PDA

View Full Version : Lord Grimrot (Undead)

stonebeard22
02-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Anyone out there know of any tricks to getting this guy to spawn? I've killed the alive one several times now, but have yet to get lucky to get my undead version of him.

Basically just been killing live one every time he is up and clearing the camp of skeletons as much as I can.

Thanks for the advice guys. =)

eadric
02-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Both versions of Grimrot are just extremely rare. Like you, I got the live one quite quickly, but had well over 100 hours of camping over several months before the undead one finally showed. Others have reported having multiple undeads while they camped forever looking for the live one. There is no secret, it's just a brutal camp.

stonebeard22
02-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Well thanks for the heads up. So they both spawn in the same spot then? Because one of the wiki's I found for information said the undead one had a place holder of a single putrid skeleton at the north end of the camp always holding a sword. But I couldn't figure out if that part was true or not.

eadric
02-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Yes, they spawn in the same spot, same PH.

Psionide
02-15-2013, 02:42 PM
I spent 4 different 12 hour sessions camping this dude. I got 3 undead versions before I finally got live. You just have to keep at it as there is no trick. You do not have to kill all the skellies just the PH unless your going to need the faction killing the putrids for the turnin. My cleric was a DE who worshipped Inny so the time spent waiting for Grim helped me to collect bone chips for turnins to lashun novashine.

stonebeard22
02-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Being a Dwarf Cleric that worships Brell, how many turn ins do I need to do of the chips? Do I have to be max rep for the turn in? I've been killing skeletons there as much I can to help with the factions. I'm still not maxed out on the 2 good ones, but the 3 bad ones I'm def KoS. =D

Psionide
02-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Yeah you need max faction whatever it is here on this server I can't remember if it was warmly or ally. I handed in prolly like 120 chips so I would imagine you shouldn't have too hard of a time with the faction. A de inny cleric is a bit different from a dwarf brell cleric :)

stonebeard22
02-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Yeah you need max faction whatever it is here on this server I can't remember if it was warmly or ally. I handed in prolly like 120 chips so I would imagine you shouldn't have too hard of a time with the faction. A de inny cleric is a bit different from a dwarf brell cleric :)

Lol, yeah I can only imagine. I should easily have 120 bone chips by time I get him. What zone do I do the chip turn in's for that faction? I only knew of the one in Kaladim.

Raavak
02-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Lashun Novashine in North Qeynos. He wanders around the newbie area alot.

eadric
02-15-2013, 04:02 PM
You do need to be warmly with the Temple of Life to complete the Aegis of Life quest. If you turn it in with less than warmly faction, your quest items will be gone.

Akinero
02-15-2013, 05:58 PM
I did this with my DE inny cleric. Kill the skeleton almost center of the ruins, he is the ph, always spawns with the sword and i think he is on a 6min spawn timer i could be wrong on that though. It didnt take me very long to get both grimrots. Im not sure if I just got lucky or people just arent clearing the ph. You do need warmly faction to finish the quest though, collect all bone chips you can if lashun doesnt give u exp i guess u have to farm gnolls or know an enc friend who can charm him for u and get the faction. Do this until the pally guild member dude who walks around the pool under the space ship in NQ isnt kos. Park your cleric there and make a newb and kill the kolandi fish in the pool, loot the fish he drops with your cleric and turn it into the pally walking and you get a huge positive faction hit with temple of life, repeat the fish quest like 4 times and your good to do turn in.

Kevynne
03-04-2013, 01:17 AM
. Park your cleric there and make a newb and kill the kolandi fish in the pool, loot the fish he drops with your cleric and turn it into the pally walking and you get a huge positive faction hit with temple of life, repeat the fish quest like 4 times and your good to do turn in.

This is easily the best way, however if you pop rodcet nice you're fucked cause he's a level 55 paladin