PDA

View Full Version : Sword of Morning vs. Wurmslayer

Slothslayer
01-26-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm a lvl 40 paladin. What do you guys think is best?

Danth
01-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Wurmslayer is slightly more damage per minute at 40. Sword of the Morning becomes better as a tank weapon as soon as it can proc, and eventually will outdamage Wurmslayer as well due to the Wurmslayer being too slow to make efficient use of the damage bonus. Given the sword's vastly cheaper price, that'd be my preference every time.

Of course a 200P Baton of Faith will outdamage either.

Danth

Draco519
02-24-2013, 04:02 PM
The sword of the mourning and the wurmslayer are both decent weapons but fact of the matter is sword of the mourning doesn't start proccing until 50. It's procs are great aggro, but flash of light and your casted stuns are still your best bet for getting/keeping aggro. The wurmslayer is nice and the price has gone down since it was nerfed to where it can only be worn in the primary hand, making it far less useful for warriors.

My vote goes to the wurmslayer until you get fiery avenger.

Castyel

Vadd
02-24-2013, 05:44 PM
first off, sword of mourning looks cooler....

falkun
02-25-2013, 08:24 AM
Wurmslayer is better DPS than SotM, however Baton of Faith is better than both and cheap as dirt. I personally plan on using BoF as my go-to weapon until I can turn in my FD (damn planes turn ins make me wait until 46 to complete my epic!), but I have a full compliment to keep my other weapon disciplines maximized (in case I get a Narandi's Lance in Velious).

Nirgon
02-25-2013, 12:05 PM
You have to stay closer to the mob and keep it blinded the entire time, not to mention if you run to grab a mob off someone what happens with a blinded mob.

Lorraine
02-25-2013, 12:30 PM
You have to stay closer to the mob and keep it blinded the entire time, not to mention if you run to grab a mob off someone what happens with a blinded mob.

You just need to stay within the blinded mobs hitbox. As long as you do that, it will stay there. No reason to keep it blinded constantly either. You can root it too.
As for adds, you can just retarget, unload a couple stuns, then get back on your original mob.
Or, you could like expect people to actually know wtf they should do in situations like that when they have adds (Let enchanter/bard handle them -- Root park ghetto CC if no enchanter/bard-- offtank if need be etc etc etc).
Also, if you have some mob that's beating on you while your tank is holding down another, you're supposed to run TOWARDS your tank and wait for them to pick it off you (ignoring the CC abilities classes have in EQ) and not the other way around.

captnamazing
02-25-2013, 02:39 PM
On a similar note: 37 warrior here. I've been doing Wurmy MH/Lammy OH and it's been quite effective for keeping aggro. When i hit 37 I picked up a SSOY and a Yak club(though the club won't proc till 40).

Basically, I know the Wurmy/Lammy combo deals a good deal more damage. I don't have any Dex gear now since I've replaced a couple items with cobalt, and I feel that my HFL unbuffed Dex of 97 isn't enough to get procs to hold aggro.

Anyway: for max threat: wurmy/lammy or yak/lammy or yak/yak?

thanks fellas

cs616
02-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Anyway: for max threat: wurmy/lammy or yak/lammy or yak/yak?

For pure aggro with no consideration toward DPS I would think the yak/yak would be your best option. On the war I played I used to always carry around two yaks in bags incase I wasn't able to keep aggro with my higher DPS weapons until he got a silken whip and sarnak hammer. With how little they cost there is really no reason not to have a couple if you don't have better aggro weapons.

capco
08-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Would a sword of morning for 300pp be worth it instead of paying market value for a BoF or Wurmslayer?