PDA

View Full Version : putting sro AC to rest...

iasus
01-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Talking with the druid in line infront of me today who was killin the AC ph in SRO. I tried to convince him to kill the PH at 11am so that he gets spawns at 9pm and 7am(2 spawns at night) and he refused because he said he tested it and said he's had the AC spawn during the day before and there's a small chance he'll spawn during the day. So I decided to bring this to the forums for an answer. Is he right? Am I right with saying he only spawns during the night hours? Who will win the Superbowl? Thoughts/rants???? What say you people of Norrath?!!

senna
01-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Ravens.

Also there was a big thread on this already in which the facts were layed out.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10492&highlight=Ancient+Cyclops

iasus
01-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Ravens also btw(from a steelers fan). That's the thing, was there a change or something? have the stars realigned recently to where the AC now spawns during the day?

nubera
01-26-2013, 07:39 PM
on live i camped him on my druid frequently and he did spawn during the day...just my 2 cents

fishingme
01-26-2013, 08:17 PM
I did the spawning him twice at night for two days, the spawn right after i stopped doing that, he spawned during the day

Vladesch
01-26-2013, 08:31 PM
The source code from live was posted in another thread and he only spawns at night. As for p1999 I don't know.

Having farmed him quite a lot on live I don't remember seeing him popping during the day.

Dweed
01-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Absolutely has spawned multiple times in the last month during the day.

RahlaeRuffian
01-27-2013, 04:23 AM
He spawns on time but he is also left up quite a bit...so he can be up during the day. Following the wiki worked for me.

eqravenprince
01-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Seen him spawn during the day and night. I just keep killing the same spawn point.

pharmakos
01-27-2013, 07:22 PM
supposedly a guildie of mine was doing the night spawn thing, got frustrated and started killing PHs any time.... got a daytime AC spawn pretty soon after that

-Catherin-
01-27-2013, 09:10 PM
guildie of mine got a daytime AC just a little while ago

Tecmos Deception
01-27-2013, 09:29 PM
You guys keep saying "during the day," but what does that mean? 6 am? 7 am? 8 am? 3 pm?

-Catherin-
01-27-2013, 09:48 PM
from the wiki:

In P99 Night is from 9pm to 7am game time and an in-game hour is approximately 3 minutes. This means if you kill the AC PH at 11am game time, it will spawn 10 in-game hours later (9pm). If no AC pops, the PH should be killed immediately, allowing the AC another chance to pop at 7am game-time.

however last AC popped at 5pm. so either the camp is broken and its spawning at all times right now or it never only spawned at night in the first place

Dezik
01-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Ravens? yea right, 49'ers are going to destroy them

Stoggieman
01-28-2013, 11:16 AM
9ers are going to destroy? hmm, not sure about that. But from what I understand the only reason the line is -4 is that there was a TON of preseason money on the 49ers to win it all. But, As a Ravens fan, I've got to pull for my boys.

Feralspec
01-28-2013, 12:50 PM
You guys keep saying "during the day," but what does that mean? 6 am? 7 am? 8 am? 3 pm?

i just think they mean ingame..

Burrito
01-28-2013, 01:08 PM
In P99 Night is from 9pm to 7am game time and an in-game hour is approximately 3 minutes. This means if you kill the AC PH at 11am game time, it will spawn 10 in-game hours later (9pm). If no AC pops, the PH should be killed immediately, allowing the AC another chance to pop at 7am game-time.

I've had AC spawn at both these times reliably following this exact quote over 8 times now. Unless the AC code magically changed in the past 4 weeks, you're good following this

Lagaidh
01-28-2013, 01:42 PM
The source code from live was posted in another thread and he only spawns at night. As for p1999 I don't know.

Having farmed him quite a lot on live I don't remember seeing him popping during the day.

I could have sworn it was daytime when I happened upon the AC in SRO during live...

Huh. Maybe it was one of those dusk or dawn times when it basically looks like day time anyway.

falkun
01-28-2013, 03:01 PM
The AC can be up during the day, but he spawns at night-time only, at least according to the code provided by SOE/Verant developers and used as fact for this server.

August
01-28-2013, 04:01 PM
I camped AC ~12 times leveling my ENC and I can say that the spawn information is not correct here. That code is from SOE/VERANT and if it is implemented here, it is implemented incorrectly.

I originally did camp the spawn so I got '2 spawns per night'. Then some dude was waiting in line and telling me I was an idiot because it was just the 30.6 minute timer and that's it.

So, I gave it a shot. I've had him spawn during the day numerous times, including like 11 AM 3 PM, etc.

Let me repeat that. I saw him SPAWN during the DAY. Not, he was UP during the day. I saw his ugly one-eyed face appear @ the PH spawn point DURING THE DAY.

So, if it's implemented similarly, it's broken / implemented wrong.

Lagaidh
01-28-2013, 04:17 PM
The AC can be up during the day, but he spawns at night-time only, at least according to the code provided by SOE/Verant developers and used as fact for this server.

Ah! That could explain it for sure.

I was L40. Kunark hadn't been out long. My wife finally had her own account and I was helping her cleric level up in SRO. We were harassing the undead when I saw a cyclops on the next hill.

"What the hell is that thing doing in here?" I thought. "There aren't any cyclopses in the desert."

When I got closer I could see it was "an ancient cyclops". Wait wait wait, Lag... That's the critter! That's the one! But isn't he supposed to be in Ocean o--HRARGH!

"Oh shit it's attacking me!"

I barked at my wife to zone, that I probably wasn't going to make it.

I got him down to about 55% and had to LoH... I wasn't buffed up... gear was bad... I kept fighting.

We begin doing a funny dance-for-two involving Root and Greater Healing and /sit.

After about 10 minutes, we look like Balboa and Creed at the end of the rematch... neither wants to die but one of us soon will. We barely have any HP to see in the bar and I'm out of mana.

*KRA*BOOM*
You gain experience!!

I can't remember the wizard's name as he came up over the dune while I was looting and said, "You are one lucky dwarf."

I remember feeling like I'd worked for it. This was super-early 2000. There weren't many folks in jboots that hadn't gotten them in Najena, or hadn't bought the MQ from a wizard or druid. I was damned proud of my jboots and could barely bring myself to transfer servers (when transfers left you naked on the new server) when my friends did.