PDA

View Full Version : Tip For Making New Characters (Keeping Friend List and UI Layout)

myxomatosii
01-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Hey guys, those who already know this (probably most of you) are gonna call me dumb for pointing this out but those of you who don't know hopefully this will help you save some time and energy.

All you gotta do when making a new character to preserve your friend's list and UI layout is this, let's take two characters, called Perfectinterface and Newbieinterface, Perfectinterface has all your friend's list and perfect window layout, chat etc, Newbieinterface has the crappy default UI full of chaos.

All you do is go into your EQ directory, usually C > Program Files > Sony > Everquest

And in that folder you delete the following two files (these files will only exist if the character has been created already)

Newbieinterface_project1999.ini
UI_Newbieinterface_project1999.ini

Then, simply copy the files

Perfectinterface_project1999.ini
UI_Perfectinterface_project1999.ini

and rename the copies to

Newbieinterface_project1999.ini
UI_Newbieinterface_project1999.ini

And voila, you are finished, now when you login to Newbieinterface again, he will have Perfectinterface's layout!

If there is an easier way to do this please post in the comments, I never claimed to be the sharpest spoon in the shed.

Handull
01-11-2013, 01:17 AM
Good post. I only recently figured this out for myself when I had to install EQ on a new machine and struggled to get my exact UI copied over the way I wanted it.

Quick tip if you are changing computers, if the game loads in a different resolution, your UI settings (locations of bags/windows) won't load. Not sure if there is an easy fix other than forcing the game to run in the same resolution you had before.