PDA

View Full Version : bard/bard combo

applesauce25r624
02-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Hey, everybody. I'm thinking of doing a bard/bard combo with my brother.

What are some of the upsides and downsides of doing such a combo?

If not, then what would you recommend to compliment a bard for pure duoing?

Thank you for any replies :]

-Applesauce

Harv
02-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Horrible idea. A necro would go great with a bard considering manasong stacks with the lich line. Or a shaman... Shamans go good with anything.

sanforce
02-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Bard / Bard is actually a great duo combo - I do it all the time. You could go level 1- 57 or so without ever needing anyone else in your group.

Pros: Bards are great, 2 bards duoing can level extremely fast.

Cons: Why play the same class? Should play something that will compliment each other in a full group later down the line. Bard/Sham would be great. Bard/Druid will give y'all great mobility.

Tecmos Deception
02-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Upside to two bards is super fast leveling, even from 55-60 though not as easily as 2-55. You'd also be a class that is in high demand in both planar raids and boss raids. Your gear costs are very low without sacrificing much effectiveness, and you get to move like 1000x faster than anyone else on the server. Weeeeeeee!!!

Downsides are every group on the server would laugh when you asked if they wanted 2 bards to join their group (a lot of groups don't even like having 1 bard around unless they completely lack any kind of other haste/slow/CC), and you won't probably be very good at killing tougher monsters in dungeons even if you have space to work with.

TWDL_Prexus
02-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Bard/Shaman.

Shaman very good at low hp agro kiting once you level up a bit. No need to worry about deaths and resses. And both of you will be useful for end game.

Duckforceone
02-08-2013, 08:17 PM
do 2 bards.... if you plan on getting to lvl 60 and raid...

raids can use a bard in every group on a raid...

Fael
02-08-2013, 08:20 PM
I have done 2 bard groups a few times. It actually worked pretty well. If there was no experience hit, then maybe it would happen more often. But no, probably not worth both doing bards unless you just only care about lvling up and raiding. Then 2 bards is perfectly fine.

Dolic

Tenlaar
02-08-2013, 09:03 PM
When it comes to groups, and especially high level groups, 2 bards is fucking awful. If the group already has a bard in it there is no other class that would be worse too add.

Not necessarily. Having one bard doing the normal group buff songs and fighting while one bard is constantly chain pulling and keeping mezzed mobs lined up, for example.

It may not be part of the "ideal" group make up, but two bards can be put to very good use by people who know the class inside and out.

Karafa
02-09-2013, 01:57 AM
2 bards bezt. One bard low hp agro kites an entire zone while the other bard kills, rinse and repeat win game.

Halfelfbard
02-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Do what ever you want. Anything with a bard is good if played right for the style of class ur with.

2 Bards go for it, say who is mezing, twisting what in groups. For solo, jus kill everything.

Learn ur timers, how long ur charms last, have a set charmer..dotter, kiter..if worked together right 2 bards can make it to the top.

applesauce25r624
02-09-2013, 12:45 PM
thank you for all the advice, guys

me and my brother are going to start playing again

that bastard has a bard already (lvl 29)

here's to hoping he gets sick of bard and makes something else, though ;D

nothing beats running at highway speeds across norrath

thank you again ^_^V