PDA

View Full Version : Rogue stats after STR.

Taffan
02-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Once your strength is maxed out, or where you want it to be, what to work at next? Stam, or Dex? Is dex really that huge of a factor?

falkun
02-06-2013, 05:03 PM
41% Haste > STR > Resists > STA > AGI = DEX > Everything else

Taffan
02-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Doesn't dex allow your backstabs to land more often? That seems more important then agility, stam, and resists.

Heavydrop
02-07-2013, 02:12 AM
STR boosts your ATK which in turn boosts not only how often you hit, but how hard.
DEX is for procs and dual wielding, and maybe parry
AGIL is for for dodging and avoiding getting hit. Probably sneak and hide too
(correct me if I'm wrong anyone)
So I would do what was suggested

username17
02-07-2013, 09:24 AM
I have found no evidence stating Dex affects our combat skills such as Backstab, Double Backstab, Dual Weild, or Double Attack.

Falkun has it right with just some minor tweaks.
41% Haste > STR to 183 > Resists > Raw HP > STA

Whatever dex I get on my gear is fine. It's not something I've ever focused on.
If I got a nice VP Proc weapon I might carry some Dex gear around for that.

Dullah
02-10-2013, 05:20 AM
http://wiki.project1999.org/Statistics#Dexterity_.28DEX.29

Dex shouldn't affect dual wield or double attack. They're not procs.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Dual_Wield

Not that everything on wiki is perfectly accurate, classic or even implemented on p99.

What you put your stats into depends on what you plan to do. If you are going to do a lot of raiding, you can expect you'll max strength with gear and buffs without a problem regardless of your starting stats. Stamina is the best second stat all day if not taking resists into account.

If you are in a normal exp group you want Haste > ATK/STR > HP > STA > Resists and whatever else. Dex only if you have good proc weapons.

When raiding, you want Haste > Resists > STR/ATK > HP > whatever else.

You always want whatever provides maximum dps, but no amount of dps (str) or health can trump resists when raiding or in pvp. How high your dps is means nothing when you're dead.

Its safe to pretty much pump whatever stat you want on a rogue, by end game kunark or velious, a single item provides more stats than all your initial training points.

After str, sta is always important, while Agi means very little, dex is great for proc weapons, but in most situations proccing can cause you and your raid trouble if evade fails.

Taffan
02-10-2013, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the replies - helped.

tommydgun
04-24-2013, 10:00 AM
so i keep hearing here and used to hear a ton on live about dex affecting hit chance particularly of backstab. has anyone actually parsed a character with high dex and with low dex to see variance in general hit% and backstab hit% to prove it doesn't make an impact here?

rogue gear seems to have a lot of str and dex on it making me believe dex is actually doing something other than ONLY procs... also when i was playing on fippy it definitely made me hit more, but i don't know that fippy reflects classic in that way (or if we even reflect classic when it comes to dex).

i'd love to see some numbers to prove things not just general statements.

Malone88
04-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Doesn't DEX also affect critical hit rate?

Tiggles
04-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Doesn't DEX also affect critical hit rate?

Rogues don't crit in any meaningful way

Swish
04-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Interesting, no sense in going above 183 for STR then?

Dezik
04-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Well it would seem there is a reason if you don't have a shaman constantly buffing you

Coan
05-01-2013, 11:26 PM
All dex

OMGWTF420
05-04-2013, 12:53 PM
resists, stamina, hps... dead rogues do zero DPS, str is by far the easiest stat to max out for any class and you should be getting uber shaman buffs anyways if you are doing important shit like raiding, so str really isnt as important at lvl 60 as it is while lvling up

Cecily
05-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Basically you want 180ish STR. More is nice, but wasted if you have a shaman around. STA is not as hugely important as people make it out to be. Know the 200 WIS / INT cap? For rogues, at the very least, we get very little hp per sta after the 115 mark. Raw hp is much better for surviving after that point. You want as much HP as possible, simply because you won't resist every AoE. Doesn't stop you from trying. I have way less hp than other rogues on the server. I survive practically every encounter due to a really nice resist set.

Raiding Rogues should have:
Epic / Seb Dirk or better, like EoN or VP. Ratio is the only factor in "better" for offhands.
180+ STR
115+ STA
+++ HP
+++ Resists. Mainly MR and PR for this content. FR/CR will be MUCH more important in Velious. Aim for as close as you can get to 200 for everything. I'm 180+ MR/FR/CR, 160+ PR, and 130+ DR. Very hard to kill.

And as far as 41% haste goes... bleh. I really doubt that's going to make any significant impact on your parses. There is 2 out there, sky belt with horrible stats and grey suede boots which are in the you'll never ever ever get those category for almost everyone.

Rathel
05-12-2013, 11:41 AM
And as far as 41% haste goes... bleh. I really doubt that's going to make any significant impact on your parses. There is 2 out there, sky belt with horrible stats and grey suede boots which are in the you'll never ever ever get those category for almost everyone.

Isn't the rog epic 41% worn haste? I always assumed another worn haste item on a rog was kind of a waste since they won't stack.

Cecily
05-13-2013, 08:08 AM
It's 40. That's why I say there isn't much benefit from freaking out over the extra 1%. What's really nice beyond the haste is the +40 atk effect. I'm pretty certain rogues won't be able to get rid of epic in Velious simply because the attack boost is so important. I wanna say Luclin was the time period that could happen (1500 atk was the benchmark).