PDA

View Full Version : Camp rules clarification (dis ***** serious? edition)

SupaflyIRL
01-31-2013, 09:26 PM
Specific case:

I'm camping AM, nobody is camping Lord or Hand. I kill AM spawn, I pull Lord hall mobs for XP. Does the act of me pulling mobs from the hallway outside my PH constitute me completely vacating my camp? I'm not killing any other named mobs just killing time and getting some xp off of light blues. Do I have to kill my two mobs and sit motionless for 26 minutes to claim my camp or can I at least pull trash mobs there to kill in the meantime?

Conversation with a delightful gentleman that sparked this question:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3682/tysidious.jpg

Yes, he actually tried to force me to pick one or the other, my camp or uhh... light blue mobs in the hallway? I was not gone "five minutes", I pull lord hall mobs to the open area between the AM room and the Hand room. He was bluffing as he logged off immediately after I told him he could have the light blue mobs.

Itap
01-31-2013, 09:51 PM
If nobody is really near you or in the zone, I'm sure pulling mobs around your camp to exp/kill time is all good, but once people start showing up and killing mobs around you, I'd stay at your camp for safe keeping. To me, it's not worth it to argue with someone, I'll just sit on my camp and afk in between spawns

senna
01-31-2013, 09:59 PM
After reading that log I dont think he was being very unreasonable

If you want to hold a named camp you have to be there, you cant just be running willy-nilly around the zone killing stuff then popping back in. Obv if nobody is in zone or around then who cares, do whatever the hell you want.

SupaflyIRL
01-31-2013, 10:08 PM
For reference green is where I was pulling everything to, and red are all the static mobs I was keeping down:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8060/lgukdead.jpg

I don't think that's an unreasonable amount of mobs (and only one named), or that I'm running around the entire zone willy-nilly popping nameds as I please.

Furniture
01-31-2013, 10:21 PM
didnt read the long convo, but the moment you leave the named spawn area to kill mobs/whatever legally on this server you lost claim, if someone else is around who wants your camp, you need to stay at it and dont leave for any reason otherwise a gm will rule against you

SupaflyIRL
01-31-2013, 10:22 PM
didnt read the long convo, but the moment you leave the named spawn area to do kill mobs/whatever legally on this server you lost claim, if someone else is around who wants your camp, you need to stay at it and dont leave for any reason otherwise a gm will rule against you

You should have read the convo because it already contained the socially retarded sociopath perspective but thanks for chiming in.

Furniture
01-31-2013, 10:29 PM
lol just read the convo, he was following the server rules, he even went to ask you politely if you would share some of the hallway mobs so he can get exp too, which you respond with a threat of petitioning, lol, good read

SupaflyIRL
01-31-2013, 10:33 PM
lol just read the convo, he was following the server rules, he even went to ask you politely if you would share some of the hallway mobs so he can get exp too, which you respond with a threat of petitioning, lol, good read

No, that's not what happened, hahaha. He didn't ask me to share anything he kept threatening to kill my XP mobs, which i conceded to him, to try to smoke me out of my camp.

Reading comprehension eludes you again.

e: He literally logged on in the AM hall and couldn't be bothered to do anything (like look around the corner) but tell me he was taking my camp (how did he know I was camping it? HMMM)

Furniture
01-31-2013, 10:41 PM
Tysidious tells you, 'care if we split a few of the mobs so i can get some exp too?'

next line

You told Tysidious, 'you know what, petitioning lets let a GM handle this'

kchisarik
01-31-2013, 10:51 PM
seems like he (not OP) was following the posted server rules and was polite even when you started threatening

Arclyte
01-31-2013, 10:54 PM
rule lawyers are scumbags, any normal person would have gone elsewhere, but rushing to make a petition is pretty gay too. I'm sure there's enough stupid shit to sift through without this adding to it

Furniture
01-31-2013, 10:59 PM
yeah undoubtedly the other guy was kind of a dick at first, but once he settled down and offered a solution the OP turned the heat up with threats of petitions which he incorrectly thought would go in his favor, how do you level up to 58 and not have a basic understanding of camp rules on this server?

SupaflyIRL
01-31-2013, 11:02 PM
rule lawyers are scumbags, any normal person would have gone elsewhere, but rushing to make a petition is pretty gay too. I'm sure there's enough stupid shit to sift through without this adding to it

There's no other recourse, unless of course you're advocating taking it into my own hands which the staff has warned against?

Extunarian
01-31-2013, 11:03 PM
I think he could have started the conversation better. I also think you could have responded in a more level-headed manor once he conceded any camp rights and just asked for xp.

Handull
01-31-2013, 11:04 PM
he offered to let you keep the camp, so he seems somewhat reasonable from the start. you told him u were killing for safety, but then here you say exp.

imo the dude was calm enough not to make a big stink.

the rule as i understand it is you can hold down any number of camps in a zone so long as no one is contesting them. once you are contested, you have to choose one single camp to stay at (or make an arrangement with that person to share the camps). in this case he came by and that forced you to have to sit at that camp.

SupaflyIRL
01-31-2013, 11:14 PM
1) he offered to let you keep the camp, so he seems somewhat reasonable from the start.

2) you told him u were killing for safety, but then here you say exp.

3) imo the dude was calm enough not to make a big stink.

4) the rule as i understand it is you can hold down any number of camps in a zone so long as no one is contesting them. once you are contested, you have to choose one single camp to stay at (or make an arrangement with that person to share the camps). in this case he came by and that forced you to have to sit at that camp.

1) He told me he was taking my camp (this was our first interaction), and then was allowing me to have it back. This is not the same as offering me the camp.

2) I was being facetious, as he was not being honest about wanting to xp.

3) remind me who was talking in all caps

4) I only had one camp

SupaflyIRL
01-31-2013, 11:19 PM
A Normal Person: "Oh, looks like you have AM, mind if I kill some mobs for XP?"
Me: "Sure, no problem!"

e:

This guy: "According to article 25 section 4 subsection b it states that you have vacated a 10 foot radius around a mob on an off peak hour on a peak day thus..."
Me: *shoves idiot in trash can*

Llodd
01-31-2013, 11:44 PM
I know, lets all team up and kill even more nasty critter for even more exp together, and you know, maybe converse or something. Do you speak fucking clingon?

Now, now, dont be tomfoolering me, this aint no skidaddle here, its a genyouwhine hutzpah.

Splorf22
01-31-2013, 11:51 PM
Spaceman, this is how you do a camp dispute!

[Thu Jan 31 20:35:26 2013] Sebek says, 'Can we help you?'
[Thu Jan 31 20:35:44 2013] You say, 'sure, by not pling in a big xp dungeon during prime times'
[Thu Jan 31 20:35:56 2013] Sebek says, 'Sorry we were first'
[Thu Jan 31 20:36:07 2013] Davendale says, 'its just convienient for us in rl sorry man'
[Thu Jan 31 20:36:29 2013] You say, 'i'm just saying PL in zones like kurns or unrest during prime times = douchebag move'
[Thu Jan 31 20:36:45 2013] Sebek says, 'Ksing is more a douche bag move'
[Thu Jan 31 20:36:58 2013] Sebek says, 'Especially since it wasn't populated when we started so fuck you'
[Thu Jan 31 20:37:02 2013] You say, 'i know, i stole like all of your xp already' (note: sarcasm. I was tempted but restrained myself)
[Thu Jan 31 20:37:42 2013] Stikkie says out of character, 'I must say, that if you are going to PL someone, at least do it in a less populated zone so taking the mobs doesn't have such an impact'
[Thu Jan 31 20:37:58 2013] You say out of character, 'I just told them that and was told to fuck off'
[Thu Jan 31 20:38:02 2013] Sebek says out of character, 'there's 8 ppl here , there were 4 when we started, fuck you'
[Thu Jan 31 20:38:17 2013] You say out of character, 'the truth stings a bit, doesn't it sebek'
[Thu Jan 31 20:38:24 2013] Sebek says out of character, 'do you think we're out of bounds stikkie?'
[Thu Jan 31 20:38:25 2013] Stikkie says out of character, 'Easy there, tonto. '
[Thu Jan 31 20:38:33 2013] Sebek says out of character, 'what that your wrong'
[Thu Jan 31 20:38:48 2013] You say out of character, 'and sebek trying to ks'
[Thu Jan 31 20:38:50 2013] You say out of character, 'grats buddy'
[Thu Jan 31 20:38:55 2013] Sebek says, 'Your in our camp'
[Thu Jan 31 20:38:59 2013] Sebek says, 'Taking our mobs'
[Thu Jan 31 20:39:11 2013] Sebek says, 'You can call the crayon blue but it's still red'
[Thu Jan 31 20:40:33 2013] Sebek tells you, 'yeah be a little petty bitch'
[Thu Jan 31 20:40:53 2013] Sebek tells you, 'the a-team isn't worth much better'
[Thu Jan 31 20:41:00 2013] Jibarn says 'Sorry to have failed you, oh Great One.'
[Thu Jan 31 20:42:34 2013] You told Davendale, 'personal opinion: not worth pling a guy who will have a firm rep as an asshole by L20'
[Thu Jan 31 20:43:12 2013] You told Davendale, 'anyway im camping, yall win'
[Thu Jan 31 20:43:13 2013] You told Davendale, 'enjoy'

Llodd
02-01-2013, 12:00 AM
too many cunts

Grahm
02-01-2013, 12:56 AM
tysidious followed server rules. u didnt.

tysidious seems like a cool guy from this post. u dont.

rated thread 1 star and reported thread for racism

Autotune
02-01-2013, 01:13 AM
I'm not reading any of the responses because I don't care.

You can pull and kill whatever you want and camp your camp as long as you keep your mobs in camp clear.

You can't maintain presence at a camp if you aren't pulling mobs there.

however, someone can't stroll up into your camp and claim it if mobs are cleared either.

Pretty cut/dry.

Tippett
02-01-2013, 01:13 AM
Yeah OP is the one who sounds like a douche here imo

Captain Faceplant
02-01-2013, 02:24 AM
seems like he (not OP) was following the posted server rules and was polite even when you started threatening

You're an idiot and so is everyone that agrees with you.

Guy was camping a mob and pulling some mobs from outside the camp. A douche came and tried to jew him out of the camp. That is all. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

A1551
02-01-2013, 02:47 AM
Pretty funny post. OP upset over very little, posts screenshot showing he's basically upset over nothing, then gets further upset when majority of responders give him honest opinions that don't happen to be what he wants to hear. Getting angry at random people who don't agree with your point of view on a message board, after you asked them for it, is definitely a hallmark of a level-headed and reasonable individual!

Tys probably coulda worded the intial engagement a bit more diplomatically, but if anything the fact that he reached out and tried to communicate with you and resolve the issue instead of just moving in or fighting you for the other spawns sounds pretty mature / reasonable to me.

I think as a whole the p99 community is very strong. Most people are willing to help others, and in almost any dispute I've personally been involved in usually people are reasonable if you communicate and are willing to work things out. Sadly there are exceptions and they tend to be much more memorable experiences. Also, a lot of the people who complain about the strength of the community probably have very poor insight into their own role within those complaints :P

Also, there's a special place in hell for people who powerlevel in crowded low-level zones and displace actual groups of new players.

SupaflyIRL
02-01-2013, 03:14 AM
Pretty funny post. OP upset over very little, posts screenshot showing he's basically upset over nothing, then gets further upset when majority of responders give him honest opinions that don't happen to be what he wants to hear. Getting angry at random people who don't agree with your point of view on a message board, after you asked them for it, is definitely a hallmark of a level-headed and reasonable individual!

Please quote any and all posts where I appear angry master projectionist.

SupaflyIRL
02-01-2013, 03:17 AM
Also, there's a special place in hell for people who powerlevel in crowded low-level zones and displace actual groups of new players.

whoa calm down bro dont fly off the handle

A1551
02-01-2013, 04:03 AM
You should have read the convo because it already contained the socially retarded sociopath perspective but thanks for chiming in.

Sounds a bit mad to me. But maybe you're just trying to be funny. Regardless, if all you got from reading that line in my post was I thought you were angry then I don't think I'm going to waste any more time on you.

PS using racial slurs in your thread titles definitely further enhances your credibility!

Arclyte
02-01-2013, 04:38 AM
You're an idiot and so is everyone that agrees with you.

Guy was camping a mob and pulling some mobs from outside the camp. A douche came and tried to jew him out of the camp. That is all. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8-eLz8vOpmU/Tn8iTG8aU4I/AAAAAAAAImo/epKh5Jvlqqg/s400/0925114.jpg

Itap
02-01-2013, 10:47 AM
PS using racial slurs in your thread titles definitely further enhances your credibility!

OP is black so it's all gravy

Furniture
02-01-2013, 11:44 AM
OP is black so it's all gravy

lol so that explains why hes too stupid to understand the basic rules of the server

heartbrand
02-01-2013, 11:45 AM
On red I would kill you, tell you come back loot up and take lord, then kill you again and tell you stay the fuck out of my zone.

Furniture
02-01-2013, 11:46 AM
just joking but yeah the OP is stupid regardless

Splorf22
02-01-2013, 11:52 AM

Well lets be honest here Propo: Spaceman was rude but reasonable, Tysirious was polite but nasty (be nice spaceman!).

1) You don't open a friendly conversation with someone with the lines 'I'm taking your camp', no matter how many sirs you put after it. That is not the prelude to a peaceful situation.

2) I remember being in a similar situation just after Kunark came out; Klind and I were killing the AM, hand, and frenzied with a charmed pet and some mage came along and was like 'choose bitches'. I was a bit disgusted but was ready to leave anyway. I can somewhat see the point when you are killing 3 named (play nice!) but 1 named plus trash mobs? Please. Of course when in the end Spaceman offered him the trash mobs he logged out, which just shows he was only trying to rule lawyer someone out of their camp.

3) What Tysirious should have said was 'will you help me break the lord room'. But again, he wasn't interested in that just in trying to play rule lawyer.

So yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing Spaceman being a little more polite, but Tysirious was the one cloaking his malicious intentions under a soft veneer of flowery language.

joppykid
02-01-2013, 12:13 PM
On red I would kill you, tell you come back loot up and take lord, then kill you again and tell you stay the fuck out of my zone.

Haha. A great quote bed a red!

SupaflyIRL
02-01-2013, 01:07 PM

itt 30 white people debate proper usage of word "*****"

eqravenprince
02-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Without looking at the server rules for camps, in my opinion the rules should be as follows:

1. /ooc camp check?
...Give it a few seconds for response.

2. If camp x is not taken, I would like to claim it.
...Give it a few more seconds for a response.

3. If no one responds, the camp is most likely open and yours. However, I would give a person 5 minutes to respond. I realize afk camping is not allowed, however getting up to use the restroom or get a snack shouldn't mean losing a camp. So 5 minutes is reasonable.

Note: Trash mobs are open to anyone in my opinion, unless it is a clear and defined trash mob camp.

I was camping Hadden and got into an argument with a person that said I cannot claim camp because I am not sitting at camp. I find that to be completely ridiculous. It is a 6 hour camp, I should be able to go kill random mobs in Qeynos Hills to pass the time while claiming camp.

Erati
02-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Without looking at the server rules for camps, in my opinion the rules should be as follows:

Note: Trash mobs are open to anyone in my opinion, unless it is a clear and defined trash mob camp.

I was camping Hadden and got into an argument with a person that said I cannot claim camp because I am not sitting at camp. I find that to be completely ridiculous. It is a 6 hour camp, I should be able to go kill random mobs in Qeynos Hills to pass the time while claiming camp.

Normally id agree with this HOWEVER, Hadden is probably one of the few camps where its best served to just sit your butt down and watch movies on your TV etc. Running around killing shit in Qhills is pointless. So if someone shows up and starts to sit there while you are running around...time passes they are there for now 5-10min...you show back up and boom they have a legit argument that no one was at Hadden. How were they suppose to know that you were 'camping' him when you are running around killing shit, you coulda been doin Pyzjn for all they know, or doing some quest.

Unless you are constantly /shout ing or /ooc ing while running around in Qhills that you are still camping Hadden everytime someone zones in, I just see this method causing a problem.

also the guy that logs in and sees AM phs dead was shit out of luck here tho OP made himself look like a jerk when he instantly wanted to bother our GMs after a few sentences back and forth. If even 2% of our camp disputes end up like this one on a regular basis, that is very sad and I feel for our GMs :(

Bamzal Sherbet
02-01-2013, 01:29 PM
lol.. play on red. kill the other players. take all the camps you want

SupaflyIRL
02-01-2013, 01:30 PM
lol.. play on red. kill the other players. take all the camps you want

what other players

Hugmukk
02-01-2013, 01:31 PM
just joking but yeah the OP is stupid regardless

Obviously he was camping the AM, so what he was pulling mobs? So fuckin rediculous

Bamzal Sherbet
02-01-2013, 01:33 PM
i tried defending my camp on blue once. ended up petitioning after the other group dropped a train on us. both groups got suspended. never logged on blue again

edit: logged on blue one more time to rage on uthgaard and open a "real server" (pvp). He later obliged.

eqravenprince
02-01-2013, 02:16 PM
How were they suppose to know that you were 'camping' him when you are running around killing shit, you coulda been doin Pyzjn for all they know, or doing some quest.

They ooc "CC?"
I ooc "Hadden"
Problem solved

Isn't that how it works in all zones? My camp rules are clear, defined, and most of all not boring. Rather than what pixel my character's butt is on.

Erati
02-01-2013, 02:21 PM
They ooc "CC?"
I ooc "Hadden"
Problem solved

Isn't that how it works in all zones? My camp rules are clear, defined, and most of all not boring. Rather than what pixel my character's butt is on.

um on this server id wager some would simply run to Hadden rather than ask or might even be bound there. Sure what u stated works but it requires the other party to OOC... what i was saying is sometimes u dont always get the people who OOC first.

jeffd
02-01-2013, 02:25 PM
haha, oh man

the things that pass for drama on blue are pretty amazing

Itap
02-01-2013, 02:28 PM
haha, oh man

the things that pass for drama on blue are pretty amazing

First world problems

Elements
02-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Camping a mob is a privelege, not a right. If someone wants the privelege of having sole claim to a mob, they have to make the sacrifice of whatever else they could be doing with themselves. Claim to a camp is a considerable advantage, it comes with a cost. Choose wisely.

Quoted from uthgaard at the end of the camps defined thread.

Resheph
02-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Camping a mob is a privelege, not a right. If someone wants the privelege of having sole claim to a mob, they have to make the sacrifice of whatever else they could be doing with themselves. Claim to a camp is a considerable advantage, it comes with a cost. Choose wisely.

Quoted from uthgaard at the end of the camps defined thread.

I agree with this, TBH. If you have a mob you're camping for a quest or a loot drop you need to follow the server rules. Calling people 'rule nazis' or whatever doesn't make you look any better. If you want that drop, you need to do the time for it.

It was even worse on Live when there were a few thousand people per server and there were more buyers...

Nocte
02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Furniture is right.

Arclyte
02-01-2013, 04:04 PM
you guys are missing the forest for the trees

it's one thing to sit here on a forum and agonize over every little detail, it's another thing entirely to be in game trying to get something done for hours, then dealing with some asshole who is pining over his server rule list on a second monitor

most camp disputes can be solved with one question: "Am I being a douche?". Tysidious was being a douche.

Slave
02-01-2013, 04:06 PM
most camp disputes can be solved with one question: "Am I being a douche?". Tysidious was being a douche.

From sentence one.

Hugmukk
02-01-2013, 04:19 PM
you guys are missing the forest for the trees

it's one thing to sit here on a forum and agonize over every little detail, it's another thing entirely to be in game trying to get something done for hours, then dealing with some asshole who is pining over his server rule list on a second monitor

This

Ele
02-01-2013, 04:27 PM
most camp disputes can be solved with one question: "Am I being a douche?". Both parties are being douches.

fixed that

SupaflyIRL
02-01-2013, 04:39 PM
fixed that

It's not my responsibility to defuse the situation he created.

Arclyte
02-01-2013, 04:44 PM

you aren't do yourself any favors here

who's responsibility is it? the unpaid GMs? only way I would get a GM involved is if that guy was blatantly trying to KS and succeeding, and even then I might just leave

just say no to retarded petitions

SupaflyIRL
02-01-2013, 04:47 PM
you aren't do yourself any favors here

who's responsibility is it? the unpaid GMs? only way I would get a GM involved is if that guy was blatantly trying to KS and succeeding, and even then I might just leave

just say no to retarded petitions

As you said, it's his responsibility to ask himself whether or not he's being a douche. GM's aren't going to show up anyway so what's the point in waiting for him to actually do something to scare him off? Look at the way he freaks out at the first mention of GMs, and logged off, so obviously it worked.

e: Long story short, he was looking for trouble and I wasn't.

Langrisser
02-01-2013, 04:47 PM
arguments over lguk .. this really is like live ... without the play nice policy that would have forced you to share the named spawns and/or group with the dude.

fishingme
02-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Tysidious isn't the type to camp steal, he's held camp for me after a death before and even got me a rez and let me keep my camp. But I do have to say, if you're camping a target it's best just to stay at the target. When you're actively camping a static spawn, going into it you need to realize that you're camping something and it's not the place to get xp when you are.

Ele
02-01-2013, 04:53 PM

The same one you escalated?

SupaflyIRL
02-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Escalated?

The conversation started with a definitive statement that he was taking my camp, and ended with him logging off and not coming back for at least a couple hours.

Swish
02-01-2013, 05:07 PM
i tried defending my camp on blue once. ended up petitioning after the other group dropped a train on us. both groups got suspended. never logged on blue again

edit: logged on blue one more time to rage on uthgaard and open a "real server" (pvp). He later obliged.

pics or it never happened

Swish
02-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Escalated?

...and ended with him logging off and not coming back for at least a couple hours.

Bamzal Sherbet
02-01-2013, 05:21 PM

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19565

Sweetbaby Jesus
02-01-2013, 07:00 PM
The rules actually say that if you are in an area alone you may camp as many named mobs or camps as you want but once another player or group comes in you are expected to pick one and stay with it. Spaceman had every eight to remain in possession of the AM camp after tysidious came down.

Bamzal Sherbet
02-01-2013, 08:47 PM
every eight? all i know is nines

Swish
02-01-2013, 10:01 PM

Uthgaard says nothing, and his link is dead :/

Silo69
02-01-2013, 10:04 PM
spaceman months before you were even 45

i saw you on /who in game

saw you in hhk

confirmed your newbness nice to see your out there doing the guk thing, wait till you get to end game

hope your farming gear for your alt and this isnt your main but i have a feeling it is

Itap
02-01-2013, 10:06 PM
And here comes silo to faggot up your thread like he does with every thread

Silo69
02-01-2013, 11:20 PM
And here comes silo to faggot up your thread like he does with every thread

faggot necro_0000002 next to spaceman himself solo to 55 and then wants to change how end game raiding works when not in raid guild nor has ever pooped anything here

gtfo

SupaflyIRL
02-01-2013, 11:45 PM
spaceman months before you were even 45

i saw you on /who in game

saw you in hhk

confirmed your newbness nice to see your out there doing the guk thing, wait till you get to end game

hope your farming gear for your alt and this isnt your main but i have a feeling it is

started hhk nobles at 49 and didn't enter the zone at all before then so... (also i probably didn't even play a whole month before i hit 45)

also, you don't need to raid here to know exactly the way the raid scene works, it's just a more immature, which ironic considering everyone is a decade older, rehash of live

myxomatosii
02-02-2013, 12:26 AM
I know, lets all team up and kill even more nasty critter for even more exp together, and you know, maybe converse or something. Do you speak fucking clingon?

Now, now, dont be tomfoolering me, this aint no skidaddle here, its a genyouwhine hutzpah.

Klingonese.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Klingonese

Kaplah.

Karrmer
02-02-2013, 12:46 AM

LOOOOOOOOOOL can't believe this is still around

this was us, the KARRMER TEAM, and we don't box and never have - I have a small recollection of the events but I seem to recall you trying to steal our alligator camp and my monk friend slamming you in the taint with a lot of mobs

was hilarious all around, glad it worked out for everyone

Itap
02-02-2013, 01:38 AM
Lol, you can read RnF for 20 minutes and figure out the poopsock that the end game is on P99 you fuckin newb

Zalora
02-02-2013, 03:42 AM
I've never understood this kind of me-vs-you mentality in MMOs. This game is meant to be a social experience, so why not team up and play together?

"No! That might infringe on my solo xp's! I'd rather turn the game into a spiteful competition and hiss at people who invade my space!"

Maybe I'm just a carebear, but I think playing this way doesn't help anyone. In the end your xp or loot is meaningless if you're not playing with the community.

SupaflyIRL
02-02-2013, 03:56 AM
I've never understood this kind of me-vs-you mentality in MMOs. This game is meant to be a social experience, so why not team up and play together?

"No! That might infringe on my solo xp's! I'd rather turn the game into a spiteful competition and hiss at people who invade my space!"

Maybe I'm just a carebear, but I think playing this way doesn't help anyone. In the end your xp or loot is meaningless if you're not playing with the community.

Almost all of the mobs are light blue to me (58 necro) and him (57 paladin). If one person solos its extremely terrible xp, if two people group it's nonexistent. It's like asking someone to share a single M&M instead of going to the store and getting their own food.

I group (or at least try to) all the time because soloing is boring. I'm also nothing but nice to people who don't start off immediately pissing in my cornflakes.

Mickets
02-02-2013, 10:45 AM
This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

SupaflyIRL
02-02-2013, 12:14 PM
This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

oh ok

(no)

ardikus
02-02-2013, 01:23 PM

It's just an archaic way of setting up the way reward systems work. As far as PvE goes, older generations of games reward competition rather than cooperation. This is true for EQ or, for instance, Diablo II where people race to click on loot, or World of Warcraft where people still tag mobs and fight for resource nodes.

In newer games, like Guild Wars 2, Diablo III, Elder Scrolls Online, everyone gets full exp and loot even if they aren't grouped, resource nodes are instanced to the player so no fighting over them, etc..

This is an old game and competitive PvE is the nature of the game. It's hard to change the nature unless all parties involved are willing to sacrifice something to do so.

Pico
02-02-2013, 02:38 PM
why do u keep trying to make yourself sound like some reasonable normal person. normal person wouldnt create a thread like this or even engage in acts of elf simulation in the first place tbh

Slave
02-02-2013, 02:41 PM
why do u keep trying to make yourself sound like some reasonable normal person. normal person wouldnt create a thread like this or even engage in acts of elf simulation in the first place tbh

Elf Stimulation

COINED

Clark
02-04-2013, 06:27 AM

hahahahaha

Clark
02-04-2013, 06:33 AM
The rules actually say that if you are in an area alone you may camp as many named mobs or camps as you want but once another player or group comes in you are expected to pick one and stay with it. Spaceman had every right to remain in possession of the AM camp after tysidious came down.

Quiksilver
02-04-2013, 02:30 PM
From camp rules thread in library:

1. Going forward, if you intend to hold or claim a camp, your group must retain presence at that camp. If you have no competition in the zone, you are more than welcome to hold as many as you like. The moment another party wants to claim a camp and you are "farming" multiple, you must decide which camp you want and forfeit the ones someone else is interested in. We still expect players to use the courtesy camp check before zerging a room. If there is a full spawn of mobs in a camp room up I think that would be considered not camped. How you pull the camp is up to you, as long as you are able to engage the mobs very shortly after they are spawned.

*Example* You are doing Ghoul Magi, Lord, and Frenzy in lguk. Another group arrives to claim a camp. If they stumble upon a spawned room devoid of players, they can claim it. Where your group resides is your camp; choose wisely.

To me this reads if I am soloing an entire floor in dungeon X, and another person/group shows up asking (or telling, in this matter) to claim a certain camp, it is up to MY discretion which camps I want to hold on to and which ones they can have. Oh the joy of first come, first served :)

pharmakos
02-04-2013, 03:02 PM
imo OP automatically loses for not using the surname "Spiff" with the first name "Spaceman"

http://24.media.tumblr.com/27b77334e6431c6510f29ccc9171df2e/tumblr_mg10pl3qyb1rkivhuo1_500.jpg

also, this:

Tysidious isn't the type to camp steal, he's held camp for me after a death before and even got me a rez and let me keep my camp.

^ true story.

tysidious was blunt at first, and i understand OP's initial response. sid however dropped it very quickly, at which point OP decided to petition about a problem that had already been resolved. -_- lame lol.

Itap
02-04-2013, 04:13 PM
I think Tysid along with every other non-solo class is just bitter with necros soloing capabilities. Hence the pretentious entitled attitude he started off with. :p

Vaken
02-04-2013, 07:49 PM
too lazy to read through 9 pages of trolling to find out the answer.

What did GM do/say?

SupaflyIRL
02-04-2013, 08:00 PM
What did GM do/say?

lol, new here?

Pscottdai
02-05-2013, 07:58 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96898&page=2

Correct, if you aren't in the camp, you don't hold it.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96898&page=3

yes as Ephi said, just like other camps, you better be on or extremely close to the spawn. and if u leave your camp to get other mobs, you still left your camp.

as far as the afk thing, theres no exact rule, but if it helps, use 60 sec as a fair base point

Both comments within the last 48 hours....just saying.

Tenlaar
02-05-2013, 08:56 PM
What constitutes "extremely close?" If I'm not mistaken he was killing stuff roughly 4 seconds away from the spawn.

Vaken
02-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Sounds like if you wanna camp AM...sit in or outside AM room or else you don't own the right to the camp.

/thread

pharmakos
02-06-2013, 09:29 PM
What constitutes "extremely close?" If I'm not mistaken he was killing stuff roughly 4 seconds away from the spawn.

not even 4 seconds away. he was at the other end of the hidden hallway next to AM room. the only mob that spawns in that hallway is a green con at that level.

it was definitely Spaceman's camp if the map he posted of where he was pulling to was accurate. i'm even guildies with Tysidious and i agree with Spaceman on that point. Spaceman blew it way out of proportion though. this bit from page one explains it all:

No, that's not what happened, hahaha. He didn't ask me to share anything he kept threatening to kill my XP mobs, which i conceded to him, to try to smoke me out of my camp.

Tysidious tells you, 'care if we split a few of the mobs so i can get some exp too?'

next line

You told Tysidious, 'you know what, petitioning lets let a GM handle this'

lol

this quote, though, was imo the biggest lol from the thread:

Please quote any and all posts where I appear angry master projectionist.