PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take for a petition to be acted on?

lonewolfandcub
02-14-2013, 08:22 PM
I posted a "help I am stuck" note a few days ago in the exploit & petition forum. Can anyone tell me what the normal turn around time is for something like this? I had a Mage get stuck going into North Ro and now everytime I try to get on him the client crashes. All my other characters work fine.

Swish
02-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Rogean once referred to it as "the black hole forum"...seems its still serving as that in some cases :/

Have you deleted your mage's character file in your install? Something might be afoot there. Should be a ".ini" file with your character's name

Example: Swish_project1999.ini

Delete that, then try logging the mage in and see if that averts any crash? (a new one will be made once you do that). I'm clutching at straws :p

lonewolfandcub
02-14-2013, 10:47 PM
I tried renaming the UI_ file with the characters name but it didn't work. The debug log shows the character is loaded but it blows up on an NPC. Someone suggested I have to uninstall and reinstall and I was hoping to avoid that since I dont know if that will help.

Handull
02-15-2013, 12:54 AM
for that sort of issue I would try an in game petition. got my monk stuck in lavastorm once when i switched computers but had the wrong zone files. fixed the files but he was stuck under the world, petitioned from another toon clearly explaining the situation and name of the toon with a problem, logged back in the next day with my monk in another zone and all was fixed.

but yeah, all depends on staff availability, can be a 5 second wait or a few days.

CodyF86
02-15-2013, 03:19 AM
type /rewind into chat if it says you have to wait a few minutes keep doing it. it will work within a minute or two.
Iif your stuck; if its crashing im not sure.

Tierael
02-15-2013, 03:26 AM
If your character is ACTUALLY stuck in a wall or something, you do NOT need to petition directly onto the forums.

This happened to me, I typed /petition HELP! I'm stuck in a wall in Upper Guk!! and Zade appeared within 30 seconds and fixed it.

Ambrotos
02-15-2013, 03:53 AM
Make a petition in game on another toon. The new guides aren't able to see the petition section at this time it looks like, and the others are busy. Just petition in game on any toon, state the issue and ask to be moved to ec or something. The Guides are very active, and can help you even if you are off line.

Either way you will need to fix the issue yourself about the one toon crashing there.