PDA

View Full Version : Duo class

Romeon
01-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Hello,

I am looking for advice on a duo that can level effectively together.

Thanks in advance!

August
01-10-2013, 06:18 PM
SHAM/ENC done

Atennu
01-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Shaman monk does very well. Mage, Mage does well.

Tecmos Deception
01-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Give us more to go on, Romeon. Almost any two classes "can level effectively together" if the players know what they need to do and are willing to do it.

Elements
01-11-2013, 01:25 AM
bard rogue

Arrisard
01-11-2013, 01:39 AM
Bard bard

Ephirith
01-11-2013, 01:58 AM
Shaman/monk and enchanter/cleric are two highly effective, highly recommended duos.

Galaa
01-11-2013, 02:12 AM
shaman necro looks to be a very good duo class.

Both are masters of DoT. Shaman provides SoW which makes kiting safe. Necro has self clarity with Shaman giving him regen, and shaman can canni as well so both classes are able to regenerate mana at a very fast rate.

Fear dot or root dot, both will do very well and compliment each other.

for melee duo, bard rogue looks the best bet. Unlimited reverse kiting with rogue backstabbing.

Recusco
01-11-2013, 04:46 AM
I prefer DRU/NEC personally. The ports are nice, DRU can snare so the NEC doesn't have to worry about his darkness line. Still have some DoTs. SoW and regen is there as well too.

falkun
01-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Bard bard

Half as fast as solo bard, but more than twice as safe. Kind of hard to make the kiting work before you get targeted DoTs though.

Silo69
01-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Half as fast as solo bard, but more than twice as safe. Kind of hard to make the kiting work before you get targeted DoTs though.

snare/fear
??????
backstab
??????
profit

the dots suck, bard would be twisting snare/fear/haste anyways

the only prob is the bard is a hybrid, by the time the bard hits 40 the rogue would be 46

Hathes
01-11-2013, 07:54 AM
shaman / necro

you can duo nearly every camp. Other duos like bard / bard?rogue are great to level but are not as optimal to farm in dungeons

Silo69
01-11-2013, 08:00 AM
shaman / necro

you can duo nearly every camp. Other duos like bard / bard?rogue are great to level but are not as optimal to farm in dungeons

shm/monk

are the most optimal duo in everquest

its already been proven 10 years ago

no thanks jeff

Hathes
01-11-2013, 08:07 AM
shm/monk

are the most optimal duo in everquest

its already been proven 10 years ago

no thanks jeff

most popular yes, most powerful... no :D

Arrisard
01-11-2013, 09:10 AM

I wonder if it'd be more effective and actually feasible to find two parallel routes of solo AE kiting for 5-30 in different zones to get to 30 ASAP than actually duoing together in the same zone. I could be off, but I seem to recall at least one old world and kunark alternative for those level ranges. I've been trying some of these ideal duo's on my necro and enc recently and they're both in the 30's now. They're very efficient and flexible, but they still don't really match the pure exp intake I could manage on my bard at any given level.

Once you get to that targettable DoT at 30, I mean low HP kiting is really more than twice as safe if you're a player good with situational awareness. If you're the eternally lost and helpless type, low HP kiting might not be for you. If the two can handle it well and can hit the zones in the off hours, though, that's some seriously fast exp all the way to 60 with little risk or downtime.

The area it breaks down though is where that other dude I'm not going back to quote said about not being very super in a dungeon setting grindin' out some named or something. That's a factor with most people that won't be ignored. But for pure leveling speed, it's just adorable watching these other suggestions slug it out for the "best way" to kill a handful of mobs at a time for exp :D

Arclyte
01-11-2013, 09:24 AM
mage / necro

circumvent the pet xp penalty, give pets weapons, abuse necros ridiculous amount of utility / cc, abuse overpowered mage pets

victory

Tecmos Deception
01-11-2013, 09:39 AM
OP confuses me. His first thread said "I've played EQ since it launched," but then he has spent the rest of his time on these forums asking incredibly broad questions about what classes to play.

falkun
01-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Stuff

For pure leveling speed, you cannot beat bardx2, except maybe bardx1, but then you lose a massive safety factor.

Silo, I commented on bard/bard, not bard/rogue. Where are you getting this "backstab" skill from? Transitioning to bard/rogue (for your benefit), the rogue killing one mob again and again while the bard does the kiting work is vastly inferior to a single bard (or bardx2 if you have the single target DoTs you think are so worthless) kiting a whole zone and killing it. Granted, it will take those bards longer to kill 100 mobs than it will take the rogue to kill even 30, but there's still 70 extra mobs of EXP that the bards come out on top.

To Silo69, and any others who may not know, AoE leveling is the fastest leveling method in the game. Period. And bards do it better than any other class(es). The closest comparable AoE leveling group to BRDx2 is ENCx2/WIZx2/CLR/puller. But now you're splitting experience 6 ways instead of 2.

Now that the "fastest exp rate" argument has been settled, "most diverse" duo goes to ENC/DRU. Best "melee" duo is MNK/SHM.

Snagglepuss
01-11-2013, 11:28 AM
I agree that you have to define what kind of duo you are looking for. Casual, farming, max level asap, etc.

Shaman and Monk will probably be the most fun for the casual player.

I've seen so many of these threads and everyone seems to want to make a duo that will be able to farm end game content. The truth is that most players will not make it that far or even want to do that. Nothing says you can't level a cool duo to 60 then make a cleric / enc alt team to go and make all high level named mobs your betches.

Splorf22
01-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Hmm. I wonder if Bard/Bard could level in Skyfire, or whether those chromos just make it too dangerous.

Elements
01-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Hello,

I am looking for advice on a duo that can level effectively together.

Thanks in advance!

Level effectively together was the OPs criteria. Not farm extreme endgame duo content.

falkun
01-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Hmm. I wonder if Bard/Bard could level in Skyfire, or whether those chromos just make it too dangerous.
Chromos (DoT and dispell) aren't the problem, that can be outdistanced. Its the large quantity of summoning mobs that makes Skyfire inaccessible to bards. So high level chromadracs are part of the problem, but no more so than any other 51+ mob in Skyfire.
Level effectively together was the OPs criteria. Not farm extreme endgame duo content.
By that argument, bard/bard is the best. But the OP will have to realize you'll be doing endless circles. For something less boring, I'd suggest ENC/DRU.

SamwiseRed
01-11-2013, 12:33 PM
enc/cleric pretty damn powerful if players are good. if players are mediocre then mage/cleric. honestly most duos can work if you play off each others strengths. i know a necro/mage can keep all the specs in feerott clear. basically chain pulling one after the other with very little mana. just undead fear send pet and win.

falkun
01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Your bardfu is weak :)

lazy != weak. Dropping aggro on summoners is much more work than avoiding them in the first place. But, "challenge accepted!"

Bazaar
01-11-2013, 04:46 PM
My vote is for Bard/Cleric. Bard for swarming. Cleric for rezzing.

webrunner5
01-12-2013, 09:44 AM
For pure leveling speed, you cannot beat bardx2, except maybe bardx1, but then you lose a massive safety factor.

Now that the "fastest exp rate" argument has been settled, "most diverse" duo goes to ENC/DRU. Best "melee" duo is MNK/SHM.

What he said.