PDA

View Full Version : Ducking around corners

Hugmukk
01-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Does anyone remember this from classic? When pulling a caster mob if you ran out of the line of site then ducked they would interrupt themselves and have to get line of site on you again to cast. I remember it very clearly but have never seen any mention of it. And it currently does not work here.

fadetree
01-24-2013, 02:36 PM
It's been mentioned. It doesn't work here as it did on live. Its quite an issue imo.

Slave
01-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Find some evidence and submit a bug report. Maybe it'll be in time for the next patch!

Ele
01-24-2013, 02:47 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29594&highlight=line+sight

falkun
01-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Yes it was classic, no it will not be implemented on this server. Players are much smarter than they were on Live is the reason that has been provided.

3/11/2011 Patch notes:
Rogean-Src-NPC's will now be able to finish casting a spell without line of sight, but will still be interrupted if out of range. They will still require line of sight to their target to begin the cast, and line of sight will still be checked for area effects.

Hugmukk
01-24-2013, 03:13 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29594&highlight=line+sight

That thread doesn't mention having to "duck" in order for the caster to interrupt itself. People who said NPC's who continue their casting while you run around a corner are completely correct. I'm sure the admins are doing what is best for the server in regards to this, but you could make the case MQing is exploitable here as well. Cornering the market on earth staffs and selling them for an outrageous price ect.

Ele
01-24-2013, 03:19 PM
That thread doesn't mention having to "duck" in order for the caster to interrupt itself. People who said NPC's who continue their casting while you run around a corner are completely correct. I'm sure the admins are doing what is best for the server in regards to this, but you could make the case MQing is exploitable here as well. Cornering the market on earth staffs and selling them for an outrageous price ect.

What are you talking about?

Are you using the word "duck" as in pressing the "D" key duck or "duck" as in escaping/dodging line of sight?

Are you saying that if you ran around the corner breaking LoS and pressed "D" that your action of "ducking" would cause the NPC caster to interrupt before the NPC finished casting?

Hugmukk
01-24-2013, 03:23 PM
What are you talking about?

Are you using the word "duck" as in pressing the "D" key duck or "duck" as in escaping/dodging line of sight?

Are you saying that if you ran around the corner breaking LoS and pressed "D" that your action of "ducking" would cause the NPC caster to interrupt before the NPC finished casting?

The title is a play on words, yes that's exactly what I mean