PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when someone is harrassing you in-game?

Beaniron
01-08-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm camping sisters in lfay right now and a few minutes ago a guy came up and insisted that I share my camp with him, either by grouping or letting him kill half of the spawns. After I said "no thank you, I'm soloing here, sorry" for like the 8th time, he finally left, but not before spitting an insult at me.

Am I in the wrong here?

Sirken
01-08-2013, 07:24 PM
nope. but if thats all that happened. thats not bad. put him on /ignore and be done with it.

if he had started KSing you, i'd suggest making an ingame /petition that explains the situation, if you can not work it out with the player.

Beaniron
01-08-2013, 07:26 PM
What are the rules for maintaining a camp? For example, if I need to break away from the camp for two minutes to sell/restock food. Can I still claim the camp?

Ephi
01-08-2013, 07:49 PM
You must remain in the camp to hold it. If you leave for any reason and there is no one there to hand off or hold to, you don't hold it any longer.

You can check the full rule list here: https://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653

Grimmly Fireforge
01-08-2013, 07:50 PM
What are the rules for maintaining a camp? For example, if I need to break away from the camp for two minutes to sell/restock food. Can I still claim the camp?

Nah

Snagglepuss
01-08-2013, 07:53 PM
When in EQ's tough situations just ask yourself, what would Abacab do?

The results might surprise you... or ban you.

Beaniron
01-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Understood, thank you for clarifying.

LizardNecro
01-08-2013, 07:58 PM
You were in the legal right to solo and turn him away.

The nice thing to do would have been to group with him. If you were too busy to do that, the nice thing to do would have been to share spawns.

fishingme
01-08-2013, 08:00 PM
next time you have someone saying that to you reply with "how many blowjobs are you going to give me?"

Halfelfbard
01-08-2013, 08:04 PM
You were in the legal right to solo and turn him away.

The nice thing to do would have been to group with him. If you were too busy to do that, the nice thing to do would have been to share spawns.

He's soloing. Oh hi i ordered this nice delicious combo meal...here have half because you want half.

F that, enjoy your solo'n sir.

quido
01-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Add him to your "friends" list and check up on him from time to time. When the opportunity arises, STRIKE YOUR VENGEANCE.

fullmetalcoxman
01-08-2013, 08:16 PM
You must remain in the camp to hold it. If you leave for any reason and there is no one there to hand off or hold to, you don't hold it any longer.

You can check the full rule list here: https://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653

I was under the impression that as long as you were back by the time the mobs respawned you could still claim the camp?

So in this case, if the OP could clear the camp, run and sell, then get back before stuff started repopping then the camp would still be his?

Splorf22
01-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Add him to your "friends" list and check up on him from time to time. When the opportunity arises, STRIKE YOUR VENGEANCE.

It's posts like this that make it impossible for me to hate the TMO troll squad :D

SamwiseRed
01-08-2013, 09:04 PM
should have just killed him. oh wait this is blue hahaha

Tarathiel
01-08-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm camping sisters in lfay right now and a few minutes ago a guy came up and insisted that I share my camp with him, either by grouping or letting him kill half of the spawns. After I said "no thank you, I'm soloing here, sorry" for like the 8th time, he finally left, but not before spitting an insult at me.

Am I in the wrong here?

you put their name on blast in RnF with screenshots included... we'll take care of him for you =D

Stinkum
01-08-2013, 09:59 PM
should have just killed him. oh wait this is blue hahaha

on red youre forced to group with him (read: communism)

otherwise he will wait for you to be low hp/mana and tanking a mob then come gank you

ill take freedom

Stinkum
01-08-2013, 10:01 PM
i take the entire post above back everyone knows on red there are like 20 people on the whole server and theyre all level 60 and in the same guild

Rikimeru
01-08-2013, 10:39 PM
i take the entire post above back everyone knows on red there are like 20 people on the whole server and theyre all level 60 and in the same guild

nothing like some smurfdreams for a good laugh.

Silo69
01-08-2013, 10:43 PM
I was under the impression that as long as you were back by the time the mobs respawned you could still claim the camp?

So in this case, if the OP could clear the camp, run and sell, then get back before stuff started repopping then the camp would still be his?

your impressions are wrong

if you leave the camp to sell buy food jack off, and they respawn and someone else is there you lost the game brosamual

Stinkum
01-08-2013, 11:09 PM
nothing like some smurfdreams for a good laugh.

>has kate hoof joke avatar
>2013

Rikimeru
01-08-2013, 11:14 PM
>has kate hoof joke avatar
>2013

i didnt know it was necessary to get a new avatar every week. guess im not immersed enough in fourmquesting. must be the smurf thing to pass the time while taking turns killing raid mobs and sharing camps.

Stinkum
01-08-2013, 11:19 PM
>has obscure dota hero for eq emu forum name
>"you guys are too immersed"

Beaniron
01-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Well I saw the guy again today, and boy did he get a taste of Karma. I dinged 17 earlier and told him he could have the camp cause nobody else was here and I was feeling kind, so I held it for him for 20 minutes until he finally got here. So I buff him and set up camp to log out, and while he's getting ready, about 10 seconds before I get logged out, I see a train of Teir Dal's from the nearby camp come running towards him and wipe him in about half a second. He got too close to the dark elf camp while coming to take my camp. And he's bound all the way in Halas, he said.

I don't think I've ever laughed that hard before. Ever.