PDA

View Full Version : Would you be interested in a Purple Server?

Splorf22
02-10-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm just kind of curious. My definition of a purple server also is:

1. PVP in dungeons only.
2. Increase dungeon ZEMs ~33% and decrease outdoor ZEMs ~10%

The theory here is that we have the best parts of PVP (competition over scarce resources in a fun way that doesn't involve variance) without the retarded 'I'm going to gank you by the bank' idiocy that characterizes the red server. If you want you can level all the way to 60 without any PVP at all, but if you want the best XP/loot you have to play with the big boys in the PVP zones.

Personally I would also add:

3. No XP loss on PVP death, but characters respawn with 10% life and 0% mana after a PVP death.
4. Group/guildmates are immune to detrimental spells (half the reason I refused to play on red was that I couldn't use color flux. That's just gimp).

But those aren't really central to the idea of the purple server.

Itap
02-10-2013, 07:27 PM
I voted twice

senna
02-10-2013, 07:28 PM
I'd be all over it.

whippetofspades
02-10-2013, 07:45 PM
I think this sounds great. I would roll on this server.

Grimmly Fireforge
02-10-2013, 07:52 PM
PvP servers are only fun if they have a lot of people playing on them. That's what made the Zeks fun on live. This idea would only work if they closed the red server and just changed the current Blue99 server to be a "Purple" server.

I don't think it's a good idea to keep splintering the P99 blue population with more and more servers.

Duckforceone
02-10-2013, 07:53 PM
would be a huge turnoff for me... i find dungeons to be fun and hard enough
without the extra trouble of pvp too...

arsenalpow
02-10-2013, 08:03 PM
SZ ruleset or GTFO

jkfranklin
02-10-2013, 08:08 PM
inb4 TMO poopsocks dungeons now so nobody can xp

rahmani
02-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Just reset the red server and implement it like this

Kagatob
02-11-2013, 02:48 AM
SZ ruleset or GTFO

Yerderlayer
02-11-2013, 02:54 AM
honestly this doesnt seem like a good idea, pvp only in dungeons and decreased exp in outdoor zones? everyone would just be leveling in dungeons and then zone out like pussies to no pvp when things get heavy, seems pointless and stupid

liveitup1216
02-11-2013, 03:05 AM
SZ ruleset or GTFO

khanable
02-11-2013, 03:11 AM
I'd play it

Splorf22
02-11-2013, 03:14 AM
what is the SZ ruleset?

Kagatob
02-11-2013, 03:34 AM
what is the SZ ruleset?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39541

I would add that I personally would prefer item loot and no pvp exp loss, but that's just me.

webrunner5
02-11-2013, 06:16 AM
honestly this doesnt seem like a good idea, pvp only in dungeons and decreased exp in outdoor zones? everyone would just be leveling in dungeons and then zone out like pussies to no pvp when things get heavy, seems pointless and stupid

What he said.

Splorf22
02-11-2013, 01:49 PM

This is kind of the point of a purple server. You don't have to prove your "manlihood" every day all the time. PVP when you feel like it, and those that PVP the most get the most pixels.

Edit: I actually looked over the SZ ruleset, a lot of nice stuff on there. But in the end I think I just don't want to roll on a PVP server where you can't even be safe in the cities.

skipdog
02-11-2013, 02:04 PM
PvP servers are only fun if they have a lot of people playing on them. That's what made the Zeks fun on live. This idea would only work if they closed the red server and just changed the current Blue99 server to be a "Purple" server.

I don't think it's a good idea to keep splintering the P99 blue population with more and more servers.

Are you kidding me? You think the population on Blue is not high enough? I hope you realize how ridiculous the concept of 'turning the current blue server to a purple server' is.

Grimmly Fireforge
02-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Settle down. I was saying Blue population levels would the only way a PvP server would be fun.

Ravager
02-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Loraen is my hero!

myriverse
02-11-2013, 02:22 PM
At first, I thought you meant "roleplay" when you said "purple."

There's blue. There's red. And never the twin shall meet.

Ravager
02-11-2013, 02:33 PM
At first, I thought you meant "roleplay" when you said "purple."

There's blue. There's red. And never the twin shall meet.

How would you feel about a green server where everyone is a GM?

falkun
02-11-2013, 02:41 PM
1. PVP in dungeons only.
2. Increase dungeon ZEMs ~33% and decrease outdoor ZEMs ~10%
3. No XP loss on PVP death, but characters respawn with 10% life and 0% mana after a PVP death.
4. Group/guildmates are immune to detrimental spells (half the reason I refused to play on red was that I couldn't use color flux. That's just gimp).
I'm abstaining at the moment, but I have a few issues with your purple-specific rule-set.
2. Druids and bards especially level faster in open space than in dungeons. You are gimping a class because his play-style is out of the box. I'm not saying increase the outdoor ZEM, but why the nerf, especially for druid's (who can only kite 4 instead of the whole zone)?
3. Again gimping players based on class. Healers will be infinitely better off than non-healers since mana regenerates faster than HP. (INT casters and non-caster melee really get screwed here).

Glasken
02-11-2013, 03:20 PM
SZ ruleset or GTFO

I would play this.

bionicbadger
02-11-2013, 05:54 PM
I voted twice

I voted four times

myriverse
02-11-2013, 06:11 PM
How would you feel about a green server where everyone is a GM?
Nah. "Too many chefs..." and all that.

Now, a green server where everybody is a troll is cool.

Kevynne
02-11-2013, 07:15 PM
SZ rule set+ item loot would be sweet.
and if it included the HIE CLR worshipping veeshan bug would def roll my clr again (shes named veeshaan for a reason! :p)

Kevynne
02-11-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm abstaining at the moment, but I have a few issues with your purple-specific rule-set.
2. Druids and bards especially level faster in open space than in dungeons. You are gimping a class because his play-style is out of the box. I'm not saying increase the outdoor ZEM, but why the nerf, especially for druid's (who can only kite 4 instead of the whole zone)?
3. Again gimping players based on class. Healers will be infinitely better off than non-healers since mana regenerates faster than HP. (INT casters and non-caster melee really get screwed here).

I agree with both of these,
2) well, there are already a retarded amount of druids on this server, they can learn to dungeon, or chose to lonewolf solo outside. Bard's will still AE kite entire zones regardless so it won't really affect them
3) INT casters actually might be fine here as well.. well 2/4 of them. Necros can lifetap and ENCs can troll/iksar illusion (although that doesn't gain nearly as much HP as a heal) But wizards/mages are definitly screwed unless a healer is with them.
Melees are fucked even if they have mana pools. Even in classic pvp and red99/vztz melees are just always fucked on pvp. but in this case because everyone will be in every dungeon it wouldnt matter, because there would be healers galore from all the druids.

voted purple. but should merge red/blue together and do this.
not classic server, it's classic era. let's make a server where verant could have succeeded as another Zek but over looked.

but my opinion on this could change if we keep going on progression after velious. because Luclin will basically be a blood bath. Especially in Paludal.

Just my 2c there.

hdawg06
02-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Kind of stupid. Theres like 100 people on red at max, opening up another server would just be stupid.

applesauce25r624
02-11-2013, 09:51 PM
sounds like a way to lose a lot of players (those who don't roll around with a hit squad)

Vexenu
02-12-2013, 01:02 AM
SZ ruleset would be great, but as was pointed out, it would need blue level population to be fun, and that's not gonna happen. The SZ ruleset was too hardcore for most people to stomach. And launching an entirely separate purple server would probably be a bad idea, as it would risk totally fracturing the community. The only time it could possibly be successful is if it coincided with the Velious launch.

What I'd rather see is just a purple element introduced on blue on a limited basis. It could just be done as a trial for a couple of weeks to see how people liked it. Either PvP-enabled raid zones, or permanently PvP-flag all guilded characters 50+ and make them unable to be affected by spells cast by sub-50 or unguilded characters unless grouped (and when grouped with a 50+, a sub-50 or unguilded would be auto-PvP-flagged and on dropping group would receive a 10 min undispellable debuff keeping them PvP-flagged for the duration). 50% XP loss on a PvP death. Respawn FH/FM but with 10 min rez effects. EC would be the only non-PvP zone.

So you basically just turn the high end game, which is stale and lame as fuck, into an actual competitive experience. And people who didn't want to participate in the PvP could avoid it entirely until 50+ or join a non-aligned/anti-PvP guild 50+ (these would emerge).

Bessy
02-12-2013, 01:48 AM
The red 99 as it is now, Have alot more fun ruleset.

Karafa
02-12-2013, 05:53 AM
I'd play this in a heartbeat.

Acillatem
02-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Rather than the whole dungeon, just "arena-fy" Trak's Lair and VS Pit. Would def make the encounters interesting, pretty much eliminate FTE bullshit / poopsocks, and give cause for more bragging rights other than "I clicked a button faster than you".

Elements
02-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Rather than the whole dungeon, just "arena-fy" Trak's Lair and VS Pit. Would def make the encounters interesting, pretty much eliminate FTE bullshit / poopsocks, and give cause for more bragging rights other than "I clicked a button faster than you".

Not a bad idea

Splorf22
02-12-2013, 11:17 AM

This is actually not a bad idea. We could try it for a week and see how it works.