PDA

View Full Version : State of the Server and Variance

Slave
02-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Greetings, players.

I am not the president of the server, nor do I serve in any official capacity. I have been playing since 2010, however, basically full-time, and I feel I have gained a healthy practical knowledge of Project 99 over these last 2.5 years.

The sad news is that despite recent population growth, the server is in deceptively dire straits. The ruleset currently in place for high-end raiding is counter to the Classic mechanic, counter to all laws of fairness, and Lead Developer Rogean has repeatedly opposed changing those rules, both through official statement and apparently willful neglect. This has repeatedly harmed the server in terms of population, when new players reach the artificial and arbitrary raid ceiling mandated by these choices.

The topic of Variance has become taboo here. Multiple threads on this vital topic, hundreds of pages comprising thousands of posts, were recently deleted from the forums. I ask the citizens of P99, is this a productive way to administer the server's forums? A large amount of population will soon reach this unnecessarily vitriolic raid scene of exclusion and quit, as has happened with depressing regularity.

It remains crucial that Variance on raid bosses be removed so that P99 can enjoy a Classic scene at the highest levels. No amount of developer stalling or high-handed erasure of accumulated knowledge in the forums will ever change that. I ask Rogean to reconsider this unreasonable stance, listen to the players and his fellow Staff, and remove this manufactured hurdle to players entering the golden age of EverQuest, the way they did in droves in 1999.

Yours,

The Arch Mage

heartbrand
02-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Hi, on Red we get all the loot, Crown of Rile's rot, Azure Robe's go to our alts. Keep rolling on blue tho with 1000+ people and 100+ in Sebilis, sounds real fun.

Swish
02-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Does everyone want variance removed?
Does everyone like the FTE rule?
Does everyone want a new server?
Does everyone want R99 to go purple?

Not trying to derail but not everyone hates variance. This isn't live, and the phrase "not classic" comes up all the time... 1999 is still buried in 1999, players act differently here and are more knowledgable than 12-13 years ago.

You can't please everyone, and if it was removed you'd probably have an open letter from the other side of the street asking for it to be put back in.

I'm not saying Velious should be released tomorrow, but when it is there will be tons more vanilla/Kunark mobs/objectives for casual guilds to kill.

Tippett
02-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Hi, on Red we get all the loot, Crown of Rile's rot, Azure Robe's go to our alts. Keep rolling on blue tho with 1000+ people and 100+ in Sebilis, sounds real fun.

Competition is fun, not that you would know bro

Yerderlayer
02-12-2013, 09:31 PM
if you think something isnt classic, please provide evidence and post it in the appropriate bug forum or petition forum please, they don't make changes here based on word of mouth

Falisaty
02-12-2013, 09:32 PM
LOL good luck on your crusade .,.. it will never happen

Yerderlayer
02-12-2013, 09:34 PM
besides there are way too many other non classic things that need to be looked at like classic blindness

Swish
02-12-2013, 09:35 PM
100+ in Sebilis

Good one :D...

http://i.imgur.com/95jtz.gif

Srsly though, these R99 adverts are funny... how else do you advertise a flatlining server? "I own ALL the plat on my server, come be a peasant in my world and get assraped by my well geared alts"

Rettii
02-12-2013, 10:37 PM

tis guy is just a nerd carry on

heartbrand
02-12-2013, 10:40 PM
tis guy is just a nerd carry on

this guy was in a raid guild for 11 months when there were 20 people on red, carry on.

Graahle
02-13-2013, 02:35 AM
Good one :D...

Srsly though, these R99 adverts are funny... how else do you advertise a flatlining server? "I own ALL the plat on my server, come be a peasant in my world and get assraped by my well geared alts"

I love how morons still think red is "flatlining".

Boilon
02-13-2013, 07:47 AM
I honestly don't think Velious is going to change a whole lot in the raid scene. It might open up a few more previously inaccessible epics via the planar revamps. But with the mass amount of characters/accounts in circulation on this server I believe that there will just be an increase of raid guilds (TMO/FE/whatever raid guild is around with Velious) is camped out with alts on other raid mobs and just wipe out the scene as it currently is being done.

That being said, Velious does open more 'casual' stuff like Kael arena farming, coldain shawl/ring quests, and probably other content.

What is your suggestion to variance then? As much as I hate it there is probably no way to solve everyone's problems, everyone will have something to bitch and moan about.

Edit: I actually do like variance, but NOT this variance. If I remember my experiences from live the spawn windows were much smaller and also encouraged other time zone players, that it was possible to keep raid mobs in EU/AU spawn times for a few pops before the windows pushed back in to regular NA times. This servers raid scene does encourage zerg guilds and guilds with 40-50+ on call at any given moment.

Neryn
02-13-2013, 08:09 AM
No variance at all? Like the Efreetis in skyplane? No thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci5r6_la5xo

webrunner5
02-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Ain't going to happen. And TMO will rule Velious just like it does now. Get used to it or join TMO.

Swish
02-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Ain't going to happen. And TMO will rule Velious just like it does now. Get used to it or join TMO.

...and making a second blue server isn't going to make TMO vanish either, people seem to be holding out on that.

Splorf22
02-13-2013, 01:04 PM
So having been to a trakanon sock recently (only to train them!) I will say that Rogean is right that variance is an improvement over no variance. WITH variance there were 150 people socking Trakanon; without there would be 500. Daldoma's theory is that with 500 eventually people would agree to a rotation; I don't know.

I think simultaneous repops is the real answer.

Versus
02-13-2013, 01:31 PM
1) Read Loraen's post above ref. variance.
2) How much are you paying to play on Rogean's server?
3) See server population

happyhappy
02-13-2013, 02:42 PM
So having been to a trakanon sock recently (only to train them!) I will say that Rogean is right that variance is an improvement over no variance. WITH variance there were 150 people socking Trakanon; without there would be 500. Daldoma's theory is that with 500 eventually people would agree to a rotation; I don't know.

I think simultaneous repops is the real answer.

Yes and no.

The only reason why there's that many socking there is because there's no other monster to contest.

No variance WITH simul repop will basically recreate repop day on every spawn, add an FTE shout to avoid low number sniping and that's a pretty good start.

You won't have 500 sitting on Trak spawn if at the same time you have VS, All of VP, CT, Inny, Nobles and the rest repopping.

3) See server population

It's not because there's a lot of people playing that we shouldn't work on improving the server. We've been blessed with a nice influx of player, let's work on some player retention rather than bury our heads in the sand pointing at numbers like there's no chance it will ever crash again.

I know that Velious would solve a lot of things, as in TMO/FE/BDA would move to higher targets leaving the Kunark scraps to lower guilds, I understand your point and agree to it on some level, but it's not coming for a little bit still, why not try to work with what we have right now rather than blame the hand that feeds us for free (for the non paypal donators out there).

Slave
02-13-2013, 03:01 PM
The way it is now: Trackers get 90% of targets. Customized raid target rules = 1 guild getting everything.
The way it would be with FTE Shout/No Variance: No more tracking. Classic EQ.

The way it is now: poopsocking late in window for hours.
The way it would be with FTE Shout/No Variance: showing up to raid for 10 minutes, and rushing for targets on repop days.

I really don't understand you guys sometimes.

Pudge
02-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Come to red we have no variance.

Nirgon
02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Non-classic feature, remove it. Raid mobs commonly spawn during normal business hours or 4-5am etc. Huge burn out factor for sane people.

I love how morons still think red is "flatlining".

Bard friend and I came back butt ass naked, geared up like bosses in 2-3 weeks.

It's certainly not a server for people who like to AFK for 3 hours outside of cities, fall asleep in their chair, not check /who regularly, try to breastfeed 2 children while playing or cannot survive without kunark weapons sold for pennies and free buffs/binds all day in EC tunnel.

Wisteso
02-13-2013, 03:36 PM
So when we're talking about things like the streaky RNG, broken helmet hiding, disabled compass, etc the developers are all... "this server is a recreation of live in 1999, no we wont change it even though it would be tons more comfortable"

Then when discussing things that relate to end-game the stance suddenly takes a 180???

Seems really sketchy. It kinda makes the crazy TMO/RMT/corruption/etc conspiracies seem maybe not so crazy...

Autotune
02-13-2013, 03:41 PM
take away variance

allow training and xp = loot.

Slave
02-13-2013, 03:46 PM
So when we're talking about things like the streaky RNG, broken helmet hiding, disabled compass, etc the developers are all... "this server is a recreation of live in 1999, no we wont change it even though it would be tons more comfortable"

Then when discussing things that relate to end-game the stance suddenly takes a 180???

Seems really sketchy. It kinda makes the crazy TMO/RMT/corruption/etc conspiracies seem maybe not so crazy...

And we begin to see why many people leave after a short time of this.

happyhappy
02-13-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm sure that accusing the hand that feeds you free entertainment will lead to something good in your future, I can't see any reason why it would ever end up making them care less about your opinion and desires.

Wisteso
02-13-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm sure that accusing the hand that feeds you free entertainment will lead to something good in your future, I can't see any reason why it would ever end up making them care less about your opinion and desires.

Does P99 offer people something pretty cool for free? Yes, on that part you are right.

Did I ask for it to be free? No, and I don't mind the idea of paying for it. Many people donate, instead.

Also, P99 isn't valuable simply because someone provided it, pays for it, and maintains it. It is valuable because of the community that exists upon it. Sure, the GMs and guides do a nearly thankless job that we all greatly appreciate, but the value of P99 comes from everyone, not just the staff.

I imagine lots of people just want the server to last and for everyone to be happy. That doesn't mean we're "biting" the hand that feeds us.

Though I'm more likely to just leave the community rather than battle the staff, when that time comes that it matters more to me.

Versus
02-13-2013, 05:21 PM
Even if they did full repops with no variance, mobs would still get shitsocked. Besides the first few kills, say VS/Trak + Inny/Sev everything else would fall in the same order it was killed, so you will have time to move between targets and poopsock them.

This is a dead fucking horse. I thought we agreed upon simulated repops and shortening the variance windows? Pending update. Still waiting patiently.

Slave
02-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Even if they did full repops with no variance, mobs would still get shitsocked. Besides the first few kills, say VS/Trak + Inny/Sev everything else would fall in the same order it was killed, so you will have time to move between targets and poopsock them.

This is a dead fucking horse. I thought we agreed upon simulated repops and shortening the variance windows? Pending update. Still waiting patiently.

1. Yes, this is Classic. 2. It completely circumvents the Tracking dominance of the server which is a wholly artificial construct specific to P99. 3. Additionally, it would massively reduce the time spent socking for any mob. Which one of these three things are you against, and why? Never mind, just saw your guild tag.

happyhappy
02-13-2013, 06:02 PM

Yup, would still be socking, would just be spread around 12 targets rather than one.

I fail to see how that can possibly be worse than how it is right now.

rahmani
02-13-2013, 08:17 PM
I know it isn't classic but I can't help but point out the most obvious solution, stop allowing players to track raid/epic mobs, except in cases where it's necessary. It's not "fair" for a guild to have one Druid in PoH spam tracking and then when a mob pops, the entire guild overtakes the plane and BAM - mob down.

Captain Faceplant
02-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Forgive me if it's been answered, but when was variance implemented? Velious? It was definitely there for Luclin, but I can't remember; I missed most of the Velious raid scene.

Splorf22
02-13-2013, 09:35 PM
I know it isn't classic but I can't help but point out the most obvious solution, stop allowing players to track raid/epic mobs, except in cases where it's necessary. It's not "fair" for a guild to have one Druid in PoH spam tracking and then when a mob pops, the entire guild overtakes the plane and BAM - mob down.

i know in mqemulator some mobs are flagged as untrackable. But I think the raid guilds would just have monks FD on their spawn points.

Simultaneous repops (preferrably with no variance) are the answer

rahmani
02-13-2013, 09:56 PM
i know in mqemulator some mobs are flagged as untrackable. But I think the raid guilds would just have monks FD on their spawn points.

Simultaneous repops (preferrably with no variance) are the answer

Ok yes, that might work. For some reason I thought you were saying instantaneous repops. :eek:

rahmani
02-13-2013, 09:58 PM
Although, I can't help but think that a big part of why we all fell in love with EverQuest in the first place was the novelty and fun of exploration.

I think variance, time limit of feign death and tracking nerf and whatever other changes are necessary would help us recapture that feeling. Maybe I'm dreaming.

Slave
02-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Things that would fix raiding on P99:

-Remove Variance
This would remove the unnatural advantages that the larger guilds have over smaller ones to Track raid targets. Additionally, it would bring the server MUCH closer to a Classic ruleset.

-Add FTE Shout
This would remove the necessity of the GMs to find these records and assuage lots of disagreement between players that would otherwise occur. It would provide a valuable tool to raid leaders and guilds to more strategically engage targets, such as in the case if a small, weakish guild obtains FTE.

-Apply Play Nice Policy to Veeshan's Peak
This would cause the top guilds to race for the most valuable targets as they spawn, instead of being able to use their entire raid force to block other guilds from ever entering the zone, through denial of Trak Teeth, epic drops, and important upgrades. It would be a more Classic implementation of the zone and rules, it would be fair, and most importantly, it would open up the raid scene completely.

-Add simulated patch days
This would cause raid mobs to spawn at the same time, and add more targets for guilds to engage over the course of the server. It would create the very situation that almost everyone claims to love: the race for targets. It would be completely Classic in nature, and it would have massive synergy with the other methods as described above.

Autotune
02-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Things that would fix raiding on P99:

-Remove Variance
This would remove the unnatural advantages that the larger guilds have over smaller ones to Track raid targets. Additionally, it would bring the server MUCH closer to a Classic ruleset.

-Add FTE Shout
This would remove the necessity of the GMs to find these records and assuage lots of disagreement between players that would otherwise occur. It would provide a valuable tool to raid leaders and guilds to more strategically engage targets, such as in the case if a small, weakish guild obtains FTE.

-Apply Play Nice Policy to Veeshan's Peak
This would cause the top guilds to race for the most valuable targets as they spawn, instead of being able to use their entire raid force to block other guilds from ever entering the zone, through denial of Trak Teeth, epic drops, and important upgrades. It would be a more Classic implementation of the zone and rules, it would be fair, and most importantly, it would open up the raid scene completely.

-Add simulated patch days
This would cause raid mobs to spawn at the same time, and add more targets for guilds to engage over the course of the server. It would create the very situation that almost everyone claims to love: the race for targets. It would be completely Classic in nature, and it would have massive synergy with the other methods as described above.

adding pnp to vp wouldn't open it up on repops.

FE and TMO would agree to hold off on it until last. If you think FE is going to cut it's throat in VP so the other guilds can scoop up targets... you're dead wrong.

Why would they spend all the time it takes in vp with another guild breathing down their neck and get minimal loot (1 mob is really only worth it compared to other targets outside) when they could just agree to wait and increase their guilds take.

you guys are clueless.

Slave
02-15-2013, 12:14 AM
adding pnp to vp wouldn't open it up on repops.

FE and TMO would agree to hold off on it until last. If you think FE is going to cut it's throat in VP so the other guilds can scoop up targets... you're dead wrong.

Why would they spend all the time it takes in vp with another guild breathing down their neck and get minimal loot (1 mob is really only worth it compared to other targets outside) when they could just agree to wait and increase their guilds take.

you guys are clueless.

So you're saying that if PNP was enforced, and the first guild to engage a target in VP was able to kill that target without getting trained, that the guilds would not go for the most valuable loot in the game? You're either insane or spinning.

Autotune
02-15-2013, 12:35 AM
So you're saying that if PNP was enforced, and the first guild to engage a target in VP was able to kill that target without getting trained, that the guilds would not go for the most valuable loot in the game? You're either insane or spinning.

I'm telling you, going into VP when all other targets are up is a dumb thing to do and both guilds will recognize it just like TMO and IB did (when we were rotating we agreed to leave them up and get them after, even with no fear of trains)

There is one target that is worth the trouble of going into VP to get and that is PD.

There are two pathing dragons that make VP a pita to go in and get her.

2 guilds pulling dragons and trying to get by each other without killing the other guild's members is going to take hours and is better left after you collect the easier (nearly as good or better) loot from the non-vp mobs.

You're just delusional and/or ill-informed.

Slave
02-15-2013, 01:07 AM
I'm telling you, going into VP when all other targets are up is a dumb thing to do and both guilds will recognize it just like TMO and IB did (when we were rotating we agreed to leave them up and get them after, even with no fear of trains)

There is one target that is worth the trouble of going into VP to get and that is PD.

There are two pathing dragons that make VP a pita to go in and get her.

2 guilds pulling dragons and trying to get by each other without killing the other guild's members is going to take hours and is better left after you collect the easier (nearly as good or better) loot from the non-vp mobs.

You're just delusional and/or ill-informed.

LOL @ FE making a deal with TMO. From your desperate and illogical defense, we can plainly see TMO is terrified of the possibility of PNP being applied to VP.

Slave
02-15-2013, 07:24 AM
So you want every target to be a poosock. A larger guild would still have the advantage, more people to get FTE. Are you stupid?

Really?

REALLY?!

I would like to think that you're just trolling, but in case you're completely mathematically and mentally deficient, I will do this VERY SLOWLY.

100 people at Trakanon:

30 TMO
30 BDA
20 FE
20 Others

Probability of FTE:

30% TMO
30% BDA
20% FE
20% Others

In a Track/Race scenario, which is probably about 80% of all raid targets, TMO will win 90% of the time, because they are enormous, fully geared so they can leapfrog or pull through other raids with impunity, and have many motivated Trackers (because they stand to get the mob 90% of the time). This is not Classic. There were no races to the mobs, because mobs weren't on Variance. They had an exact timer. So here we have a snowball effect where the largest guilds gain a hugely disproportional amount of the raid targets because of Variance.

I am so fucking disappointed in you Kriss.

Autotune
02-15-2013, 08:12 AM
LOL @ FE making a deal with TMO. From your desperate and illogical defense, we can plainly see TMO is terrified of the possibility of PNP being applied to VP.

It's illogical to you because you're dumb. You think adding PnP to VP will allow your guild to get targets it currently doesn't, but it won't. This is causing you to have a mental breakdown and you can't comprehend the information, which is how we ended up with your above post.

FE will do what it has to, to survive as a guild and grow. They won't sacrifice loot that can go to their members for you, they aren't all that stupid.

Autotune
02-15-2013, 08:13 AM
Really?

REALLY?!

I would like to think that you're just trolling, but in case you're completely mathematically and mentally deficient, I will do this VERY SLOWLY.

100 people at Trakanon:

30 TMO
30 BDA
20 FE
20 Others

Probability of FTE:

30% TMO
30% BDA
20% FE
20% Others

In a Track/Race scenario, which is probably about 80% of all raid targets, TMO will win 90% of the time, because they are enormous, fully geared so they can leapfrog or pull through other raids with impunity, and have many motivated Trackers (because they stand to get the mob 90% of the time). This is not Classic. There were no races to the mobs, because mobs weren't on Variance. They had an exact timer. So here we have a snowball effect where the largest guilds gain a hugely disproportional amount of the raid targets because of Variance.

I am so fucking disappointed in you Kriss.

This is the worst fucking math I've ever seen and it's no wonder you have no clue how the things you want will actually turn out.

feanan
02-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Let's get a GM to mine the database and tell us all the number of people tagged in each guild, and their levels.

Really, I'd just love to know how many level 60's are in each of the top raiding guilds.

Now I bet those would be interesting!

Slave
02-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Autotune: "Hay gize 30 out of 100 doesn't ekwal 30%! Yer math is sew dum!1"

So laughable dude. lol

Tecmos Deception
02-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Let's get a GM to mine the database and tell us all the number of people tagged in each guild, and their levels.

Really, I'd just love to know how many level 60's are in each of the top raiding guilds.

Now I bet those would be interesting!

http://p1999pop.dmsimard.com/

No it's not perfect. But it's probably pretty damn close.

Slave
02-15-2013, 07:13 PM
So you're saying that TMO have equal numbers with BDA, and BDA + FE are more than TMO. Let me remind you the point of your post :

"This would remove the unnatural advantages that the larger guilds have over smaller ones to Track raid targets. Additionally, it would bring the server MUCH closer to a Classic ruleset."

At least you were right at one point : TMO does win because they're good at what they do, and not because of their numbers. This advantage will always exist, this is obvious... EQ can't limit the amount of players per targets, removing variance won't change this fact.

What about this do you not get? Do you really think those numbers were taken from an actual Trakanon poopsock? This is what is known as an example. When one group has 30% of the total amount of players at the poopsock, they mathematically have a 30% chance to obtain FTE. It's hard to explain it any simpler than this.

When players are forced to Track to get targets, due to Variance, which is a wholly manufactured mechanic exclusive to P99, the biggest guild with the most gear gets the targets 90% of the time. If you paid attention in school, you will see that is a whole lot more than exactly equal chances per population at a poopsock. A poopsock which usually goes on for hours thanks to Variance, completely WASTING everyone's time. Removing Variance with patch days would turn poopsocking into racing for raid targets, as everyone and their grandmother purport to enjoy.

We do not want Variance removed to screw over TMO; we want Variance removed so that endgame will be fair for all raiders at all times. That was the way it worked in Classic Everquest and it's the way it should be here.

Kagatob
02-16-2013, 07:02 AM
sorry... I fail

At least you are honest. :)

Seriously though, simulated patches (full server mob repop) and set spawn timers would solve many many more problems than they would create.

Still need to find a solution to this FTE bullshit though, I hope someone realizes that Dain/Tormax/Yelinak are going to be impossible to hand items to on Velious.

Tasslehofp99
02-16-2013, 07:05 AM
Removing variance would make poopsocks happen for every mob in game, the poopsock would just be shorter is all.

All you have to so is go to sky when dojo is due to spawn and you will see what a mob spawn looks like without variance.

Tasslehofp99
02-16-2013, 07:21 AM
As someone who spent 18 months leading their own guild on p99 with intentions of casual progression I can honestly say no smaller or semi casual raiding guild stands a chance at progressing through content at a fair pace.

Sure they will clear hate, fear, sky...but in order to even stand a chance at killing any bosses you need to batphone, camp a force at the mob, and have a dedicated raiding crew who will log on at any time of day.

I highly doubt removal of variance would change that at all, in fact I think it would do more harm to the smaller casual raiding guilds. I'm just making observations based on my personal experiences here. If the people who feel the raiding scene on p99 is stagnant and unbalanced, then my suggestion would be to band together and form a new guild.

I have seen many quality guilds come and go here because they are unwilling to sell out in the way the higher end raiders have and due to their unwillingness to adapt. I think if divinity, taken, full circle, bda, and whatever other smaller mid tier raiders are around banded together and refined their ways they would find themselves in a much better position to kill the boss mobs they want.

Sadly on an emulated server guilds who wish to progress without dedicating unrealistic amounts of time to it they must have the numbers to support that goal without their core group getting burnt out.

Tasslehofp99
02-16-2013, 07:28 AM
Don't mean to bunch guilds together or label them in a certain way either, I'm just being honest and trying to make a point.

Forceful entry is shaping up to be a good guild, we have had much success so far by sticking to our guns and working together to achieve a common goal. Forceful entry is made up of mostly smallee groups of people who all came from different guilds, seeking to progress while raiding and have fun doing it.

So far we have done just that, and although starting off we may have had our different roots and backgrounds, we came together and became good friends in the process of having lots of fun. I hope that these posts make sense to atleast some of you.

Kagatob
02-16-2013, 07:53 AM
As someone who spent 18 months leading their own guild on p99 with intentions of casual progression I can honestly say no smaller or semi casual raiding guild stands a chance at progressing through content at a fair pace.

Sure they will clear hate, fear, sky...but in order to even stand a chance at killing any bosses you need to batphone, camp a force at the mob, and have a dedicated raiding crew who will log on at any time of day.

I highly doubt removal of variance would change that at all, in fact I think it would do more harm to the smaller casual raiding guilds. I'm just making observations based on my personal experiences here. If the people who feel the raiding scene on p99 is stagnant and unbalanced, then my suggestion would be to band together and form a new guild.

This is the key phrase there, and I agree with you on that key phrase. Simply removing variance will not help the situation outside of making the poopsocking FTE bs durations much much shorter, however removing the variance in addition to adding simulated semi-random server resets that include respawn of all raid mobs will solve the bulk of these problems without creating any new ones.

TMO will still kill their VP mobs once a week like they do anyway, but everyone else will have an even shot at the mobs every reset because every guild will have to prioritize raid encounters individually, and no guild (even TMO) can be everywhere at once.

Aside from that, FTE policy also needs to be eradicated. It's not working now and it will be even more detrimental in Velious.

Autotune
02-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Remove variance and allow training of poopsocks.

Please.

Tasslehofp99
02-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Meh we just had a repop day and tmo still got most of the targets.

Fte isn't the problem so much as the training, socking, and lawyering that comes with it.

If anything there needs to be a dynamic spawn system. For example trak pops and dies, his repop timer will be switched at random to 3 days( +/- 12, 24, 48, 96) randomly at time of death. That way no one knows which window the mobs on, and tracking mobs requires even more effort.

Would make for more fair and less predictable spawns.
Also no one ever addresses the fact that p99 is way over saturated with high end items due to an extended timeline, so maybe more variance and longer windows would benefit the server in the long run.

Autotune
02-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Meh we just had a repop day and tmo still got most of the targets.

Fte isn't the problem so much as the training, socking, and lawyering that comes with it.

If anything there needs to be a dynamic spawn system. For example trak pops and dies, his repop timer will be switched at random to 3 days( +/- 12, 24, 48, 96) randomly at time of death. That way no one knows which window the mobs on, and tracking mobs requires even more effort.

Would make for more fair and less predictable spawns.
Also no one ever addresses the fact that p99 is way over saturated with high end items due to an extended timeline, so maybe more variance and longer windows would benefit the server in the long run.

no variance and poopsock nuking > all that.

Kagatob
02-16-2013, 08:19 AM
Remove variance and allow training of poopsocks.

Please.

This would still be superior to what is currently in place. Yes.

quido
02-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Advocating poopsocking to increase your share....

It's the way of the world.

Ravager
02-16-2013, 01:07 PM
It'd be nice if we could play test these ideas and actually see what happens without making assumptions or hypotheticals. Velious is still a ways away, two weeks to try an idea out would be a drop in the bucket. I can understand that coding, recoding and uncoding that often would be a pain though.

SamwiseRed
02-16-2013, 01:15 PM
too many players for this content.

Slave
02-16-2013, 01:20 PM
I read these responses and I can only shake my head sadly and chuckle. You're all so very dumb. lol

SamwiseRed
02-16-2013, 01:21 PM
solution is simple, goto red if you wanna do content on project 1999.

Swish
02-16-2013, 02:00 PM
solution is simple, goto red if you wanna do content solo on project 1999.

fixed

SamwiseRed
02-16-2013, 02:30 PM
noone is doing planar clears or dragons solo.

Ephirith
02-16-2013, 02:36 PM
solution is simple, goto red if you wanna do content on project 1999.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1898/pox1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/pox1.jpg/)

SamwiseRed
02-16-2013, 02:45 PM
i dont even play red99, just sick of seeing grown men cry about pixels and poopsocking. why deal with it when you dont have to? common sense for me but i can see it doesnt make sense for some of you.

-macwise

Swish
02-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Probably about as sick as the blue players are of the shitty "play red" adverts then.

SamwiseRed
02-16-2013, 02:57 PM
nah read about this guild called "Vintage" on eqmac who is progressing thru velious. they only use classic gear, dont use pok ect. thought itd be fun to join them.

all im saying is you guys sit here and cry about not being able to do content. whine about fte, train each other back and forth. why not just bypass the bs and play red? if you are fine with the ways things are then ofc stay on blue but judging from the amount of tears you guys on blue leak, id say you arent. you hate variance, you hate fte, you hate poopsocking, you hate ect ect, all this shit you hate doesnt exist on red.

Tenlaar
02-16-2013, 03:05 PM
why not just bypass the bs and play red?

Because red offers a whole new kind of BS that most people don't want to deal with?

If only the top guild(s) were able to dominate content AND kill other players in any zone! Sounds like tons of fun.

Kagatob
02-17-2013, 12:54 AM
I read these responses and I can only shake my head sadly and chuckle. You're all so very dumb. lol

Alright, if you have all of the answers why don't you enlighten the ignorant masses?

Or are you so busy taking advantage of the broken system that all you have time to do is 'chuckle' at everyone else's misfortune?

ardikus
02-17-2013, 01:42 AM
If you know exactly when something is going to spawn then why would anyone poopsock at all?

Tasslehofp99
02-17-2013, 01:53 AM
If you know exactly when something is going to spawn then why would anyone poopsock at all?

Look at dojo now, everyone knows when he spawns. About ~ 1 hour prior to his spawn 100 people pile up on his spawn point hoping to get FTE.

ardikus
02-17-2013, 02:01 AM
Look at dojo now, everyone knows when he spawns. About ~ 1 hour prior to his spawn 100 people pile up on his spawn point hoping to get FTE.

Waiting for a spawn for 1 hour isn't really poopsocking is it?

Kagatob
02-17-2013, 02:45 AM

Never addressing the real problem. :rolleyes:

Captain Faceplant
02-17-2013, 05:30 AM
I can't imagine FTE ever happening on live, on my old server anyway, because it would lead to an instant and predictable clusterfuck. What the GMs tended to do was award the spawn to whatever guild was there "in force" first. (They had the force to kill it). If that couldn't be determined, they simply had the raid leaders /rand 100. Can't get much fairer than that.

Kagatob
02-17-2013, 05:34 AM
I can't imagine FTE ever happening on live, on my old server anyway, because it would lead to an instant and predictable clusterfuck. What the GMs tended to do was award the spawn to whatever guild was there "in force" first. (They had the force to kill it). If that couldn't be determined, they simply had the raid leaders /rand 100. Can't get much fairer than that.

They used to do that here. Then they stopped one day. Certain guilds are very happy with the result, everyone else isn't.

Note: FTE rule never happened on live. Ever.

Autotune
02-17-2013, 05:35 AM

sounds really lame

Tasslehofp99
02-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Regardless of when ppl show up to a mobs spawn, if 100 ppl are sitting there prior to mobs spawn its a poopsock. Removal of variance will only cause more people to show up, further creating headaches for players and staff.

SamwiseRed
02-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Regardless of when ppl show up to a mobs spawn, if 100 ppl are sitting there prior to mobs spawn its a poopsock. Removal of variance will only cause more people to show up, further creating headaches for players and staff.

lol got 99 problems but variance and poopsocking aint 1

funhorroryes
02-17-2013, 09:14 AM
why is it so important to become leet in a 13 year old game why not just have fun meet friends and play

Kagatob
02-17-2013, 09:58 AM

Stop perpetuating this ignorance. Please.

Aksiom2k
02-17-2013, 10:16 AM
How about the spawn of a raid target flags the zone for PvP? Time to Nut up or Shut up.