PDA

View Full Version : food and water

feanan
02-06-2013, 09:50 PM
How much food and water do you carry around?

I usually shoot for 2 stacks of each, but it seems like I burn
through it really quick.

Are people dedicating bags to this stuff?

Heavydrop
02-06-2013, 11:27 PM
My druid carries 2 stacks of twenty each.
I could save forage but don't.
I do use a WR bag (don't remember which one) to put food/water in

My mage carries 3 stacks of twenty each
and he puts it into a WR bag too.
I don't deal with summoned food/water (even with cornucopia and everfont)
because its a pain to have to do that every time I log in

Duckforceone
02-07-2013, 07:56 AM
druid and cleric and mage, i don't carry food...

i just use this macro

/pause 60, /cast 4
/pause 1, /autoinventory
/pause 60, /cast 4
/autoinventory

This will summon 2 of my food or water, whichever i have in slot 4, and put them in my inventory. Then i spam it a few times when i log in, remem my water to food, and spam it again a few times, and i'm good to go.

Silo69
02-07-2013, 08:10 AM
2 stacks of each

3 - 4 stacks of dots

1 tiny coffin

80-100 bone chips

1 pearl

seb key etc

set of resist gear

set of hp gear

some other items and clicks i swap in and out

situational stuff

as well as other stuff depending on what im doing or about to do in bank

falkun
02-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Bard. I don't purchase anything. I have a bag of foraged food/water. Sometimes I have to supplement water with summoning some water from SS boots. I trade away/destroy full stacks of food all the time.

Paladin. Only L21, I generally keep about 2 stacks of each on me.

Shamen
02-07-2013, 08:46 AM
3 stacks of food
3 stacks of water
2 stacks of bat wings
1 stack of fish scales
Trakanon Idol
Key to Charasis
Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap
Resist gear
OT hammer
New spells for next lvl

Resheph
02-07-2013, 09:46 AM
How much food and water do you carry around?

I usually shoot for 2 stacks of each, but it seems like I burn
through it really quick.

Are people dedicating bags to this stuff?

Different types of food will last different amounts of time. Iron rations, if I recall correctly, are the best to carry because they last much longer than other types. If you can forage, that's also a handy skill to use. Not sure about water and if one type lasts longer than the rest.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Food_and_drink

khanable
02-07-2013, 09:51 AM
A stack of each, generally

and then like 6 10-slots full of arrows

I SNIPE HARD

khanable
02-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Different types of food will last different amounts of time. Iron rations, if I recall correctly, are the best to carry because they last much longer than other types. If you can forage, that's also a handy skill to use. Not sure about water and if one type lasts longer than the rest.

I had always been curious about this -- where is the water equivalent to the iron ration?

Does this exist?

Snagglepuss
02-07-2013, 10:49 AM
I had always been curious about this -- where is the water equivalent to the iron ration?

Does this exist?

Do you mean like Fizzlecutter Formula 5000 from Ping Fizzlecutter in WFP?

I think that might be one of the few enduring drinks in the game at the moment.

Resheph
02-07-2013, 11:05 AM

Does this exist?

Probably not, but it reflects the real world. In real life, you have drinks... just drinks. With the exception of perhaps milk (which is arguably more of a food anyway), drinks tend to last the same in your system. Food, however, can be filling, light, full of carbs, fatty, etc.

Lexical
02-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Do you mean like Fizzlecutter Formula 5000 from Ping Fizzlecutter in WFP?

I think that might be one of the few enduring drinks in the game at the moment.

beat me to it. Only enduring drink I can recall.

India
02-07-2013, 11:23 AM
I thought the enduring types of drink and foods were bugged in P99 and not lasting any longer than the cheaper stuff. Was that fixed?

pharmakos
02-07-2013, 11:55 AM
I thought the enduring types of drink and foods were bugged in P99 and not lasting any longer than the cheaper stuff. Was that fixed?

^^ this. i heard the same thing. anyone know?

Ele
02-07-2013, 11:57 AM

Not Classic.

Droog007
02-07-2013, 12:06 PM
I also read somewhere that different races consume food/drink at different rates, halflings being the biggest gluttons...

webrunner5
02-07-2013, 12:06 PM
As a Healer most of the time I carry 4 to 5 stacks of Water and Food or more in case someone in the group needs some.

Smilkers
02-07-2013, 12:10 PM
8 stacks of water
0 stacks of food

TWDL_Prexus
02-07-2013, 12:31 PM

Hugmukk
02-07-2013, 12:32 PM
5 stacks ea. and refill any time I'm near town

India
02-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Did a little research, food durations weren't implemented until after Velious. Save your pp and buy the cheap stuff :)

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5509

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2559

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42260

feanan
02-07-2013, 03:04 PM
I feel like I'm peaking in everyones closets :)

I have a halfling, and I believe they are supposed to consume twice as fast. And she does go through a lot.

But was playing a wood elf recently, and he also seems to be burning through the food.

I saw the thread that food duration wasn't supposed to be in yet, so it shouldn't matter what you buy, a muffin should equal an iron ration.

Though I haven't tested it, I don't think its working that way. I bought some muffins, and half the stack disappeared very quickly

ko37qtl
02-08-2013, 04:10 AM
I feel like I'm peaking in everyones closets :)

I have a halfling, and I believe they are supposed to consume twice as fast. And she does go through a lot.

But was playing a wood elf recently, and he also seems to be burning through the food.

I saw the thread that food duration wasn't supposed to be in yet, so it shouldn't matter what you buy, a muffin should equal an iron ration.

Though I haven't tested it, I don't think its working that way. I bought some muffins, and half the stack disappeared very quickly

I've been playing with this over the last couple days. I got ahold of a stack of fish rolls and matched to a stack of water. They were consumed at the same rate. Then I went with muffins and water and they were also consumed at the same rate. Fish rolls always tasted great, now they're less filling.