PDA

View Full Version : Evil race - Aegis of Life quest

Karien
01-15-2013, 01:34 AM
Hi all, I've done some reading on previous threads on this subject, but was unable to find the answer to a specific question I am looking for. I have been using the bonechip/gold piece quest with Lashun Novashine in North Qeynos to build faction, and I was hoping to be able to also turn in Bandit Sashes to the Paladin GM in South Qeynos to assist in building faction. I've gotten to apprehensively with the Guards of Qeynos, but when I attempted to go to South Qeynos to turn in some sashes, I was promptly destroyed by the wizard GM. Does anyone with any experience building this faction know if I could use wolfform to travel around South Qeynos?

Handull
01-15-2013, 01:43 AM
wolf form will likely give you a faction boost but unless someone has tried it with your race/class/religion and knows first hand, its hard to know if it will be enough to get you non-kos with the wizards, and wolf form out in qeynos can be hard to come by. gold to Lashun is your best bet. or try to just avoid the wiz GM and navigate the zone, or get an invis, not sure if thats possible with the zone layout tho. good luck

Karien
01-15-2013, 01:51 AM
Guess I should mention that I'm a DE cleric of Innoruuk. I can travel freely around the main area of N. Qeynos now, after 5 stacks of bonechips and 475 ish gold pieces to Lashun, but I haven't yet checked if I can speak with the Paladin GM in the temple of life.

Karien
01-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Well, I finished the quest and figured I'd post what I did in case others have trouble with this. I camped live/undead Grimrot for about 5 1/2 hrs, killing all the putrid skeletons each time they popped. After this, I was still threatening to Lashun, so I got a wolfform and handed in about 100 bonechips and 300ish gp. After this I was able to turn in gp to Lashun w/o wolfform. Another 1300-1400 gp to Lashun and he conned warmly, as soon as he conned warmly I went to the temple of life, and Camlend Serbold also conned warmly. Turned in the Scythe and the Heart, and donned my brand-new Aegis of Life. Not all that much work for a very nice cleric back item that will last me many levels!

nothsa
01-16-2013, 06:30 AM
well im sad i read this so late, the halfling mask for the symble necklace is a great way to get a faction boost rather than a wolf form.

Furme
01-16-2013, 09:53 AM
If anyone else cares to read this..

The Aegis is obtainable by evil races..

I used the gold method on lashun novashire with my DE cleric, but.. there is a better way.. albeit a little more annoying / expensive..

Buy about 8-16 stacks of silver bars and go out to NK and get your wolf form / halfling illusion..

At the north end of the zone is a gnome, a dwarf, a halfing, and a barbarian running around in circles.. Hail the gnome (or have a necro root him and feign)
and hand him 1 silver bar at a time.. after about 6 stacks of silver bars my troll shaman went from apprehensive (scowls in troll form) to warmly (dubious in troll form)..

It's a good bit faster than gold.

myxomatosii
01-16-2013, 03:48 PM
well im sad i read this so late, the halfling mask for the symble necklace is a great way to get a faction boost rather than a wolf form.

How much of a boost? That mask only lasts 3 minutes and I'd be curious how much faction work (if any?) you'd have to do to use this strategy.

Droog007
01-16-2013, 04:28 PM
... after about 6 stacks of silver bars my troll shaman went from apprehensive (scowls in troll form) to warmly (dubious in troll form)..

It's a good bit faster than gold.

Just out of curiosity, what's the drive to get this faction with a Troll Shaman? Ease of travel?

Furme
01-17-2013, 08:01 AM
Just out of curiosity, what's the drive to get this faction with a Troll Shaman? Ease of travel?

heh, My shaman was levelling in the Karanas.. And this is probably the easiest way of getting karana residents faction up so the guards around the EK settlements won't outright murder me (and instead help me as I train them with gorge hounds).. as well as Knights of Thunder which is who Squire Wimbley and Sir Morgan are affiliated with.