PDA

View Full Version : Offering help to new Iksar shamans

Shamen
01-21-2013, 04:53 AM
/Lizardman ON

Hail Cabilis!

Dear Iksar shaman brothers,

Are you new on the server and decided to follow the Scaled Mystics of Cabilis? Our guildmaster Prime Hieropant Vek is sending me to help YOU! I am offering my spear and knowledge to help with...

Scaled Mystic Armor Quests (http://wiki.project1999.org/Scaled_Mystic_Armor_Quests)
&
Shaman Skull Quests (http://wiki.project1999.org/Shaman_Skull_Quests)

I can help with information or I can make you full banded set and help with getting the items needed. You bring the gems.

Hail Cazic!

Shamen Scaled <Taken>
55 Luminary

gotrocks
01-21-2013, 05:08 AM
Support this fully.

Have completed all the scaled mystic quests and am willing to help anyone who needs it.

iksars gotta stick together =P

diabolica1
01-21-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi Shamen,
Did you find Overseer Dlubish in Nurga, Droga or the gob caves in FM?
Thanks a bunch

Slave
01-21-2013, 11:56 AM
I offer help to any Iksar Shaman by transferring their gear to a shiny new Ogre or Troll Shaman.

webrunner5
01-21-2013, 12:06 PM
heh Slave you are a SICK PUP lol. :D

Slave
01-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Man I just feel bad for them anymore as I solo HS and watch them sitting there LFG for hours.

Shamen
01-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi Shamen,
Did you find Overseer Dlubish in Nurga, Droga or the gob caves in FM?
Thanks a bunch

Overseer Dlubish can be found in Mines of Nurga, approx loc -1500, -650.

He is in room 3 on map (http://wiki.project1999.org/Mines_of_Nurga), PH is in first tent on right hand side when you walk into to room from east.

Shamen
01-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Man I just feel bad for them anymore as I solo HS and watch them sitting there LFG for hours.

why do you have to troll here? :confused:

Slave
01-21-2013, 07:44 PM
why do you have to troll here? :confused:

I'm not, I'm trying to help. If even one person chooses a Troll or Ogre Shaman over the absolutely handicapped Iksar Shaman, then I'll have saved them countless hours of toil for a disappointing and inferior reward.

Shamen
01-22-2013, 03:30 AM
I'm not, I'm trying to help. If even one person chooses a Troll or Ogre Shaman over the absolutely handicapped Iksar Shaman, then I'll have saved them countless hours of toil for a disappointing and inferior reward.

Do you think i made this thread for you to come here and crap all over it? This game is about having fun, not minmaxing evey aspect of it. I for one play Ikky shaman and im having a blast and would not have it any other way.

Im guessing you play troll...too bad it is creeping into your head. Keep the troll in game and dont bring him to threads that do not concern you. GFY

Poundruss
01-22-2013, 09:26 AM
18 iksar shaman, here! would love some assistance getting the Sythrax Building Plans for my helm! i just got the digger in kurns last night :P

edit

oh, and i'd never roll any other race than iksar for shaman, monk, SK or necro. who does that?

Shamen
01-22-2013, 10:32 AM
18 iksar shaman, here! would love some assistance getting the Sythrax Building Plans for my helm! i just got the digger in kurns last night :P

edit

oh, and i'd never roll any other race than iksar for shaman, monk, SK or necro. who does that?

I tell you who does that. Lame minmaxers like Slave who like to satisfy themselves by shoving jbb deep into their troll/ogre ass and then feel superior because they can spam click it. Skill FTW!

Shoot me a tell in game, I will kill the troll sk for you ;) I might as well mutilate his dead body now when I think about titrolls... who knows, maybe its Slaves relative. Lets decorate Cabilis gates with his fugly head! :D

Sarkhan
01-23-2013, 11:52 AM
For a limited time I will help out shamans of cabilis by giving discounted prices on imbued cabilis gear http://everquest.allakhazam.com/search.html?q=imbued+cabilis ...

Prices will be 32p/ac on the item for next couple days if you PM me and say you want the Shamen discount!

Slave
01-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Do you think i made this thread for you to come here and crap all over it? This game is about having fun, not minmaxing evey aspect of it. I for one play Ikky shaman and im having a blast and would not have it any other way.

Im guessing you play troll...too bad it is creeping into your head. Keep the troll in game and dont bring him to threads that do not concern you. GFY

ITT: Guy defends the principle of playing games the way they want to play them, then rabidly attacks people for playing games the way they want to play them. For a finale, he rages uncontrollably for some hilarious and totally unknown reason. Worth a read!

Sarkhan
01-23-2013, 01:07 PM
ITT: Thread created to help out other iksar shamans, trolls giving reasons to not create iksar shamans even though this thread wasn't about what race to choose but rather helping out people who have already chosen a race. OP continuing to say he will help out iksar shamans.

FTFY

Snagglepuss
01-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Why the senseless trolling of a thread trying to encourage a diverse player base?

Sarkhan
01-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Not sure but I'd guess it is because some people can't stand seeing other people make choices that they don't like, or they just like being annoying.

It is true, there is a handicap about being an iksar shaman and I have offered help to iksar shamans who wanted to reroll after they found out if they had not realized before, but a lot of people stick with iksars anyways either because they don't care, they like being iksars or they don't see themselves getting 40k to afford a JBB anyways and just want to have fun with their class/race choice.

Slave
01-23-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm just gonna call it as I see it, Slave, you're being a dick.

ITT: Thread created to help out other iksar shamans, trolls giving reasons to not create iksar shamans even though this thread wasn't about what race to choose but rather helping out people who have already chosen a race. OP continuing to say he will help out iksar shamans.

Calling someone a dick when they have demonstrably not been dicks is undoubtedly being a dick.

I gave my opinion on how to help Iksar Shamans. I was reviled and called names for it despite keeping a level and humorous tone, even in the face of certain dickery. For you to come in here and say you think that I'm being a dick when I'm the most reasonable person in the thread, proves to me that you are unquestionably a dick.

If you cannot argue your cases without resorting to name-calling, you will be ignored.

Iksar Shamans are an incredibly gimped Race/Class combo and I will help all of them I can by assisting their change to something that is more powerful for less experience. If you are not a powergamer, that's great. I understand that you are proud with your suboptimal choice. SOME people don't choose to play that way. I offer information and options to those people.

Glasken
01-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Calling someone a dick when they have demonstrably not been dicks is undoubtedly being a dick.

I gave my opinion on how to help Iksar Shamans. I was reviled and called names for it despite keeping a level and humorous tone, even in the face of certain dickery. For you to come in here and say you think that I'm being a dick when I'm the most reasonable person in the thread, proves to me that you are unquestionably a dick.

If you cannot argue your cases without resorting to name-calling, you will be ignored.

Iksar Shamans are an incredibly gimped Race/Class combo and I will help all of them I can by assisting their change to something that is more powerful for less experience. If you are not a powergamer, that's great. I understand that you are proud with your suboptimal choice. SOME people don't choose to play that way. I offer information and options to those people.

Amen, sir. Some people like their numbers. I count myself among them.

-Glasken

Sarkhan
01-23-2013, 01:34 PM
I actually did edit that to be more kind to you before you even replied, but it was the part where you said "For a finale, he rages uncontrollably for some hilarious and totally unknown reason." that i called you a dick :-)

When someone starts a thread for playing a game the way they want it is in their eyes to decide whether the reward is inferior or not... Point is you found a person who has a different opinion than you and instead of leaving the thread alone you keep pestering it and attempt to make fun of the thread creator

Slave
01-23-2013, 01:43 PM
I actually did edit that to be more kind to you before you even replied, but it was the part where you said "For a finale, he rages uncontrollably for some hilarious and totally unknown reason." that i called you a dick :-)

When someone starts a thread for playing a game the way they want it is in their eyes to decide whether the reward is inferior or not... Point is you found a person who has a different opinion than you and instead of leaving the thread alone you keep pestering it and attempt to make fun of the thread creator

Are you attempting to coin the term "hypocritical irony" in this thread? You are literally doing the things that you are describing, far more vitriolically and persistently than I, who have come here in honest discussion.

I tell you who does that. Lame minmaxers like Slave who like to satisfy themselves by shoving jbb deep into their troll/ogre ass and then feel superior because they can spam click it. Skill FTW!

Shoot me a tell in game, I will kill the troll sk for you ;) I might as well mutilate his dead body now when I think about titrolls... who knows, maybe its Slaves relative. Lets decorate Cabilis gates with his fugly head! :D

If this is not raging uncontrollably, what do you call it exactly?

Anyway, I feel I've given you more than enough time to apologize and become reasonable; I will not continue this line of debate.

Poundruss
01-23-2013, 02:22 PM

i'm actually a huge min-maxer in games. games that i want to be competitive and be at the top.

this is an everquest kunark emulated server where a couple of my friends and i want to play to relive some old memories. i was an iksar when i played back when i was 13, i'll be an iksar again.

if this everquest emulated server means that much to you, then have at it, min-max all day and all night. but that's not how i view this server. catchin' my drift homie?

and as for the guy selling the gear, i'm sure i'm down to get a few pieces. i'll have to check what gear i have when i log on later.

PS

thanks a lot for the help yesterday shamen!

Snagglepuss
01-23-2013, 02:45 PM
For some of us, this server is a place to relive memories, share them with like minded individuals, and experience content we missed the first time around.

For others, it's like they are reliving high school, bound not to make the "mistakes" they did the first time 'round. That means studying hard, being the star athlete, dating the prom queen, min-maxing to being the best to prove they can beat a 13 year old game, etc...

Poundruss
01-23-2013, 03:15 PM
and that's fine, just don't worry that other people aren't min-maxing their race/class combo who are mainly here to relive some awesome experiences they remember so long ago.

Snagglepuss
01-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Exactly! I think it shows what a great community we have when other players encourage their fellow race / class, especially when they aren't the most popular. Actions like that are what make this server feel classic.

Shamen
01-24-2013, 03:43 AM
Slave you are like the kid from sandbox that everybody hates. You know....the kid that trolls around destroying what others created, because he cant do anything himself. Sad existence. :(