PDA

View Full Version : Been posting about my experiences on the server on reddit, thought I would share here

ErasmusPrime
01-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Hey everyone. I have been writing about my experiences on the server as I have been getting going and whatnot and have been receiving some great positive feed back and a number of people have been indicating in the resulting discussions that they were going to be joining the server. I thought I would share my work here as well so others can jump and and help promote/encourage those showing interest

I'll keep everything contained in this thread going forward unless instructed otherwise.

Part 1: My Return To An Old Classic (Reddit Link) (http://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/1555wz/my_return_to_an_old_classic/) (Direct Link) (http://lofalexandria.blogspot.com/2012/12/my-return-to-old-classic.html)
Part 2: The Saga Continues Part 2: My Return To EverQuest (Project 1999)(Reddit Link) (http://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/15u26v/the_saga_continues_part_2_my_return_to_everquest/) (Direct Link) (http://lofalexandria.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-saga-continues-part-2-my-return-to.html)

I hope you enjoy! Any feedback or constructive criticism is absolutely welcome. And if this is not something that is appropriate to post on the forums just let me know and I will delete it.

purist 4.0
01-03-2013, 02:44 PM
keep reddit on reddit

Ephi
01-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Cool stuff -- keep it up!

ErasmusPrime
01-03-2013, 03:22 PM
keep reddit on reddit

That's pretty much why I included direct links so people who do not want to jump through reddit but might still be interested could see what I was posting about.

zanderklocke
01-03-2013, 03:34 PM
keep reddit on reddit

I never understand this. This post has everything to do with EQ.

falkun
01-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Nostalgia is good. Keep up the leveling! Don't get discouraged if you end up having to solo a bit on your journey to 60 (or where ever else you may travel).

ErasmusPrime
01-03-2013, 03:40 PM
I never understand this. This post has everything to do with EQ.

Exactly! The reddit links were only included for anyone who wants to help increase exposure to the server or help encourage those showing interest in the reddit comments to give it a shot. The primary content being shared is all EQ and P99.

ErasmusPrime
01-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Nostalgia is good. Keep up the leveling! Don't get discouraged if you end up having to solo a bit on your journey to 60 (or where ever else you may travel).

This is something I took into consideration when I chose my class. I played a wizard back on live and I figured that being able to kite would come in handy if I ended up having trouble finding enough people for a group at any point in the leveling process.

Hopefully my articles help encourage enough people to join that there will be some extra people around my degree of progression making it a little easier :D

whippetofspades
01-03-2013, 07:26 PM
keep reddit on reddit

Sephyre
01-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Yeah, keep saying keep reddit on reddit - hilarious.

He's not copy/pasting a mildly interesting image from Reddit, but rather showing others what he is doing there (well, really on his blog), to talk about his experiences and spread the word about P99 in the process.

Think it's a cool idea and enjoyed the posts - keep it up :)

Hollywood
01-04-2013, 06:03 AM
keep reddit on reddit

Agreed.

Spare us the attempts at obtaining a cookie badge for virtual altruism.
Reddit is a social disease and the world would be better off without it.

but rather showing others what he is doing there (well, really on his blog), to talk about his experiences and spread the word about P99 in the process.

We appreciate it, just keep Reddit away from us, we already have RnF - it's close enough.

Estu
01-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Keep "keep reddit on reddit" on reddit.

Messianic
01-04-2013, 10:13 AM

phobus
01-04-2013, 10:16 AM

Furthermore, keep "keep 'keep reddit on reddit' on reddit" out of RNF!

webrunner5
01-04-2013, 02:28 PM
The first person to level 50 on Red was a Wizard. So i guess you picked a good class there.

Verenity
01-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Keep up what you're doing bro, don't let the trolls and angry people bring you down.

formallydickman
01-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Hey good idea! Who knows this could boost the pop on the server by alot? Just ignore the kids posting the crap trying to down you, it seems alot of people on this FORUM try to bring people down. DRIVE ON!

ftfy