PDA

View Full Version : Pyzjin etiquette???

medievalerror
01-27-2013, 06:37 PM
In old school EQ, I seem to recall whoever was camping the ruins (first come first serve) had a right to anything that spawned at the ruins (assuming it did not wander from the ruins). I have been camping Pyzjin and am running into folks stating that whoever pulls Pyzjin first has the right to her, no matter whether you camped the ruins. I understand if she wanders away from ruins that is another thing, but it seems to me that if you claimed the ruins and something spawns there (again, unless it wanders off) it is yours. Is this not the case on p99, or is it just an occasional arse who got there too late trying to turn it into a free-for-all? Basically, am I correct on the camping etiquette on this server? (I just started back a couple months ago, so forgive me if I am off base here).

Brut
01-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Gnomething ain't spawn at the ruins, just roams up there after a while. Methinks she has 4-5 different spawn points.

Ele
01-27-2013, 06:48 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3070

Pyzjin is a roaming outdoor spawn with multiple spawn points (see above thread)

Technically per server rules, it is FCFS on Pyzjin. However, if someone is clearing the PHs etiquette would say let the person have it, but if they want to push it they can.

Outdoor pathing mobs are not campable unless you are sitting at the spawn point and able to engage it instantly. Outdoor mobs on fast respawn such as HG and spectres, if you cannot engage immediately you do not hold the camp. Please try and share with fellow players in these instances. http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653

medievalerror
01-27-2013, 06:49 PM
That was why I was at the ruins, because I think she most often originates there (so you have to be there clearing the PHs). Thanks guys!

Kraftwerk
01-27-2013, 07:20 PM
That was why I was at the ruins, because I think she most often originates there (so you have to be there clearing the PHs). Thanks guys!

She will never originate at the ruins actually. There are 5 distinct spawn points that someone linked the post to I think, none are the ruins area. The most she does is path to them, then continue walking somewhere else.

medievalerror
01-27-2013, 07:54 PM
Good to know--thanks!

webrunner5
01-27-2013, 09:06 PM
She will never originate at the ruins actually. There are 5 distinct spawn points that someone linked the post to I think, none are the ruins area. The most she does is path to them, then continue walking somewhere else.

Pretty much what he said.

Captain Faceplant
01-27-2013, 11:58 PM
Pyzjin etiquette:

Step 1: Buy a Stein of Moggok for cheap, or roll a level 12 chanter (level 8 if DE) and get one
Step 2: Profit
Step 3: ???

medievalerror
01-31-2013, 12:15 AM
Actually, you can do the Stein quest with a level 4 dark elf (I have done it 8 times myself on this server, and I did it on Live at lvl 4 as well)...

joppykid
01-31-2013, 02:08 AM

She spawned at the ruins just the other night when I was there actually.

kaustik
01-31-2013, 09:02 AM
She spawned at the ruins just the other night when I was there actually.

She does not spawn in the ruins, there is 1 spawn near the ruins but she will NEVER spawn inside the ruins.

joppykid
01-31-2013, 11:20 AM
She must have patted there then cause she was inside the ruins

Haystacks
01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
If someone is camping it already I let them have it, which is the polite thing to do but not the rules. I saw her spawn the other night near the ruins kinda where that druid chick paths back and forth

Resheph
01-31-2013, 01:34 PM
If someone is camping it already I let them have it, which is the polite thing to do but not the rules. I saw her spawn the other night near the ruins kinda where that druid chick paths back and forth

This^

It's all about being polite, not rules. This is a very small server and EQ is a time-intensive game. Being an ass will make you enemies, unless you like to hang around others who will stab you in the back whenever it suits them. Being a decent person will get your name passed around in a much more productive manner...

binibren
01-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Oh Pyzjn.. Back in mid/late '99 I was at work one day reading about Pyzjn (on Everlore, I believe). When I went home I decided to go checkout the zone and see what it was all about. I was a 35ish wizard so it wasn't a big deal.. port to WK, walk for 8 years across the zone and head into Qeynos Hills. It took me a couple of minutes to get my bearings, walked over a hill or two near Blackburrow and there she was walking around the zone. I nuked her, looted and sure enough she had the GBS on her.

Let me tell you... I had NO IDEA how LUCKY I was to get a GBS that quickly. I would later hear about people camping for days, weeks, months. I had a fairly similar experience camping for the Ancient Cyclops in South Ro as well. Although there I think I camped for a "hellish" 60 mins or so. (!!)

Anyway, I wish you luck on that GBS. I went back later to try again but after many attempts and many hours I only saw her a few times and she never had the stone again. Good times, nonetheless.

tekniq
01-31-2013, 01:48 PM
let the sucker in the ruins have her. that's 1/5 spawn points....maybe 2/5 if the one from northeast corner makes it down before i kill her.

Kraftwerk
02-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Confirmed spawns inside ruins, camped this for 14 hours once. Wont mention that i didnt get dat stone sadface

Pyzjn will 100% of the time never spawn in the ruins. There are five spawn points, the cycle starts at 10pm and ends at 7am. The PH or Pyzjn spawns top of far NE hill, top of hill just west of ruins, next to small tree near fire near Surefall, south about 300m from Surefall and one in valley south 200m from ruins.

Those 5 are it, and only between 10pm and 7am, if Pyzjn is up at 7am it stays up. If any other PH it despawns then respawns at 10pm. One paths directly towards ruins, but never spawns in ruins. Doesn't matter if you've camped it 14 hours, 48 hours or 10 minutes. Pyzjn will never spawn inside the ruins on Project1999.

heartbrand
02-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Just kill whoever tries to take it... O wait

medievalerror
02-11-2013, 01:05 PM
I ended up finding her at the ruins, though I suspect she wandered there. She did in fact drop a GBS (FYI, this was about 2 weeks ago).

SamwiseRed
02-11-2013, 01:34 PM
on live it was considered a camp. i was warned i would be suspended if i pulled pz from the person killing PHs.