PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes, Saturday June 12th, 2010

Rogean
06-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Mixxit/Nilbog/Bumamgar: Happy we'll be beyond the sea..... (Boats now implemented)
Rogean: For an accurate display of developers working on boats, see: http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings/

Code

Due to unrelated issues, the following changes were removed until next patch.
<del>Haynar: As requested, the range for pets to attack was checked and found to be set to a higher value that is present on live. As a consequence of this investigation, it was found that the pet mechanics for attacking were not implemented to resemble live behavior. This has now been remedied. Telling a pet to attack a mob that is at a greater than its attack range, will cause the pet to wait until the mob gets close enough. Make sure you keep control of your pets.</del>
<del>Haynar: Pets guarding will now face the nearest NPC.</del>
<del>Haynar: Line of Sight is no longer required for the Alliance and Bind Sight lines of spells.</del>
<del>Haynar: Movement speed buffs will not longer stack their speed effects. Only the buff with the highest value will be applied. Sorry Bards, no loving for you this week, but no more stacking SoW with Selo’s.</del>
<del>Haynar: Spells with snare effects will now negate any effects due to movement speed buffs.</del>
<del>Haynar: Stunned mobs will no longer jump, warp, or go out of range while stunned. If you find cases where this is not the case, please give details on how to reproduce. I tested many combinations getting this to work.</del>

Content

Nilbog: Bat wings will no longer be for sale.. anywhere.
Nilbog: Removed various invisible npcs that shouldn't exist.
Nilbog: Smithing combine for large brick of medium quality ore made using a block will now yield 2 bricks.
Nilbog: You may no longer combine tarnished weapons with water to produce ore. These recipes have been removed.
Nilbog: Meat Pie will now combine properly.
Nilbog: Blyle Bundin now has pathing. He will also drop his head 100% of the time.
Nilbog: Kanthuk Ogrebane will no longer spawn.
Nilbog: Ryshon Hunsti will no longer spawn.
Nilbog: Pixie Dust #1 quest will now work.
Nilbog: Warbone chips will no longer drop.
Nilbog: The Rat Patrol quest from Jeet will now require 4 giant rat pelts.
Nilbog: The Brother Estle portion of Blessed Oil quest will now work.
Aeolwind: Added Capt Surestout back to the spawn table in OOT.
Aeolwind: Disabled the "lesser" spirit portion of Capt Surestouts script till Kunark.
Aeolwind: Removed the newbie armor items from Gundl, Glynn, Glynda & Barma in Butcherblock.
Aeolwind: (via Nilbog). Goblin champ will once again path correctly

Zordana
06-12-2010, 01:23 PM
woot boats!

Odds_against_me
06-12-2010, 01:26 PM
WEWT BOATS

L2Phantom
06-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Boobs!

Nikon
06-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Mixxit: Happy we'll be beyond the sea..... (Boats now implimented)
Rogean: For an accurate display of developers working on boats, see: http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings/

Haynar: Stunned mobs will no longer jump, warp, or go out of range while stunned. If you find cases where this is not the case, please give details on how to reproduce. I tested many combinations getting this to work.

Awesome. Thanks.

Deathrydar
06-12-2010, 01:30 PM
OMG OMG OMG BOATS

Deathrydar
06-12-2010, 01:32 PM
First thing I am doing is running to Qeynos and getting on the boat so I can hear the boat midi. In three weeks, my fiancee will be walking down the isle to that music!

Ceridain
06-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Mixxit: Happy we'll be beyond the sea..... (Boats now implimented)

@Rogean: LoL, if that's true, boy are we in trouble ;P

@Devs: BOATS W00t!! Oh man, can't wait. When I first heard about P99, one of my original goals was to ride all the boats since I never did in Live... seems nows the time! Thanks guysss!!

Anyone down for a party on the EFP boat?

Ceridain
06-12-2010, 01:43 PM
First thing I am doing is running to Qeynos and getting on the boat so I can hear the boat midi. In three weeks, my fiancee will be walking down the isle to that music!

No way!! Think you found a keeper ;D

Gorgetrapper
06-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I applaud the man kiting the Shady Swashbuckler around so people couldn't buy bat wings before the patch went into effect.

Molitoth
06-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I applaud the man kiting the Shady Swashbuckler around so people couldn't buy bat wings before the patch went into effect.

rofl

Kimmie
06-12-2010, 01:55 PM

All the classy shoppers get their wings from Katha Firespinner anyway.

jilena
06-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Viking Kittens.

Uaellaen
06-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Haynar: As requested, the range for pets to attack was checked and found to be set to a higher value that is present on live. As a consequence of this investigation, it was found that the pet mechanics for attacking were not implemented to resemble live behavior. This has now been remedied. Telling a pet to attack a mob that is at a greater than its attack range, will cause the pet to wait until the mob gets close enough. Make sure you keep control of your pets.

The pet attack range on live has been reduced years ago ...

------------------------------
May 8, 2002 3:00 am

- /pet attack range has been limited to prevent its use as a targeting
tool.

June 12, 2002
- Restored the range limit on /pet attack

Those 2 are the only official patch messages i could find, but the pet range has definatly been more then 150 feet (wich is the standard EQEmu setting), Of course the live patch notes do not include freakign VALUES .. i hate patch notes ><

But the pet range has definatly larger then Bows / Throwing weapons, wich go beyong 250 feet currently ...

girth
06-12-2010, 02:13 PM
OMG NOS MY BATWING CRUNCHIES

Gorgetrapper
06-12-2010, 02:26 PM
You also realize, the dates of those patch notes are past luclin, right?

Kirdan
06-12-2010, 02:27 PM
All the classy shoppers get their wings from Katha Firespinner anyway.

Naturally, who wants to buy from a guy named "Shady" anyways?

frefaln
06-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Sweet mother of Rallos Zek! Boats!!! TY TY TY TY.

Gonna ride a boat pronto.

Uaellaen
06-12-2010, 02:34 PM
You also realize, the dates of those patch notes are past luclin, right?

You talking to me? Yeah i do realize that, please find better refferences when the pet attack range was changed, because it was 100% certainly NOT this small as it is right now. I am mage since 1999.

darwinain
06-12-2010, 02:37 PM
We used to use the /pet attack thing back in Velious to check on spawns like Zlandicar etc.

Jify
06-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Mixxit/Nilbog/Bumamgar/Rogean: Plane of Sky is now open!

/dream

kariden
06-12-2010, 02:43 PM
just curious on why batwings are removed from all vendors. pretty sure i remember buying them in classic

Deathrydar
06-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Why are the Translocators still in the game?

Phallax
06-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Good patch, havnt seen the boat yet since TL were left still use em!

Sidenote: When will Shrink be fixed for hybrid zones like MM, Unrest, and CT? And as some claim, that im not 100% on was hybrid, HHK?

Zordana
06-12-2010, 02:59 PM
<del>Haynar: As requested, the range for pets to attack was checked and found to be set to a higher value that is present on live. As a consequence of this investigation, it was found that the pet mechanics for attacking were not implemented to resemble live behavior. This has now been remedied. Telling a pet to attack a mob that is at a greater than its attack range, will cause the pet to wait until the mob gets close enough. Make sure you keep control of your pets.</del>

Pets never had any kind of range in classic (neither in kunark)!
If you had the target, you could send your pet, no matter where the target was or how far the pet was away from you!
The only evidence is a patch note from May 8, 2002 3:00 am

- /pet attack range has been limited to prevent its use as a targeting
tool.

"Limited" not "decreased". Meaning the /pet attack always worked without a range limitation until this date in 2002

Even if im not completly sure on this, there is a thing im 100% sure.
Until at last kunark, you could just send the pet MINIMUM at a range which was out of sight (with clip plane 100%, without fog, on daytime). Meaning you click on a target, run far away that you cant see that target anymore and then send your pet in and it would attack. So if there is no proof on the exact range, please increase the range at last to the clip plane, to get closer to the classic behavior

mixxit
06-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Why are the Translocators still in the game?

We thought we would give you all chance to test the boats before removing them. It's such a pain to travel long distances we didn't want to inconvenience you any more in the case of any issues :-)

Haynar
06-12-2010, 03:53 PM
I think standing at zone in, using /pet attack Ghoul Lord, then having pet run across entire zone, allowing you to log before the train gets back to you, would be a major exploit.

But, how I remember it working, you could do /pet attack Ghoul_Lord000, and if mob was up, pet would say Attacking Ghoul Lord Master!, and if mob was not up, pet would say nothing.

I never remember a pet running across the zone, to attack something, just because you were able to target it, and use /pet attack.

I believe there was a time, you could tell pet to attack, and assist your pet, to get a target on the mob

I think changing /pet attack behavior, to specifically exploit and grief is a bad idea.

Haynar

Zordana
06-12-2010, 04:00 PM
I think standing at zone in, using /pet attack Ghoul Lord, then having pet run across entire zone, allowing you to log before the train gets back to you, would be a major exploit.

But, how I remember it working, you could do /pet attack Ghoul_Lord000, and if mob was up, pet would say Attacking Ghoul Lord Master!, and if mob was not up, pet would say nothing.

I never remember a pet running across the zone, to attack something, just because you were able to target it, and use /pet attack.

I believe there was a time, you could tell pet to attack, and assist your pet, to get a target on the mob

I think changing /pet attack behavior, to specifically exploit and grief is a bad idea.

Haynar

yeah, we wouldnt want that exploit, but you can make a difference between "/pet attack" and "/pet attack target"
you cannot "/target" over a far range, and "/pet attack target" should work like "/target" with also the casters range to the target

and like i said.. even if not exact value like classic, you should increase the range way more, cause its annoying to be honest to always have to be _almost_ in aggro range to have /pet attack work :)

matahari
06-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the Kick-Ass Patch!

Awesomeness x 1000!

Jify
06-12-2010, 04:22 PM
This used to be a viable way to pull named in CoM actually.. Instead of clearing to the top for the magician epic, you'd /targ Neh, and then /pet attack, /assist pet.

Wala. You've got your epic mob otw!

Bumamgar
06-12-2010, 04:42 PM
You could pet attack then assist pet to get Neh on target. But THEN you still had to fire off a bolt to actually agro her.

girth
06-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Another example of something non classic for the 'integrity of the server'. When will lore items on corpses join this group? :(

Lazortag
06-12-2010, 04:46 PM
# Haynar: Movement speed buffs will not longer stack their speed effects. Only the buff with the highest value will be applied. Sorry Bards, no loving for you this week, but no more stacking SoW with Selo’s.

pssh, my Agi is so high anyway that I never notice when those nerdy druids add SoW to my (drummed) Selo's.

BuzWeaver
06-12-2010, 04:48 PM
just curious on why batwings are removed from all vendors. pretty sure i remember buying them in classic

I'm curious as well. The ability to buy bat wings, as innocuous as it may seem, was always a part of the classic game I remember well.

Haynar
06-12-2010, 05:04 PM
This used to be a viable way to pull named in CoM actually.. Instead of clearing to the top for the magician epic, you'd /targ Neh, and then /pet attack, /assist pet.

Wala. You've got your epic mob otw!
But you had to be close enough in the x/y direction. It was not dependent on Z. So you did not have to have someone to open locked doors. But you could not do it from the zone in. You had to be wthin a certain proximity.

It was the pet pulling as an SK or Necro that I liked most though.

Haynar

Haynar
06-12-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm curious as well. The ability to buy bat wings, as innocuous as it may seem, was always a part of the classic game I remember well.
I though bat wings were always available, but only in out of the way locations. I can't remember though.

Haynar

Uaellaen
06-12-2010, 05:43 PM

Haynar

Im not saying trought the whole zone!! You were able to send it a large distance thou, i would say 500 feet.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.html?id=12918 (found by Gorroth)

My pet has a longer attack range then I do, it works well to use /pet attack <name> and then you don't have to bother targeting anyone. That works well if you don't care who gets attacked or who might add.

This is currently not the case, i will try to find more evidence np.

Haynar
06-12-2010, 06:00 PM
I don't know what the attack range used to be in classic. There were other issues with the code with respect to that. All I had to compare with range wise, was what is currently live.

Haynar

Deathrydar
06-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Will translocators be taken out? No one is going to wait for a boat when two translocators spawn in the time it takes to wait for a boat.

Wildir
06-12-2010, 06:09 PM
I know for sure you could allways buy batwings at the inn in east commonlands right at the WC zoneline, this was for sure in classic. I am not sure why they were taken out here.

Wildir

Gorgetrapper
06-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Provide your proof instead of saying "I KNOW IT WAS IN CLASSIC I SWEAR!"

mixxit
06-12-2010, 06:38 PM
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.games.everquest/browse_thread/thread/390e9c5970ba145a/29ab35413b11831?hl=en&q=%22bat+wings%22+group:alt.games.everquest#029ab3 5413b11831
22 July 1999, 08:00
Donavan <donavan...@cs.com> wrote in message

news:7n4i2b$ghr$1@ssauraac-i-1.production.compuserve.com...
> Noticed your sig thought I let you in on something: If you got to the
> Freeport mage guild, in the top room there is a merchant who sells bat
> wings. She seems to have an unlimited supply (Bought well over 200 at
> once

Thanks for the information. I have looked there before, but didn't know
which vendor had them. Thought I had checked all of them, but obviously
not. I'll go look again.
Thanks,
--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Faeri Min
28th level druid
Mithaniel Marr
Will bind for the heck of it
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Maybe some

nilbog
06-12-2010, 06:42 PM
There were many merchants prior to the patch that sold bat wings. Many.

I'm not a bat wing aficionado, and it was easy as 1 click to get rid of all of them.

If they should exist on vendors, I just need a list of which ones, and I will fix them for next patch. .

Wildir
06-12-2010, 07:09 PM
sorry, I am not very savy on internet investigation, dont mean to be know it all either, I just have a specific memory of my group allways porting to wc rings so our druid could get some more bat wings at the ec inn about once a week or so, and I would have been in the 30 to 40 level range, i started in 1999, and this would have still been in 1999.
I read that they were selling on other vendors here, and that for sure is not correct, I cant remember another place where they were sold in classic. the vendor in EC had several other reagents too.

Wildir

Savok
06-12-2010, 07:12 PM
I know for sure you could allways buy batwings at the inn in east commonlands right at the WC zoneline, this was for sure in classic. I am not sure why they were taken out here.

Wildir

I know for a FACT that this vendor always had a supply of bat wings in classic.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2734 Bat Wings are still for sale in unlimited supplies on Live now.

frefaln
06-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Will translocators be taken out? No one is going to wait for a boat when two translocators spawn in the time it takes to wait for a boat.

Really hope they're taken out after boats are proven to be stable.

guineapig
06-13-2010, 01:41 AM
I would also like to chime in on the batwing vendor in EC by the WC zoneline. That used to be one of (if not the only) place in the game where batwings were available for sale. There might have been an evil vendor somewhere as well but not certain.

Gorroth
06-13-2010, 02:56 AM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2734

Vendors
Posted: May 23 2001 12:12pm | IP: Logged | Reply to this | Follow
Anonymous
User's Journal
Anonymous Score: Default
I know you can purchase infinite bat wings in the caster guild in Freeport (enter, go straight ahead then left and up the stairs, first femaile mob on your right). I think they can also be purchased in East Commons or perhaps West Commons.

What I'd like to know is where to buy infinite bat wings on the same continent as Butcherblock, in order to perform the bat wing quest for Niola Impholder in the Felwithe Magician's guild.

East commons
Posted: Sep 16 2001 4:58pm | IP: Logged | Reply to this | Follow
xaanru
Sage
3,701 posts
Score: Decent
One of the inns in east commons stocks bat wings for less than 2 sp each. Batwings for over 1pp per stack is just a matter of being somwhere that they are not sold, and finding someone with more money than time. Of course, If you are gonna do that, why kill bats when you can buy a stack for 4gp in East Commons.
----------------------------
Xaanru's stuff

It would be nice if stuff could be researched beforehand instead of being simply disabled, just because someone whined that "it's not classic".

astarothel
06-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Fun fact. Most of the vendors that had bat wings weren't in classic.

(PS: Posting links from 2001 -- not helping your case. Also laughably hypocritical considering you were the one crying about research.)

Cronoclops
06-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Tarnished weapon to ore conversion wasn't classic I take it?

YendorLootmonkey
06-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Fun fact. Most of the vendors that had bat wings weren't in classic.

The burden is on the naysayers to prove they weren't in classic, THEN take them out. Not remove them all and then tell us to prove they should actually be there.

kariden
06-13-2010, 01:29 PM
The burden is on the naysayers to prove they weren't in classic, THEN take them out. Not remove them all and then tell us to prove they should actually be there.

truth.
So fucking sick of everyone going "its classic" when there are several areas of this server that is not in fact "classic."
Come up with better reasons for why shit needs to happen then that weak ass classic argument.

girth
06-13-2010, 05:10 PM
truth.
So fucking sick of everyone going "its classic" when there are several areas of this server that is not in fact "classic."
Come up with better reasons for why shit needs to happen then that weak ass classic argument.

In case you didn't realize - this is a classic server. They aim to be more like classic was for the most part unless they feel the need to deviate for reasons such as integrity of the server or that they technically cannot do it yet.

Estolcles
06-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Now that boats are back in full, does this mean people will be teaching/learning languages again?

I hope I hope I hope?

cerasa
06-13-2010, 05:18 PM
were people complaining about bat wings on vendors? /boggle I remember them being on Shady but I don't remember exact time frame.

Smuuglie
06-13-2010, 05:21 PM

Spotted some at a merchant in kithicor forest...

Qaedain
06-13-2010, 05:28 PM

Spotted some at a merchant in kithicor forest...

Bat wings should still appear on merchants if they are sold to one. This is likely what you saw.

Mady
06-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Tarnished weapon to ore conversion wasn't classic I take it?

Was wondering this same thing.

The only way to obtain them is from drops and buying them, then?

Smuuglie
06-13-2010, 06:42 PM
No it wasnt stuff sold to the merchant; the merchant had unlimited supplies.

nilbog
06-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Still bitching about bat wings? wow.

Anyways, Rogean patched the server earlier, so my fix for these vendors should be in.

Kathar Firespinner -East Commons
Jeliala Glimmercharm and Tika Shockstep - Erudin
Jeena Firechaser - Kithicor Forest
Hrak - Oggok
Lysa Truegreen, Zasrin Blueflame - West Freeport

raff01
06-14-2010, 09:40 AM
OMG OMG OMFG BOAAAATS !!! for real? really? with boats, that would mean that appart from the skeleton and the wolf graphics and some few spell effects, this would be totally classic !

Arkanjil
06-14-2010, 01:25 PM
I'M ON A BOAT! WITH MY FLIPPY FLOPPIES!

THIS BOAT IS REAL!

Malrubius
06-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Thank you for bringing back the boats! This server gets more classic all the time!

A few issues I have noticed, just in case it helps...
1 - As a gnome, once I am on the OOT boat, I can't see a thing (the edges are too high). I can climb up to the back deck or onto the edges to see, but it's always a little risky. I don't mind this too much - just an fyi.

2 - I, and others on the boat that I spoke to, notice that we slide around a bit (or I suppose the boat slides around under us). If you are still and look down, you will see that you slowly slide forward on the boat (relative to the direction the boat is travelling).

3 - I had climbed up onto the back edge of the boat when it was leaving BB. All of a sudden (I guess when it zoned into OOT) I fell into the water. The boat was gone. I am sure I was not so close to the edge that I would have fallen had it not zoned.

Again - all of these are minor issues that are just provided fyi. The fact that you got boats working is just cool beyond words. Thank you!

Gorgetrapper
06-14-2010, 01:37 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8T095mFdW8

Akame
06-16-2010, 12:38 PM
No more batwings? But I thought they were always for sale by vendors?

This baking guide (http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g19&menustr=040020000000) shows at least 3 places to buy batwings and was written late 2002, are the batwings going to come back at any point?

BeepBeep
06-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Aka, please see
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9607

espeically:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=78216&postcount=43

Akame
06-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Beep Beep, you should totally be a bard.

Rogean
06-16-2010, 07:07 PM
bat wings are coming back to certain vendors next patch

Daywolf
06-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Really hope they're taken out after boats are proven to be stable.
They were never fully stable on live, never was a prob for me at least, I used them a lot nonetheless. For some it was, so they complain and it was removed :( ...no one complain! heh

As for bat wings, that's cool. However, could drops be increased a bit? Killing like 60 bats and hardly got half a stack. Bats do have two wings, ya know? ;) ..but don't need to drop that much of course. Edit: er... or put them back on certain vendors, didn't read the last until now. I'd go for increasing drops though :)

raff01
06-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Does anyone know if boats work now?

Qaedain
06-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Boats have worked since June 12.

raff01
06-23-2010, 05:24 AM
Oh yes it is working now indeed ! that's fantastic, however I wonder why translocators are still here tho?