PDA

View Full Version : Paying it forward

Spoonerism
01-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Hey guys, I want to start out by saying I have been having a blast on p1999 the past month. Mostly everyone has been helpful and friendly; it has been great.

I wish I could list all of you who have helped me out over the month with whatever various things you have done. (Free ports, free buffs, a little power level here and there for 30 minutes, over-generous donations for my SoWs (Leftoe giving SoWs at EC tunnel entrance!) and of course those who have given me coin/gear freely or gave me a really good deal when I purchased the gear from you.) I will give a special thanks to Fidgetoe for initially tracking me down and helping me out when I first began playing.

That being said, I want to let you all know that I have enjoyed paying your generosity forward. I currently have a 14 druid and a 17 SK and yet still find myself being overly generous. I have given out all my extra items (I haven't really sold anything despite trying) as well as given out quite a bit of plat (well, quite a bit to me.) Heck yesterday, I gave a husband/wife couple who were new to the game about 80 plat (half of my current plat) as well as my two magical druid items (which I was actually using but figured they could use more) in order to make their initial start on this server more pleasant. (My druid is my "alt" anyways currently, so not like I was really USING them per say :)

Thank you everyone for your help and continued support! (And if I am buffing SoW in EC and you run by me slower than SoW speed. I might just chase you down and hail you until you stop, so I can run speed buff you :P )

This isn't a bid to get people to give me stuff. This isn't a bid for people to help out all the newbs to the server. I was just wanting to let everyone know that I appreciate everything that has happened on this server so far and that I myself am paying that generosity forward by helping other new people out :).

Cheers!

ManticSquee
01-05-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm not even playing yet but thanks for being generous and making a better community. I don't expect handouts when I start a game but its always nice to have people that will stop and say hi or help out without being asked or begged. It seems to me that mmos have been getting less and less social.

Pico
01-05-2013, 04:32 PM
congrats on ur philanthropy in online elflife therapy simulation, the world is a better place now

fullmetalcoxman
01-05-2013, 04:50 PM
congrats on ur philanthropy in online elflife therapy simulation, the world is a better place now

Does trolling the p99 boards keep you warm at night?

Dark Team
01-05-2013, 05:24 PM
I've been giving away items I no longer need to any dark characters in need. Hasn't been much so far, just some bronze and low-end caster items, but every little bit helps! :P

Knuckle
01-05-2013, 05:30 PM
where's all this free shit at, my monk is in rags

Grahm
01-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Lefttoe not a name that follows naming policy. I demand a name change.

Spoonerism
01-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Well, I don't want it to seem that I have received tons and tons of stuff. The little I have, I am grateful for and have been happy to pass along the 10p and 50p items that I received and now no longer use!

Naming policy wise - I hope I don't have to change, if so, then I believe half the server will have to change their names too. lol

And yes I do feel good that I am helping people out. You can knock it all you want, but I know it makes me happy and makes others happy. I don't see anything wrong with that :)

Thulack
01-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Glad you having fun toe. :)

Trinidy
01-05-2013, 06:55 PM
I will say this. I have been playing with 1 week, and I have seen nothing but extremly generous players. People have walked up to me and just given me things. In turn, when i get something new I make sure I pass it on to players as well.

I want to echo what Spooner said, and just add my thanks to the p99 community who has solidified me from leaving live.

Sickle
01-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Props to all who help others. Instill good values for those new to the server. Love to see those who were treated generously plan to pay it forward.

Mesenkomaha
01-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Agreed. This is the best community that I've been apart of. I joined to experience some difficult classic gaming and found a lot more. Thanks for all of the items, buffs, and advice. Shoutout to Lighthawk.

gotrocks
01-06-2013, 12:33 AM
I give away tons of free help/plat/items as well, as many people helped me when i first came here.

....................to iksars.

lizardmen gotta stick together cause the whole world hates us (literally)

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-06-2013, 08:05 AM
i would like to second this post. Someone gave me a crude stein at lvl 8 or so, in the Neriak bank just out of blue, for example. Someone else insisted I take a few hundred plat and a sellable item. I gave away the sellable item to a shaman who had just started.

Lot of fun on this server. Except for non-era-typical serious batphonism that I hear basically makes the server a one guild high end experience, the game is just as merry as it was back in the day.

(yes, batphonism. And no, it was *not* super common originally. Cell phones were not nearly as common among the player base. No cell phone = weak batphonism)

Dokuton
01-06-2013, 08:17 AM
wtf did i just read

Spoonerism
01-06-2013, 12:35 PM
(yes, batphonism. And no, it was *not* super common originally. Cell phones were not nearly as common among the player base. No cell phone = weak batphonism)

No results containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - define batphonism - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Try fewer keywords.

So...what is batphonism? lol. (imma take a guess and say this is when people call each other to wake up/drop everything to go kill a raid mob?)

-Leftoe

Edit: A bat phone, in business jargon, is a private telephone number that is handled at a higher priority than a public line (shrug) lol

http://www.cyproductions.com/images/batphone.jpg

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Yup. When the batphone rings, you must answer, and you must log on.

I doubt it is that harsh on p99. But in eq2 I was in a few guilds that only had a single raid force, very few extra guild members. And that was how we did it. It is the foolproof method to lockdown a server with more or less predictable spawn windows on contesteds.

But I heard TMO is just a large guild. Not hard to keep a constant raid force active if you just recruit tons of people. We used to just call those zerg guilds.

I'd be much more impressed if they were a real hardcore guild, with a single raid force, and had powerful batphone fu.

No offense! I've been in zerg guilds too. Each has their charms, much like the many beautiful women I've made sweet, sweet love to.

Itap
01-06-2013, 01:54 PM
I remember when I first started here, I gave someone in my group a green silken drape. They almost had an infarction.

Shout out to that random monk who gave me 2 diamondine earings 6 months ago!

Randarn
01-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Bump for approval.

I know the people I have randomly handed things to def brightened their day. Hope all are doing well outside of EC tunnel on their adventures, don't forget stop by T1 also and catch up to see how your doing.

To all those people I have shown the spiderling cave to (how I originally started myself) like OP, pass it forward. If you can't give, and the person isn't begging, suggest.

Glad to see your enjoying your time here. =D

-Trys

Brutal_X
01-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Although i hear hes no longer here with us, shoutout to Kuriak! Man, that dude helped me out a TON on my first Iksar SK. I would also have to agree with the rest of the people here, and im loving the experience.