PDA

View Full Version : 2 clients, one on P99 Question

Kagatob
01-15-2013, 04:02 AM
I don't want to do anything that can potentially get me banned for boxing so I thought I'd ask here before even trying.

While I just came out of being on an EQ break I had been playing on a couple of the other emulator servers for a couple of years before. When I learned about P99 after I came back I decided I absolutely had to give it a try. So far I'm loving the experience, big ranters on the boards aside, the people that I've met in game have been a joy to interact with and it actually feels like I'm playing good 'ol EQ again.

On to my actual question.

I only play one character and I don't plan on changing that. I was wondering if the way the server checks for boxing would flag me for boxing if I had a character in P99 and had another client open with another character on another server, (EX. The Hidden Forest). While I understand that it's better to be safe rather than sorry, I'd like to know if this is something that I am able to do. If so, I'd like to ask the same question, but about having a client in P99 blue and P99 red simultaneously.

Thanks in advance.

joppykid
01-15-2013, 04:21 AM
1 per server. As long as you don't have 2 on one server you're fine. People do both blue and red all the time

Kagatob
01-15-2013, 04:23 AM
1 per server. As long as you don't have 2 on one server you're fine. People do both blue and red all the time

This is good to know. Gives me something to do while I med.
Now I gotta look up how to separate the clients so I don't get the spell list error on one server while I'm on another.

gotrocks
01-15-2013, 04:53 AM
you're good

:thumbsup:

*edit*

have two seperate eq folders with two seperate eq clients to keep everything tidy.

Kagatob
01-15-2013, 04:55 AM
you're good

:thumbsup:

*edit*

have two seperate eq folders with two seperate eq clients to keep everything tidy.

Do you have to install the game twice or is there some kind of shorter workaround such as copying certain files and making two different shortcuts for example? I'm at work right now so I won't be able to test it till the morning when I get home or after I wake up in the afternoon.

joppykid
01-15-2013, 05:16 AM
Pretty sure you just window out and relaunch same client

joppykid
01-15-2013, 05:17 AM
Or maybe not i don't box lol

falkun
01-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Do you have to install the game twice or is there some kind of shorter workaround such as copying certain files and making two different shortcuts for example? I'm at work right now so I won't be able to test it till the morning when I get home or after I wake up in the afternoon.

All "installing" does for EQ is put the files in the right locations. You can easily drag and drop your current EQ installation into another folder, make a new shortcut to the new everquest.exe location, and be on your way. Then just update the spell files for THF (or whatever server you play on) in the new folder/install and you won't have the incompatibilities between the clients: P99 will be set up for P99 and THF will be set up for THF. Just make sure you connect to the correct server from the server list for the client you are running.

Extunarian
01-15-2013, 12:35 PM
All "installing" does for EQ is put the files in the right locations. You can easily drag and drop your current EQ installation into another folder, make a new shortcut to the new everquest.exe location, and be on your way. Then just update the spell files for THF (or whatever server you play on) in the new folder/install and you won't have the incompatibilities between the clients: P99 will be set up for P99 and THF will be set up for THF. Just make sure you connect to the correct server from the server list for the client you are running.

To add onto this, my eqemu folder looks something like
c:\eqemu\baseTitaniumInstall (basic titanium install without changes)
c:\eqemu\p99
c:\eqemu\p99red
c:\eqemu\ezserver

Whenever I screw something up real good or want to play on a new server, I just delete that folder and copy the baseTitaniumInstall and rename it to whatever, then add the proper patches.

gotrocks
01-15-2013, 04:51 PM

this^^

Swish
01-15-2013, 06:54 PM
...and if you're using the launcher, make sure you change the file path that your EQ folder is in so you don't accidentally patch your P99 folder with THF files and vice versa :p

Kagatob
01-16-2013, 01:32 AM
Thanks for all of the tips, I'll have to do this ASAP.

kojak488
02-18-2013, 10:47 PM
I've made a copy of my EQ install that I know works (I can log in to P99 with it). In the copy if I try to run eqgame.exe I get an error box that says "Please run Everquest.exe". If I try to run EverQuest.exe I get an error box that says "Could not establish a connection. Please check your network connection or contact eqtech@soe.sony.com". It uses the same eqhost file so what's going wrong here? I thought it should just be a copy/paste job... :(

[Edit] I'm stupid.

Swish
02-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Patch that second folder with the patcher (selecting whichever second server you're playing on). It should iron out any problems.

If you're trying to do P99 blue and P99 red I don't think there's a need for a copy/paste second folder :p

kojak488
02-19-2013, 06:33 PM
For the record the issue was not using "patchme" for eqgame.exe. Remember how you create a shortcut of eqgame.exe and put patchme in the target location of the shortcut? Needed to do that for the second folder too.