PDA

View Full Version : 33-40 monk leveling

tommydgun
02-05-2013, 10:25 AM
hey guys, what do you guys think are some of the best zones / dungeons for soloing / grouping as a level 33 monk trying to push to 40?

i have been in WW from 30-33 and most of the giants are starting to con green to me now so i was hoping to find a new spot. giants were amazing so preferably something similar, altho i could go for some grouping in a dungeon if there are decent drops / exp to be had.

any suggestions? thanks ahead of time.

edit: im human so i dont want to kill HHK guards

Mathiasaurus
02-05-2013, 11:13 AM
The gnolls outside of splitpaw should be pretty good until 40ish.

tommydgun
02-05-2013, 01:05 PM
issue with gnolls is there just isnt enough of them... there are only 5 and usually competition for mobs and all it takes is one person to make the camp suck... i guess i could get clops and werewolf pathers tho... any spot with mobs 27-30 with more spawns similar to WW forest giants?

Suluvil
02-05-2013, 11:41 PM
HHK guards. This is literally the perfect zone as long as it isn't overcamped.

tommydgun
02-06-2013, 09:52 AM
so 2 things...

1) i tried the gnolls at 33 and they were solid enough to get me to 35 in 5 hours, but now a lot of them are light blue so I need to move camp. there really wasnt enough mobs as is, setting aside when one person would come to my camp and peel a mob or two off of my cycle on me.

2) my original post says not HHK guards i dont want the faction hit.

so what do you guys think for 35+? I prefer a spot to fear kite if i am soloing or any spots to group in dungeons that ppl actually go to?

CanadianTSi
02-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Giant fort in FM

TWDL_Prexus
02-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Giant fort in FM

Yep. Plenty of room to use instill doubt if you want to solo. Otherwise it is easy to get a group.

sanforce
02-06-2013, 01:39 PM
On my monk, I abused that giant fort in FM. There is a platform inside that you can get on top of. I had jboots and a high instill doubt, so I fear kited nonstop. The platform will keep the giants in a contained area when running and it made their path somewhat predictable. You also pull from the back of the fort, so it is rare to have to compete with a group.

Giants are great for this method because of their large hit box range - helps a ton when they are feared.

Yaolin
02-19-2013, 02:34 PM
There is no faction hit for killing HHK guards as long as you only kill the ones with a name.

Swifty
02-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Since recent patch, all guards in HHK give faction hits for Freeport aswell

Rhambuk
02-19-2013, 09:23 PM
rathe mountains, giant skeletons near lake rathe. solod my warrior from 35-40 there way easier than kunark mobs.

Silent
03-04-2013, 01:16 AM
I just started leveling a monk a lil bit ago, I was able to do WW giants 23-35 and it was easy as hell, had 6 forest loops drop(3dex 3agi 3wis to wear, and 291pp vendorables) About 10 leg choppers (50-55pp each) atleast 6 Giant foreman tunics(50-55pp) 15ish lumberjack cap(18pp) And some other axe worth 50 plat(not iron back). So its amazing exp and plat for someone leveling.

at 35 I read a guide saying FM giants are the best for 35-39/40 basically, On the way there I tested some sarnaks in overthere(way too much hp, caster ones = BAD) along with cacti and cockatrice which all had so much more hp. Finally got to the giant fort and was very surprised, Same blue cons as the OT and FM goblins/random zone pathers but WAY less hp and way easier to kill. You can easily fear kite them inside or outside. Personally I preferred inside, up at the wall over the big roof that is over the cave you can fear and get no aggro. I kill everything nonstop back to back no downtime(I have a fungi/2x trance sticks etc) but even without a fungi its amazing. You might have some downtime until you get 38-39

but imo you just can't beat it unless your able to do deep split paw solo, grinding around ishva room can take you to 45 but there are casters etc no fear kiting you would need a partner.

E - I should add, at 36-37 the hillocks will mostly be a mixture of blue/light blue. At 38, a few of the Tumps will be light blue. Brae will be light blue but still tough, Craigs can spawn light blue but are impossible to solo without a mixture of fear kiting and fungi regen running away until more hp + intimidation repop. Don't let a blue con fool you, Craigs hit 80-90 vs tumps 40-50 tops same blue con.

galvaunis
03-11-2013, 01:24 PM
HHK guards. This is literally the perfect zone as long as it isn't overcamped.