PDA

View Full Version : everquest.allakhazam.com

oldhead
06-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Is the subscription worth it?

It looks like you can sort information by classic only.
how well does that function work?

BuzWeaver
06-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Essentially membership allows you to search with a little more ease and functionality. If you're okay with sorting through a few more menus and doing a little digging you'll still get as much information as the site has to offer.

Reiker
06-12-2010, 11:02 PM
I'll let you log in on my premium account at $5/month.

setver
06-13-2010, 12:28 AM
classic yes, but if you sort by classic you still have to deal with drops you can't currently get, because they consider that the current classic with no expansions. so new zones not old, all the free zones they added that we don't have, defiant drops, new mobs, etc. so don't think its going to be classic classic.

Deric
06-13-2010, 12:46 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://everquest.allakhazam.com

May 2000 was shortly after Kunark release so is the most accurate. :)

Reiker
06-13-2010, 12:50 AM
The problem is that Allakhazam is missing a lot of information back then. You can still use the current site and hopefully have enough intelligence to know that a 45 hp 45 mana belt from Lavastorm isn't classic.

firesyde424
06-13-2010, 01:25 AM
The biggest issue I've run into in using the current allakhazam or eqtraders website is when they list something for sale or something that drops in a zone that has been revamped since classic. Freeport, for instance. Unfortunately, the cached versions weren't always complete and were lacking quite a bit of info. This is where you will hafta rely on your knowledge and common sense.

Mleh
06-13-2010, 08:12 AM
The biggest issue I've run into in using the current allakhazam or eqtraders website is when they list something for sale or something that drops in a zone that has been revamped since classic. Freeport, for instance. Unfortunately, the cached versions weren't always complete and were lacking quite a bit of info. This is where you will hafta rely on your knowledge and common sense.

I bought a sub thinking i could filter classic weapons - but like said in quote its hard to find loot "pre-vamp" and you also get alot of garbage quest items from new eq in old zones.

IMO its still useful for most zones but if you know the partial name of a weapon/armor you can look it up for free.

oldhead
06-13-2010, 11:57 AM
classic yes, but if you sort by classic you still have to deal with drops you can't currently get, because they consider that the current classic with no expansions. so new zones not old, all the free zones they added that we don't have, defiant drops, new mobs, etc. so don't think its going to be classic classic.

this is what I was looking for. Thanks. Will forgo the subscription.

guineapig
06-13-2010, 12:10 PM
I updated my old Allakhazam subscription when I started up on P99 and don't regret it. I still use it all the time.

Perfect example, some random body part drops off a mob and I can just alt+tab to see what it's for. hardly any of that information has changed over the years. Quests, locations of mobs in dungeons, etc...

Like a previous posted has stated, there are things you have to filter out like spell locations but it's easy to deduce what's classic and what's not. If a spell is only available in the abysmal sea, PoK and through research, then it's currently a research only spell. That's just an example.

Anyway, I find tons of use out of Allakhazam and even use their character updaters to keep track of what my alts are wearing.