PDA

View Full Version : Four man group

Romeon
01-09-2013, 11:39 PM
I played original EQ since it launched years ago.

Huge fan coming back.

I have three friends along with myself.

Any recommendations on a four man group?

Atennu
01-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Monk, Monk, Monk, Monk

Romeon
01-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Lol.

Splorf22
01-09-2013, 11:47 PM
enc/enc/enc/enc will crush your monk/monk/monk/monk group any day.

Thulack
01-09-2013, 11:49 PM
warrior,monk,cleric,enchanter if you want to go true classic :P
Mage,Mage,Mage,Mage if you want to be "those guys"
Monk(rogue)depending on how you want to handle pulls,SK,Shaman,Druid if you want to be interesting.

Personally i think monk,SK,Shaman,Druid would be fun to 4some. Cant really think of anything they are lacking and could all solo or pair up when needed.

Romeon
01-09-2013, 11:50 PM
warrior,monk,cleric,enchanter if you want to go true classic :P
Mage,Mage,Mage,Mage if you want to be "those guys"
Monk(rogue)depending on how you want to handle pulls,SK,Shaman,Druid if you want to be interesting.

Personally i think monk,SK,Shaman,Druid would be fun to 4some. Cant really think of anything they are lacking and could all solo or pair up when needed.

Very nice.

How about utilizing some of the lesser played classes like (I assume) bard, ranger, etc...?

Romeon
01-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Bump

Galaa
01-10-2013, 12:55 AM
1 druid for porting and sowing
1 chanter for clarity and charming
last 2 can be magi

3 or 4 pets (druid charm) is gonna kill mobs extremely fast.

Biguns
01-10-2013, 01:14 AM
Druid/Enchanter/Shaman/MonkorBard?

Romeon
01-10-2013, 01:34 AM
Anything utilizing a more melee-heavy group rather than casters?

SupaflyIRL
01-10-2013, 01:44 AM
War/Cler/Rogue/Sham

or

War/Cler/Rogue/Ench

e: you're gonna need at least 2 casters unless you don't want heals or buffs or slow or CC

jerok88
01-10-2013, 02:00 AM
War/Cler/Ench/Sham and then you can pick up 2 dps to make your group godly or just rely on ench charm dps

jijii
01-10-2013, 02:27 AM
If what you want is 4 ppl with melee focus, then you have to have a shaman. Heals, slow, haste, melee buffs... the sham is gonna cover the overwhelming majority of your caster needs in one class. Honestly no matter what your 4 is I'd make sure a shaman is in there.

Melee focus: shaman, warrior, monk, rogue
Caster focus: shaman, magician, magician, necro
Mixed focus: shaman, monk, rogue, magician

Those would be my picks.

Dark Team
01-10-2013, 03:07 AM
Since you're starting fresh here I assume, I would say SK over warrior as tank for better agro maintenance.

SK/Cleric/Rogue/Bard

Bard class is godly when played well.

gotrocks
01-10-2013, 03:19 AM
i highly recommend putting a cleric in, or at least a shaman. druids start to fall behind in the healing category later in life.

that being said, definitely include a wizard or druid as well, for those all important ports.

so thats two slots, shaman/cleric and druid/wizard. just add a tank and dps. Warrior and monk will have alot of versatility, but so will sk/monk (excellent pulling combo) or paladin/monk. Adding a rogue instead of a monk can work well, and to that end, an sk/rogue may be the best option. Youll get to keep the all important feign death as well as having the uber dps of a rogue. So, in conclusion...

cleric/shaman, wizard/druid, sk/war/pally, rogue/monk. if it were me personally, i would do

shaman, druid, sk, rogue. unconventional, but i can almost guarantee this group could go from 1-60 in any zone with litlte problems and be very efficient. just my 2 copper pieces. You could in fact replace the shaman with a cleric (for much better heals, and the all important res in case you wipe), but it sounds like you're experienced and shouldnt be dying much. Also, shaman buffs are just *so* good, and with their slow they heal arguably as well as a cleric (not quite, but they are close. slow is amazing).

One more thing to add that i just thought of, having an enchanter in group is invaluable. Their CC is king. so this may be a better option:

cleric/wiz/enchanter/sk or paladin or warrior. enchanters really are the group kings, cc is just so amazing.

SkippyTime
01-10-2013, 03:27 AM
shaman monk bard rogue

Llodd
01-10-2013, 05:15 AM
Bumped after 13 mins and more stupid questions. You're on a roll!

webrunner5
01-10-2013, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=Thulack;807966]warrior,monk,cleric,enchanter if you want to go true classic :P

Pretty much it. 5th would be a Rogue. 6th Mage. ALL 6 would be one hell of a group.

fishingme
01-10-2013, 10:45 AM
1 druid for porting and sowing
1 chanter for clarity and charming
last 2 can be magi

3 or 4 pets (druid charm) is gonna kill mobs extremely fast.

+1, 2 mages, because i mean of course with those pets with focus items. chanter for crack/charm. Druid for spot heals/porting/buffs/regen/sow. When you're exping with a group of friends then it's vital to have a druid for ports

falkun
01-10-2013, 11:10 AM
melee focus: shaman/rog/bard/warrior. The bard will pull and support. the only one not in melee range will be the shaman. Expect the bard to tank more than the warrior. If you want the warrior to tank, swap him out for a pal/SK.

Slave
01-10-2013, 01:10 PM
If you want a melee focus, you could Shaman-Monk-Rogue-Warrior, pretty easily with only slowish leveling pre-30 before your Shaman's slows and heals hit their stride. This group will probably level the fastest out of anything just from pure DPS. Cleric-Shadowknight-Rogue-Bard also covers everything you need in a group.

Still, I can't help but think, that with 4 people, just your classic vanilla boring group would be the most powerful and fulfilling. Cleric-Warrior-Monk-Enchanter, I have to agree, would give you the most options in that area.

DO NOT worry about ports. You pay people for these with stuff called platinum.

webrunner5
01-11-2013, 01:01 AM
[QUOTE=Slave;808400]If you want a melee focus, you could Shaman-Monk-Rogue-Warrior, pretty easily with only slowish leveling pre-30 before your Shaman's slows and heals hit their stride. This group will probably level the fastest out of anything just from pure DPS.

Slave my old buddy lol. Have you ever played a Shaman? Haste and Slow are 2 of the worse mana eating spells in the game. Yeah, I can see 3 Melee's all wanting haste. Good luck with that. Sounds like the Shaman will need a Marco, "BrB OOM, going to make lunch etc" about every third pull. Pls Haste dropped.

Slave
01-11-2013, 05:02 AM
Slave my old buddy lol. Have you ever played a Shaman? Haste and Slow are 2 of the worse mana eating spells in the game. Yeah, I can see 3 Melee's all wanting haste. Good luck with that. Sounds like the Shaman will need a Marco, "BrB OOM, going to make lunch etc" about every third pull. Pls Haste dropped.

I've buffed, slowed, and been main healer for all-melee KC groups easily. It helps to know a little bit about the game and have good gear, but not really all that necessary.

Use your JB gear to buff. Use Alacrity instead of Celerity. Skip a few slows on the weaker mobs. Spread regeneration around and encourage the melees to share some damage. This stuff is all about 13 years old, and it works. It works perfectly. Melee groups tend to buzzsaw through mobs if you just take care of their buffs and park the occasional add.

tenkakahn
01-11-2013, 05:07 AM
Classic cookie cutter is war monk rogue shaman cleric chanter!

Slave
01-11-2013, 05:10 AM
Classic cookie cutter is war monk rogue shaman cleric chanter!

Perhaps you should read the title of the thread again. :)

tenkakahn
01-11-2013, 05:20 AM
So you pick 4 out of the 6 choices and OMG you found out what your playing it might be slow but you can still FOUR man to 60 with war monk rogue chanter...........

Silo69
01-11-2013, 07:54 AM
shaman
monk
monk
monk

gg

Phinger
01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
If it was me and 3 friends, for overall utility and to have the ability to function well in most situations and zones, I'd go:

Sk (tank/pulls)
Enc (cc, buffs, charm dps)
Cleric (heals, rez)
Rogue/monk (dps)

I wouldn't add a shaman to that 4 man setup, enc can slow and cleric can heal...buffs are nice but I'd prefer high melee dps/off tank ability than back up heals and buffs...and as a melee i think I'd prefer enc haste over stat buffs from a shaman. Don't get me wrong, shaman are great and i love grouping with them, but in my opinion, the setup above will allow you to do any camp in the game without much effort or shenanigans. And have no stops for downtime.

It depends on your play style and how/where you want to level. Ports and sow are nice, but you won't have sow in dungeon crawls anyway, and finding a port is really easy.... /w dru ecom all, /w wiz ecom all..../t hey man, porting by chance?

Fael
01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
1. cleric. you will want a cleric.
2. enchanter / bard
3. war/sk/pal
4. rogue / monk / or random caster

The holy trinity is all that matters, then add whatever. If you want the most efficient 4 man it would be cleric, enchanter, warrior, rogue / monk

joppykid
01-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Four Iksar SKS

joppykid
01-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Just kidding. Monk/Shaman/Druid/Ench be pretty solid.

Doors
01-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Shaman
Enchanter
Cleric
Warrior

Yibz
01-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Bard
Rogue
Rogue/Monk
Cleric

falkun
01-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Bard
Rogue
Rogue/Monk
Cleric

At least someone else is listening to the "melee-oriented" comment.

Llaile
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Bard Ranger Rogue Rogue

Yibz
01-11-2013, 02:06 PM
At least someone else is listening to the "melee-oriented" comment.

One of the best xp groups I've ever had on p99 was bard, cleric, rogue, rogue, rogue, rogue. But I threw monk in just in case the bard gets a little tired pulling, tanking and CCing :).

sillymonster
01-11-2013, 02:09 PM
druid/monk/sham/[bard/enc/cleric]

falkun
01-11-2013, 02:30 PM
the bard gets a little tired pulling, tanking and CCing :).
"Jack of all trades" :cool: