PDA

View Full Version : Solo Monk

drivett
01-28-2013, 09:44 AM
I know this question has been asked before probably hundreds of times but I have a level 22 monk that I'm trying to level up. Can anyone suggest any solo spots from this level up. Mostly non populated spots because I know most of the populated spots and they are always to full at the time of day I can get on and play. Please tell me what level, what zone and exactly what I should kill in the zone. Any help is greatly appreciated. If it I your secret spot you can PM me so the world doesn't know.

Thanks

Itap
01-28-2013, 09:55 AM
I prefer Lake of Ill Omen for that level. You can start around the Windmill and eventually work your way to the Sarnak fort. The zone has been pretty popular lately so you should have no trouble finding people to group up with if you get tired of soloing

Mathiasaurus
01-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Hey, I'm currently 32 right now and have soloed the entire way. I was using a Wu's Quivering Staff at this level and am a low end twink (Have some Wu's and what not. The rest is filled out by the Burynai set from Kurns.)

At level 22-24 (maybe 23, I did it in a weekend) I was killing the adventurers at the tower in LoIO. Purchase some Throwing Stars and Bandages (I used a bag of each every 2 levels) and get those jerks solo.

24-26/27 - Moved over to Warslik Woods. There are some ruins with Bandits near Bandit Lake. Split and murder just like the Adventurers. I also killed some giants here and then. Try to avoid the Evergreens because they'll bash your face in with their massive giant like fists.

28-32 (Might do 33 there as well) - Warslik Woods. Kill the Brutes next to Dalnir Entrance. Pretty awesome experience.

I did 20-32 in a weekend. Probably a little over 1 day /played.

drivett
01-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the reply's. Please keep them coming.

Manwith
01-29-2013, 03:22 PM
http://wiki.project1999.org/A_wooly_mammoth

There's a vendor right nearby so you won't have weight issues really. Tusks are decent plat and you'll have EF pretty much all to yourself other than the occasional wizzy killing giants. Plenty of open space for instill doubt too. GL.

*Also just a side-note: late teens to early 20's monks wanting to solo should try DE guards in Nek forest. Yeah the guards at the bridge take a while to respawn but you can fill the gaps in with stone/iron guardians which traipse around near the Lavastorm zoneline along with the standalone guard there. Bronze swords off the lower level guards and regular long swords off the higher ups will compensate for the lackluster loot off the guardians. Added to that, you can work on split pulling while at the bridge. That said, try not to ragequit when fd fails and the dragoon ganks you. Just remember, the newb inkies were standing by cheering you on, not him.

drivett
02-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Ok some great places so far. Im level 32 now. Please give out some awesome solo places like before. Id like the not so crowded places please :)

tommydgun
02-01-2013, 04:53 PM
you did 22-32 in 3 days? where have u been soloing? ive been grouping in HHK and ive been playing 6-12 each day and have been doing a level or two per day depending on quality of group which is much slower... im level 27 now where were u then?

edit: from 6pm to 12am that is so 6 hours

also is this a guide for an iksar monk specifically? because im human

drivett
02-03-2013, 04:13 PM
I followed mathaisaurus's recomendation. the brutes are amazing exp

Thulack
02-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Sell me your brute hides :)

Mathiasaurus
02-05-2013, 11:17 AM
34-40 try out the gnolls outside of Splitpaw. They all should be single pulls and there is a zone in (Splitpaw) not too far away.

It should be less contested than HHK and there is also bandage merchants in North Karana