PDA

View Full Version : should i keep this

Kendir
01-20-2013, 03:08 AM
Someone gave me an Argent Defender and I was wondering if I should keep it as a shadowknight or sell it and buy a different weapon with the money.If I should sell it what do you suggest I buy?

webrunner5
01-20-2013, 08:51 AM
I think the weapon is WAY to slow to use unless you have a CoF. But they are not worth too much plat. 300 to 400. A lot depends on your level.

There are not a lot of good 2 handers for SK that are cheap. Noct Blade is like 4k for the 1 hander. Smoldering Brand is getting cheap as of late. I know it is a 1 hander but with the proc does pretty well. 9/22 pretty good ratio for the buck. like 250 to 350 plat. Plus you get the AC from a Shield. And Bash. You are not going to do a ton of damage as a SK no matter what you have. They are just slow and steady. :D

theaetatus
01-20-2013, 09:32 AM
The speed really doesn't matter and it has a reasonable ratio. It'll be hard to sell for a decent price and you'll be wanting to use a 2h rather than 1h unless you picked a gimpy race.

Keep using it until you find a Deathbringer's Rod for sale cheap (500ish)

Cippofra
01-20-2013, 03:35 PM
The speed really doesn't matter and it has a reasonable ratio. It'll be hard to sell for a decent price and you'll be wanting to use a 2h rather than 1h unless you picked a gimpy race.

Keep using it until you find a Deathbringer's Rod for sale cheap (500ish)

For some odd reason, a lot of people are just convinced that slower damage always equals less damage. It's why you see 10,000 monks with a jade mace and knuckle dusters when a wu's quivering staff out damages them until at least level 45. That and for some reason people think dual wielding just looks cooler.

Spoonerism
01-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Ive been usin that very weapon on my 20SK recently and it does me good.

Since hitting level 20, my Ogre SK has had his damage restrictions lifted. Granted I AM an ogre, but I have been hitting between 60-95 on the good swings.

Yeah it is kinda slow, and when I solo I usually use Sword and Board, but when I group and am not the main tank, you better believe I am busting out the Argent Defender.

Slave
01-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Ive been usin that very weapon on my 20SK recently and it does me good.

Since hitting level 20, my Ogre SK has had his damage restrictions lifted. Granted I AM an ogre, but I have been hitting between 60-95 on the good swings.

Yeah it is kinda slow, and when I solo I usually use Sword and Board, but when I group and am not the main tank, you better believe I am busting out the Argent Defender.

The damage cap until level 30 is 60 points, and seemingly only a high ATK granted from high Offense/STR/Weapon Skill will allow you to break this.

Spoonerism
01-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Ahh ok, I didn't know that. Probably just had some buffs that allowed me to break past the 60 damage then!

SamwiseRed
01-20-2013, 05:32 PM
reroll warrior imo

Swish
01-20-2013, 09:42 PM
reroll warrior imo

Levelling a SK is like climbing Everest, the feeling to get to the top must be frickin awesome ;)

Loads of warriors about, a lot of SKs quit before 60 (mine included)...hope you make it :)