PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Announcement: Kaesora 30-45

myxomatosii
01-22-2013, 01:53 AM
Exp Album Sample (Sorry didn't get a chance to make this til lvl 39 so the exp is only 2% a kill) (http://imgur.com/a/0nkCK#0)

So recently I was invited to a Kaesora group, I reluctantly accepted as my monk was 35 and had yet to head back to Cabilis to train Flying Kick or Riposte. I join up, we start farming, I don't care much about how fast my monk levels as he's my 'just for fun character' but I do notice as we go that exp seems to be moving extraordinarily fast, even for someone like me who likes to fly through levels..

In a period of about four hours, everyone in the group got out of the hell levels they were in, those not in hell levels completed two full levels, we farmed 12-14 lifedraw staffs (great for pet class farming) and got everyone their Xalgozian Fang. In short, after the group fell apart my now 37 monk stayed in the zone and solo'd a bit, and was very surprised upon seeing myself attain 2-4% exp per kill solo. Ridiculous zone bonus. Since the gap from 35-39 is barren of any real choices other than MM CE, HK light guard farming, OT, or FM giant fort. In the 30-45 level range, Kaesora is where its at.

I was a bit skeptical at first, so I ran my level 37 ass over to City of Mist and solo'd for a while, getting only 0.5-1.5% per kill from mobs that took me longer to kill than Kaesora mobs, which yielded twice exp or more... I have a feeling I'll be staying in Kaesora until the mobs con green, the place is unbelievable. Great sell for iksars too because of the proximity to Cabilis.

So next time you're sitting in City of Mist scrounging the scarce Haze Golem or the odd Goo. Put together a rag tag bunch and walk the 5 minutes over to Kaesora. You will NOT regret it.

Here is a list of people I know of who enjoy Kaesora.

Cyclonus
Leezurd
Trainstomper
Silvurwolf
Euthamordenatos
Handsom
Useful
Whitewing
Cucumbers

Revive this unbelievable and abandoned zone! Also.. melee can bind outside.

Brut
01-22-2013, 03:09 AM
Most bland and uninspiring zone in game tho.
Here's a hallway with skeletons.
Here's another.
Yay.

joppykid
01-22-2013, 05:09 AM
Here's another.
Yay.

Lol'd

Sanvarin
01-22-2013, 06:40 AM
I have to say, I took Euthamordinatos there and charm soloing is pretty fruitful! The trick is to just bind on the ledge that leads to the exit and work your way backwards down into the zone. I'll be here probably until 45/46 so feel free to join me (40 enchanter). Bring a friend with you!

Ryba
01-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Kaesora also considered outdoors according to alla. Not sure if classic.

Tecmos Deception
01-22-2013, 01:06 PM
2-4% exp per kill solo.

Negatory, big fella.

4% of level 37 for an iksar monk would be 277,000 xp. You'd need to be in a 200 ZEM killing even cons to get that much xp per kill. Kaesora is fun, unless you can't avoid and/or interrupt the cleric mobs, but you weren't getting 4% per kill solo at any point anywhere in that dungeon.

Slave
01-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Negatory, big fella.

You'd need to be in a 200 ZEM

Is this considering that normal ZEM is 75?

theaetatus
01-22-2013, 01:11 PM
He may have been getting 2% per kill, which would mean his statement was true as it falls within the range specified. :P

Swish
01-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Overthere users beware - if you want to keep your faction in tact you'll be avoiding Kaesora and Karnors (which is totally ridiculous...considering there's no dungeons that drop FV faction).

Tecmos Deception
01-22-2013, 01:17 PM
He may have been getting 2% per kill, which would mean his statement was true as it falls within the range specified. :P

Good point. Hah :)

Don't get me wrong, I like Kaesora. Spent a lot of time there solo as a shaman and enchanter and duo as a monk. Xp is nice, but I don't remember it being OMFGAMAZING compared to other dungeons at the same level. And the comparison to CoM doesn't really give CoM a fair shake. CoM mobs are higher level, so of course they are harder to kill, but they also will get you to 50 right near the entrance. Plus CoM is devoid of clerics, necros, mobs that poison you, etc., while those are all pretty abundant in Kaesora.

myxomatosii
01-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Criticism taken, I will be posting screenshots of an exp gain from a blue con before and after.

However there were some things I left out of the original post, which I will now list here.

1: A ~20,000 platinum staff drops from a mob downable by a group of mid 30s.
2: Its either the same distance, or barely further/closer than City of Mist from the EJ evac point.
3: A 1k Clr/Shm shield drops from the spiders in the zone.
4: The loot in the zone is largely dropped from random mobs in the zone. ie: other than the 20k staff camp, most of the loot in the zone drops as a random zone drop.

Now let me go get that screenshot.. if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I gotta find out myself!

joppykid
01-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Make it easy and download Duxa's UI where it actualy lists your exp as a %

Nordenwatch
01-22-2013, 09:52 PM
Kaesora's a great place to level for sure, I've been saying this forever. I solo-ed on my monk there as its nice when they don't run. The only shitty thing is sometimes clerics will heal through walls so you have to position carefully.

webrunner5
01-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Overthere users beware - if you want to keep your faction in tact you'll be avoiding Kaesora and Karnors (which is totally ridiculous...considering there's no dungeons that drop FV faction).

Howling Stones kills your OT faction also. Which is pretty crazy since you have to do a bit of killing in Kaesora to get the key to HS.

myxomatosii
01-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Make it easy and download Duxa's UI where it actualy lists your exp as a %

I really need to play around with UI mods, been playing all this time and still using the default lol.

khanable
01-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Went there recently for the first time. Had a ton of fun. You can add cucumbers to the list; would love to go back!

Urbanzkopf
01-23-2013, 08:48 AM
Kaesora is awesome, I duo'd on red last year with an enchanter as a mage, we pretty much started from the spiders and worked our way down to the library and then went back up to spiders and repeated that path, we both we from like 30-37 in a few hours, bearing in mind there was an exp bonus.. but I found that to be faster than the usual crap like MM.

Versus
01-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Cheers, OTW there now ;)

Versus
01-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Silly me. I thought undead wasn't supposed to flee @ low hp. Good exp, but I'm dead via a runner already, hoho

Itap
01-23-2013, 09:49 AM
I thought the same? Maybe it's worth posting a bug thread?

Slave
01-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Silly me. I thought undead wasn't supposed to flee @ low hp. Good exp, but I'm dead via a runner already, hoho

Depends on the mob. There are so many that don't run, that anyone who makes this a quick and fast rule, is often quick and dead.

myxomatosii
01-23-2013, 08:24 PM
In my experience, the floating ghosts seem to run pretty consistently, along with a few of the skeletons here and there. Sorta hard to predict but I'll start paying attention to patterns, on my monk.. I just punch.

myxomatosii
01-23-2013, 08:35 PM
Here's another.
Yay.

There is one with spiders :)

Nordenwatch
01-23-2013, 09:24 PM
The Warders (clerics) will run. All the ghosts will run. It seems only the non-cleric skeletons won't run, and I have no clue why this is.

Same as for crypt nameds, they all run when I don't think they should be... but I have no evidence to back this up.