PDA

View Full Version : Heart of Zlandicar, anyone remember what these sold for during live Velious?

Safon
02-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Or whether or not the upper echelon guilds prioritized/monopolized the mob?

Ele
02-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Considering he drops a sleeper's tomb key, he will be hotly contested.

Lorraine
02-10-2013, 01:43 PM
That's a given, he drops Talisman.

Also, Cowl of Mortality :p

Safon
02-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Well that sucks. So buying one is the only option for a non top tier raiding guild player

Kk first question stands then, anyone remember or care to guess at their price once a lot of them have entered the market?

Itap
02-10-2013, 02:14 PM
http://zam.zamimg.com/images/9/4/94eed93b99aafdd70942da0815443771.png

drool

Itap
02-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Reading the comments on alla, they ranged from 20k-65k (top end being on Veeshan). I'd say since the server has so much plat floating around, my guess would be the top end of that spectrum

Splorf22
02-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Reading the comments on alla, they ranged from 20k-65k (top end being on Veeshan). I'd say since the server has so much plat floating around, my guess would be the top end of that spectrum

That is some serious optimism when the necro epic goes for 700k over 2 years after the release of Kunark.

Alarti0001
02-10-2013, 03:09 PM
That is some serious optimism. 200-300k at least . . . and after 5+ months.

Still think this is serious optimism. Though a much much better estimate than 60k.

Itap
02-10-2013, 03:10 PM
That is some serious optimism when the necro epic goes for 700k over 2 years after the release of Kunark.

Lol well I tend to see the glass half full, but you're probably more accurate

Thulack
02-10-2013, 03:13 PM
With the amount of necros on server that have cash i'm sure this will go for 500K+ for awhile.

Itap
02-10-2013, 03:15 PM
The good news? Maybe the price of the necro epic will decrease :p

senna
02-10-2013, 05:38 PM
This thing had the silliest graphic ever

cyryllis
02-10-2013, 05:42 PM
its a good item, yes, but its not THAT good. I'd be amazed if it sold for more than 150k. Its only useful for: leveling caster alts or for solo downtime.

senna
02-10-2013, 05:59 PM
its a good item, yes, but its not THAT good. I'd be amazed if it sold for more than 150k. Its only useful for: leveling caster alts or for solo downtime.

Agree. I think Cowl of Mortality will sell for way more.

Only tradeable custom graphic helm in the game and any class can wear it.

RahlaeRuffian
02-10-2013, 06:08 PM
This was at least 125k on my server and we had raid rotations set-up. No telling how much it will cost here.

jerok88
02-10-2013, 06:09 PM
I was on live today. This was selling for 200 plat.

Safon
02-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Plus doesn't it drop with every single Zlandicar kill?

Splorf22
02-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Warlord's Crown
MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: HEAD
AC: 30
STR: +4 DEX: +3 STA: +7 HP: +35
SV DISEASE: +4
WT: 9.0 Size: SMALL
Class: WAR
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group

Cowl of Mortality
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
AC: 16
STA: +9 AGI: +12 HP: +50
SV DISEASE: +15
Haste: +36%
WT: 0.1 Size: MEDIUM
Class: ALL

Malevolent Crown
MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE
AC: 25
DEX: +6 INT: +6 HP: +30
SV DISEASE: +3 SV MAGIC: +3
WT: 5.0 Size: SMALL
Class: SHD
Race: HUM ERU DEF TRL OGR GNM IKS FRG

I don't really see what's so great about this item. Was reading the alla page to see if I'd missed something and I found:

most melee don't have equivelent haste items unless they've been awarded similar item from anouther dragon raid. the great majority of melee have fbss/sdb/sbc/rbg etc.

This is why P1999 is so much easier than live. You know I bet that TMO could take down the Avatar of War today, with Kunark gear. It'd take way more coordination than they are used to but if the main tank gets 1-rounded, rez up and move to the next tank. They have like 5 full cobalt warriors.

Ele
02-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Cowl of Mortality gives custom helm look to any class. Stats aren't the greatest, but looks > stats amiright?

senna
02-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Cowl of Mortality gives custom helm look to any class. Stats aren't the greatest, but looks > stats amiright?

Pretty much.. A custom helm is IMO the sexiest thing a character can get style wise

cyryllis
02-10-2013, 09:40 PM
CAT EARS

senna
02-10-2013, 09:43 PM
http://mentalized.net/journal/2003/08/26/velious_custom_helmets/images/gnome_male.jpg

ftw

http://mentalized.net/journal/2003/08/26/velious_custom_helmets/

Lorraine
02-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Warlord's Crown
MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE
AC: 30
STR: +4 DEX: +3 STA: +7 HP: +35
SV DISEASE: +4
WT: 9.0 Size: SMALL
Class: WAR
Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group

Cowl of Mortality
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
AC: 16
STA: +9 AGI: +12 HP: +50
SV DISEASE: +15
Haste: +36%
WT: 0.1 Size: MEDIUM
Class: ALL

Malevolent Crown
MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE
AC: 25
DEX: +6 INT: +6 HP: +30
SV DISEASE: +3 SV MAGIC: +3
WT: 5.0 Size: SMALL
Class: SHD
Race: HUM ERU DEF TRL OGR GNM IKS FRG

I don't really see what's so great about this item. Was reading the alla page to see if I'd missed something and I found:

This is why P1999 is so much easier than live. You know I bet that TMO could take down the Avatar of War today, with Kunark gear. It'd take way more coordination than they are used to but if the main tank gets 1-rounded, rez up and move to the next tank. They have like 5 full cobalt warriors.

Look at the stats, it's not so much the 36% haste, as much as the amount of HP that a raid pulling monk gets from it.

Also, you have to keep in mind that during live no guild in any server went into Velious with the gear that guilds in P99 have accumulated. Forget about having 120+ toons with BIS , even having 5 donal's chests was uncommon.

About AoW, since we'll be following the classic version of charmed giants, if guilds WANT to kill him on day one, they probably will ~ Charmed giants, with enormous amount of cleric epics plus 150 toons to throw at him (If you want to go with the Kerafyrm strategy) // If you want to play it hardcore, a single round of max flurry attacks will kill any max buffed Kunark BiS geared defensive activated warrior atm, but anything less than max hits and the warrior can withstand 2 rounds (I had a similar discussion with Dreads a few months ago, I think we got down to a 200-300 hp difference, like 7.2k hp inc dmg on a 7k hp tank, something like that)

SyanideGas
02-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Pretty much.. A custom helm is IMO the sexiest thing a character can get style wise

This is 100% true.

Splorf22
02-10-2013, 10:08 PM
I never played in Velious on Live so this flurry thing is new to me. It seems the mob gets an extra round of attacks? So in principle 4*2*1154 = 9250 damage roughly? The question then being how much defensive reduces it; I'd guess to less than 7200 though. But that's assuming all hits land and land for max which is pretty conservative. But I don't know the exact mechanics. I'd guess that a TMO ogre should be pushing 5400hp and close to the AC cap. Of course thats a far cry from 6500hp with Aegolism and over the ac cap, but still. I would think it should be doable.

Anyway you can see from my post that back in live the uberguilds were attempting these encounters with gear/levels a lot closer to BDA than TMO.

Alarti0001
02-11-2013, 10:25 AM
I never played in Velious on Live so this flurry thing is new to me. It seems the mob gets an extra round of attacks? So in principle 4*2*1154 = 9250 damage roughly? The question then being how much defensive reduces it; I'd guess to less than 7200 though. But that's assuming all hits land and land for max which is pretty conservative. But I don't know the exact mechanics. I'd guess that a TMO ogre should be pushing 5400hp and close to the AC cap. Of course thats a far cry from 6500hp with Aegolism and over the ac cap, but still. I would think it should be doable.

Anyway you can see from my post that back in live the uberguilds were attempting these encounters with gear/levels a lot closer to BDA than TMO.

No they really werent attempting aow with bda gear or tmo gear, the melee ac/hp itemization is much better in velious even thurg armor has lots of hp/ac upgrades.
Also to consider does ac even work right on this server?

Metallikus
02-11-2013, 03:08 PM
ac thru mitigation and evasion (dodge / block / riposte / ect) on this server is a mystery. With caps and all that, it "seems" about right for end game raiding. But when you introduce cap increases for velious, I am not so sure it will be correctly balanced. Are we gonna see 1500 AC monks tanking better than defensive warriors? They should at least until the great monk nerf where they stop mitigating from ac and instead evade more. Who the hell knows what we'll see on release.

Metallikus
02-11-2013, 03:12 PM
like right now, the only mob that seems to ignore current AC mitigation is isle 6 queen bee boss, which for soem reason must have some insane Attk+ that it jsut bypasses any chance of mitigation. Not sure what we'll be seeing on velious stuff yet.

Splorf22
02-11-2013, 03:22 PM
From my understanding the issue with Velious was the retarded itemization of NToV, which allowed monks (on this server, TMO monks only) to hit the AC cap (289 item AC). At that point they still had block and their innate avoidance AC bonus, so they would mitigate as well as a warrior while also avoiding maybe 15-20% more hits. Of course warriors have 15-20% more HP, so the actual tanking in a raid scenario should be pretty comparable. But defensive should put warriors way over the top.

I have to say though as a proud War Baron of Cabilis I was kinda disgusted to watch the videos of Daltheb and Perun MTing everything for TR.

Lorraine
02-11-2013, 07:28 PM
No they really werent attempting aow with bda gear or tmo gear, the melee ac/hp itemization is much better in velious even thurg armor has lots of hp/ac upgrades.

Don't talk non-sense, of course there were attempts on AoW for quite a while, and with gear/toons a LOT worse than to what TMO has currently access to.
Killing is a totally different story though, perhaps you want to clarify that that's what you meant there.

Kagatob
02-12-2013, 03:07 AM
Doesn't AoW also have ten times the hp and is a higher level (more resists-etc) than any of the raid mobs available on Kunark? The fact that the fight will be more than ten times as long will be factor enough, not to mention the damage cap increases etc..

Alarti0001
02-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Don't talk non-sense, of course there were attempts on AoW for quite a while, and with gear/toons a LOT worse than to what TMO has currently access to.
Killing is a totally different story though, perhaps you want to clarify that that's what you meant there.

They weren't attempting AoW with BDA gear, because they weren't killing Statue with BDA gear.

Don't talk nonsense, unless you mean people just ran in and died and you call that an attempt. Perhaps you want to clarify that that's what you meant there.