PDA

View Full Version : Charm problems, mobs despawning...

Clark
01-16-2013, 04:53 PM
I'll make a bug report as well, but I had the froglok king with a Crown of Froglok Kings today charmed, burned his LOT and zoned out of portal to gate back and he was despawned. Zoned him with 36-38%hp so there is no way he died of dots or anything this is ridiculous. Happened to me last night with tactician in a similar way. Asked around and it's happened to other enchs. Can I get an explanation or if you guys are aware of this bug :l

Is this happening to anyone else?

Zinyen
01-16-2013, 04:56 PM
I'll make a bug report as well, but I had the froglok king with a Crown of Froglok Kings today charmed, burned his LOT and zoned out of portal to gate back and he was despawned. Zoned him with 36-38%hp so there is no way he died of dots or anything this is ridiculous. Happened to me last night with tactician in a similar way. Asked around and it's happened to other enchs. Can I get an explanation or if you guys are aware of this bug :l

Is this happening to anyone else?

you left, a dot ticked, he got into a fight with whatever frog had him dotted, some frogs assisted that frog, some assisted him, and they fought until one side won (he didnt make it)

Clark
01-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Hrm never heard of mobs staying engaged from dots when original agro'r was out of zone. Interesting.

Clark
01-16-2013, 05:03 PM
I'd add in that on live and red99 this never occurred once and I'd often perform this and similar strats.

Slave
01-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Was anyone else in the zone?

Nordenwatch
01-16-2013, 05:29 PM
you left, a dot ticked, he got into a fight with whatever frog had him dotted, some frogs assisted that frog, some assisted him, and they fought until one side won (he didnt make it)

wait this actually works? so If i get a helot skeleton in south charmed to DoT a mob and FD I could get a war going between mobs?

cyryllis
01-16-2013, 06:58 PM
lol potactics war memories coming back

Tecmos Deception
01-16-2013, 09:45 PM
My guess is that he did not die and that he did not despawn.

A number of times in the past week, I've had a wounded pet who turned up missing after I camped aggro or gated or whatever. They get stuck in a wall and end up back at their spawnpoint an hour later. Or they ARE at their spawn point but with a weird z-axis so that you don't see them, but then when you walk up near their spawnpoint they'll aggro (think of the skeleton on the tower between the stairs in lcy and hands room... I never see him there, but I know if I walk over that spot without IVU he will aggro me out of the blue).

Lexical
01-16-2013, 10:12 PM
they ARE at their spawn point but with a weird z-axis so that you don't see them

Can confirm this. Happens all the time to me.

Tecmos Deception
01-16-2013, 10:22 PM
Yeah, yesterday morning I had a bok knight at king in lguk disappear on me after I walked out the portal when I was done clearing the room. Later when I came back, he was missing... until I walked past his spawn point and he popped up out of the floor to quad me :)

Clark
01-16-2013, 11:35 PM
My guess is that he did not die and that he did not despawn.

A number of times in the past week, I've had a wounded pet who turned up missing after I camped aggro or gated or whatever. They get stuck in a wall and end up back at their spawnpoint an hour later. Or they ARE at their spawn point but with a weird z-axis so that you don't see them, but then when you walk up near their spawnpoint they'll aggro (think of the skeleton on the tower between the stairs in lcy and hands room... I never see him there, but I know if I walk over that spot without IVU he will aggro me out of the blue).

No that isn't the case here. I walked over the spawn nothing agrod, and the new mob respawned 25mins later.

Tecmos Deception
01-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Why are you charming the nameds anyways? :P

Clark
01-17-2013, 12:36 AM
Because then I can mez primary engaged mob, and hit hide when named pet is like 2-5%hp, mez it then 1 shot nuke it :A Makes healers a lot easier that way so the Frog King isn't spam healing himself.

Handull
01-17-2013, 12:50 AM
I've seen this a few times. The first time I messed up the pull of Drusella Sathir and had to hat out. I come back and she was gone along with the mob that was my pet. And yes, she had a NoS.

I'm not sure if DoT tics can do it, but any spell can for sure. Imagine this: Charmed Pet is fighting Caster A. Caster A begins to cast, you zone, breaking charm, mobs stop fighting, Caster A's spell keeps casting tho, lands on your former pet and now the pet is agro on Caster A. At this point other mobs can join in the fight, based on some really messed up assist mechanics. I've seen mobs fighting like this if I zoned out and came right back in, etc. It is rare, but an unfortunate risk when charming is involved.

Handull
01-17-2013, 12:51 AM
wait this actually works? so If i get a helot skeleton in south charmed to DoT a mob and FD I could get a war going between mobs?

test out if dots work, but you can get a war easily if you wait for one of the mobs to start casting and then FD, then you can enjoy the show. let us know how it goes

Tecmos Deception
01-17-2013, 08:38 AM
Imagine this: Charmed Pet is fighting Caster A. Caster A begins to cast, you zone, breaking charm, mobs stop fighting, Caster A's spell keeps casting tho, lands on your former pet and now the pet is agro on Caster A. At this point other mobs can join in the fight, based on some really messed up assist mechanics. I've seen mobs fighting like this if I zoned out and came right back in, etc. It is rare, but an unfortunate risk when charming is involved.

Hmm.

Whenever I break charm with insta-invis, my pet will insantly stop casting whatever he was casting, whether it was a hostile spell directed at another mob or a self-buff spell or what, and turn to melee/cast on me.

I guess maybe breaking charm with invis is different?

Handull
01-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Hmm.

Whenever I break charm with insta-invis, my pet will insantly stop casting whatever he was casting, whether it was a hostile spell directed at another mob or a self-buff spell or what, and turn to melee/cast on me.

I guess maybe breaking charm with invis is different?

this is probably different because in this case the mob is now agro on you and knows it should team up with the other mob to kill you. when you zone out and all agro drops, then they just stand there. I imagine its similar to how when you FD, mobs keep casting on you instead of just stopping their cast and walking away.

a necro could easily test this with undead casters to verify exactly what makes it happen.

Bamzal Sherbet
01-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Can confirm this. Happens all the time to me.

all the fucking time

Snagglepuss
01-17-2013, 01:47 PM
We need Loraen and the Royal Ak'anon Academy of Research on this asap!