PDA

View Full Version : 1k to twink druid

Dark Team
01-06-2013, 12:52 AM
My computer hates EQ right now and won't let me play long without crashing, so I'm going to think about how I can twink my alt druid. I know 1k isn't much, but I'm poor and it's something!

Do you think just buying a nice weapon with the money would be the best way to go? Maybe with some minor wis items if there's any money left.

Ideas? :P

SamwiseRed
01-06-2013, 01:04 AM
go get a wis weapon from kithicor, im sure there are plenty of high levels to ask

do the testament quest at 14, should be easy to get help on blue

with money id buy jewelry honestly. if brand new toon 55hp rings hands down best thing ever for your buck.

Karafa
01-06-2013, 01:37 AM
I'd say 2 5/55 rings and a weapon would be fine. Can get something better than the Tainted Mace in kith for 500p or so easy.

formallydickman
01-06-2013, 02:09 AM
Until the teens just a decent weapon should be just fine. After that +wis jewelry/gear is what I would recommend.

Vladesch
01-06-2013, 04:04 AM
Depends on what techniques you are going to use to level up.
Assuming you are going to solo, then once you hit 29 the fastest xp is probably charm/agro kiting. This works best after you get ensnare, and it is probably a bit inconvenient doing this with level 1 snare, both because it isnt as slow, and because of it's relatively short duration.
After 34 you also get the option of quad kiting, which is basically to have as much mana pool (wisdom) as possible. The clicky with the free dot is very useful for clearing up the ones that stop running on low health. (not sure if this server has the level 45 requirement for them)
Or you can just keep charm/agro kiting. (I find flame lick a good cheap way of maintaining agro)

That leaves what you intend to do up till 29.
You can charm animals at 14, but I find it more efficient myself to set myself up in a spot where I don't have to move, stay in treeform, use damage shield and just melee the mobs. With the constant regen there is very little downtime and you don't have to burn mana to outdamage your pet. This will work fine up till 29 so long as you keep your defense skill up (which will happen automatically) and invest in some good armor class gear. Having a high dps weapon is a secondary concern since the bulk of your damage will probably be coming from dots and damage shield.

Some of the bandit camps in the karanas are good for this. Just make sure you have everything else harmonied. You can't have sow with treeform up.

I like to have a magic weapon so I can hunt wisps easier, but they are fairly easy and cheap to get. I wouldn't spend too much money on a magic weapon. You really need your money for wisdom stuff later on. If you can't find one for sale in commons, then you might find one for sale in SK. Marik clubthorn is a common spawn and drops a magic weapon.

One thing I'm not sure about is whether or not wisdom affects charm chances for druids. I noticed my druid found charming a lot easier once I got a lot of wisdom gear. I know it was changed so charisma doesn't affect druid charm.

So basically cheap magic weapon, ac gear till 29.
Then wisdom gear.
Clicky dot if you are doing quad and can afford it.

BigSlip
01-06-2013, 04:45 AM
One thing I'm not sure about is whether or not wisdom affects charm chances for druids.

confirmed not true.

Swish
01-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Get to 29/34 and start port whoring...you can work flexi hours to attain whatever you set your heart on :)

Sickle
01-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Def, get yourself a magical weapon. Tainted Battleworn Morning Star would be Ideal from a Generals raid in Kith. since it be free.

Some cheap wis items to look into : savants cap,Chrysoberyl Talisman, chipped bone bracelet,Platinum Armband,Foreman's Tunic. Also get some WIS jewerly (rings and earring can be player made for not too much) In due time you can upgrade and than camp yourself a pair of Gatorscale leggings which cost about 1k so ill leave that outta the equation right now.

Also do the testament of vanear quest ASAP.

vageta31
01-06-2013, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't worry about wis gear at all. It's cheap but it won't do you any good, you should be going for pure hp/mana, a cheap magic weapon and AC to fill the gaps. You can usually get a decent magic weapon for 50-100pp. I saw a wraith bone hammer on a vendor for 58pp the other day and then later one was for sale in EC for 50. Not sure if it's druid usable but Shamans can so I'd guess probably so. Even if not there are plenty others with wis that can be had cheap or even free.

Golden jaded bracers, 15hp/15mana 2ac for 10pp each. 55hp/5ac rings are expensive but will make the early levels much easier. Glowing/chipped bone collar, things like this that are cheap that give mana/hps aren't hard to find. And as already said, things like savant's cap, splitpaw gloves, batfang headband, giant snakespine belt, splitpaw tunic, etc.. are uber cheap and way better than patchwork.

1k should be plenty to give you a huge headstart over someone just starting out.

shooteneq1
01-06-2013, 07:19 PM
for the most part as a druid leveling having a large mana pool just makes you is sit and med that much longer. with very minimal wis/mana gear you should be able to easily get to 50. if you are charm killing you can pretty much never go below 50% mana and grind non stop even if your almost naked. if your going to quad you will need a some gear but by the time you can quad you can also port so you should be able to easily make some cash to get some gear.

Clark
01-07-2013, 05:41 AM
^ what he said

Lagaidh
01-07-2013, 11:08 AM
You can also keep an eye out for a Foreman's Tunic. 10ac 3wis 3str weighs nothing and usually available in the 150 range.