PDA

View Full Version : Quad kiting shadowed men

Invurnus
02-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Doable by a level 32 wizard? I know, I know, I could just try it and see...but I'm trying to spare myself any unnecessary agony... ;)

Kungpow
02-08-2013, 10:59 AM
I think they cast, which might cause an issue?

Invurnus
02-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Yeah, I think I would probably need to get a group of monks/warriors...which might be really lucky all by itself?

TWDL_Prexus
02-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Basically impossible. Way too many casters, and sometimes you will have no idea if one without any weapons is one or not.

Resheph
02-08-2013, 11:29 AM
1) Some are casters, as mentioned.
2) You can't really see them. Sure, you can see their nametags and weapons but why make it hard on yourself?
3) Others can't see them any better than you can, and if someone else pulls aggro... yeah, you'll get a lot of hate from that person.
4) Why Shadowed Men? What sense does that make? They're not very common, usually in smallish camps and as far as I know, don't drop anything particularly valuable.

TWDL_Prexus
02-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Do you need a certain drop off of them? If you look around, often someone is killing them in WC or elsewhere for a rapier.

Invurnus
02-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I've been auctioning for the drop I need off them (Patch of Shadow) for a while. Maybe my best bet is to post in the auction forum and hope for the best.

Thanks for the input. It pretty much verifies what I already suspected.

Tecmos Deception
02-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Try tracking down the jboot MQ sellers and tagging along when they go look for a shadowed rapier. Can't you kill that named shadowed (wo)man in MM single? Go try her? Or just go camp something like a fishbone earring or the sro AC and make enough PP to buy the item you're questing for (or something better) + a bunch more in less time than it would take you to do the quests... unless you're doing the quests for fun and not for the rewards :)

Edit - oh, don't kill the named one. I guess she's on the temple's faction.

TWDL_Prexus
02-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Is Invurnus your in game name? I'll look for you the next time I'm on and I can help you out. I got a few of them the last time I went to get a rapier.

Invurnus
02-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Yep, this is pretty much a white whale for me at this point...it would be far easier to just buy a new mask, but that's not the way I roll. :p

Thanks, TWDL! Invurnus is indeed my in-game name. I really appreciate it.

Invurnus
02-08-2013, 12:48 PM
lo and behold...a nice Shaman actually got this for me today.

Still want to come back and fry these guys, some day...

joppykid
02-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Huge undercons. Would not attempt

Striiker
02-08-2013, 05:37 PM
They are also VERY fast so you'll be getting hit in addition to the spells they are casting. Stick to something safer like quadding Fire Giants in SolB ;-)

Vladesch
02-08-2013, 08:30 PM
ewwww yuk, what a horrible mob to quad kite. As mentioned they are casters, but they also run much faster so you will have it in your face if it resists snare.

If you want mobs around level 25 to quad kite your answer is the gnolls around paw in SK, presumably in the wee hours when noone else is there.

shooteneq1
02-08-2013, 09:13 PM
at 32 a much better spot to quad would be FV along the cliff. tons of pirates there and they drop alot of fine steel, safe to afk as well along the cliff edge. also a town and bank right there.