PDA

View Full Version : public service announcement: current gm ruling of King Tranix

Metallikus
02-04-2013, 07:39 PM
FGs were a camp at one time
then they were all considered seperate FTE raid targets
then they could be considered a camp again
then they were FTE
now it's a camp

So... 8 hour mob, campable if you stay there up to 8 hours lol or whoever gets there first willing to wait or afk up to 8 hours (AND BE ABLE TO PROVE IT).

afk camping making a big comeback

this has great potential for petitionable offenses

Ele
02-04-2013, 07:42 PM
BRB going to purchase 3TB hard drive for my fraps videos.

quido
02-04-2013, 07:43 PM
this has great potential for petitionable offenses

here metallikus admits he's going to train people

you're a bad person

Handull
02-04-2013, 10:14 PM
solo-able by multiple classes without OP gear, sounds like a camp to me.

Tippett
02-04-2013, 10:19 PM
literally never seen a post by metallikus where he didn't seem super whiny and mad

Ephi
02-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Things change...

Sirken
02-04-2013, 10:30 PM
raid mob = a mob that requires a raid

Tranix = can be done by 2-3 people

Common sense. embrace it.

Itap
02-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Damn dawg you got 2 GMs postin ITT

knix
02-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Clarification for me please.

Like other "camps", you have to be in the room to hold it. So, does this mean you have to be in his room sitting waiting, or is it acceptable to call the camp while killing other mobs. (including other fire giants outside his room)

gotrocks
02-04-2013, 10:41 PM
BRB going to purchase 3TB hard drive for my fraps videos.

+1

Ephi
02-04-2013, 10:44 PM

Like other "camps", you have to be in the room to hold it. So, does this mean you have to be in his room sitting waiting, or is it acceptable to call the camp while killing other mobs. (including other fire giants outside his room)

Correct, if you aren't in the camp, you don't hold it.

Lexical
02-04-2013, 10:52 PM
if someone is afk when the mob spawns but is in the room do they still have claim to it?

Ephi
02-04-2013, 11:00 PM
if someone is afk when the mob spawns but is in the room do they still have claim to it?

With a spawn timer as long as Tranix, best bet is to give them a few minutes to engage.

There's no "you must wait X minutes" rule, but we'll use our best judgement given the encounter logs and player statements should an issue arise in that area.

Bottom line: don't be a greedy jerk. But also don't squat AFK in a camp hoping to hold it.

Enygma
02-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Metallikus is just mad that the only thing he CAN raid currently is... Tranix.

Autotune
02-04-2013, 11:40 PM
they were campable back when i played.

myxomatosii
02-05-2013, 12:33 AM
This is devastating news for BDA. Between leapfrogging people killing fire giants and training City of Mist reavers, these were the two primary guild activities..

If they start making it illegal to train people out of the moat to farm reavers, BDA might have to try to raid again.

Alarti0001
02-05-2013, 01:39 AM
raid mob = a mob that requires a raid

Tranix = can be done by 2-3 people

Common sense. embrace it.

You are asking for quite alot here from him. Maybe baby steps?

Sweetbaby Jesus
02-05-2013, 01:57 AM
So does this mean the Tranix crown that BDA stole from Flawless Victory will be returned?

SamwiseRed
02-05-2013, 02:12 AM
man you guys fighting over tranix more than red99.

gotrocks
02-05-2013, 04:00 AM
With a spawn timer as long as Tranix, best bet is to give them a few minutes to engage.

There's no "you must wait X minutes" rule, but we'll use our best judgement given the encounter logs and player statements should an issue arise in that area.

Bottom line: don't be a greedy jerk. But also don't squat AFK in a camp hoping to hold it.

you are asking way too much here. It seems like almost every person I run into is a greedy jerk who will steal your mob/camp at first chance. Or just do it without the chance.

And i may be wrong here (ie, something could have been done, but i just didnt hear about it because i know it works that way sometimes), but it seems like whenever i petition a camp dispute/kill stealing/stuff like that, it never gets answered. granted, i do play really late at night/early morning, so that could be why, but it can be frustrating sometimes when, say, some dick is claiming that he has ALL OF HK camped and not letting anyone else get mobs and theres literally nothing i can do about it.

Sirken
02-05-2013, 04:19 AM

yes as Ephi said, just like other camps, you better be on or extremely close to the spawn. and if u leave your camp to get other mobs, you still left your camp.

as far as the afk thing, theres no exact rule, but if it helps, use 60 sec as a fair base point

Llodd
02-05-2013, 05:25 AM
60 secs?

Thats pretty rough.

Droog007
02-06-2013, 04:15 PM
60 secs?

Thats pretty rough.

Confucius say: "Sometimes you must poop in sock to wear crown on head."

Triangle
02-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Last time a rule was made on this it was deemed a raid mob and FTE applied. Coincidentally TMO benefited in that case. Do I dare ask who benefited with the change in ruling this time?

Metallikus
02-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Last time a rule was made on this it was deemed a raid mob and FTE applied. Coincidentally TMO benefited in that case. Do I dare ask who benefited with the change in ruling this time?

correct sir. the rule for tranix has changed so many times it's not even funny. usually tmo is at the root and beneficiary of all new rule changes. The point here is to have the rule clarified and made public so that the people with the current knowledge of the latest ruling can't take advantage of the normal ignorant player. I don't understand why the GMs think it has to be a secret when they change a rule. Whenyou decide to change things up, post / adjust / ammend the rule that has been changed so everyone knows and so that certain people don't have an advantage over those not in the know.