PDA

View Full Version : Error 1018 - Active character

Toxicus
01-11-2013, 12:46 PM
I can't seem to log in. It is saying i have an active character and i need to wait for it to synchronize. I haven't loaded in at all today exept for now. My wife is playing just fine on her PC, but its giving me issues on mine.

I have even reinstalled Titanium. Deleted the folder with EQEmu in it and redownloaded/patched it. And it's still doing it.

Can someone PLEASE fix this or help me fix it. Or walk me through something that fixes it, or ANYTHING honestly! I need my fix! LOL

Bamzal Sherbet
01-11-2013, 01:14 PM
sonuds like you and your wife are sharing the same external IP (IE: using the same internet connection).

This server only allows 1 connection at a time (per IP) to prevent multi-boxing.

In order to play the same time as your wife from same IP, you will need to petition on forums for an IP Exemption

Toxicus
01-11-2013, 01:19 PM
I have already received an IP Exemption. Went through that before the wife even started her first character.

Toxicus
01-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Also, some more information. My wife attempted to log into my account on her computer and it still told her Error 1018. She then canceled, backed up, and input her own information and it allowed her to connect to her account. So it is strictly my account that is having the issue.

Toxicus
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
EDIT: 1/12/2013 - Fixed itself yesterday, but today the issue has resurfaced:)

Bamzal Sherbet
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
This is my theory but I have no way to confirm... Maybe both accounts need to be exempted, but the exemption was only applied to one?

Toxicus
01-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Having the problem again this morning. I camped out normally again last night.

My wife wasn't logged in at all this morning. But i am having her log in now, so she can petition a GM to see if anyone can assist in fixing this.

I can connect to Red server. I can connect to other servers on the list also. Just can't connect to the server with all my characters! LOL

Toxicus
01-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Maybe both accounts need to be exempted, but the exemption was only applied to one?

Can any GM's check on this? If you need the acct names I can always post in the petition section again since only Admins have the right to view those threads.

Urbanzkopf
01-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Hey toxicus great to see you are sticking at it and now the wife is playing! Question, have you ever logged in together at the same time? If no bump your IP exemption thread explaining that the exemption isn't working or if it has been moved to reaolved then create a new petition under IP exemption explaining again.

Had a similar issue with my dads account, he doesn't play often but he wanted to farm guk so he put in a petition and it passed but we still couldn't log in so we recreated the thread and then Ephi sorted it for us.

Hope it works out soon and hope I see you ingame soon!

Toxicus
01-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Hey Urban! Good to see ya bro :)

Yes both me and the wife have played together. Yesterday we were at Orc 1 for a while. She could randomly log in or out, when i was playing my Druid or my Shaman.

At the moment, i created a 2nd Loginserver account, and am playing on that at the moment. But really want access back on my main account.

My wife can also still play while i am on my 2nd LS acct. (I lied, just tried logging into her acct and it says the IP Is blocked)

Bamzal Sherbet
01-12-2013, 03:59 PM
well duhh thats because u created a new loginserver ID, and the one that is not being used anymore IS the exempted one. derp.

Urbanzkopf
01-12-2013, 04:04 PM
quite strange, i'm ruling out the ip exemp being the problem purely due to the message. I think if you don't have an IP exempt it says your IP is temporarily blocked.

Toxicus
01-12-2013, 05:49 PM
No, the other loginserver account was strictly so i could play while my main loginserver account was having Error 1018. It's not to replace the 1st account. It says on the loginserver ID page that you can have up to 3.

Elissa
01-13-2013, 03:46 PM
My roommate who made an account last night is having this problem now... hasn't been logged in for 8-9 hours but did /exit to quit the game. I can log into my account just fine, but not his from my computer. We aren't trying to log in at the same time today but were able to last night without an issue.

enr4ged
01-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Some accounts are SUPER buggy for some reason. They will get 1018 errors constantly for days at a time even though there is no character logged in. Unfortunately there is no solution for this problem. P1999 says it's the login server fault, the login server says it's P1999 fault. And we are stuck in the middle dealing with the issue. I know several people who have given up playing due to this bug. We're not going to get anywhere unless someone from P1999 coordinates with eqemulator to work on fixing this issue.

Uaellaen
01-14-2013, 03:24 AM
Some accounts are SUPER buggy for some reason. They will get 1018 errors constantly for days at a time even though there is no character logged in. Unfortunately there is no solution for this problem. P1999 says it's the login server fault, the login server says it's P1999 fault. And we are stuck in the middle dealing with the issue. I know several people who have given up playing due to this bug. We're not going to get anywhere unless someone from P1999 coordinates with eqemulator to work on fixing this issue.

you realise rogean hosts both, P99 and the login server right?

Elissa
01-14-2013, 08:00 PM

Yeah... it's unfortunate. It's happening again to my roommate's account after curing itself after 6 hours yesterday. This time he properly camped out too.

enr4ged
01-14-2013, 10:21 PM
you realise rogean hosts both, P99 and the login server right?

If this was the case, why would the mods say it's the login servers fault and they can't do anything?

Droog007
01-15-2013, 01:46 PM
My brother experienced this a couple days ago. The next evening he logged in just fine. He's already kinda "on the fence" with this game, since he didn't play near as much as the rest of our crew did back in the day. I'm afraid that if this becomes a recurring thing he'll likely just quit... too bad there's no solution to this.

Ephi
01-15-2013, 03:27 PM
We have no power to fix this currently as CSR reps. I've tried multiple things in-game to see if I could boot people off who are experiencing the problem, but nothing has been successful.

So please don't petition for it ;)

kadsion
01-15-2013, 03:43 PM
my toon has been stuck ingame for over 24 hours now, there should be someone who can take ownership of this issue and get it resolved yes?

Resheph
01-15-2013, 03:53 PM
This is my theory but I have no way to confirm... Maybe both accounts need to be exempted, but the exemption was only applied to one?

This sounds like it's the issue. If you log in first, then your wife, if Bazmal is correct it should work I would think.

enr4ged
01-15-2013, 06:24 PM
We have no power to fix this currently as CSR reps. I've tried multiple things in-game to see if I could boot people off who are experiencing the problem, but nothing has been successful.

I think we all realize that you GMs can do nothing about it yourselves. We're just looking for one of you to get a hold of someone who can fix the issue at its source.

enr4ged
01-15-2013, 06:25 PM
This sounds like it's the issue. If you log in first, then your wife, if Bazmal is correct it should work I would think.

I don't think that's the problem because my friend was having this same thing and was playing by himself with no other people or ip exemptions. I even tried to login on his account and it gave me the error, halfway around the country.

Elissa
01-16-2013, 12:02 AM
Been locked out for over 6 hours now, no other accounts have been logged on. This sucks.

ramul
01-16-2013, 09:50 AM
If it's any consolation, this happened to one of my accounts that I made to level and alt on. It was doing this for 24 hours, and it seemed to only be that account. I re-made the same character on a different account and haven't been on the non-working one since. The only fix so far is to stop using the account, seeing as EQEmu and P99 staff don't know a fix to this bug.

Yapas
01-16-2013, 10:03 AM

Following Ephin's message, I got this issue that concern only & always 1 account (I have 3) and asked couple time GM to help me. I confirm that they cannot do nothing actually even their kindness :)

Imo I think a server reboot will resolve this issue but ofc I am not sure :)

Be patient they will find a solution asap !

Swish
01-16-2013, 12:07 PM
I came across someone last night having the same problem, stuck on a Lvl 1 alt bored to tears waiting for something magical to happen so they could go back to their main account.

Has anyone tried creating a static IP address? (you can tinker with your router settings by going to 192.168.1.1)...its a total shot in the dark however :p

Bamzal Sherbet
01-16-2013, 01:23 PM
from what I gather, some accounts get locked-into the game indefintetly. And it has nothing to do with multiple accounts, IP exemptions, etc. It seems like the server decides to NOT unload your character/release it from game.

I knwo that error message happens when you get DC or try to switch accounts too fast, and you gotta try in like 5 minutes.

I have never experienced this issue on any of my accounts for longer than 5 minutes. I use LServer accounts that were created in 2003 and also some created a month ago. So that doesn't have an affect.

@swish: assigning static IP addresses instead of DHCP addresses from your router will have no affect on this issue

Clark
01-16-2013, 06:07 PM
from what I gather, some accounts get locked-into the game indefintetly. And it has nothing to do with multiple accounts, IP exemptions, etc. It seems like the server decides to NOT unload your character/release it from game.

I knwo that error message happens when you get DC or try to switch accounts too fast, and you gotta try in like 5 minutes.

I have never experienced this issue on any of my accounts for longer than 5 minutes. I use LServer accounts that were created in 2003 and also some created a month ago. So that doesn't have an affect.

@swish: assigning static IP addresses instead of DHCP addresses from your router will have no affect on this issue

same here nothing over 5-6minutes

Bamzal Sherbet
01-16-2013, 11:30 PM
I wonder if this issue is related to the auto-disconnect that was disabled (when you used to get kicked off character select screen for AFKing too long) - and by related I mean maybe disabling the auto-disconnect is now locking characters indefinitly.

Toxicus
01-17-2013, 01:40 PM
The issue rears its ugly head off and on. I am currently having the issue again.

I /camp to log off every night.
I don't DC, or LD ever.
Me and my wife have played together multiple times without the issue ever showing up. The issue only occurred once while we were playing together.

I would hope, since this issue occurs often for multiple people, that someone would continue to look for a solution to this.

Lyra
01-17-2013, 02:04 PM
I wonder if this issue is related to the auto-disconnect that was disabled (when you used to get kicked off character select screen for AFKing too long) - and by related I mean maybe disabling the auto-disconnect is now locking characters indefinitly.

Interesting. I've only been playing on this server less than a week. The first time I had the 1018 error, was after falling asleep with my character in game. I was surprised to wake up and have her still active in the game. At that time, I logged the character out, and then out of the game completely. When I attempted to log in 7 hours later I received the 1018. It did clear after 45 minutes.

This was a common problem in LIVE at some point. I don't remember what year though.

I'm having another more serious issue with this character, and will start a new thread when I get home asking for your help. (Apparently, my work IP is a spammer and I am not allowed to start a new thread)

Fuddwin
01-22-2013, 12:40 AM
After reading through several posts about this ongoing issue because I've just begun to have this happen to me, I've come to the conclusion that not enough of us are having trouble with this issue for it to worry the right people. Hopefully, the issue will resolve itself because I really want to keep playing but the thought of no one actually trying to resolve the issue infuriates more than the issue itself. I fear I won't be playing this way because of its tedious nature and I really don't want to start from scratch again. I know these guys don't make any money off of this but dare I say if someone in a certain guild had this problem, it would be looked at a little closer. Is there not a way someone with the proper power can recreate a toon? Anyway, thanks for your time.. /cheers!

Notserp

Lyra
01-22-2013, 01:17 AM
I keep a fresh clean copy of the game in a file I don't use to play. I did this, because it was faster than re-installing the "discs".

When I was having similar issues, "re-installing" the game fixed it.

By re-installing, I copied the clean file to another new folder and then redirected my EQEmuLauncher to the new folder. I leave the clean file alone in case I have to do it again. I've only had to do this twice, and now have not had any issue with my characters or the error.

When I did the re-install, I lost my UI which is kind of a pain to recreate over and over. I have since copied my working UI to another spot on my pc so I can easily pop it in if I need a re-install again.

Remember - only your UI is on your computer. Your character and all your stuff is server side.

The UI data is called:

yourcharacternamehere_project1999.ini
UI_yourcharacternamehere_project1999.ini

(easily found by searching your character name)

I am not certain what is happening, but since a re-install fixed it, I have to imagine a file is becoming corrupt at some point.

I can't guarantee this will help you, but it solved my problem and I have been playing!

gotrocks
01-22-2013, 02:18 AM
^^^ putting this in the FAQ for error 1018. seems to be at the very least a hotfix for this issue. Will give you credit for it though, lyra :)

After reading through several posts about this ongoing issue because I've just begun to have this happen to me, I've come to the conclusion that not enough of us are having trouble with this issue for it to worry the right people. Hopefully, the issue will resolve itself because I really want to keep playing but the thought of no one actually trying to resolve the issue infuriates more than the issue itself. I fear I won't be playing this way because of its tedious nature and I really don't want to start from scratch again. I know these guys don't make any money off of this but dare I say if someone in a certain guild had this problem, it would be looked at a little closer. Is there not a way someone with the proper power can recreate a toon? Anyway, thanks for your time.. /cheers!

If i remember correctly, i think i saw a post from a dev or gm saying there was nothing they could do about these error 1018's. Something about the character *not* being in game despite what the error claimed, suggesting it was (possibly) a client side issue, not server-side. Lyra's fix seems to suggest this is true.

I know it may be hard to believe, but in general, even if only a few people are having a game breaking issue like this, the devs will most definitely check it out. The dev/gm team is actually really, really good about doing everything they can to make sure *every* *last* *person* can enjoy the server. It's really cool.

That being said, please try Lyra's fix listed above my post, and let me know if this solves the problem. I am very interested to know if this fixes it or not!

Fuddwin
01-22-2013, 02:41 AM
I totally agree with what you're saying Got. I know they do all they can, it's just frustrating. I cut my rant short and said what I wanted to say. I'm not pointing fingers. I will definitely try what Lyra suggested. Will let you know.

Notserp

enr4ged
01-22-2013, 05:26 PM
^^^ putting this in the FAQ for error 1018. seems to be at the very least a hotfix for this issue. Will give you credit for it though, lyra :)

If i remember correctly, i think i saw a post from a dev or gm saying there was nothing they could do about these error 1018's. Something about the character *not* being in game despite what the error claimed, suggesting it was (possibly) a client side issue, not server-side. Lyra's fix seems to suggest this is true.

I know it may be hard to believe, but in general, even if only a few people are having a game breaking issue like this, the devs will most definitely check it out. The dev/gm team is actually really, really good about doing everything they can to make sure *every* *last* *person* can enjoy the server. It's really cool.

That being said, please try Lyra's fix listed above my post, and let me know if this solves the problem. I am very interested to know if this fixes it or not!

There's two ways this 1018 error works.
1. the normal way which some people experience after they crash, disconnect etc.
2. the way that makes people quit because it happens randomly, for hours, days at a time and often

And I'm sorry to say no devs have looked into this or even replied to the issue. I have been trying to get my friend to play since last November when he had this issue. I have not seen any help on this issue since then.

Also, reinstalling the dame does not fix the second "version" of the 1018. I would like someone to try and create a new account to see if that works because I am pretty sure it is related to the account.

Lyra
01-22-2013, 08:47 PM
WHO HAS BEEN PLAYING MY CHARACTER?!?!?! That's what I want to know. Damn hackers. I've been at work all day and it says my character is active in the game. Well I hope they leveled her.

You have to laugh...you just have to.

Nothing...I repeat NOTHING is free. You will pay one way or another.

Fuddwin
01-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Definitely pay. I've just finished the total reinstall thing to have no new results. Still 1018. A friend tried logging in on his PC in a different city and still nothing. If my toon wouldn't be lvl 48 almost 49, I'd reroll. I've asked for a xfer to a fresh account so I'll see what that gets me. Will keep you posted.

Notserp

Edit for enr4ged*

It is definitely account specific because I'm able to login to my friends account from the same PC. It's server side, account specific.

Lyra
01-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Yup, I just reinstalled, rebooted, reset modem and router.

I'll play "forums" tonight instead.

Off to look for trouble....

Lyra
01-22-2013, 11:18 PM
Logged in just now.

It's a conspiracy .... they know if they let me play too often...I will take over the world... Pinky and I.

enr4ged
01-23-2013, 01:01 AM
If I were you I'd remake a new account before you invest too much time into that one. This problem could annoy you forever. =\

Lyra
01-23-2013, 01:34 AM
If I were you I'd remake a new account before you invest too much time into that one. This problem could annoy you forever. =\

After the first time it happened, the third day of playing, I decided this would not be something to put too much effort into. I received an answer to my petition indicating they couldn't do anything. OK then! Can't really complain, I'm not paying them anything. I'm having fun, and will continue to play until the game won't allow me or I stop having fun.

Even if I did start a new account, there is no guarantee I will hit 60 and not have this same issue.

enr4ged
01-23-2013, 01:38 AM
After the first time it happened, the third day of playing, I decided this would not be something to put too much effort into. I received an answer to my petition indicating they couldn't do anything. OK then! Can't really complain, I'm not paying them anything. I'm having fun, and will continue to play until the game won't allow me or I stop having fun.

Even if I did start a new account, there is no guarantee I will hit 60 and not have this same issue.

Just saying from my experience in researching this issue it affects certain accounts and you usually experience it very quickly after creating the account and playing. So, if you were to create a new account and not experience the issue then that account should be fine.

Fuddwin
01-23-2013, 02:04 AM
Just saying from my experience in researching this issue it affects certain accounts and you usually experience it very quickly after creating the account and playing. So, if you were to create a new account and not experience the issue then that account should be fine.

My account was made back in September I think... Lvl 48 druid... Lotsa time played sitting around EC tunnels porting and such... I'm with Lyra.. Why make another account when there's no way to know if you'll beable to play the next time you wanna log in...

enr4ged
01-23-2013, 02:46 AM
My account was made back in September I think... Lvl 48 druid... Lotsa time played sitting around EC tunnels porting and such... I'm with Lyra.. Why make another account when there's no way to know if you'll beable to play the next time you wanna log in...

In your case yeah I could see why you wouldn't want to remake, but my notice is just for new people that create an account and experience this issue.

Lyra
01-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Well you've convinced me to start over. If you have an enchanter with C2, you can be my best friend.

I've leveled 3 priest class casters now to 10 in the last week. In case anyone forgot, priest casters don't get meditate until 8.

enr4ged
01-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Yeah my first character was a shaman so I know how those last couple levels are without meditate. If you want someone to help you transfer stuff I can. No enchanter though.

Lyra
01-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Yeah my first character was a shaman so I know how those last couple levels are without meditate. If you want someone to help you transfer stuff I can. No enchanter though.

Thanks for the offer. I have quite a few friends playing right now, so the transfer wasn't an issue.

I made the new account and started over. I did have the error 1018 issue with the old account both times I logged in to transfer stuff. It did clear after a period of time and I was able to retrieve all valuables.

I don't know if the wonderful enchanter I met last night read this, but my wishes were granted. It was breeze, but at level 1 - 4 was fine.

Information about my old account: It was a different user name than my board registration name but it had an underscore in the name. Just putting that out there for fact collecting.

enr4ged
01-24-2013, 08:23 PM
I know the underscore is not the cause of the problem as my friends account had no unusual symbols; it was just letters.

Fuddwin
01-25-2013, 02:05 AM
Update: after sending a second petition asking about a character xfer, I got help from Sirken. He says the server "was attacked" a few times over the last month which causes lag. He says due to this lag, I had my problem. U guess the lag hit hard as I camped off and got me stuck. I logged in with success tonight and played for a bit. So it looks like something can be done after Ephi told me nothing could be done. Friend me in game Lyra and send me a tell. Ill help you get some lvls. Same for you Enraged. Tell your friend to try again, maybe it's fixed. Laters!

Notserp (49 Druid)

enr4ged
01-25-2013, 03:12 AM
Update: after sending a second petition asking about a character xfer, I got help from Sirken. He says the server "was attacked" a few times over the last month which causes lag. He says due to this lag, I had my problem. U guess the lag hit hard as I camped off and got me stuck. I logged in with success tonight and played for a bit. So it looks like something can be done after Ephi told me nothing could be done. Friend me in game Lyra and send me a tell. Ill help you get some lvls. Same for you Enraged. Tell your friend to try again, maybe it's fixed. Laters!

Notserp (49 Druid)

Good to see you're working again. My friend had this problem back in November, he's since then quit trying to get on. I recently talked him into making a new account to see if that works. Hopefully he'll do that tomorrow and we can see if it does.

Lyra has the new account been error free? Please say yes. I really hope to have some kind of solution for people.

Lyra
01-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Friend me in game Lyra and send me a tell.
Notserp (49 Druid)

Will do Fuddwin. Thanks for the offer. I'm level 6. I'll be fine once I'm level 8 with meditate.

Lyra has the new account been error free? Please say yes. I really hope to have some kind of solution for people.

YES! So far so good. Hope I just didn't jinx myself.

Ephi
01-25-2013, 11:13 AM

Notserp (49 Druid)

This is not completely accurate. I don't think Sirken did anything to actually remove you from the game. Enough time had passed between your original petition and his response that your account unlocked.

There is still nothing we can do about it from a CSR standpoint. Sorry, guys!

Fuddwin
01-25-2013, 12:12 PM
I don't think it was just a coincidence that Sirken told me I was gtg and then I was able to log in, meaning I don't think the time elapsed had anything to do with it. But I definitely don't know as much as you do about all if this computer stuff for sure, and I'm not saying that to be a dick, it's true. I just don't believe in coincidences.

A1551
01-26-2013, 12:47 AM
been playing here almost a year give or take -- never had this problem till tonight on a new account (alt I've played up to level 28) -- been locked out about 3 hours now. My other accounts work fine. Definitely painful, maybe this is EQ's way of telling me to GTFO of my house on a Friday night :D

Hoping this is just a transient issue related to server lag/ high population or whatever -- I'll come back and post my continued experiences with this issue for the sake of others experiencing it. I gotta say reading the rest of your accounts sure bums me out!

Toxicus
01-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Ok so i reinstalled and it fixed the issue too... I did as Lyra suggested and made a backup folder for the fresh install since it is much easier to just copy everything from one folder to another. I also copied all of my .ini files.

If this is what it takes to circumvent this little issue, i dont care. But i would hope this would give some insight to the GM's for what could be causing the issue and how to stop it from occurring.

Lyra
01-27-2013, 07:09 AM
Zero issues on the new account. Druid is lvl 13.

Charball
01-27-2013, 11:45 AM
I've been playing on the server for a while as while and have never had any issues. My friend on the other hand has been able to play for a few hours his first night and has been unable to log in since. This is a major bummer. Last night I logged into his account from my computer and I was able to circumvent error 1018. After this he was able to log in but it was too late so we didn't really play. A little while later 1018 reared it's ugly head again. Since then my friend nor I have been able to log into the account from either of our PCs. What's going on with this? It seems a little ridiculous that hundreds of accounts can work fine but a select few are condemned to this bullshit. All the stuff posted here hasn't helped us. He wouldn't mind making a new account but I twinked the shit out of his character and we need the gear back.

unclehippo
01-27-2013, 11:53 AM
unfortunately, i was told by GM that 1018 is like a lottery winner, sometimes u get pick at random, most of the time you dun.

Lyra
01-27-2013, 12:11 PM
unfortunately, i was told by GM that 1018 is like a lottery winner, sometimes u get pick at random, most of the time you dun.

Have you ever call a help desk? I will say this in the kindest way possible... They don't always have the answers.

He wouldn't mind making a new account but I twinked the shit out of his character and we need the gear back.

You will manage to get logged into the account to get the gear off.

I certainly, absolutely, understand your frustration and even anger. It's very important to keep in mind, when you are enjoying the game it is in thanks to someone using their free time to offer you this opportunity.

Toxicus
02-02-2013, 02:03 PM
The problem popped up again today. I copied my back up folder over everything in my install folder, then copied all of my .ini files over. Restarted the launcher and logged right in without issue.

Toxicus
02-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Issue again today, copied everything from the backup folder, but it didn't work this time for some reason :(

TO ANY CSR/GM - Is there anyway i can have my characters transferred to my other LS account? Since i haven't had the issue on that account.

Jokesteve
02-15-2013, 12:23 AM
This is not completely accurate. I don't think Sirken did anything to actually remove you from the game. Enough time had passed between your original petition and his response that your account unlocked.

There is still nothing we can do about it from a CSR standpoint. Sorry, guys!

Is this really the case? It sounds like the CSR team just refuses to transfer chars to other accounts. In which would fix the problem yes?

02-15-2013, 12:37 AM
Is this really the case? It sounds like the CSR team just refuses to transfer chars to other accounts. In which would fix the problem yes?

I wouldn't say it "fixes the problem."

More like a band-aid that continues to halt new players with the same problem from playing the server.

How many people are unable to play an account because of this bug? I believe it is holding the population back

Lyra
02-15-2013, 08:08 AM

I don't even know if this is an option for them.

Our "account" is tied to EQ EMU also.

In fact, I think P99 blames EQ EMU and vice-versa. (In my experience, very common among the IT peoples p~)

gotrocks
02-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Issue again today, copied everything from the backup folder, but it didn't work this time for some reason :(

TO ANY CSR/GM - Is there anyway i can have my characters transferred to my other LS account? Since i haven't had the issue on that account.

I dont think they can do this, but I don't know.

I know its frustrating to dedicate a bunch of time to a character only to find out you can't play them anymore. I'd highly recommend transferring the gear (you can find trustworthy escrow services in the EC tunnel to help with xfer) onto a new character on a brand new account. Shitty, i know, but worth it to be able to keep playing.

Jokesteve
02-15-2013, 09:24 AM
I wouldn't say it "fixes the problem."

More like a band-aid that continues to halt new players with the same problem from playing the server.

How many people are unable to play an account because of this bug? I believe it is holding the population back

I have one account that has constant issues, and about 10 others that do not. If transferring to a new account fixes the problem I think it should be available in such situations.

gotrocks
02-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Again, like i said, I dont even know if they can.

The problem (as i understand it) is P99 is not like Sony Online Entertainment (ie, the account and characters and server are not all one entity). Like lyra said, gm's say its EqEmu's deal, while eqemu says its gm's deal.

I'm not sure if character transfers are ever going to happen. I can't even remember if they happened on live ( they may have, i just dont remember)

Jokesteve
02-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Again, like i said, I dont even know if they can.

The problem (as i understand it) is P99 is not like Sony Online Entertainment (ie, the account and characters and server are not all one entity). Like lyra said, gm's say its EqEmu's deal, while eqemu says its gm's deal.

I'm not sure if character transfers are ever going to happen. I can't even remember if they happened on live ( they may have, i just dont remember)

Theres been a post thats been quoted from before, its old, but at one time you could petition for character transfers.

I can see why its not done now...due to account trading already being a problem, but with an issue like this it seems like a viable solution for players with the issue.

Jokesteve
02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Link for reference:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1652&highlight=character+transfer

Put a petition in, give char names, account names, and when you'll be online so a GM can contact you to verify authenticity of the transfer.

Lyra
02-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Link for reference:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1652&highlight=character+transfer

Interesting! Thanks!

gotrocks
02-15-2013, 12:46 PM
nice!

I'd definitely try putting up a petition in the petition forum, then, explaining the issue and following rogeans instructions to see if they can make this happen.

might be good news for all the 1018's out there, thanks for the heads up

Jimsox
02-15-2013, 01:09 PM
I haven't been playing on P99 for very long but I have noticed:

-Seems to be no regular offline server maintenance.
-Currently no afk timed kicks to character select > kicks to server select.
-Are backups created of character profiles regularly?

I don't claim to know how to troubleshoot something like a 1018 error, but I'd bet that the experts would really like to have this problem fixed. Chances are its a combination of issues.

ymw
02-17-2013, 02:34 AM
Timeline:
~5:15 PM MST: Left to go with the wife to a movie, camped (may have alt+f4'd, I forget).
~10:30PM MST: Got home, ready to slay gnolls, disregard bitches, and attain money. Received 1018.
~10:30-11:30 PM MST: Researched and tried the variety of fixes - restarting routers, modems, computers, installations, etc. No luck.
11:30 PM MST: Successfully logged in by using EQEmu Launcher and running all the way to character select, then back out to return to WinEQ2.

The entire thing may have been coincidental, but I had patched and run through several times, logged into Red, and was basically ready to kick my dog and go strangle my child. When using the different patcher and a standard launcher login, I got straight in. Something to try. Information above included for any data collection going on, if such exists.

Bardoo
02-18-2013, 01:09 AM
just tried to log in after having camped out over 12 hours ago and received this 1018 error message. This is something that should be an absolute priority to fix and its ridiculous that I would have to even consider making a new character over this well known bug issue.

AK-Rapture
03-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Same problem here, tried all of the solutions suggested including a clean install with and without INI copies. Router, modem, computer reboots. If this problem is on the client side I don't see how.

Any new suggestions on workarounds for this?

arosian
04-08-2013, 04:39 PM
This happens to me quite frequently on one of my accounts. I log out the normal way by camping, so I'm not /exit or /q or LD. Sometimes I can login fine, other days I'll get this error for the entire day (only on one of my three accounts).

I'm the only person playing from my IP. Also, I've only experienced this error on P99.

It's quite obvious that there is little interest in investigating this issue from either the EQEmu team or the P99 team. That said, I'll probably just stop playing here because I really don't feel like starting over after investing the time.

Gadwen
04-08-2013, 07:34 PM
This has nothing to do with two people playing from the same IP. You will get a message about a temporary IP block if you try to log in without an exemption, not an error 1080.

arosian
04-15-2013, 05:29 PM
I have two accounts that randomly experience this problem and cannot be accessed by anyone when it occurs.

AK-Rapture
04-21-2013, 01:20 PM
For me the agonizing 1018 seems to happen most often when I camp out while grouped.

Try to /disband any group associations prior to logging and see if that lowers (not eliminate) the instances of 1018s. It has for me.

Unfadable
04-22-2013, 09:07 PM
My account got hit with this pos bug. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary and i camped out like normal. Anyone know how long it usually takes for this to resolve?

arosian
04-24-2013, 05:28 PM
For me the agonizing 1018 seems to happen most often when I camp out while grouped.

Try to /disband any group associations prior to logging and see if that lowers (not eliminate) the instances of 1018s. It has for me.

That's just a coincidental fix. See my post here detailing Error 1018: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=105606

arosian
04-24-2013, 05:28 PM
My account got hit with this pos bug. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary and i camped out like normal. Anyone know how long it usually takes for this to resolve?

It's random. I've been locked out for days or sometimes just hours. Anyway, the developers don't seem to have an interest in fixing it even though I've provided mountains of information.

Mullinstron
01-08-2020, 08:59 AM
So I figured this bug out or at least how to repro it. Not sure if any other conditions are causing it.

1. Log in your account on box 1
2. Exit the game but do not exit out of the client
3. Log onto box 2
4. attempt to load the same account on the same server

Result: The active character message appears

Maybe the server still has a token for you being active until your client closes?

mischief419
01-08-2020, 01:18 PM
How did you convince your wife to play, is the more important question?? ;D living the dream, bud.