PDA

View Full Version : Good Class Combo

cylix7
02-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Hey guys,

I finally got my husband to play on this server. We both created new accounts and are planning on starting two new characters together.

We are looking for suggestions on a good two man group. We love playing together and want to be able to duo well. We also want to be able to sometimes hop into groups together with other people.

We would prefer to be the same race (evil/good etc) but we do not HAVE to be.

I am sure there are 100 of threads like this but I felt like I wanted my own personalized post.

Thanks in advance guys. This server is the best and we look forward to being a part of it.

Bushido
02-08-2013, 04:53 PM
it all depends on what classes you both enjoy. there are lots of great combos from traditional tank/healer to kiting duos etc. personally i enjoy monk/shaman duo and it's a pretty good make up to start a group with.

Ross
02-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Cleric/warrior if you want to group a lot.

Shaman + pretty much anything is always a safe bet for duoing.

This graph has a section showing which classes make good duos with each other:
http://wiki.project1999.org/Loraen%27s_Class_Selection_Guide.

cylix7
02-08-2013, 05:07 PM
We were thinking monk/shaman, but we are torn on what race.

Our original characters on live were enchanter and mage. I do not remember if they were great for duoing or not.

Splorf22
02-08-2013, 05:10 PM
am sure there are 100 of threads like this but I felt like I wanted my own personalized post.

It's OK, you're a special snowflake!

http://wiki.project1999.org/Loraen%27s_Class_Selection_Guide

Ross
02-08-2013, 05:13 PM
We were thinking monk/shaman, but we are torn on what race.

Our original characters on live were enchanter and mage. I do not remember if they were great for duoing or not.

Monk/sham is great. Barb sham and human monk (starting in qeynos) will be pretty close to each other. Or Iksar/iksar, but I don't think Iksars make very good shamans.

Grimmly Fireforge
02-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Assuming the Enchanter is really good at the class, Enchanter/Cleric is the best duo in the game IMO. Another benefit is since your husband is new to EQ, getting him to be a an easy to play class (Cleric).

cylix7
02-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Assuming the Enchanter is really good at the class, Enchanter/Cleric is the best duo in the game IMO. Another benefit is since your husband is new to EQ, getting him to be a an easy to play class (Cleric).

Oh he is not new to the game. He had a 70 mage on live before we quit.

cylix7
02-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Monk/sham is great. Barb sham and human monk (starting in qeynos) will be pretty close to each other. Or Iksar/iksar, but I don't think Iksars make very good shamans.

I have heard that barb shamans are useless to make. I have also heard that iksars are the best monks over humans. Is this true?

Grimmly Fireforge
02-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Well either way Cleric/Enchanter is an awesome duo! Arguably the best.

Monk is pretty item-dependent so something to consider if you don't have a ton of plat.

cylix7
02-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Well either way Cleric/Enchanter is an awesome duo! Arguably the best.

Monk is pretty item-dependent so something to consider if you don't have a ton of plat.

Cleric/Ench simply because of the undead nukes? Do enchanters even get them? Sorry, I am a little rusty.

Ross
02-08-2013, 05:35 PM
I have heard that barb shamans are useless to make. I have also heard that iksars are the best monks over humans. Is this true?

Min/max wise trolls and ogres will make better shammys but barbs aren't too far behind. The best shamans on this server are barbs.

Iksars make great monks because of the regen racial but again humans aren't far behind. Also Iksars monks level 20% slower than humans.

It depends if you're the min/maxing type or the casual type.

eqravenprince
02-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Here are the duo's I would pick out from a roleplay standpoint which are still viable:

Barbarian - Warrior/Shaman
Dark Elf - Necro/Enchanter
Dwarf - Paladin/Cleric
Erudite - Wizard/Wizard
Half Elf - Warrior/Druid
Halfling - Warrior/Cleric
High Elf - Magician/Enchanter
Human - Monk/Cleric
Iksar - Monk/Shaman
Gnome - Magician/Enchanter
Ogre - SK/Shaman
Troll - SK/Shaman
Wood Elf - Warrior/Druid

Dr3am
02-08-2013, 05:40 PM
I would change just

Erudite - Mage/Mage

Grimmly Fireforge
02-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Cleric/Ench simply because of the undead nukes? Do enchanters even get them? Sorry, I am a little rusty.

The Enchanter charms mobs and the Cleric heals the pet as well as the Enchanter when charm breaks. This duo becomes even more powerful when Clerics get the Complete Heal spell later on due to the high amount of HP charmed mobs have. Consider how much more damage and hit points a hasted, charmed pet has compared to a Monk or summoned pet.

liveitup1216
02-08-2013, 05:50 PM
iksar shamans are the sexiest