PDA

View Full Version : Current Pop 900+

Itap
01-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Wow is all I can say!

I remember during last summer prime pop was around 200-300. So nice to see numbers so high! Anyone know the reason for the influx of players?

Perhaps

http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2010/05/velious.jpg

Karafa
01-16-2013, 11:18 PM
200-300? Never seen it that low since 2010.

Alarti0001
01-16-2013, 11:19 PM
Its cause TMO is killing the server.

Jenni D
01-16-2013, 11:20 PM
lol'd

Zabekis
01-16-2013, 11:21 PM
XD

Itap
01-16-2013, 11:28 PM

Not every thread has to be about TMO bro!

Elements
01-17-2013, 12:02 AM
Winter. People hermatize and play vids. boys play outside in the summer.

Swish
01-17-2013, 12:03 AM
While it seems to have come at the same time as the streaming has really turned big, I can only imagine there's a hidden MMO forum somewhere with players who have found the game and wanted to relive old times. I know I've left a few comments on ZAM related to certain things and my signature has a link to P99 but I doubt thats drawn many, if any :D

I guess people watch YouTube videos, which are a popular place to leave comments on P99 and I'm sure there's an EQ community on Reddit. It's definitely a breath of life in the server and nice to see places like Unrest and MM thriving again at times :)

Went into Gfay on my necro earlier and demanded bone chips from the newbie population for 8pp/stack - I know I could have gone cheaper but things like that really give new players a lift. Nobody gave me more than 1-3 stacks but that plat pays for some spells, some cash towards a cheap weapon, etc etc.

Helping them today (in a small way) is helping the server tomorrow...and events like that zombie one are also a fun way of promoting the community.

49shadesofgay
01-17-2013, 12:04 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=94078

Itap
01-17-2013, 12:05 AM
Winter. People hermatize and play vids. boys play outside in the summer.

I played through the summer, does that make me a man now? :D

Atennu
01-17-2013, 12:08 AM
I played through the summer, does that make me a man now? :D

Man =/= Virgin

gotrocks
01-17-2013, 01:54 AM

you wish alarti :D

Deverell
01-17-2013, 03:10 AM
A gaming celebrity called Kungen was trying P99 out and streaming it for probably several thousand viewers last night or the night before, so a big chunk of people downloaded the client and tried it. These are WoW/D3 type players do don't expect any to stay.

Breeziyo
01-17-2013, 03:15 AM
A gaming celebrity called Kungen was trying P99 out and streaming it for probably several thousand viewers last night or the night before, so a big chunk of people downloaded the client and tried it. These are WoW/D3 type players do don't expect any to stay.

basically this

Aedin
01-17-2013, 03:27 AM
glad to see the server is alive and kicking.

Kagatob
01-17-2013, 03:30 AM

Not to point you out specifically, but I'm assuming D3 means Diablo 3. Is a hack and slash repetitive dungeon crawler that has some albeit few RPG elements really being considered MMO genre?

Plax
01-17-2013, 03:36 AM
umm, no, population has been around 800+ during prime time for the last month, I do not feel this Kungen guy had anything to do with that.

Lagaidh
01-17-2013, 09:26 AM
umm, no, population has been around 800+ during prime time for the last month, I do not feel this Kungen guy had anything to do with that.

Agreed. The average peak has been on the rise for months. I recall it being a respectable 4-500 for most of the summer. I'll admit that I did worry at the very beginning of summer when there were about 10 days where the peak was barely 300. It worried me because the summer months of 2011 didn't see as much of a dip. (Did Kunark release in that time frame? That'd explain why there wasn't a significant 2011 summer dip.)

The average peak during prime time always follows the seasons. Summer in the western hemisphere? You see a population dip. It reverses when it's cold.

Randarn
01-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Not to point you out specifically, but I'm assuming D3 means Diablo 3. Is a hack and slash repetitive dungeon crawler that has some albeit few RPG elements really being considered MMO genre?

That would be correct. Refers to diablo 3

Kungen - the streamer was the guild leader and main tank for WoW's top guild for quite a while who held many server firsts.

Kruel
01-17-2013, 10:58 AM
no joke the real reason is that more and more people are comfortable two or three boxing. Most arent in the same zone with the other toon they are boxing (EC mules etc).

Ross
01-17-2013, 11:00 AM
I've seen a few mentions of it on Reddit. At least that's how I found out about the server.

nilbog
01-17-2013, 11:01 AM
no joke the real reason is that more and more people are comfortable two or three boxing. Most arent in the same zone with the other toon they are boxing (EC mules etc).

Actually, boxing is at an all time low. Would definitely not recommend anyone assuming comfort. Seriously.

Hollywood
01-17-2013, 11:36 AM

I lol'd that you trolled yourself by actually being so upset about these claims, you then remembered to use it as a quickie zinger.
Good for you, really, good for you.

I just assumed all the ass-hats that play Warcraft had gotten tired of the new expansion already and decided to come back.

Itap
01-17-2013, 02:16 PM
Oh snap, got bog all up in my thread!

Itap
01-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Also

http://www.wefv.com/velious.gif

Swish
01-17-2013, 02:27 PM
Also...

OMG VEILUOS!!!

Swish
01-17-2013, 02:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/H3I4Y.jpg

Wiwi
01-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Winter* is coming.

*Velious

Alarti0001
01-17-2013, 03:05 PM
I lol'd that you trolled yourself by actually being so upset about these claims, you then remembered to use it as a quickie zinger.
Good for you, really, good for you.

I just assumed all the ass-hats that play Warcraft had gotten tired of the new expansion already and decided to come back.

Hmmm? I wasn't upset by those claims I found them laughable. Just like my wry comment.

Also,

http://i.imgur.com/USrGl.jpg?5

falkun
01-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Oh snap, got borg all up in my thread!

FTFY

Lyra
01-17-2013, 04:40 PM
I can't imagine watching EQ1 is exciting, at all.

"Man instead of watching my own paint dry, I get to watch someone else's walls dry!! WHOA!"

Have you watched Kungen? Who cares what he is playing. He has an awesome accent, he's charming, he's talking about games, and quite entertaining! As someone told me last night "You're quite enamored with him, aren't you". WHY YES, YES I AM! I didn't find him on my own, I found him from the link here.

Went into Gfay on my necro earlier and demanded bone chips from the newbie population for 8pp/stack - I know I could have gone cheaper but things like that really give new players a lift. Nobody gave me more than 1-3 stacks but that plat pays for some spells, some cash towards a cheap weapon, etc etc.

Helping them today (in a small way) is helping the server tomorrow...and events like that zombie one are also a fun way of promoting the community.

HAHA I saw you!!! I was outside of Felwithe thinking "Why did I turn all my bone chips in, I could be RICH!"

I also thought...shout carries pretty far.

I thought something about what you called us...but then thought who cares...he's handing out PLAT!

I am on the server because one of my EQ friends asked me to play with him. I had looked at the instructions to play on the server a couple years ago, and decided it was too complicated. He sent me very detailed instructions, and I some how managed to get logged into the game. It WAS complicated, and he had to trouble shoot some issues I was having with my version of .net framework. (I had to uninstall 4.0 and install 3.5)

I last played in 2005. My last raid was opening the nest on Rodcet Nife. A week later our server merged to Quellious, then Povar sometime after that.

Swish
01-17-2013, 05:07 PM
HAHA I saw you!!! I was outside of Felwithe thinking "Why did I turn all my bone chips in, I could be RICH!"

I also thought...shout carries pretty far.

I thought something about what you called us...but then thought who cares...he's handing out PLAT!

A bit of light roleplay never killed anyone. I didn't screenshot it but the greedy elves were informed that their lust for coins meant I now had plenty of pets to summon to liberate Felwithe of its guards...silly elves ;)

http://i.imgur.com/JpMQ8.jpg

Safon
01-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Prime time pop was not 2 - 300, not for years. If you provided proof I would be baffled

Lyra
01-17-2013, 05:29 PM
A bit of light roleplay never killed anyone. I didn't screenshot it but the greedy elves were informed that their lust for coins meant I now had plenty of pets to summon to liberate Felwithe of its guards...silly elves ;)

http://i.imgur.com/JpMQ8.jpg

haha evil intentions after all!

BTW - the ooc offering 50 plat for a port? I saw a druid in BB ooc'ing asking 100 plat to port.

Serious? Maybe I should level a druid first.

Itap
01-17-2013, 05:32 PM
Prime time pop was not 2 - 300, not for years. If you provided proof I would be baffled

Since there are a few other posts that corroborated that the prime pop was around that number briefly, I'll go ahead and say I'm not making that up.

And also, who just randomly takes SS of server select screen...

Itap
01-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Back on track

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/353333-everquest-the-scars-of-velious-windows-screenshot-big-battle.jpg

Swish
01-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Will probably get old quickly, lets stick with Kunark a while.

Alarti0001
01-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Will probably get old quickly, lets stick with Kunark a while.

Its been a while.

Jenni D
01-17-2013, 06:44 PM
"gaming celebrity"

lol'd

Swish
01-17-2013, 06:57 PM
Its been a while.

What happens when Velious is out a while? You're stuck forever.

Alarti0001
01-17-2013, 06:58 PM
What happens when Velious is out a while? You're stuck forever.

TESO, or EQNext will be out. Or maybe EQClassic. Oh something new here.