PDA

View Full Version : The Warrens and Stonebrunt

GeekDaddy
01-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Any plans to ever open these two zones? I used to love The Warrens.

Furme
01-11-2013, 12:03 AM
http://wiki.project1999.org/Timeline

Answer: Post velious but not until then.

GeekDaddy
01-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Ah, thanks. No idea when those things are going to happen though, huh?

Swish
01-11-2013, 10:29 AM
No idea at all, the "timeline" as it stands is well out of sync...we've been on Kunark longer than we should have, but I'd argue a lot of people still haven't "finished" with the expansion yet so there's no rush for Velious.

I must be one of the few people to say it, so I'll say it twice.... no rush for Velious :)

falkun
01-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Swish, I'm a firm proponent of consuming content as fast as its released instead of powering through everything as fast as possible. You aren't the only one. Also, while the timeline might be extended, I don't think its "out of sync". Things are still happening in line with Live, but instead of having a 2 year time horizin, we'll have something closer to 6 (2 years for Classic, 2 years for Kunark, and 2 for Velious). That's a good thing for the majority of people who can't play hardcore like they could back in '99-'01.

Furme, thanks for the timeline wiki page, I didn't even know that existed! I expect Velious beta in Spring '13 personally, but I do not have any hard facts to back that up. Since Warrens/Stonebrunt are after Velious release, I'd expect them sometime either late 2013 or early 2014 (again, no hard evidence to back this up).

Briscoe
01-11-2013, 11:00 AM
No idea at all, the "timeline" as it stands is well out of sync...we've been on Kunark longer than we should have, but I'd argue a lot of people still haven't "finished" with the expansion yet so there's no rush for Velious.

I must be one of the few people to say it, so I'll say it twice.... no rush for Velious :)

I actually agree with this. There are still plenty of new people coming to the server, as well as plenty of guilds who are being challenged by and progressing through Classic and Kunark raid content. It will be better to be methodical with the Velious release to make sure it's as close to perfect as can be, as opposed to rushing it out full of issues.

Snagglepuss
01-11-2013, 11:02 AM
The big tadpole, the kobold royals, panda kodiaks and the catman fort ftw. I always thought those two zones were pretty cool.

Bamzal Sherbet
01-11-2013, 02:10 PM
pretty sure these zones will never make it into p199 as they are outside the classic cutoff point of Velious

falkun
01-11-2013, 02:29 PM
I was under the impression the cut-off point was pre-Luclin. I fully expect Hate & Fear 2.0 on this server, as well as the CT revamp and probably Stonebrunt and Warrens. Do you have any evidence about your claim that nothing after the initial Velious launch will be implemented?

koros
01-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Both were pre-luclin brews.

pharmakos
01-11-2013, 09:50 PM
i hope these zones make it in. they had great loot for the level range, allowed newer players to keep up with twinks. they'd be good for this server imo, if they came out at the same point they did on the live timeline... the loot would be too good for kunark era though.

Spoonerism
01-12-2013, 12:27 PM
I didn't realize the Warrens weren't already in the game.

Honestly I LOVED these two areas. I have been asking everyone in game about the giant pandas and if that zone was open..which obviously it isn't.

Oh how I long to go strike down giant pandas once more...

But that would be awesome if they were introduced...but I have no idea how much work it takes to patch things (like velious) and what not...but yeah this is my +1 for these zones.

Somekid123
01-12-2013, 12:34 PM
CT Re-vamp is after Velious, wont see it here.. FT3 boots for everyone? Ya right.

Snagglepuss
01-12-2013, 01:16 PM
I didn't realize the Warrens weren't already in the game.

Honestly I LOVED these two areas. I have been asking everyone in game about the giant pandas and if that zone was open..which obviously it isn't.

Oh how I long to go strike down giant pandas once more...

But that would be awesome if they were introduced...but I have no idea how much work it takes to patch things (like velious) and what not...but yeah this is my +1 for these zones.

Lol I loved the giant pandas too. There was this huge Catman fort too. I thought it was hilarious that there were Kobolds and Kerran in the same zone.

Spoonerism
01-12-2013, 02:06 PM
CT Re-vamp is after Velious, wont see it here.. FT3 boots for everyone? Ya right.

Not sure how it works...but is there a way to item lock to not include specific items from a specific expansion on the server?

I guess I am just stretching it trying to find a way to make it work, but one can hope! lol

Striiker
01-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Not sure how it works...but is there a way to item lock to not include specific items from a specific expansion on the server?

I guess I am just stretching it trying to find a way to make it work, but one can hope! lol

The itemization etc is all done by hand so items can be excluded easily enough. The expansion just has the zone files etc. The backend has all of the data on mobs, items, quests, etc.