PDA

View Full Version : login server account

Dokuton
01-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Anyone ever gotten their LS account reset?

Urbanzkopf
01-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Only way I know of is through your EQEMU account. They used to have a feature to reset your password for that but it got taken out due to people abusing it or something.

Edit for clarification: They used to have a feature on EQEMU to reset your password*

Ephi
01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Unfortunately not something staff can help with either.

Very frustrating for us, since we get several requests a day, and when we turn people down they generally think we just refuse to help ;)

Dokuton
01-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Is the Rogean on eqemu the same one that develops here? If so he is my only hope from what they said on EQEMU forums. Just hit 59 on necromancer and now it could be gone forever because this is the only game in the entire world that doesn't have a reset password options to save my tardness.

Swish
01-09-2013, 02:26 PM
If you can't remember your EQemu login/password its the end of the road for that account, I can't think of anyone who's managed to get theirs retreived by Rogean, or if he can actually do it even if he wanted to :(

How do you get to 59 then forget your details? :p

Urbanzkopf
01-09-2013, 02:28 PM
My guess is he did what I did to my password couple weeks back, changed the password to something stupid that you think you will remember but you don't then you end up with a iPod threatening to erase all data if you get it wrong one last time :D

arsenalpow
01-09-2013, 02:59 PM
We will never forget you Nyar.

Gone too soon from this world...

Dokuton
01-09-2013, 03:03 PM
I hit 59 and wanted to update my password, my hands were freezing last night when i did it and somehow botched the password twice so when i went to put it in again it didn't work. Tried to replicate it again but can't.

corradojeff
01-09-2013, 05:34 PM
I have a failry standard set of rules I use to produce my passwords. The passwords themselves are secure but using the rules I use for them makes it "unlikely" that I could ever forget it. Have an account with a bard on it that I have been trying to log in to forever. I have sat for hours typing in all the combinations to ever password I would have ever used but still nothing. I must have fat fingered the password twice as well.

I would be stoked to have a LS server PW recovery.

I dont see where the big security hole is...? If they can reset your EQEmu password anf the LS account belongs to that EQEmu account then that EQEmu account OWNS that LS account and should be able to reset the PW at will?

Bamzal Sherbet
01-09-2013, 07:57 PM
ppl would sell their LS account then steal it back

Thulack
01-09-2013, 08:09 PM
ppl would sell their LS account then steal it back

Well if they would setup a LS pw recovery they should have it so it sends it to your email registered to your emulogin. Most people sell their emu logins along with the accounts and people change the emails right away(they should atleast) so there really wouldnt be a issue there unless someone was stupid enough to not change the email in that case the person could steal the emulogin and LS info back anyway.

Dokuton
01-09-2013, 08:59 PM
I've never made a post trying to sell any character on my account that this happened to, I also never changed my email address on the account from what i remember anyways, and if i did i have access to both. I also know the password - the typo i did twice in a row that i can't replicate.

Sirken
01-09-2013, 09:01 PM
have u tried the password u intended with the capslock key on?

edit- hard to imagine you typed the same wrong pw twice

Dokuton
01-09-2013, 09:09 PM
I've tried for 5 hours doing it in notepad trying to figure out where i went wrong. It is hard to imagine but it does happen to people. I only use this password for league of legends every now and again. Like i said if its possible to check i know the password down to the small typo i did twice in a row that i can't replicated from banging away at in Notepad and i also did every guess in notepad back in caps.

Dokuton
01-09-2013, 09:20 PM
I actually care a good bit about the community http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AivVHTCXdSo have a solid reputation. I'm not trying to screw anyone im trying to get my character back

Thulack
01-09-2013, 09:21 PM
I actually care a good bit about the community http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AivVHTCXdSo have a solid reputation. I'm not trying to screw anyone im trying to get my character back

Think we all get that. Fact is it can't be done :(

Dokuton
01-09-2013, 09:45 PM
From what Rogean said on the EQEMU forums its possible but most people are from 2007 asking for this to be done and there was a database hack preventing him from helping in 2007. My accounts from 2011, so i was just wondering if anyone ever actually got help in my situation. Rogeans the only person with access to the LS stuff for security sake i guess.

Jeron
01-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Does the LS have an account lock out feature? I never wanted to find out.. But if it doesn't maybe you could use a very slow passive brute force script method to try a password every 10 seconds or something ... Might take a couple weeks but may work if there isn't an account lock out feature and you don't hammer the login server.

Usually frowned upon though.

Dokuton
01-09-2013, 11:31 PM
I hope it doesn't have to come to anything like that. If Rogean isn't able to help i might just release my password i "thought" i put in and let people have a go at it. Better someone get a 59 iskar necromancer that me letting it go to waste because of a small mistake.

Swish
01-09-2013, 11:52 PM

Confirmed this was an excellent guide, my iksar has been banking there thanks to the Freeport tip :)