PDA

View Full Version : Getting lost - map sense

Duckforceone
02-10-2013, 03:42 PM
So any of you guys have a good sense of location and it works for you in this game?

i know i can rarely get lost... only zone so far that can give me a bit of a hard time is feerot when you cannot see more than 5 meters ahead...

what's your worst zones where you tend to get lost wayyyy too much with dangerous outcomes?

Tecmos Deception
02-10-2013, 03:45 PM
I get turned around in solb and every swamp zone on a pretty regular basis. Never really turns out badly, it's just annoying when I run past the zone to sro and don't realize it until I'm on the other side of innothule and stuff like that.

khanable
02-10-2013, 03:47 PM
I am a man, and therefore, never lost.

Dweed
02-10-2013, 03:51 PM
BBM for outdoor zones

myriverse
02-10-2013, 04:02 PM
I was away from EQ from 2004 until about a month or so ago, and I'm amazed at how much quickly came back to me. I might briefly get turned around here and there, but never truly lost.

Yet, I still sometimes get lost in the city I've lived for 40 of my 47 years.

Well, I've never in my EQ experience been to any Halfling lands, so probably Rivervale/Misty Thicket. But I've only been to Beholder's once, and that's a maze... so maybe that one.

It's hard for me to be sure though, because m memory recall tends to be crap until I have need of the information, then it's pretty sharp.

Yet, I still sometimes get lost in the city I've lived for 40 of my 47 years.

RahlaeRuffian
02-10-2013, 06:12 PM
It's always kind of hard for me to find the zone lines in Warslick's Wood and Burning Wood. Other than that, sense heading and having a map pulled up usually steers me in the right direction. That maze in Cazic-Thule can be a pita though.

Danth
02-10-2013, 06:24 PM
I seem to end up off course about every other time I run through swamp of no hope. The water should be on my left and somehow it ends up on my right, or some such. A good understanding of the /loc feature largely prevents getting "lost".

Early on as an EQ newbie back in the day, my very first character was a Barbarian and I had a difficult time learning how to navigate the canyons in Everfrost. I recall I wandered around in there for the better part of an hour one day before I was able to follow another player back to town.

Danth