PDA

View Full Version : Can I box MQ2 on live while playing p99?

patriot1776
01-13-2013, 11:10 PM
MQ2 wouldn't hook into the titanium client, as there's a version check enabled by default.

Doors
01-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Boxing is encouraged here on p99.

OforOppression
01-13-2013, 11:28 PM
Would like this question answered asap pls

Reiker000
01-13-2013, 11:35 PM
you know the answer to this.

OforOppression
01-13-2013, 11:36 PM
you know the answer to this.

Yes?

I mean, it's not like the .dll that detects mq2 hooks into your system and reads every process running and is super invasive or anything

Ephi
01-13-2013, 11:37 PM
I would highly discourage it. Only because there's a chance your Project 1999 account could become flagged for MQ2 usage. If that happens, you get banned.

Sirken
01-14-2013, 02:17 AM
if you have MQ2 and p99 running at the same time you will be flagged, simple as that.

Rogean could probably investigate to see if it was used on p99 or on another server, but you would be banned until he had the time to check into that.

Reiker000
01-14-2013, 02:47 AM
Which means that the antihack scans your computer for all active processes which of course is a breach of privacy. A live MQ2 compile will not effect EQ Titanium in any way.

Rogean
01-14-2013, 03:05 AM
Which means that the antihack scans your computer for all active processes which of course is a breach of privacy. A live MQ2 compile will not effect EQ Titanium in any way.

Wrong. Stop posting about things you don't understand (Which is surprising since you've actually used it before!).

MQ2 Will hook into EVERY EQ process it finds, regardless of version. It then determines if the version of the client matches the one it was compiled for. If it does, it continues loading hooks and plugins. If it doesn't, it sits dormant in an infinite loop. It still interacts with the process, and it still flags your account. We do, however, have ways of determining if it was in the active or inactive state.

Nordenwatch
01-14-2013, 03:17 AM
Wrong. Stop posting about things you don't understand (Which is surprising since you've actually used it before!).

MQ2 Will hook into EVERY EQ process it finds, regardless of version. It then determines if the version of the client matches the one it was compiled for. If it does, it continues loading hooks and plugins. If it doesn't, it sits dormant in an infinite loop. It still interacts with the process, and it still flags your account. We do, however, have ways of determining if it was in the active or inactive state.

EXPOSED

TWDL_Prexus
01-14-2013, 04:11 AM

Rogean again enters with a swift smash of a trolls tin foil hat.

Sebekkha
01-14-2013, 07:04 AM
So Rogean, If one is using MQ2 on another EQEMU server where it is allowed, would it still be flagged on ones P99 account even though it has never been used on p99?

Thanks

Rumzuck
01-14-2013, 10:16 AM
So Rogean, If one is using MQ2 on another EQEMU server where it is allowed, would it still be flagged on ones P99 account even though it has never been used on p99?

Thanks

he just explained it, didnt he?

Ephi
01-14-2013, 10:22 AM

Thanks

Only if MQ2 was loaded when you logged into the P99 server. Make sure you close it down before switching.

gotrocks
01-14-2013, 11:13 AM

Thanks

as rogean just said, if MQ, MQ2, or essentially any program that hooks into eq's .dll's is running while you are playing on p99, you will be flagged. make sure its completely shut down and not running before you fire up p99.

just dont do it.

Sebekkha
01-14-2013, 11:41 AM
he just explained it, didnt he?

Thanks for the useful input, smartarse.

Thanks to those who answered my question in an informed manner! :)

Arclyte
01-14-2013, 11:51 AM
np scumbag

I've got a game genie for my SNES in my attic

give me a fungi and its yours

gotrocks
01-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the useful input, smartarse.

Thanks to those who answered my question in an informed manner! :)

to his credit, it was a silly question, but you're welcome.

radditsu
01-14-2013, 03:31 PM
I have 5 boxed on PEQ using a MQ2 build for the Underfoot Client. I have done this sitting on trak rock waiting for the stupid dragon to spawn on p99. You can tell that it still runs in some of the background of the UI. However, none of the commands work. /face etc etc don't work. Was I flagged? Probably. However, it makes the game bearable when you are in a raiding guild and you are forced to buff at 30 minute intervals waiting on a rock for 6 hours or more.

Vandy
01-14-2013, 04:09 PM
If you are insistent on using MQ on another server while playing simultaneously on p99 I would recommend running p99 in a virtualized environment to be safe.

Ashintar
01-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Sounds like you're playing with fire...

radditsu
01-14-2013, 05:00 PM
If you are insistent on using MQ on another server while playing simultaneously on p99 I would recommend running p99 in a virtualized environment to be safe.

I did for awhile but my vmware version has absolute horrible graphic capability. Everything seems to slide. If i wanted to hide I guess I could run it through some flavor of linux. Honestly if I was to be banned for playing stuff on another server, I could just go to that server full time. I'm not too keen on this community right now anyway. If they want to ban me that is fine. However, i think that big Rogean /GM's have enough info on me if they wanted to make a fair determination.

Thulack
01-14-2013, 06:00 PM
I dont get why you would play on 2 servers but only cheat on 1? Well i dont get why you would cheat at EQ to begin with but still to each his own. MQ was the worst thing that ever happened to EQ(Yes worse then luclin)

Breeziyo
01-14-2013, 07:46 PM
I seem to be one of few that thinks Luclin wasn't actually that terrible.

shooteneq1
01-14-2013, 08:22 PM

i liked it to, imo people hated it because it was so diffrent from classic and then was followed up by the best expansion ever.

radditsu
01-14-2013, 09:41 PM
I dont get why you would play on 2 servers but only cheat on 1? Well i dont get why you would cheat at EQ to begin with but still to each his own. MQ was the worst thing that ever happened to EQ(Yes worse then luclin)

Not about cheating. Its about grinding LDON's /Nabbing Some raid content/Exploring on a dead server when the entirety of the server is 24 boxing GOD content.

It's facilitating my ability to play eq without wanting to speak to someone else or have to make friends. I can play eq the way i want to without having to rely or deal with anyone else. I personally do not like a great deal many people in general. I rarely have a chance to even play nowdays.

So i rolled a Kitty shaman(yep kitty, come at me bro) and leveled em up. I powerleveled some boxes and play when my p99 toon is stuck doing nothing waiting for some silly dragon to spawn.

I consider building/stealing semi-complex macro strings to make a cleric heal a tank, have a rogue hide and backstab on a timer, have a wizard....do whatever he does when he is oom, a great deal more complicated than hitting autoattack and taunt, or buffing on a timer, or sitting at a wall for 5 hours while your guild does a "jugg raid".

And btw the worst thing that ever happened to eq is a rushed and broken expansion that came out at near the same time as the most subscribed to MMO of all time.

Sirken
01-14-2013, 11:19 PM

some eqemu servers allow MQ builds, and so technically hes not cheating on that server if they allow it.

and yes. Luclin was the devil. Velious was crafted by angels

formallydickman
01-14-2013, 11:47 PM
But they were both headed by Verant.. and Brad...

:confused::confused::confused:

Sometimes you hit sometimes you miss.

Silvanarix
01-15-2013, 12:04 AM
If the DLL detects the usage of MQ2, and you can even see whether it is on or off - then why are there people accidentally outing themselves with pictures on the forums instead of being instantly banned for using MQ2?

Lexical
01-15-2013, 02:35 AM

If I were to run EQ for p99 in a sandbox, would the .dll be able to see processes outside the sandbox or only the ones that would interact with EQ?

Krysttal
01-15-2013, 03:12 AM

The worst things about luclin were the graphics... the nexus, and beastlords.

Other than that.. I thought the raid zones, and the story addition was kind of neat...

Nothing like Pre Luclin, but was not a terrible addition. Some of the best raids i experianced was in Luclin.