PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances of a third server release?

Cymeon
01-07-2013, 08:28 PM
So, I missed about a year and a half of playing on this server due to RL issues. My job forces me to travel around the US. I only recently just found a permanent job and have adequate time to play.

Unofrtunately, I missed most of pre-kunark. Now it looks like velious will be coming out in the relative near future.

What is the actual likelyhood that another blue 99 server will be released? Might alleviate some of the TMO and other guild hate threads about camping spawns, getting there first, etc.. and it will give a great chance for newer people to experience the pre-xpax EQ that we all love.

Just a question, save your rnfs.

Tecmos Deception
01-07-2013, 08:33 PM
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/B-bpbsmPnPQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/B-bpbsmPnPQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Zero.

Swish
01-07-2013, 08:48 PM
You can still enjoy classic/Kunark content right? If another server got launched I'd say there's a high possibility of some of TMO (or a guild built on the same ethics) jumping ship to a new one and history repeating itself.

Plenty of other threads with plenty of detail in on the subject. Overall though, is splitting the blue population in half, a good thing? How many would want to stay on an old inflation ridden server except for those with all the virtual pixels they can carry?

Who knows, when the Velious whiners are done whining about Velious not being out yet...they can start up about how they want to start from scratch and a new server could emerge. I wouldn't count on it unless the population goes up to about 1.5k or higher nightly.

Perhaps ask again in a couple of years :p

stavio
01-07-2013, 09:06 PM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IRHNPOaoQzc?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IRHNPOaoQzc?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Cymeon
01-07-2013, 09:13 PM
I love that zero song, but in this context, i haz a sad

Tecmos Deception
01-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Don't be sad. A new server wouldn't be very great.

Like Swish said, it's not like you can't go do all the same stuff on here that you would be able to on a new server. There might be fewer people leveling up here, but you don't have to worry about every zone you might want to xp in being overcrowded. You can't get legacy items anymore, but odds are you wouldn't be getting them on a fresh server either. Low- and mid-level gear is ridiculously cheap on here compared to what it would cost on a newer server. There are lots of high levels willing to help out with hand-me-downs or buffs.

EQ is now what it always has been. It is what you make it.

Sephyre
01-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Server is filled to the brim with new people right now, it's great.

There's a lot of 'popular' area clustering (CB, Oasis, NRO, Mistmoore, etc), but from what I have seen it's about 40% twink, 60% brand new people leveling up.

I've just hit 40, and its still packed in most mid-level zones even in off-peak times. There's also a strong bring-your-own-group mentality.

Don't really care too much about what the endgame looks like until I get there, but there's no real need for a 'new' server when the current one is doing so well for noob/mid-level players.

Enroth
01-07-2013, 10:10 PM
EQ is now what it always has been. It is what you make it.

Tecmos Deception
01-07-2013, 10:15 PM
I felt ridiculous actually typing that out, but it IS pretty true.

Grimmly Fireforge
01-07-2013, 10:16 PM
I don't get why you'd be this upset you missed most of pre-Kunark. All the classic content is still there and the popular classic zones are still packed to the brim for the most part. I almost never go to Kunark myself. And anyway it's pretty silly to suggest we go splitting the server all willy nilly just because you found out about it during Kunark.

Pico
01-07-2013, 11:26 PM
i haz a sad

cringe

Ele
01-07-2013, 11:37 PM
I look forward to the server with proper timeline and all bug fixes in a few years! Then we shall really see who is awesome.

Randy
01-08-2013, 01:36 AM
I'd go 50% chance of having a third server but wouldn't happen until after Velious is totally working, at least a year after release. I don't know if they'd wipe the first server or make a third to restart.

Jenni D
01-08-2013, 02:56 AM
to be fair, pre kunark on p99 was awesome.
lot of people have missed out.

Vladesch
01-08-2013, 04:13 AM
People are spread thin enough already. I'm enjoying it right now while there's a few groups around in places that would have been solo only 12 months ago.

Dark Team
01-08-2013, 04:34 AM
PvP teams?

*crosses fingers*

Autotune
01-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Zero.