PDA

View Full Version : Hi all new player same name

tenkakahn
01-27-2013, 09:23 PM
My brother gave me his account because he went back to playing rift and dc universe. I currently have 270,858 platinum pieces. But every time I ask for his help on what to buy he says "ask the forums" don't bother me. So I was wondering if anyone would help me out I have tried to play 4 times and I just sit in the tunnel with everyone and haven't actually got to play yet. I have been buying all the cheap gear I can I will list it below I wanted to play a high elf caster maybe Mage but everyone refused to make me the chain mail armor that crafters make. So I guess I'm stuck with the level 43 monk I watched him play a few times and I think I can click auto attack and kick every few seconds then if I'm going to die click feign death and go afk until full life.

So my gear is:
Earring - golden amber earring x2
Helm - helm of rile
Face - sarnak hide mask
Chest - empty
Necklace - golden opal amulet
Arms - drake-hide sleeves
Cloak - empty
Shoulders - drolvarg mantle
Belt - red sash of order
Bracer - fire emerald golden bracelet / wolfs eye golden bracelet
Boots - kobold-hide boots
Charm - empty
Gloves - Wu's fighting gauntlets
Legs - raw silk leggings
Rings - platinum jacinth wedding ring
Primary - empty
Secondary - empty
Range - empty
Ammo - empty

Thanks for your help the only thing my brother said was to get a fungus covered tunic, a tranquil staff, and a cloak on fire. I have never seen any of those items whenever I get on so if anyone has some items I could use I will buy and if someone would let me know when I have enough gear to go party with people and maybe take me somewhere I would really appreciate it! Thanks for taking the time to read.

tenkakahn
01-27-2013, 09:25 PM
I couldn't figure out how to verify my account kept giving me bad links so I am just going to use his for the forums

Hailto
01-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Not sure if trolling...

Hailto
01-27-2013, 09:29 PM
Or if rmt

Twoberries
01-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Go back to Wow. It's obvious that even your brother doesn't like you.

edit: give me your stuff, then go back to WoW.

tenkakahn
01-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Classic responses much appreciated for the good information and tips!

zanderklocke
01-27-2013, 10:44 PM
If you have a lot of money to spend and are wondering what to get for the class you want to play, I suggest checking out the corresponding p99 wiki page for the corresponding class. It gives advice on what gear to get for your character. It's not a perfect guide, but it is useful.

Sarkhan
01-27-2013, 10:52 PM
You wanted to make a high elf caster, possibly mage, but couldn't get chain mail???

Not sure if trolling...

^ is an entirely accurate response...

If this were real, best thing you could do is keep that money in the bank, don't buy shit.. Start a high elf mage from scratch and don't give it any armor except what you get along the way. Eventually you'll learn and figure out what you need and don't need and that's when you use that plat that is in the bank.

Really, do yourself and everyone you group with a favour and learn the game first and you'll enjoy it a lot more.

webrunner5
01-28-2013, 06:13 AM
How did a 43 Monk get 270k of plat. I am doing something wrong here. :mad: And sad to say there is no way in hell you are going to start out playing a 43 Monk and do well. It is a hard class to play like it should be played.

SirAlvarex
01-28-2013, 10:29 AM
I suggest buying nothing and play a character from scratch. Learn the game before you end up spending 40k for a Circlet of Shadow or something.

liveitup1216
01-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Awww I heard eyepk say he was quitting, atleast his stuff won't rot. Just do what he said and make a forum post in EC to buy a fungi/haste/weapons and you'll be fine.

tenkakahn
01-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the idea ill just bump the caster high elf chain armor every couple of days until someone makes it while doing the weapon/haste/fungi and which ever wins that's what I will play first! Much easier than sitting in that tunnel getting auction spammed looking out and wondering what's out there.

As far as the plat goes my brother was the first person to buy cloak of fire for 90-100k and sold them for 130-150k made a killing lol! Did it for almost 3 weeks straight.

India
01-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the idea ill just bump the caster high elf chain armor every couple of days until someone makes it while doing the weapon/haste/fungi and which ever wins that's what I will play first! Much easier than sitting in that tunnel getting auction spammed looking out and wondering what's out there.

As far as the plat goes my brother was the first person to buy cloak of fire for 90-100k and sold them for 130-150k made a killing lol! Did it for almost 3 weeks straight.

Just so you know, casters cannot nor will they ever be allowed to wear chain in EQ :)

As many others have suggested, start a brand new char (mage if that's what you prefer) and level up. You'll learn what you can and can't do, can and can't wear, how to group, solo, etc. And have fun

tenkakahn
01-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Imbued eleven chain armor please stop telling me they can't its a real thing my god there's a population of any given time lets say 1,000 how can 200 or 20% of you be trolls and morons it makes no sense I can see why my brother said the community blows even though its highly likely the lowest populated emulator in the world.

Lagaidh
01-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Aw you shouldn't just out yourself that early. You were getting bites!

India
01-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Imbued eleven chain armor please stop telling me they can't its a real thing my god there's a population of any given time lets say 1,000 how can 200 or 20% of you be trolls and morons it makes no sense I can see why my brother said the community blows even though its highly likely the lowest populated emulator in the world.

Wow, you need to take a few deep breaths and calm down.
I was trying to help.
I don't believe imbued elven chain is in yet (and I totally forgot about that,, so sue me), though it's possible I'm wrong. Doesn't negate the fact that people, myself included, were trying to be nice to you.

You should know that the community overall is very good here, however, given your attitude I could see why and how you or your brother might not be experiencing the best people have to offer.

Good luck, I think you're going to need it.

falkun
01-28-2013, 02:40 PM
Imbued Elven Chain is in, I know of at least one crafter:
https://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88072

Mages really don't need a whole lot of gear, maybe get the MQs for the focus items. Then just stack INT and buy pet regents. Save the majority of that 270k for another class that can make more use of it, you'll waste it twinking out a mage that much.

Mage twinking:
Jboots
Focus items
Save cash

Glorindale
01-28-2013, 07:46 PM
I suggest buying nothing and play a character from scratch. Learn the game before you end up spending 40k for a Circlet of Shadow or something.

this

tenkakahn
01-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Just got off work I apologize for the snappy response also it's not a Mage that gets the pet my brother has told me its called an enchanter to take real monsters and use them against others i tried to play one with no items and it was horrible having to kill blue things until level 5 then having to wait for specific level spawns at the Orc hill is not entirely my way of playing an mmo. I wanted the chain armor to help me atleast bump the "noob" time down a few weeks at this rate.

I understand this can be a hard and or frustrating game which is why I tried enchanter they seem to have to pay the most attention to playing the game. However with the monk really guys its not rocket science you litterly click ONE button when solo and THREE while grouped. Solo = kick Group = kick feign death sneak I am sorry but it sounds like a 5 year old could do this I don't understand why everyone is so quick to flame " do it legit because I had to" most of the people who say that were/are the ones begging for items and plat.

Why are most of you so quick to judge if my brother worked hard for this money why can't I enjoy it? Do you judge your parents if you are younger that they are stupid or morons for giving you money/items that they worked hard to gain? Do you judge your kids if you are older for being stupid or morons because they ask you for money/items? Do you judge your siblings if you have any like me for helping you out giving you money/items? Examples USD / iPhone

I am just wondering because it appears all people do is ask me to give them money or items when I don't they call me a idiot or a moron because I didn't earn this all myself and have no idea how to play the game when as stated above its 3 buttons at most to click.

Tecmos Deception
01-28-2013, 08:38 PM
But every time I ask for his help on what to buy he says "ask the forums" don't bother me.

orly?

[Fri Jan 25 19:17:34 2013] Eyepk -> Tecmos: got a minute?
[Fri Jan 25 19:18:05 2013] Tecmos -> eyepk: maybe
[Fri Jan 25 19:18:39 2013] Eyepk -> Tecmos: was just wondering real fast im making an enchanter my brother gave me this account and dont want to take over his character i was wondering does CHA affect mezzes or only charm?
[Fri Jan 25 19:19:09 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: I am not 100&PCT; positive, but I am quite certain charisma reduces the chance of a mez to be resisted
[Fri Jan 25 19:19:53 2013] Eyepk -> Tecmos: cool so best bet to start out would to just have someone make me the crafted armor i guess any idea on rings/earrings/weapons with cha?
[Fri Jan 25 19:20:43 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: go google "p1999 wiki" - on mainpage, on the left side, click the equipment button - then do enchanter equipment
[Fri Jan 25 19:20:57 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: You can look at every slot of gear and sort by charisma high to low and see what piece you can afford, etc
[Fri Jan 25 19:21:12 2013] Eyepk -> Tecmos: cool thanks never would have known
[Fri Jan 25 19:21:32 2013] Eyepk -> Tecmos: well my brother left me about 270k think that should be enough?
[Fri Jan 25 19:21:39 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: lol
[Fri Jan 25 19:22:00 2013] Eyepk -> Tecmos: all the items i have seen yesterday and today that look cool people want 10's if not 100's of thousands for one item
[Fri Jan 25 19:22:09 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: My advice is to set yourself a budget of, I'd say 30k
[Fri Jan 25 19:22:26 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: Ok. Spend 30k as well as you can to get the maxmimum charisma/int/hp/ac in that order
[Fri Jan 25 19:22:31 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: Then level to 50+
[Fri Jan 25 19:22:44 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: THEN after that, you will know what you are doing and know if you want to/should spend the rest of that money
[Fri Jan 25 19:23:05 2013] Eyepk -> Tecmos: awesome
[Fri Jan 25 19:23:22 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: I am wearing under 100k in gear, and 2/3 of that is only 3 items, and it works just fine at 60
[Fri Jan 25 19:23:41 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: I really REALLY recommend you dont spend more than 30-50k until you've played a while and know what is valuable and what is not and if you're getting ripped off and such
[Fri Jan 25 19:24:17 2013] Eyepk -> Tecmos: well i was just going to treat the crafting like in other mmo's i would just go buy the guy the ingredients lol then pay per minute etc
[Fri Jan 25 19:25:28 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: eh, you could wear some crafted stuff on an enchanter but it is easy to find charisma and int gear without that
[Fri Jan 25 19:25:34 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: Definitely check out the wiki
[Fri Jan 25 19:25:52 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: http://wiki.project1999.org/Category:Enchanter_Equipment
[Fri Jan 25 19:26:29 2013] Eyepk -> Tecmos: the crafted stuff doesnt look expensive at all i looked at the ingredient prices and every piece has +2cha with high AC
[Fri Jan 25 19:26:37 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: Go there and sort each slot by charisma (or int if there is nothign in the slot with cha). Put together your wish list with 30-50k and buy that stuff up
[Fri Jan 25 19:26:55 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: The point of high charisma though is so that your charm doesnt break often, and then you dont even need ac cause your pet is what is getting hit
[Fri Jan 25 19:27:36 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: A Crude Stein, Rod of Insidious Glamour, Golden Cat Eye Bracelet x2, Opalline Earring x2. Im wearing all this stuff at 60 and able to solo most of the highest level dungeons
[Fri Jan 25 19:27:38 2013] Eyepk -> Tecmos: worst game ever to try to get into LOL everything is so complicated rofl
[Fri Jan 25 19:27:43 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: And that gear is all super cheap
[Fri Jan 25 19:28:19 2013] Eyepk -> Tecmos: nice do you make any of that gear?
[Fri Jan 25 19:28:51 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: No. 99&PCT; of gear in the game drops from NPCs. THere is crafted stuff but its not common like it can be in other mMOs
[Fri Jan 25 19:29:11 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: To buy gear you can go to the p99 forums and post what you want to buy in the "East Commonlands tunnel" area
[Fri Jan 25 19:29:20 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: Or you can go to the EC zone in game and /auction what you want to buy
[Fri Jan 25 19:29:49 2013] Eyepk -> Tecmos: thats the first thing i tried to do this morning but the email gives bad link to make it so i can post =p
[Fri Jan 25 19:29:52 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: If you want to get some good info, read around on the wiki more than that equipment site. There are guides for newbies and guides for enchanters and guides for soloing and stuff that can help a new player out
[Fri Jan 25 19:32:23 2013] Eyepk -> Tecmos: could i just make a level 1 and craft up to the level it takes to make this stuff?
[Fri Jan 25 19:32:34 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: Yes, but it would be a painful process
[Fri Jan 25 19:32:40 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: Did you play wow?
[Fri Jan 25 19:32:58 2013] Eyepk -> Tecmos: meh more played Rift but after so many like skill level 20 i would have to go level to 5 to go higher
[Fri Jan 25 19:33:20 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: Ya know, Im not sure if that is an issue on here. It might be, Ive never done tradeskills much
[Fri Jan 25 19:33:29 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: The trick about crafting here
[Fri Jan 25 19:33:45 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: It costs a LOT of money to get jewelcrafting or blacksmithing or whatever high enough to make something worth actually ewaring
[Fri Jan 25 19:33:55 2013] Tecmos -> Eyepk: It is MUCH cheaper to just buy the stuff premade from someone

Freaking ingrate.

tenkakahn
01-28-2013, 08:48 PM
Don't understand you helped I thanked you I said 20% of people in original rant and apologized thanks again for taking the time to talk to me still looking for the crafted stuff =]

Tecmos Deception
01-28-2013, 08:50 PM
:p

tenkakahn
01-28-2013, 08:53 PM
I have read and see what enchanters should use but if I can't find 3 items to make this monk playable for a noob I can only imagine how many months finding 13 specific items would take when 1 person could make 13 items in < 1 hour.

gotrocks
01-29-2013, 12:59 AM
I really wish you posted this in RnF so that I didn't have to be nice in this post.

I rarely find someone I truly feel like tearing into, but you sir should feel special because you've definitely sparked my interest.

I'm just going to keep this simple, because you don't sound very intelligent, and also seem like an ass.

I really don't think this is the game for you. It takes lots of patience, time, and learning. It is far from just 'clicking auto attack and pushing three buttons'. Please save yourself, your groups, and the community some time/grief, and just quit now. You are going to get tired of the game before level 20.

All that being said, if you are truly determined to waste your time, here is my suggestion: Start an enchanter from scratch, do not buy any gear, and level up. If you hit level 10 and decide you want to keep playing, spend a couple thousand on charisma gear to get you to 200 charisma so you can charm better at level 12.

As a caster, there isn't a whole lot you can do to 'make those levels go by faster', and frankly, if you're already getting tired of leveling from 1-20, you are not going to stick with it until level 40-50-60. An enchanter isn't going to benefit that much from 100k or 200k, or even 10k, so you might as well save your money. Like I said, if you hit level 10-12 and still want to play, get some charisma gear and keep going.

Your attitude sucks. Some people on here won't care, most will. If you want to play here, I suggest dropping the "im cool cause my brother gave me an account, i know how to play you're all idiots i just need items to be good". I really can't overstate this enough. People with shitty attitudes learn very quickly that the EQ community is awesome if you're awesome to the eq community.

My #1 piece of advice for your new character is this: act like a normal human being, instead of a sexually repressed 15-year old child. If you do this and roll an enchanter, you will go far. But again, I'm fairly certain you're going to get bored before level 20 and give up and say this game and all the people on it are shit.

As a side note, you prove your shining ignorance by saying monks are easy characters that a child could play. You obviously know nothing about this game, and would do well to sit down and listen to people who know more than you if you are really interested in being good. Wise men shut their mouths and listen, and only speak once they've learned as much as they can. Good luck.

Lexical
01-29-2013, 01:17 AM
I really wish you posted this in RnF so that I didn't have to be nice in this post.

I rarely find someone I truly feel like tearing into, but you sir should feel special because you've definitely sparked my interest.

I'm just going to keep this simple, because you don't sound very intelligent, and also seem like an ass.

I really don't think this is the game for you. It takes lots of patience, time, and learning. It is far from just 'clicking auto attack and pushing three buttons'. Please save yourself, your groups, and the community some time/grief, and just quit now. You are going to get tired of the game before level 20.

All that being said, if you are truly determined to waste your time, here is my suggestion: Start an enchanter from scratch, do not buy any gear, and level up. If you hit level 10 and decide you want to keep playing, spend a couple thousand on charisma gear to get you to 200 charisma so you can charm better at level 12.

As a caster, there isn't a whole lot you can do to 'make those levels go by faster', and frankly, if you're already getting tired of leveling from 1-20, you are not going to stick with it until level 40-50-60. An enchanter isn't going to benefit that much from 100k or 200k, or even 10k, so you might as well save your money. Like I said, if you hit level 10-12 and still want to play, get some charisma gear and keep going.

Your attitude sucks. Some people on here won't care, most will. If you want to play here, I suggest dropping the "im cool cause my brother gave me an account, i know how to play you're all idiots i just need items to be good". I really can't overstate this enough. People with shitty attitudes learn very quickly that the EQ community is awesome if you're awesome to the eq community.

My #1 piece of advice for your new character is this: act like a normal human being, instead of a sexually repressed 15-year old child. If you do this and roll an enchanter, you will go far. But again, I'm fairly certain you're going to get bored before level 20 and give up and say this game and all the people on it are shit.

As a side note, you prove your shining ignorance by saying monks are easy characters that a child could play. You obviously know nothing about this game, and would do well to sit down and listen to people who know more than you if you are really interested in being good. Wise men shut their mouths and listen, and only speak once they've learned as much as they can. Good luck.
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs5/3554370_o.gif

gotrocks
01-29-2013, 01:30 AM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs5/3554370_o.gif

lol go away lex i just watched lion king with my kids yesterday and timon is a player.

also,

:thumbsup:

tenkakahn
01-29-2013, 01:58 AM
My apologizes oh great exalted one got rocks could you please enlighten me on what other buttons a monk presses? Besides of course wasd, I would really appreciate it and could use a great master of the arts such as yourself to guru me!

Lexical
01-29-2013, 02:06 AM
My apologizes oh great exalted one got rocks could you please enlighten me on what other buttons a monk presses? Besides of course wasd, I would really appreciate it and could use a great master of the arts such as yourself to guru me!

Let's put it this way kid. You only push one button for go on the computer, but that doesn't make it easy.

gotrocks
01-29-2013, 02:17 AM

fail. but good try.

Faron
01-29-2013, 02:39 AM
Hasn't even rolled a char yet and already hated. Gotta be a record.

tenkakahn
01-29-2013, 03:17 AM
You sir I must apology to I talked to a 60 monk in game and he told me that's all the buttons he presses. But I think I understand where you are coming from it must have to deal with my real life knowledge of the game and my real life enthusiasm that will determine how well my character does. Are there any classes I can take to better my knowledge of the game so my character will fight better in game? PLEASE let me know!!

gotrocks
01-29-2013, 03:50 AM
I'll bite again, on the off chance you are really trying to learn.

What you said about monks is partially true. In general, there's only a few buttons you will be pushing, not including clicky's, discs, etc (if you really did talk to a monk and he only pushes 3 buttons... he's shit at this game). But there is a *lot* more to the monk class than just pushing those buttons. As a tank/puller they have to be more aware than any other character in a group/raid. They have to know exactly what is going on at all times and react accordingly. It is not an easy class to play.

That being said, the only way to learn how to play the game is to play the game. My previous rant did give you advice on what to do. If you really think you want to play EQ, enchanter is not a bad class to start with. You will learn fast and die fast. But eventually if you learn from your mistakes you'll become one of the best solo classes in the game, highly desirable in groups, and have plenty to do in raids.

Do what I said and get to level 10 before you blow a bunch of cash. If you decide you like the game, spend a few thousand on some charisma items to get to 200 and go from there. By charm solo'ing, you'll be able to XP pretty quickly and have fun doing it.

Good luck, and don't tell anyone your characters name - you likely already have a bad rep from this thread alone. I think everyone deserves a second chance. Sometimes even a third or fourth.

tenkakahn
01-29-2013, 04:03 AM
Oh I get it at level 43 I need to be raid pulling? Also for tanking where do I train taunt my character doesn't have it? What about pulling what other buttons besides feign death and sneak do I press? You bore me to sleep I shall try my auctions again tomorrow night night!

PS +50,000 to that total won a gamble in EC woot woot!!

Eyepk (new)

Hailto
01-29-2013, 04:14 AM
Good luck finding your cloak on fire bro. Im fairly certain you're just rmt now and not trolling, regardless i regret reading this thread.

joppykid
01-29-2013, 04:18 AM
Dredge?

gotrocks
01-29-2013, 04:27 AM
Oh I get it at level 43 I need to be raid pulling? Also for tanking where do I train taunt my character doesn't have it? What about pulling what other buttons besides feign death and sneak do I press? You bore me to sleep I shall try my auctions again tomorrow night night!

PS +50,000 to that total won a gamble in EC woot woot!!

Eyepk (new)

You're being intentionally thick. I've tried to help you. You don't want help, you want to act like a child. Goodnight, and good luck. You're going to need it.

Or not, because this is just a troll.

Taffan
01-29-2013, 04:45 AM
Besides of course wasd

True EQ vets only use numpad to move and play in first person mode. :cool:

Onshuu
01-29-2013, 08:46 AM
I even hate the way you type. Get off my EvarQuazt.

webrunner5
01-29-2013, 10:11 AM
I think the OP needs to just go away like his brother did. They both seem to have a shitty attitude. And we really don't need people buying shit in the tunnel and trying to raise the prices just because they can to make themselves a bunch of quick plat..

Snagglepuss
01-29-2013, 12:36 PM
Welcome back sk8ter gnome! I knew you'd find a way to recreate a classic EQ farce!

Slave
01-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Welcome back sk8ter gnome! I knew you'd find a way to recreate a classic EQ farce!

Skatergnome actually very funny. Obvious troll just stupid and depressing.

/thread

tenkakahn
01-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Your tried to help me by ilsulting me, never answering my questions, lying to me, and by telling me that my real life knowledge of the game will affect how well my character auto attacks and kicks? Do you even read what you type or because you have been trolling so long that you have in fact forgot you yourself are a troll? I really don't care at this point as I read in another thread by I think it was "taratheil" or some sort that the forums is actually more fun than the game it self.

Lets put it this way at 1,000 peak population you can safely say there are <3,000 total players which makes it the lowest populated emulator in the world of gaming emulation. Yet you still find yourself with less plat than me and can never find yourself in the top 1% of players so you try to take it out on newer people like me. It is completely understandable that if I personally put so much time and effort into the least played game in the world and could still not be one of the best I too would be a very angry and mean person.

Get the fuck off my post and go play with someone else's time I got all the information I needed can lock this thread and let this cry baby rage that he can't repost accusing me of any more false accusations!

joppykid
01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
I think the OP needs to just go away like his brother did. They both seem to have a shitty attitude. And we really don't need people buying shit in the tunnel and trying to raise the prices just because they can to make themselves a bunch of quick plat..