PDA

View Full Version : SIAP: Mistmoore

traveler
01-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Is the Pond and the Valley considered one camp? If another group moves into the valley after its been cleared (and while it is still being pulled) is that a violation of any kind.

thanks

ErasmusPrime
01-05-2013, 12:16 AM
I have been a member of a number of pond groups over the past few days that have had groups move into the valley and set up camp there. Quite frustrating how much that cuts down on the available mobs for pulling.

norova
01-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Have had GMs come in-zone to look at it before, and they've said it's legit. I don't agree, at all, but they won't do anything about it.

Yinikren
01-05-2013, 01:25 AM
Anything that doesn't spawn directly around the pond (so yes, 4 mobs) or in the GY (5 mobs) is considered FFA.

You can't camp the entire damn entrance of the zone.

Handull
01-05-2013, 02:59 AM
by the book, you can only lay claim to the mobs for which you or your group-members are sitting on the location of the spawn. that being said its dick to be pulling an enormous portion of a zone and its dick to move in and claim the mobs a group is already pulling, unless of course the group you are stealing from is already being dicks by pulling half the zone. this is all relative though, and compared to live groups on p99 pull many, many more mobs for a standard exp group, so who's to say whats right and whats wrong.

Groo
01-05-2013, 03:37 AM
If it's a problem, then consider going to Cazic.

Ephirith
01-05-2013, 03:58 AM
Typical Mistmoore:

Just before primetime, a gathering of noobs coalesce at the entrance, get together, and start killing the entrance area. They move to the pond and a few more people show up, making a full group. The group clears all the way to graveyard and pulls stuff as it spawns.

Primetime rolls around, and even more people show up in Mistmoore. Hurr durr, look! There's a gargoyle that has been alive for 12 seconds and the group hasn't pulled it! A second group forms and starts taking all of the pulls from the canyon to GY. Now both groups are getting terrible xp, and it often stays that way til primetime is over.

You can't camp the entire damn entrance of the zone.

A group of 6 that isn't terrible can easily kill the entire area and even run out of pulls. Showing up to that situation, and then creating a second group pulling those same spawns, is beyond retarded and ruins the xp for everyone involved.

Boilon
01-05-2013, 05:40 AM
Sharing is caring!

norova
01-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Typical Mistmoore:

Just before primetime, a gathering of noobs coalesce at the entrance, get together, and start killing the entrance area. They move to the pond and a few more people show up, making a full group. The group clears all the way to graveyard and pulls stuff as it spawns.

Primetime rolls around, and even more people show up in Mistmoore. Hurr durr, look! There's a gargoyle that has been alive for 12 seconds and the group hasn't pulled it! A second group forms and starts taking all of the pulls from the canyon to GY. Now both groups are getting terrible xp, and it often stays that way til primetime is over.

A group of 6 that isn't terrible can easily kill the entire area and even run out of pulls. Showing up to that situation, and then creating a second group pulling those same spawns, is beyond retarded and ruins the xp for everyone involved.

webrunner5
01-05-2013, 07:35 AM
When you go in there in your low 20's the entrance and pond is all you can do even in a group. When you get up into the high 20's low 30's then you need to pull half the zone.

It is a classic problem there and always ends up in a pissing contest when there are a lot of people there. No real good way to end up with everyone being happy. I think there is really only 3 camps in there to me. Pond Valley, Graveyard Pit, Castle Entrance.

SupaflyIRL
01-05-2013, 12:14 PM
I had some idiot named Burlystache roll into frenzy camp and decide that since I was killing both frenzy and sentinel that I had to decide which I wanted. Like I/he was going to either:

a) somehow decide that although I had been there for hours and not gotten shit that he should now have frenzy

b) that he was actually going to poopsock sentinel and the dars (that I was just killing for xp)

He did this to a friend of mine, who forced him to engage the spawn and he died immediately. Guess he just does that to go around trying to steal already broken spawns since he sucks too much to break it himself. There should be a rule that allows you to train people who show up and immediately go all internet lawyer.

Hroth
01-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Everyone goes to MM because it is the easiest place to find a pick up group at that level. The problem is that the zone can't support that many twinked characters, but druids and wizards don't yet have any group port spells to make going somewhere else feasible. Unrest is always packed too during prime time, so going elsewhere to exp means a long trip to sola, upper guk, cazic, hk, etc. In the face of traveling getting zero exp with the hopes of getting some exp when you get there, getting shitty exp in an overcrowded MM doesn't seem so bad.

Personally, if I'm on an alt and MM is too crowded, I just play something else for awhile.

Tasslehofp99
01-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Shaering is caring!

Tarathiel
01-05-2013, 03:24 PM
mistmoore is the gaza of eq, there will never be peace

Yinikren
01-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Just because a pond group is fully capable of killing everything in the canyon, up to the gy, does not mean that those mobs are all considered part of the pond camp.

Kill every mob you can see. But don't bitch if they are taken before you get to them, because that is not a part of the camp you guys are sitting on.

Once again, you cannot camp the entire damn entrance to the zone. Pull it? Yes, if it is up. But lay claim to it? Then you better be sitting right on those spawns, per our camp rules.

Pokingmon
01-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Anything that doesn't spawn directly around the pond (so yes, 4 mobs) or in the GY (5 mobs) is considered FFA.

I think that this is the only way that MM can really work. Each group should be able to pull from tunnel whatever they can get. Also, there is no way that the tunnel should ever be considered its own camp.

Also, the amount of bitching in this zone totally sucks and everyone needs to remember that this is still a game and stop taking it so seriously.

Briscoe
01-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Reading this thread makes me happy to have never set foot in Mistmoore, both on Live and P99.

Lagaidh
01-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Reading this thread makes me happy to have never set foot in Mistmoore, both on Live and P99.

That's a shame. While I can agree with wanting to avoid camp drama, Mistmoore should at least be visited. It's one of the more interesting dungeons in vanilla EQ to this dorf.

Acrux Bcrux
01-07-2013, 11:10 AM
If youre complaining about this, you should have played on live when 4 different groups would split HHK basement. You have no idea.

Vandy
01-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Lol yes, I remember when Main Room, Lookout Room, Warrior Room and Raider Room were all separate on live. It made for quite a bit of downtime. Occasionally you will have a group(or low 40's twink) move in and take one of the bottom rooms but usually the Main Room group can pull everything.