PDA

View Full Version : Mayong Mistmoore

Somekid123
11-17-2009, 03:21 AM
Can anyone here provide a url with Mayong Mistmoore showing his full hits, aoes, spells etc?

Every correction here that is obvious or not still requires a url with data pointing back to 99-01 right? Yet hes in game and IG is allowed to kill him and get a 12/22 dagger? Ya so what if a rogue has it, but he'll have significant dps advantage over any other rogue in someone elses guild, giving them a slight edge over others when it comes down to killing targets.

Skeletonya
11-17-2009, 04:14 AM
Grats IB on another kill.

QQ more, OP

magic
11-17-2009, 05:43 AM
This ^

Bubbles
11-17-2009, 05:57 AM
Who cares about the details, the important thing is we are sticking to classic progression! hurrah!

p.s. one rogue with a 12/22 poker isn't going to significantly alter the universe. Forget about the fact that it's not a classic loot that was actually obtainable.. Just think of it as a GM event prize where everyone was invited! oh wait...

Outside of that, nasty boss mob with DT, tons of adds, deep in the most annoyingly pathed zone in classic EQ. Anyone questioning the validity of the kill is being silly. Kill was earned. If you want to laugh about the inane stupidity of the mob being available, attainable, and killable at a whim, then feel free.

For those keeping score at home we've gone Sky/Hate/OneNagKill/Mayong. I'm far from a purist, but surely someone is asleep at the wheel here.

Reiker
11-17-2009, 06:14 AM
There's no way that live's Mayong Mistmoore was more difficult than what's on this server, fyi.

The fact of the matter is any 32k mob is going to be ezmode.

Throttle
11-17-2009, 08:19 AM
What Live Mayong Mistmoore? I don't play on the server so I don't know how things went down, but Mayong Mistmoore was not actually part of the game as we knew it. He was in the beta, he may or may not have been in at the very launch, and if he was then he was taken out before he had any impact on the game. I certainly have no recollection of him being there, though it was a few weeks or maybe a couple of months before I set foot in MM, and nor was he ever discussed in any greater detail than the myths and rumors that can still be found. MM stilettos certainly did not circulate the game at any point in time before they were put in as a part of the rogue epic. The stiletto's ratio is 10% below the best weapons in the next expansion and does not belong on any server that claims to provide the classic experience, because Mayong Mistmoore and his loot was not part of the classic experience.

Rigget
11-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Be careful Bubbles, if you speak the nasty truth too often you may find yourself without lips. The staff here doesn't take kindly to people opposing preferential treatment of one guild over another.

As for MM, clearly not hard enough if a 20 man guild can put him down. The guy was supposed to have rivaled dragons by himself for goodness sake. He was given demigod status for his abilities.

Reiker
11-17-2009, 08:44 AM
So if no guild was ever capable of killing Nagafen in 1999 because everyone sucked we shouldn't have Nagafen?

guineapig
11-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Anyone get a video of the kill by chance???
Would love to at least get to see it second hand =)

Dabamf
11-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Did anyone on live servers ever kill mayong and get this dagger? If not, it existing here is pretty preposterous. 12/22 is absurd

guineapig
11-17-2009, 09:17 AM
The real question is will he still be on the server in say three weeks time when other guilds are ready to try taking him on? If so then I'm not complaining.

Pyrocat
11-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Did anyone on live servers ever kill mayong and get this dagger? If not, it existing here is pretty preposterous. 12/22 is absurd

Yeah, it was given out at Mayong GM events when they managed to kill him I believe.

Almost any boss mob in EQ can be killed with low numbers, the right people and the right gear. You don't need to zerg to win, and in many cases it's detrimental.

For those keeping score at home we've gone Sky/Hate/OneNagKill/Mayong. I'm far from a purist, but surely someone is asleep at the wheel here.

2 Nag kills now, and PoA/PoH were closed down shortly after we entered them. They were open due to miscommunication between GMs on whether they should be open I think, and Nilbog eventually made the final call and they were closed.

thrawnseg
11-17-2009, 09:32 AM
So maybe 1 person per server had them on live if they were GM events. Was ours a GM event, or is he a normal boss? If he's a normal boss, that's way too good to be in classic.

Might as well just open the planes up already since people are already getting gear better then that (even if it's just 1 dagger atm) and some even have planes gear.

messiah_b
11-17-2009, 09:48 AM
He was in live but as far as I know the first thing patched out. He was never killed as a spawn NPC, and ~one dagger per server thing is probably correct.

Since there is one dagger floating around he should probably now be patched out. I think it's totally cool that he was in game and one dagger is not server breaking, but it's certainly not something that you want to be farmed.

douglas1999
11-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Wait, quick sidenote, so the planes aren't in yet but some people have been able to raid them somehow? How is that possible\allowed?

Not trying to stir shit up, honestly, but it seems like if that's the case it would violate some pretty fundamental rules of fairness, and is the kind of thing that always ruins emu servers. If I don't have my information correct here I apologize and please disregard this. I really like the server so far and I'm just hoping there is basic oversight in place.

Dolalin
11-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Drama, and accusations of favoritism...even on an emu server of 300 people.

Speaks to human nature, eh? No matter how small the island, we'll always have a lord of the flies.

douglas1999
11-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Not accusing anyone of favoritism, I literally just read "open the planes up, some people already have planes gear" (to paraphrase) and am curious as to the story behind that (I'm fairly new to the server).

Tollen
11-17-2009, 11:01 AM
This server is a blast, never been so excited to play on any other emu server.

Now for those that complain about fairness and favoritism, IMO if your not 45+ don't worry about it... its just like a live server if you don't progress with the server you miss out, one day you get there if its when IB is raiding ToV and your still farming Pofear/hate/air so be it. that is the nature of the beast, lead follow or the the F out of the way.

I can't play 8+hours a day so I know I'm not going to be there for the first kill of anything anytime soon, But I'm not going to QQ about some one else doing it if they put in the time. I'm not worried about missing out on anything until the devs give us a time line for the next progression step.

magic
11-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Yeah, it was given out at Mayong GM events when they managed to kill him I believe.

Almost any boss mob in EQ can be killed with low numbers, the right people and the right gear. You don't need to zerg to win, and in many cases it's detrimental.

2 Nag kills now, and PoA/PoH were closed down shortly after we entered them. They were open due to miscommunication between GMs on whether they should be open I think, and Nilbog eventually made the final call and they were closed.

I don't have anything against you Pyrocat, but when you say the right people and the right gear... There were illegal characters at your first Nagafen kill. None of you have the right gear to do it legitimately. I'd be willing to bet I have more FR than anyone in your guild aside from your magicians. As far as zerging to win... You will need to zerg to win to down any real boss (i.e. Innorruuk, Cazic-Thule). The fact is, a lot of mobs here aren't an accurate representation of their live counterparts. In regards to PoA/PoH being open and then closed, anyone that obtained gear from that should have it taken away because it shouldn't exist at this point. Even if the advantages gained from having said gear is minute, it should not be allowed. My Solusek Ro quested Shovel of Ponz was removed two weeks after the server was launched because it was not supposed to be open (due to a communication problem between GMs/programmers). Regulations and enforcements should be parallel across the board. That shouldn't even be an issue but for some reason it is. Regardless, we are all mature adults (for the most part) and none of this should even be a topic of discussion. At this time I think everyone needs to just play the game and enjoy it for what it is. Every type of system will have a perceived level of unfairness, people should know that by now.

messiah_b
11-17-2009, 11:20 AM
... one day you get there if its when IB is raiding ToV and your still farming Pofear/hate/air so be it...

I really doubt this will happen. You may get an occasional fun run group to classic planes but I don't see them being farmed if you can go to Kunark.

Yoite
11-17-2009, 11:39 AM
wow, really? What will the forums QQ about next.

instead of QQing on the forums, lvl up, get organized, and kill him.

It's just a game people, just play it.

Jify
11-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Quick points.

Raids:
I hate to say it, but Naggy does seem pretty easy. Granted, when I did him in live (w/ a pickup group) it went ZEEEEEEEEERG! Now, it involves proper buffs, dodging AEs, etc. When people know what they are doing it's relatively simple to kill any boss.

That being said, all the mob strats are known. We know where to pull, where to hide, what to expect. And if we don't know exactly (ie: MM), we have ideas, and we can "test" them by engaging prior to the raid to check for abilities, AEs, spawns, etc. IB is getting a lot of hate, which is undeserved.

Hate:
I know there are still people on this server that hate me because I "was" a high lvl on the server, and I know they hate me (/petition zomg jify is speed hacking cause he was the first to go from Freeport to Qeynos!!!). But there are some people that respect me and know that I am a fair and honest player. IB is no different. They are being as fair and as honest as they can be. GM's watch all of our kills, ensure mobs are working correctly, to avoid stuff like "IB hacked MM because I didn't kill him in live!". If mobs aren't working correctly, they can adjust the mobs, repop zones, etc. (In a way, we are making sure these encounters work properly for you! That's right! YOU! The haters!) How many of you have been peacefully exping and have had a random IB member run by and load you up with loot? I saw it on my ranger a few times, and have in turn started handing out goodies myself.

We aren't the assholes on the server. We just want to raid. :(

In closing:
<3

nilbog
11-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Its amazing what people believe unless they are told otherwise. All it takes is like 5 posts to get to favoritism or speculative posting. :T

Let me preface this by saying the underlying tone of favoritism for any guild is being conjured or misinterpreted. A lot of the decisions I make without even knowing the in-game guilds. Let me assure you, GM involvement or decision making that is my own has nothing to do with your guilds.. I don't even get a chance to play a character, much less learn all your abbreviations.

Yet hes in game and IG is allowed to kill him and get a 12/22 dagger?
He was up for like 44 days. Not sure how this relates to any guild.

does not belong on any server that claims to provide the classic experience, because Mayong Mistmoore and his loot was not part of the classic experience.

As far as Mayong is concerned, yes he was part of classic. From research, mostly what I read about him was he would cause zone disruption, kill/lag everyone, crash Mistmoore, and then hang out at the zone line. (Not that hard to do, I think I could make it happen)

He was rumored to drop the Fanged Skull Stiletto (the dagger mentioned here) "very early in release."

The day before the server launched, I spawned lots of raid mobs in gfaydark and allowed the remaining testers to fight them. I heard NO complaints about Mayong and people seemed to think it was a great fight. Also, no one complained about him until he was killed.. really guys, almost 2 months?

Not accusing anyone of favoritism, I literally just read "open the planes up, some people already have planes gear" (to paraphrase) and am curious as to the story behind that (I'm fairly new to the server).

Sure, here's the story. During the last crunch week of testing and pre-launch DB preparation, I forgot to disallow a few zones of having access. Just a few numbers in different fields that hadn't been changed for nearly a year.. sorry. When it was discovered that players were there, the zones were disabled for the next restart, and locked. It was my decision for the loot to be kept.. they were open, its my fault. I have no idea how to otherwise give these players back their time to put in. (?) So.. as far as the planes, whomever is looking for someone to blame, you can blame me.

My Solusek Ro quested Shovel of Ponz was removed two weeks after the server was launched because it was not supposed to be open (due to a communication problem between GMs/programmers).

Your Broom of Trilon was removed by me, yep. You failed to mention that I gave back all your quest components for it, though :P In this instance, I was able to give you back your "time". In the instance of the planes.. I didn't have this option.

I know the forums are for discussion, but its disheartening at times to have to type large paragraphs just to explain myself :T I do it for you guys. <3

magic
11-17-2009, 11:55 AM
I don't have any problem with IB downing mobs first. I do have a problem with everyone getting their 49 spells before everyone else! /rude jify :p

edit:

Obviously sarcasm, Jify is cool. And yes Nilbog gave me back my items which I greatly appreciate! I do think something needs to be done about said planar gear being in game though :( Perhaps giving them max-level currently accessible non-dragon in-game loot would be appropriate?

thrawnseg
11-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Quick points.
IB is getting a lot of hate, which is undeserved.

If any guild would have killed MM, they would have gotten the hate IMO, it's just that IB did it first. He was never on live, except for GM events. If it would have been a GM event, I'm sure noone would have even complained about the dagger dropping.

But being a mob that can be killed over and over (if he's that way), that goes against the whole classic thing.

Edit: apperently I was wrong, and he was on live, but I know he was patched out very quickly.

Also, you say fair and honest, but what's fair about IB having items no one else can get, even if it's just 4 items from Sky? Wouldn't the honest thing to do would be destroy them to keep the semblance of "classic" at this point?

Bigcountry23
11-17-2009, 12:01 PM
What Live Mayong Mistmoore? ... ...before I set foot in MM

The problem is you are basing it on what you "know". He was on live for like the first month. He was trackable from zone in if you had high enough tracking and he was occasionally TRAINED TO ZONE IN.

thrawnseg
11-17-2009, 12:03 PM
http://eq.knowledgepit.org/wiki/Mayong_Mistmoore

Barkingturtle
11-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Grats IB. I think it's f*cking rad, and accurately recreates my classic experience as I live vicariously through the ubers while I spend weeks deciding what class to roll.

Goobles
11-17-2009, 12:32 PM
I don't have anything against you Pyrocat, but when you say the right people and the right gear... There were illegal characters at your first Nagafen kill. None of you have the right gear to do it legitimately.

We killed him on Sunday without those pricks. We had no idea of knowing that they cheated, other than the suspicion of,"Wait, who the fuck are Cohort and Draum?" which arose in my mind immediately.

Until it was confirmed, IB had no way to prove that these guys were complete donks.

briannick91
11-17-2009, 12:38 PM
i have one question about mayong.... according to ooc chat right after kill, a gm was talking about taking a deathtouch... now, if he walked up to the mob, and got dt'ed by accident, no problem. but what it seemed like from chat is gm took the DT on pull... which seems retarded

Jify
11-17-2009, 12:44 PM
i have one question about mayong.... according to ooc chat right after kill, a gm was talking about taking a deathtouch... now, if he walked up to the mob, and got dt'ed by accident, no problem. but what it seemed like from chat is gm took the DT on pull... which seems retarded

LOL. :)

briannick91
11-17-2009, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=Also, you say fair and honest, but what's fair about IB having items no one else can get, even if it's just 4 items from Sky? Wouldn't the honest thing to do would be destroy them to keep the semblance of "classic" at this point?[/QUOTE]

they do destroy items that weren't attainable in classic, like totemic arms, u just have to be in some other guild than IB to experience this

nilbog
11-17-2009, 12:46 PM
but what it seemed like from chat is gm took the DT on pull

Treat ooc like wikipedia. You may or may not hear the truth..

The way the DT was scripted for him.. is look for a target, if that target is alive and in the zone, blow it up.

Here's a screenshot of Cazic Thule DTing Uini (GM of erollisi marr), which leads me to believe they had the same vulnerabilities that we do.

http://i33.tinypic.com/nv78s1.jpg

p.s. Also ooc bragging about server population being 1700 ;)

Zexa
11-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Holy resolution, Nilbog!

briannick91
11-17-2009, 12:51 PM
so since gms could get deathtouched on classic, and gms follow ib around to all raid mobs that means ib gets no dt on pull? :D

Zexa
11-17-2009, 12:53 PM
so since gms could get deathtouched on classic, and gms follow ib around to all raid mobs that means ib gets no dt on pull? :D

Half the time GMs follow us and kill the mobs for us. Whenever they can't make it to raids we just turn the hax on. So don't worry. Either way you can still come hate on IB.

Goobles
11-17-2009, 12:55 PM
What are you trying to accomplish by whining so much, Briannick? It's like talking to a brick wall with you.

Jify
11-17-2009, 12:55 PM

Yup. That's it.

magic
11-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Yup. That's it.

Ugh Jify just because you joined a mass-invite-to-those-above-40 guild, please don't adopt their elitist asshole persona :( Not too long ago you were messing around on a ranger saying you hated mages because they were broken. Stick with your old self imo. moar sunglass faces, less IB attitude 8D

Wenai
11-17-2009, 01:00 PM
This was me and I am glad to clear it up. Basically, we have three different scripts for Mayong, and the wrong one was loaded. We had to change the scripts and #reload the pl. Since we never had a chance to see the script tested in a raid situation we were sticking around to see if it worked properly.

Unfortunately I was too close and got hit by a few of his AEs and thus I was on his hate list. When he chose a DT target, that target ended up being me. I definitely didn't assist in the pull, and I definitely didn't get DT'd intentionally. I was standing a little ways back trying to figure out if the script was working properly when suddenly I got nailed with a DT.

The funny part was, it wasn't anywhere near the pull I don't think. Mayong was probably below 80% when I got DT'd.

Jify
11-17-2009, 01:03 PM
No attitude here! Using my iphone to post... Tiny keyboards FTL. 8(

PS-Pweez don't h8 on IB. 8(
PPS-My apologies for short replies!

Goobles
11-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Oh come on, now you had to add your name to Briannick's hit list..

Zexa
11-17-2009, 01:08 PM
No attitude here! Using my iphone to post... Tiny keyboards FTL. 8(

PS-Pweez don't h8 on IB. 8(
PPS-My apologies for short replies!

Wow. Posting from an iPhone... How elistist of you.

magic
11-17-2009, 01:10 PM
This was me and I am glad to clear it up. Basically, we have three different scripts for Mayong, and the wrong one was loaded. We had to change the scripts and #reload the pl. Since we never had a chance to see the script tested in a raid situation we were sticking around to see if it worked properly.

Unfortunately I was too close and got hit by a few of his AEs and thus I was on his hate list. When he chose a DT target, that target ended up being me. I definitely didn't assist in the pull, and I definitely didn't get DT'd intentionally. I was standing a little ways back trying to figure out if the script was working properly when suddenly I got nailed with a DT.

The funny part was, it wasn't anywhere near the pull I don't think. Mayong was probably below 80% when I got DT'd.

I appreciate the honesty. The fair thing to do would of been to randomly DT an IB member. That DT could of killed a cleric or a tank, possibly changing the outcome of the fight. They probably had enough numbers to win either way though :)

Boomlaor
11-17-2009, 01:15 PM
No one has asked the most important question: what custom title did they get for killing him?

Jify
11-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Wow. Posting from an iPhone... How elistist of you.

Zexa, I need a rez in FP. 8(

magic
11-17-2009, 01:19 PM
No one has asked the most important question: what custom title did they get for killing him?

They didn't get one from what I've heard. They should though, I thought GMs said there were titles going out for MM, Vox, CT, Inny? If so I'd like to see them get their titles tbh

Takon
11-17-2009, 01:37 PM

This I can verify as I was watching the fight on my wiz. I believe it was actually closer to 60% that he got DT'd, thought I didn't know it was a GM DT at the time. I just saw CAZIC_THULE and thought it was a random script error.

JohnPublic
11-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Mayong was on live, but not as a mob that you could just walk in and kill. He was always trackable, but would be in a direction that was impossible to get to. He would occasionally go nuts and kill everyone in the zone before hanging out at the zone line for a few mins and despawning. You could kill him with a raid in theory if you organized and then sat there for an indefinite amount of time hoping you would be ready when he randomly bugged out.

That said, I'm glad to see that he's in the game as a raid as he should have been all along on live. However, yesterday while fighting mobs at the entrance I noticed he was tracking as "behind you and to the left." If this is accurate does that mean that you can't simply show up and kill him? Does the fight have to be initiated by a present GM? I can certainly see the issue if that's the case.

guineapig
11-17-2009, 02:09 PM
So I'm guessing there's no video of this kill or the second Naggy kill? :(

poop!

Zexa
11-17-2009, 02:13 PM

poop!

I was thinking about how cool it would be to fraps the Naggy fight. Then I realized I'm a cleric and some of the excitement might be lost by staring at a wall.

Throttle
11-17-2009, 02:15 PM
As far as Mayong is concerned, yes he was part of classic. From research, mostly what I read about him was he would cause zone disruption, kill/lag everyone, crash Mistmoore, and then hang out at the zone line. (Not that hard to do, I think I could make it happen)

For most intents and purposes, he was part of classic as nothing more than a legend. He was, with almost 100% certainty, never killed on Live. If something is removed in the very first patch and never reinstated, it is not a part of the game.

He was rumored to drop the Fanged Skull Stiletto (the dagger mentioned here) "very early in release."

I have my reservations about creating content based on rumors. The fact remains that you've gone to great lengths to provide an experience as close to classic as at all possible and then you go and add something that none of us ever experienced because it was never realistically possible (if he was ever really in the game post-launch, it was for too short a time for anyone to get to kill him). On top of that, the stiletto is so vastly superior to existing items that it completely skews the itemization, and scarcity is not a valid justification. 12/22 is endgame Kunark quality.

The day before the server launched, I spawned lots of raid mobs in gfaydark and allowed the remaining testers to fight them. I heard NO complaints about Mayong and people seemed to think it was a great fight.

This would not seem like a serious enough event to warrant relevant comments. If I had seen you load up random raid mobs for shits and giggles, I wouldn't bother to point out any inconsistencies as the scenario would be way out of context, especially prior to launch.

Also, no one complained about him until he was killed.. really guys, almost 2 months?

It seems logical that the problem does not occur to people until it is brought to their attention. I would venture to guess that many were unaware of his existence since, you know, he's not supposed to exist.

If I played on the server, I would feel a significant breach of integrity and athenticity. What are you going to do next, create the zone between Highpass and RunnyEye that was intended but never developed?

Wenai
11-17-2009, 02:19 PM
That said, I'm glad to see that he's in the game as a raid as he should have been all along on live. However, yesterday while fighting mobs at the entrance I noticed he was tracking as "behind you and to the left." If this is accurate does that mean that you can't simply show up and kill him? Does the fight have to be initiated by a present GM? I can certainly see the issue if that's the case.
Nope. Otto was the one who pulled Mayong. Requires no intervention from anyone.

poop!
I was hoping someone was going to start taking videos of this stuff. Someone that is attending raids from now on needs to start youtubing this stuff. ;)

thrawnseg
11-17-2009, 02:28 PM
So, is MM going to be a week long respawn mob going forward, or was he a 1 time kill?

JohnPublic
11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Nope. Otto was the one who pulled Mayong. Requires no intervention from anyone.

Excellent to hear.

So, is MM going to be a week long respawn mob going forward, or was he a 1 time kill?
I don't know when he was killed, but was on tracking last night.

I can't see how Mayong being in the game disrupts anything at all. The classic experience is still present and you get the bonus of fighting a mob that should have been in the game all along. His loot, however does seem questionable. The dagger is too powerful for the current content and will be camped to death until every melee in the top level guilds have them. At that point they will blair through the kunark content faster than was originally possible.

As a side note, this seems to me to be highly accurate:
No one killed Mayong before he was removed from the game.
He was one of the four level 53 mobs that were part of the unsolved version of the original Fiery Avenger quest. There was still an artificial block placed on leveling past 30 when Mayong went gm controlled. He was removed at the same time Leviathan was from lake Rathe.
He was removed partly for pathing and agro issues, and partly for a change in the story to where they wanted him to be too powerful for players to destroy.

Jify
11-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Not sure if this helps... But end game kunark is VASTLY superiour to this.

nilbog
11-17-2009, 03:01 PM
If I played on the server, I would feel a significant breach of integrity and athenticity. What are you going to do next, create the zone between Highpass and RunnyEye that was intended but never developed?

You heard it here first! I was going to start by giving all the guards in Thurgadin lollipops.. then waste a bunch of development time responding to pointed questions on the forums, then work on that HP/RE zone! ;)

Step 1: complete

http://i47.tinypic.com/2rfsx9u.jpg

Step 2: in progress

yaaaflow
11-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Will Mayong be left in game or is he going to be removed at some point?

edit: I ask because he seems like a cool encounter, and it would be a shame for him to be removed before other groups get a chance to level up and take him on.

Somekid123
11-17-2009, 03:06 PM
No suprise, any hot button topic to be brought up just gets taken over by trolls, of course half of them are in IG to begin with.

Jify
11-17-2009, 03:13 PM
No suprise, any hot button topic to be brought up just gets taken over by trolls, of course half of them are in IG to begin with.

Please forgive my ignorance. What/who is this IG that keeps coming up?

Pyrocat
11-17-2009, 03:17 PM

I don't think you "get" trolling.

thrawnseg
11-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Please forgive my ignorance. What/who is this IG that keeps coming up?

No idea why it's IG... I think he was aiming for IB. Unless people are just using the "InGlo" part of the guild name?

Pimp1
11-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Why dont Transcendence and all the other trolls get off IBs dick lol... i see alot of trolls, ALOT of jealously, as much as i love reading all this to pass my time at work, its just sad to see everyone crying this much.

magic
11-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Why dont Transcendence and all the other trolls get off IBs dick lol... i see alot of trolls, ALOT of jealously, as much as i love reading all this to pass my time at work, its just sad to see everyone crying this much.

Hiding behind an anonymous forum name to try and fuel people isn't trolling? Get off your own dick you basement dwelling ginger.

P.S. "a" and "lot" are two separate words.

messiah_b
11-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Will Mayong be left in game or is he going to be removed at some point?

This thread is a shitpile, but this is a valid question I think most of us would like to know since there is no comparison from Live to us assume against.

If Nil or one of the GM's could confirm if this will be a static Raid spawn or if it was a special event/server opening kill I think many of us would appreciate it.

Jify
11-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Hiding behind an anonymous forum name to try and fuel people isn't trolling? Get off your own dick you basement dwelling ginger.

P.S. "a" and "lot" are two separate words.

Agreed. Group hug and let's call it a day. 8)

Pyrocat
11-17-2009, 03:47 PM
However, yesterday while fighting mobs at the entrance I noticed he was tracking as "behind you and to the left." If this is accurate does that mean that you can't simply show up and kill him? Does the fight have to be initiated by a present GM? I can certainly see the issue if that's the case.

A GM already responded saying that a GM didn't initiate the fight, and that Otto went up and pulled him. Check this map to see why you might have been getting "behind you and to the left".

http://web.archive.org/web/20001019010918/eqatlas.com/mistmooremap.html

Pimp1
11-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Ugh Jify just because you joined a mass-invite-to-those-above-40 guild, please don't adopt their elitist asshole persona :( Not too long ago you were messing around on a ranger saying you hated mages because they were broken. Stick with your old self imo. moar sunglass faces, less IB attitude 8D

suppose its better than joining a mass-invite-to-those-above-level-1 zerg guild

Pyrocat
11-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Come on dude, you're not making the situation any better. There are some skilled players in Transcendence, and I'm sure they don't appreciate being called a zerg mass-invite guild any more than IB appreciates being called cheaters.

Pimp1
11-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Come on dude, you're not making the situation any better. There are some skilled players in Transcendence, and I'm sure they don't appreciate being called a zerg mass-invite guild any more than IB appreciates being called cheaters.

whos talking about transcendance!!...we all know what u think about them!!

magic
11-17-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm in Transcendence and will go ahead and say I'm the second best mage on the server. Serbar being the first.

Pimp1
11-17-2009, 04:14 PM
"If you ain't first your last,"

JohnPublic
11-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Pyro, when you zone in there is nothing "behind you and to the left." It is blank space, thus my confusion. Also, I saw where a GM had already stated that he didn't pull the mob, but was confused as to whether or not they had had to spawn him.

I have nothing against end game guilds, I've been there myself. The concerns that people are raising do seem valid given the circumstances:

1. Planes were accessed and afterwards closed.
2. Nagafen was killed by 17 people without bard resists.
3. Mayong was never once killed on live.

I'm not saying that anything wrong has happened, just that there have been a series of events that do not accurately reflect the original live experience after a month and a half. These events, combined with the fact that GMs are playing amongst us have people raising legitimate questions. I do think, though, that the GMs have answered those questions satisfactorily and are doing a great job of creating a near-to-perfect replication of the original game.

I honestly don't understand why anyone is bringing specific guilds into this discussion. I, and I think many of the other posters are simply concerned with the game being as true to the original as possible.

Otto
11-17-2009, 04:19 PM
whos talking about transcendance!!...we all know what u think about them!!

This actually false. Taking some individual attitudes and projecting them to entire guilds is both juvenile and plain wrong. I have no issues with Transcendence as a guild and often group with their members and give away gear to them as well.

Pyrocat said it best... There are some skilled players in Transcendence, and I'm sure they don't appreciate being called a zerg mass-invite guild any more than IB appreciates being called cheaters.

In regards to this entire topic, people need to get information before they throw out false accusations and sling mud at each other. This forum is becoming a shit fest because of a few trolls and people taking their word as fact. If you want to know anything about the Mayong fight or the Naggy fight or IB as a whole, you can talk to me and get information and then make an educated opinion on the subject. If you want information on the Mayong scripting and encounter, I'm sure the GM who did the whole thing would be more than happy to put the subject to rest.

Vox Drops a spear that is 13dmg 30 dly. 12 dmg 22 dly is not so absurdly different. Sure its better, but not by so much that it warrants getting pissy over.

I'm tired of logging into the forums and seeing people bashing the guild I'm in based on hearsay and rumor.

Goobles
11-17-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't think you "get" trolling.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/RiddlN/troll.jpg

yaaaflow
11-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Dude you're in the top guild on the server, this is just properly recreating the classic EQ experience by having random people hating on you :P

Jify
11-17-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm in Transcendence and will go ahead and say I'm the second best mage on the server. Serbar being the first.

Hmph! :(

Aeolwind
11-17-2009, 05:24 PM
To all the haters and vile venom's: Mayong did work on beta, but got bugged out when he was brought over. Some folks in beta may remember him being spawned in GFay towards the end. His script stopped functioning like it did. I told IB that he was bugged, but I have no way to test now like I did in beta cause with 1 person on his hate list, he works fine. They offered to pull and kill him I told them they could keep the dagger.

Now, I had good data to take back to test, tweak him and I have him working correctly. Classically, mayong was killable, he was removed at the 4 month mark cause Mistmoore used to have hellish pathing issues and kinda like what emu had before pathing nodes. Mobs would come from anywhere and everywhere to attack you including Mayong.

The way it was bugged: Mayong had 2 abilities that had a casting time, due to the way I had scripted it required instant cast abilities, since they had a casting time it would attempt to cast on everyone in the raid then interrupt. I've since found 2 abilities that mimic those abilities and have an instant casting time. I've also tweaked the priorities of his targets for his 3 combat abilities to make him more detrimental to those engaging him. He has also returned to summoning his adds and as such once the database gets patched up to live they'll also do more than stand there and look stupid.

What made me decided to have Mayong Killable: I'd originally setup the FA quest to work similar to the original. Requiring the dragon scales, Megalodon & Mayong's robe. After I scripted Mayong but decided against the original FA due to time constraints for going live I liked the script so much I left it.

Similar issues occurred on live as well, the first Lady Vox kill found her unitemized since Brad had deemed her unkillable and itemizing her was not a priority. He gave -everyone- in the raid a Fanged Skull Stiletto for their time. Rewarding IB with a single FSS for their time & offer to help I feel was well within line.

IB as a whole reports more bugs and exploits than any other group on the server & not only that; once they are found they cease using them before we even have time to ask them not too.

JohnPublic
11-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Thank you for clearing that up Aeolwind. As it stands will he continue to drop the FSS? Is he on an extended timer?

I can't imagine that anyone is upset as a single FSS as they were handed out with some regularity on live, but the prospect of outfitting an entire guild with them in a few weeks is a bit scary.

Throttle
11-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Pyro, when you zone in there is nothing "behind you and to the left." It is blank space, thus my confusion. Also, I saw where a GM had already stated that he didn't pull the mob, but was confused as to whether or not they had had to spawn him.

I have nothing against end game guilds, I've been there myself. The concerns that people are raising do seem valid given the circumstances:

1. Planes were accessed and afterwards closed.
2. Nagafen was killed by 17 people without bard resists.
3. Mayong was never once killed on live.

I'm not saying that anything wrong has happened, just that there have been a series of events that do not accurately reflect the original live experience after a month and a half. These events, combined with the fact that GMs are playing amongst us have people raising legitimate questions. I do think, though, that the GMs have answered those questions satisfactorily and are doing a great job of creating a near-to-perfect replication of the original game.

I honestly don't understand why anyone is bringing specific guilds into this discussion. I, and I think many of the other posters are simply concerned with the game being as true to the original as possible.

This is the kind of discussion that needs to take place, and more importantly, needs to be listened to.

While some players are always going to be trolling and whining, the administration does at time seem less than professional in their conduct as well. There is a disconcerting unwillingness to even so much as agree to listen to any of the concerns brought up in any thread I've read so far. In many cases, the concerns are valid on the bottom, just not brought up in a very constructive manner.

From an unbiased onlooker's perspective, things do not look fair. Things like letting people keep gear from zones that should not be available yet when others are simultaneously having their items from quests that should not be available yet taken away. Things like every single noteworthy event being affected in some way by GM activity or presence.

The administrative staff needs to be very careful how they appear to the community. You need to do one of two things: stop being around whenever a specific group of players do things, or stop coming off as excessively defensive when the inevitable questions begin. Anyone who knows the first thing about running a service for others would realize that transparency and trust is the most important thing, so when little is done to maintain this, it can come as no surprise that people get suspicious.

I won't go into specific cases because I don't have much to say about them, but the facts involved in most of the important events that have transpired on the server so far are questionable enough to rouse suspicion in someone who by all rights shouldn't even care. Even after filtering through the baseless accusations and taking into consideration only the accounts that were confirmed to be true, each event has had its fair share of dubious circumstances. I think more could be done to deliberately avoid that kind of thing, such as by not placing controversial content and gear into the game so early in the server's life, or by not constantly having GMs accompany certain groups of players regardless of what the GM does; if nothing else, at least stay invisible and out of the way so that your presence affects noone but yourself.

If you don't take the necessary precautions to appear trustworthy and neutral, you should expect other players to suspect something as they have every right and reason to. Being overly defensive to the point of passive-aggressiveness only enforces the notion that something might be up.

Pheer
11-17-2009, 06:08 PM
I really dont get why people are going apeshit over a fanged skull stiletto and comparing it to high end kunark gear.

Seriously, have you guys seen the plane of sky class specific stuff? Some of those items could last you till PAST kunark easily, and some of the clickies I could see someone using indefinitely.

eqravenprince
11-17-2009, 06:08 PM
I assume the GM's are fair and decent people. And until I see unfairness firsthand, I'm not going anywhere. All I know is I've petitioned twice which were answered extremely quickly and politely. There still isn't a better game out there.

Aeolwind
11-17-2009, 06:09 PM
the administration does at time seem less than professional in their conduct as well.

I've said in other threads, I'm not a professional. I'd be making a whole lot more. So, start paying me a salary and I'll be happy to coddle you. The sense of entitlement of folks is quite humorous. Aside from donations to keep the server up so you can play is about all that is asked for. If those go away then the server will move to a garage box with a cap of 70ish players. This is an open source project, we're just as frustrated with non-live like issues as everyone else is and we have the same inability to fix those due to lack of skill set or lack of time.

The horse is dead and buried. The beatings will continue to occur most likely, but words without action are hollow. Screaming fix this without being part of the solution is ignorant & futile.

Dolalin
11-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Powergamers make great testers, that explains their close relationship with the devs in every game out there. This is nothing abnormal. And besides guys, it's an EMU server. Come on.

Aeolwind
11-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Thank you for clearing that up Aeolwind. As it stands will he continue to drop the FSS? Is he on an extended timer?

I can't imagine that anyone is upset as a single FSS as they were handed out with some regularity on live, but the prospect of outfitting an entire guild with them in a few weeks is a bit scary.

Mayong will be a one and done. As such, there will only be 1 legit Mayong kill.

yaaaflow
11-17-2009, 06:17 PM
Now that is disappointing. Can I ask why that decision was made?

thrawnseg
11-17-2009, 06:18 PM

So there is one more kill out there then...Then he's gone.

Fugly
11-17-2009, 06:35 PM
There was nothing fishy about or 17 man Naggy kill. Cohort and Draum didn't give themselves uber gear or anything. Overall, their role in the kill was very small. Knowing what we know now, I'm sure all of us wish we could go back and not bother with those two, but we can't. We had ongoing, and rather dramatic, discussions about how the guild could/should/will handle the situation, and could never come to an agreement. Some people suggested was that no matter what we did, certain people would never shut up anyways, so why cater to them? Others suggested willingly giving up loot and titles, and have Naggy respawned for a non-tainted "first" kill. Time went by and we never really came to a conclusion, Naggy respawned, and we killed him again just fine, in fact, it was easier this time. And don't even try to attribute it to mage pets or zerging.

At the end of the day though, there were 15 legit players there, a solid strategy, and an excellent execution (also: Naggy isn't hard, resist gear isn't necessary, lrn2heal, lrn2hide). If you were farming lower guk all day in a full group, got yourself an SMR, a Yak, an FBSS, or whatever else you're after, then find out one of your group members cheated somehow to level/gear up his character that had nothing at all to do with the current group, would you be so willing to give up the rewards of the time and effort you put into that group? I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to.

By the way, I've also suggested to the guild that we willingly bank our planar gear until the corresponding plane is opened, but at this point I don't think the complainers will ever be satisfied, so why bother?

Pyrocat
11-17-2009, 07:39 PM
I love your signature Fugly <3

Pyrocat
11-17-2009, 07:47 PM
The administrative staff needs to be very careful how they appear to the community. You need to do one of two things: stop being around whenever a specific group of players do things, or stop coming off as excessively defensive when the inevitable questions begin.

1) Of course GMs will be around when boss mobs are killed for the first time. There is absolutely nothing improper about this. GMs are there to watch something they put their hard work into finally be experienced by a group of players for the first time. They're there to make sure that Nagafen doesn't explode or crash the zone .etc .etc. I'd imagine they're also there to make sure no one exploits and, when the situation warrants, to give out titles.

2) You'd be defensive too if you worked on a project for months and months and put countless unpaid hours into and once it launches people start accusing you or saying you're doing a bad job.

The GMs for the most part (from what I've seen) have been very patient, very understanding, and very willing to disclose information. That said, I don't blame any GMs if they get upset at reading through one too many accusations and trolls. Imagine yourself in their shoes before getting all riled up. This isn't like live, this isn't a paid service, the guy with the green name is NOT being paid, so you can't just treat them like you'd treat a nameless SOE employee and expect to be given a "sorry sir of course the customer is always right".

Wenai
11-17-2009, 07:49 PM
I am also observing every raid that I can to ensure that we are there to debunk any "I bet they hax0red their way through this omg!!!" or in the event that it is an exploit employed, I can throw you to the vultures.

Zarniwooop
11-17-2009, 07:50 PM
It's a joke if 20 or so people could kill mayong.

I am all for him being in the game.

But, unless he's a proper 32k boss, get rid of him.

Pyrocat
11-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Because you fought him in live I assume? And can accurate judge how many people should be able to kill him, without knowing their level or equipment? Or his HP? Or what the fight is like?

Villide
11-17-2009, 07:58 PM
The GMs for the most part (from what I've seen) have been very patient, very understanding, and very willing to disclose information. That said, I don't blame any GMs if they get upset at reading through one too many accusations and trolls. Imagine yourself in their shoes before getting all riled up. This isn't like live, this isn't a paid service, the guy with the green name is NOT being paid, so you can't just treat them like you'd treat a nameless SOE employee and expect to be given a "sorry sir of course the customer is always right".
Well stated Pyrocat. It's a shame you have to even type this up - it should be obvious to anyone with multiple functioning brain cells.

Pheer
11-17-2009, 08:13 PM

This. Is. An. Emulator. Server.

Everyone seems to think every raid mob should take 395893869 people and countless hours to kill. Mayong BEFORE being fixed the way he should be was still harder than naggy so I'd say hes definitely a "proper" 32k boss.

kr0w17
11-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Dude you're in the top guild on the server, this is just properly recreating the classic EQ experience by having random people hating on you :P

truth

I assume the GM's are fair and decent people. And until I see unfairness firsthand, I'm not going anywhere. All I know is I've petitioned twice which were answered extremely quickly and politely. There still isn't a better game out there.

truth

I've said in other threads, I'm not a professional. I'd be making a whole lot more...This is an open source project...

truth

1) Of course GMs will be around when boss mobs are killed for the first time. There is absolutely nothing improper about this. GMs are there to watch something they put their hard work into finally be experienced by a group of players for the first time. They're there to make sure that Nagafen doesn't explode or crash the zone .etc .etc.

truth

This. Is. An. Emulator. Server.

truth

In an era where, with some small amount of investigation, a person can learn anything he/she might need to know about healing rotations/mob HP & MP/spells AOEs/"safe areas"/tactics etc. I think I'd be more surprised to learn a raiding guild failed to kill an "old world" mob.

Moreover, I would hesitate to think very many guilds on this server will EVER be able to muster too many more than 20 for a raid, given that it is EMU, and learning that these kills are hard but can be achieved by only 3 groups gives me hope that this server will NOT go the way of the "one dominant guild" where everyone who wants to raid has to join one guild that rules the raiding scene.

I would like to ask, though, why not leave Mayong Mistmoore in the game? I think it's flipp'n pimp and want to kill him one day...(it's only been my life-long dream, and since I vowed never to play Live again, this may be my only chance!)

Reiker
11-18-2009, 01:32 AM

What exactly is a proper 32k boss? Do you realize how quickly 20 people can do 32000 damage? VERY quickly. If everyone is doing 20 dps (very low, pets do more than this), that's 24000 in one minute. Seriously, classic EQ is easy. Nothing to get upset over.

Goobles
11-18-2009, 04:08 AM
Because you fought him in live I assume? And can accurate judge how many people should be able to kill him, without knowing their level or equipment? Or his HP? Or what the fight is like?

I would also like to note that even if there were enough high level people on live, a lot of them were in different guilds since the servers were bigger. Concluding that lots of people had different agendas.

I can't speak for anyone else in IB, however - My main focus is to level up, and get/do all the things that will be gone sooner than later. I enjoy the challenge, and strive to do my best while holding the assumption that my guildmates have the same mentality and similar assumptions/expectations of me.

Bubbles
11-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Let me preface this by saying the underlying tone of favoritism for any guild is being conjured or misinterpreted. A lot of the decisions I make without even knowing the in-game guilds. Let me assure you, GM involvement or decision making that is my own has nothing to do with your guilds.. I don't even get a chance to play a character, much less learn all your abbreviations.

Ok Nil, here's the real issue: You guys put a ton of work into this, year+ in the the making. It's provided record player base turn out, and rocketed from EMU obscurity through Preferred server status directly into Legend. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you've got something huge on your hands.

We <3 this place as much as you do, and judging from our relentless pages of drivel, probably even more. There are a few things that historically have lent themselves to the destruction of every hot new EMU server:

1. Corrupt GMs
2. Absent GMs
3. GM led raiding guilds
4. Lack of follow through on enforcing policy
5. Deviation from the server M.O.

Pretty much every rant I've ever made in these forums/ooc has been fueled by

1. GMs playing enabler over "den mother" and being involved in suspicious activities they should have nixed in the first place themselves.

2. Anything that is off base from a "Classic Legit Progressive" everquest experience.

3, Slow reaction to exploits/bugs/ZEMs/etc.

4. Boats.

------------------------------

1. I don't know how you fix this, or if it even needs to be fixed. If you want this server run with a fluffy hammer instead of an iron thumb, that's your decision. If you need some volunteers to give up their characters and actually dedicate themselves to clearing the petition queues and doing the menial tasks instead of witnessing raids and/or playing their own characters instead, let me be the first. Anyone who knows me knows I've spent roughly 98.6% of my time logged in either helping people, ressing, smithing at cost, or doing something I'd rather not be doing. It would not be a stretch for me. I'm sure there are others who'd volunteer likewise that are both fair, firm, and have a generosity of spirit.

It's quite obvious that your underlings have far more desire to play the game instead of be the bad guy / helper bee. It's probably time you let them. No one had a hand in creating this server with the vision "I hope I get to log in every day and spend all my time GMing!" No, we all love and wanted to play the game. That's perfectly natural.

2. It's nigh impossible to use the wayback/allas to recreate everything 100% classic, we just ask that the obvious things get fixed/blocked quickly. Lord knows verant had no qualms shutting down Fearplane with a raiding group of 25 in the zone if Verant thought one of the scareling sound files was slightly off when getting hit by a blunt weapon. Somewhere between that and not reacting for a month while getting screamed at form all directions about SolA.. is the happy medium.. Example: If Mayong is going to stay in game and Drop that silly rogue poker, he also needs some AWESOME loots that drop 90% of the time instead just like any other raid mob, like Warhammers of Divine Grace and Bard-Only 2hand slashers and broken quest items. And I know for a fact you can't argue with that based on the spirit of true classic lol.

3. You might need more ppl dedicated to manning the lifeguard tower and with less *personal* incentive to turn blind eyes, report things slowly, et al. As far as customer service goes, you'll probably just need more people entirely. One thing this server could really use is a GM in place from, say 8pm PST to 8am PST to handle the offpeak issues. Even if he is an insomniac, Rogean could probably use a little help during that time slot. Which is actually a cool thing, because all that really means is this server has performed and grown above and beyond even the highest expectations, and you're undermanned because of it.:)

4. Yeah, no one truly cares about boats. And if they do, they are srsly wasting their energy and letting a great server pass them by.

Rigget
11-18-2009, 09:06 AM
As much as I'd hate to lose you Bubbles, I'd love to see you as a GM. /salute

Jify
11-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Mmm.. GM Bubbles. No more 90% rezzes, they'd be 100%!

messiah_b
11-18-2009, 10:06 AM
My suggestion would be to make a locked 'server rules' thread that covers large topic items like boxing, the progression goals, rules on exploiting / duping / receiving non classic items, gm play, and most importantly a disclaimer that it's your emu and everyone can belly off.

Add to it as new GM admin decisions are made. Would save a lot of these crapstorms as people know up front how things are handled.

Just my suggestion as I would rather you guys do work on patches during your time than dealing with trolls.

Great server tho.

Vanech
11-18-2009, 10:14 PM
I am glad to see that MM spawned and was successfully taken down.

I like the idea of known broken content from Classic being fixed.

It's a shame that it's going to be a one time deal, though.

Blink
11-20-2009, 08:44 PM

Serbar was number one...

Serbar lost it-turned in his wings.

You and Goobles are number one now. But you remember one thing: if you screw up, just this much, you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong!

Dolalin
11-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Top Gun quotes ftl.

JShred86
07-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Just think of it as an old girlfriend with a new boob job =D.

mgellan
07-27-2010, 11:16 AM
I really doubt this will happen. You may get an occasional fun run group to classic planes but I don't see them being farmed if you can go to Kunark.

Not true, the casual Guilds I was in used to raid Nagg/Vox/Fear/Hate/Air often to gear up for the Progression even into the Velious era because the mobs weren't contended and it as good practice for harder mobs.

Regards,
Mg

Allizia
07-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Holy thread resurrection

In before someone starts arguing like this is a current event

Cogwell
07-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Jshred86 has skills.

Necro skills.

KilyenaMage
07-27-2010, 03:32 PM
IB as a whole reports more bugs and exploits than any other group on the server & not only that; once they are found they cease using them before we even have time to ask them not too.

LMAO yea ok....cuz I never saw any of them exploiting their way to 50 only to report the exploits they used so nobody else could use them.

KilyenaMage
07-27-2010, 03:35 PM

See now that simply doesn't make sense. You've said you were glad to include him in the classic experience because you were able to jerry-rig a fix for many of his problems.

Why take him out now then!?!? Let other guilds get a chance at him since he has "been fixed."

IB gets the one free kill on Mayong, with ADMITTED GM assistance, and that's it!?!? Sounds pretty sketchy to me !!!

Supreme
07-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Transcendence killed him as well..got a mask and a robe to show for it=).

yaaaflow
07-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Haha this thread was awesome to read through again, I remember being like level 20-30ish when this was started and being so disappointed that I would never get a shot at Mayong.

jeffd
07-27-2010, 05:44 PM
What the fuck is with the thread necromancy on all the boards lately?

Who gives a shit about a thread that was boring 8 months ago?

Humerox
07-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Resurrecting Mayong, maybe?

Hell. I dunno. Is awesome to read through again, though.

wvdmc
07-27-2010, 07:00 PM
I've said in other threads, I'm not a professional. I'd be making a whole lot more. So, start paying me a salary and I'll be happy to coddle you. The sense of entitlement of folks is quite humorous. Aside from donations to keep the server up so you can play is about all that is asked for. If those go away then the server will move to a garage box with a cap of 70ish players. This is an open source project, we're just as frustrated with non-live like issues as everyone else is and we have the same inability to fix those due to lack of skill set or lack of time.

The horse is dead and buried. The beatings will continue to occur most likely, but words without action are hollow. Screaming fix this without being part of the solution is ignorant & futile.

Where can we get the P99 source?

Kluren
07-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Wow...

I am saddened to read this.

I really thought the IB favoritism was bullshit...until now.

Kevynne
09-23-2012, 12:56 PM
I found this thread while doing a google search for mayongnmistmoore loots
Leviathan... Wo dafuq is that
Whatever
Could release these mobs again but give them the same banishments as naggy and vox. Or maybe release themin gm events like on live

ccs88
09-23-2012, 01:18 PM
If a raid boss is available to everyone, why are you complaining?

You don't own the server. It's called an executive decision.

Be thankful you are playing classic EverQuest, and take it as it comes.