PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Sunday, February 17th, 2013

Rogean
02-17-2013, 07:34 AM
This patch contains new files. Please obtain the latest EQChanges V26 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv26.zip) from the setup guide, or obtain the latest files via the EQEmu Launcher (http://www.moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip).

Code

Rogean: The /guidehelp command has been disabled due to frequent typos of the /guildchat command (/guid vs /guild). Please use the /petition command as normal to request character assistance.
Rogean: Mobs will no longer immediately aggro players within 3 seconds of spawning, and they will be immune to any non-targetted spells (PB AEs or Targetted AEs they aren't the target of).
Kanras: Any spells cast by NPCs on PCs will break FD, regardless of resist.
Kanras: Being perceived as invisible (whether that be from invis/sneak/hide) when standing from FD will no longer remove you from NPC feign memory.
Kanras: (Secrets) Fixed alignment of guild tag billboard above player. (Known Issue: There is no space before the guild tag)
Kanras: (Secrets) Removed 'Entering Mines of Gloomingdeep' text for new character and 'Entering xxxxx' text upon zoning.

Content

Kanras: Updated Banshee Aura: buffdurationformula 7 -> 9, buffduration 30 -> 90, effect_base_value1 -8 -> -6, max1 0 -> 12, formula1 100 -> 110
Kanras: Updated Glamour of Kintaz: mana 350 -> 275
Kanras: Updated Clarity II: mana 125 -> 115
Kanras: Talisman of Shadoo and Resist Poison will no longer stack.
Nilbog: Sparkling Sapphire for Burning Rapier quest has had a price reduction.
Nilbog: Innkeep Dolman's wares corrected.
Nilbog: Kindra Farseer drops coin loot and has a longer respawn time.
Nilbog: Quest 'Behead the Freeport Militia' works.
Nilbog: Jemoz Lerkarson will buff players following his prompts, provided they have sufficient faction.
Nilbog: The living version of Lord Grimrot now drops two Pestilence Scythes. Make sure you turn in the no-drop scythe for Aegis quest. The living version has also received an increase in magic resistance. Beware.
Nilbog: Severilous may now drop spells.
Nilbog: Skeleton Private is now a shadowknight with a pet.
Nilbog: Barbed Scale Whip is secondary only. (Post-Epics/PvE only at this time)
Nilbog: Rharzar's pathing has been modified. Formerly terrorizing the hill giant area, he now paths south near the sphinx area.
Nilbog: Fleeting Quiver no longer has weight reduction (bow haste). It will return in Velious.
Nilbog: plasmatic priest no longer despawns while engaged.
Nilbog: Klok Ephmir provides the Dull Cutting Disk for 'Catfish Croak Sandwich' quest.
Nilbog: Quest 'Gharin's Note (evil)' works.
Nilbog: 'Bandit Sashes' quest rewards significantly more coin.
Nilbog: 'Plaguebringer Proof' quest implemented.
Nilbog: Chief Rokgus no longer drops Eye of Rokgus. It has been moved to the burynai slaves of nurga. (At the time epics are released, PvE only at this time)
Nilbog: Oasis of Marr: Many of the roaming npcs in the dunes should have a low % chance of spawning a sand giant. Pumas and asps should no longer path into the water.
Nilbog: 'Knargon Lenenda Courier Quest': Added missing text, faction, exp, coin rewards. Guard Stald no longer drops his badge every time.
Nilbog: Trooper Larrin is replaced at night by Trooper Selbat. ('Restraining Order' quest)
Nilbog: Xelha Nevagon's quests are now MQable. 'Xelha's Cyclops Eye' requires kindly or better faction.
Nilbog: Quest 'Wolf Meat for Wista' works.
Nilbog: Lord Gongo now spawns.
Nilbog: 'Blood Soaked Plasmatic Priest Robe' only drops from the plasmatic priest.
Nilbog: Misty Thicket: giant wasps will be seen more frequently during the day. They will be replaced by undead at night.
Nilbog: goblin wizards of permafrost spawn in many more locations. Heart of Frost has a higher % chance to drop.
Nilbog: Nexona has lost the ability to Dragon Harm Touch
Nilbog: Shralok orcs of Kithicor no longer despawn at night
Nilbog: Various areas in Castle Mistmoore spawn living npcs during the day, yet undead at night. Beware.
Nilbog: Kinlo Strongarm's brick quest works at apprehensive or better faction. His hails still require indifferent.
Nilbog: Veridix's Shortsword now procs Force Shock instead of Static Shock.
Nilbog: Bloodgill goblins now adorn their classic green skin.
Nilbog: Spirit Caller Beads will more commonly be found on spirit caller goblins.
Nilbog: Robe of Invocation is now known by its original name Solist's Robe of Invocation
Nilbog: Dervish Cutthroats drop bronze once again.
Nilbog: a ratman guard always drops the dusty tome.
Nilbog: froglok raiders are rarer than before.
Nilbog: Amulet of Necropotence is only equippable by pure casters. (effect is still usable from inventory)
Nilbog: Triplet spawn of sirens corrected in Ocean of Tears. They are day spawns with Brawn and Dragoons spawning at night.
Nilbog: Kedge Keep: Cauldronboil and Cauldronbubble have much longer respawn times.
Nilbog: Rod Segment 'II' now drops in Dalnir. 'Long Iron Rod' quest now works.
Nilbog: Deepwater Helm casting time increased to 10 seconds. (PvE only at this time. Changes for PvP with epics.)
Nilbog: Wurmslayer no longer fits in the secondary or ranged slots. (PvE only at this time. Changes for PvP with epics.)
Nilbog: Lily Ashwood no longer requires you to be exactly level 50 to discuss Call of Flame quest.
Nilbog: Gnome race removed from Shadowknight or Paladin only items.
Nilbog: Halfling race removed from Paladin or Ranger only items.
Nilbog: Kylong armor may no longer be equipped by Barbarians, Trolls, or Ogres.
Nilbog: Fungus Covered Scale Tunic is no longer magical.
Nilbog: Betty Brickbaker's wares corrected.
Nilbog: High level fire pets no longer cast FireElementalAura
Nilbog: Water Sprinkler of Nem Ankh clickable at level 50.
Nilbog: There may only be one Gash Flockwalker.
Nilbog: Leanon Ruskey spawns during the day. Quinon Hulleaf spawns during the night.
Nilbog: Removed experience and coin reward from 'Shark Hunting' quest.
Nilbog: Faldor Hendrys spawns much less frequently and has a placeholder.
Nilbog: Sundawg/nilbog - Sebilis npcs have received tweaks to their ability to see invisible. Beware.
Nilbog: Sundawg/nilbog - Several NPCs in Castle Mistmoore, Nagafen's Lair, Timorous Deep, Trakanon's Teeth, Firiona Vie, Highpass, and Highkeep have gained 'green aggro'.
Nilbog: Quest 'Recharge Prayer Beads' now works. (amiable or better, gold only, multiquestable)
Nilbog: Ragebringer is no longer equippable in the ranged slot. (PvE only at this time. Changes for PvP after epics.)
Nilbog: Incarnadine Breastplate may now be clicked from inventory. (Nerfed a few months into Velious)
Nilbog: Ainla Yurimar now sells Spell: Word of Spirit
Nilbog: Faydedar always drops Pod of Seawater.
Nilbog: Throneblade of the Ykesha drops less frequently than Mace of the Shadowed Soul.
Nilbog: npc Spinflint created. It may rarely be found wandering the Gorge of King Xorbb.
Nilbog: Plane of Sky - Quest item recharging now works. You may purchase mana batteries from the Key Master.
Nilbog: Theodast Wuggmump now exists. You may rarely encounter him in the Mountains of Rathe.
Nilbog: Beware fighting 'kerran' animals and insects in Erud's Crossing. The Kerran race will assist them.
Nilbog: Male revenants in the Plane of Hate rarely drop Wand of Swords.
Nilbog: Runed Bone Fork is now range : 50. Be careful not to throw it if you want to keep it!
Nilbog: Ring of the Dead is no drop.
Nilbog: Killing Kazen Fecae triggers the Bone Golem chain.
Nilbog: Modani Qu'Loni gives an Enchanter's Sack upon request.
Nilbog: Gunthak Harpoon is no rent.
Nilbog: Bone Mask of the Jarsath now drops rarely from unnamed Sebilis beetles.
Sundawg: Lord Vizaroth switched from CabilisResidents to CrusadersofGreenmist faction.
Sundawg: Succulents are no longer social.
Sundawg: Fixed some faction and faction hits with high elf NPCs in Crushbone.
Sundawg: Ssolet Dnaas placed on CabilisResidents faction
Sundawg: Lord Nagafen runs at low health now
Sundawg: Trakanon runs at low health
Sundawg: Trakanon's agro radius has increased
Sundawg: Vedico Windwisper hitpoints increased.
Sundawg: Dapper Blackhammer no longer spawns.
Sundawg: Increased agro radius of imp protectors and lava guardians in soldungb.
Sundawg: Lowered agro radius of Ice Giants in Everfrost Peaks
Sundawg: Master Yael no longer tolerates any outsiders.
Sundawg: Human necromancers no longer KOS to the OrderofThree
Sundawg: The Burning Dead have returned to Befallen
Sundawg: Several dozen factionless NPCs have been assigned a faction.
Sundawg: The Sand Giants and Dark Bargainers will war over control of South Ro
Sundawg: Ponila Quickfingers switched from coalitionoftradefolk to circleofunseenhands
Sundawg: A few evil guildmasters in East Freeport switched to Dismal Rage faction
Sundawg: Faction revamp of Kerra Isle completed.
Sundawg: Some quests in Kerra Isle will now reward a greater faction adjustment
Sundawg: a_dancing_skeleton in TD will no longer be perma-rooted.
Sundawg: only one a_dancing_skeleton can be up at a time in TD
Sundawg: adjusted respawn times of a few NPCs in Neriak Third Gate and Lake of Ill Omen.
Sundawg: Lenka Stoutheart's Pouch quest will no longer give RoguesoftheWhiteRose faction
Sundawg: Theron Rolius Sharkskin quest will no longer give any faction adjustments
Sundawg: Adjusted see invisibility/ITU/see hide-sneak rates of some NPCs in Kaesora, The Hole, Trakanon's Teeth, Burning Wood, Old Sebilis, Permafrost Keep, Nagafen's Lair, Plane of Hate and Firiona Vie.
Sundawg: Raptors, Fish, and Gators in the Timorous Deep are no longer considered animals.
Sundawg: Ghouls in the Estate of Unrest will flee at low health
Sundawg: Certain traditional "noob" guards have had their magic resistance enhanced
Sundawg: The Gargoyle guards in The Overthere are somewhat more resistant to magic
Sundawg: Frogloks of Trakanons Teeth have decided to cleanse the jungle of dangerous wildlife.
Sundawg: The monks and dojo shopkeepers of Freeport are now AshenOrder faction.
Sundawg: The monks of Qeynos will now stand together when threatened.
Sundawg: Some denizens of the more extreme environments of Antonica are now more resilient to the element they are accustomed to.
Sundawg: A wave of xenophobia has roiled the Sarnak tribes, beware.
Sundawg: Damage done by some bats and bugs within Nagafen's Lair will now better reflect their level.
Sundawg: Pirates of Gunthak have learned to conceal their identity among the citizens of Firiona Vie and escape notice by them.

quido
02-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Rogean: Mobs will no longer immediately aggro players within 3 seconds of spawning

Should make the poopsock a little less futile =P

Nogdar
02-17-2013, 08:08 AM
Forgive my noobitude and lack of IT skills but can someone clarify/translate :

Updated Banshee Aura: buffdurationformula 7 -> 9, buffduration 30 -> 90, effect_base_value1 -8 -> -6, max1 0 -> 12, formula1 100 -> 110

please?

I guess first part means buff lasts much longer, which is nice, but what else? Thanks :)

maverixdamighty
02-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Rogean: Mobs will no longer immediately aggro players within 3 seconds of spawning

Should make the poopsock a little less futile =P

also pb ae spells not hitting unless having them targetted...

Duckforceone
02-17-2013, 08:22 AM
'Bandit Sashes' quest rewards significantly more coin.

dang it.. and last night i turned in 16 sashes... :D

Rogean
02-17-2013, 08:22 AM
also pb ae spells not hitting unless having them targetted...

PBAE spells do not have a target.

senna
02-17-2013, 08:45 AM
High level fire pets no longer cast FireElementalAura

poor mages.. nerfed into the ground lol

Shinko
02-17-2013, 08:58 AM
no fte shouts?

Twain
02-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Are AEs with dispel components fixed on red now??

kazima441
02-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Guild tags are ghetto, fix this shit.

Twain
02-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Half the people on Red99 are snared. Bard speed does not effect run speed.

Tecmos Deception
02-17-2013, 09:25 AM
What does "ITU"/"ITU spells" mean?

Twain
02-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Fungi = Snared tested and confirmed.

Hailto
02-17-2013, 09:32 AM
I keep getting "error in your gui xml files" what the fuck is that?

Hailto
02-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Literally can't even log in, have patched like 100 times.

sabinrf24
02-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Confirming my fungi tunic is making me slow. Upside: people get to see my bare ogre chest.

Austrianna
02-17-2013, 09:43 AM
What does "ITU"/"ITU spells" mean?

Invis To Undead.

Guild tags are ghetto, fix this shit.

Yeah, there should space after the surname and before the guild tag.

6746n
02-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Safe fall isn't working now. Just took 32000 dmg on my monk from running over the EJ cliff like i always do.

Hailto
02-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Error in your GUI XML files. Check UI errors .txt

What does this mean, ive tried to patch though the launcher and manually, how do i fix this

Hailto
02-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Error in your GUI XML files. Check UI errors .txt

What does this mean, ive tried to patch though the launcher and manually, how do i fix this

Hailto
02-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Fix this shit, what is it?

Tecmos Deception
02-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Sundawg: Ponila Quickfingers switched from coalitionoftradefolk to circleofunseenhands

Looks like this wasn't the only merchant in the freeport area who changed factions? My usual recharge merchant in NFP won't talk to my dark elf enchanter anymore.

arsenalpow
02-17-2013, 11:06 AM
you can't hit mobs in sky, and if you do somehow get aggro mobs fly around aimlessly without attacking

edit: also spells say "you can't see this mob" etc etc - you can hit them with javs though

Chloroform
02-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Also my non kos chars in chardok are now kos

Vertiggo
02-17-2013, 11:17 AM
how do i patch files i dont know where they go

tehruoh
02-17-2013, 11:22 AM
no epics for red?

/sad

bloodgrave
02-17-2013, 11:23 AM
also snared with fungi tunic

Chloroform
02-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Nilbog: Incarnadine Breastplate may now be clicked from inventory. (Nerfed a few months into Velious)

does not work in inventory
"You cannot use this item unless it is equipped"

Ravager
02-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Rogue looking for king group.

Calabee
02-17-2013, 11:53 AM
lol yea, gratz now u can pick pocket fungi tunic

Rhambuk
02-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Love the classic guildtag but i believe your missing a space

Right now its Name Name<Guild>

Think there should be a space
name name <Guild>

i might be wrong it just didnt look right

nilbog
02-17-2013, 12:01 PM
also snared with fungi tunic

Fixed. Needs update.

does not work in inventory
"You cannot use this item unless it is equipped"

Fixed. Needs update.

sabinrf24
02-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Thanks Nilbog, for looking at our reports so quickly and for volunteering on a Sunday morning :)

Pulpfiction13
02-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Is there a way to change a file type somewhere and get the guild tags to go back below peoples name? I'm OCD and I literally may not be able to play if I cannot. May sound silly to some but its serious to me.

Kmartkid
02-17-2013, 12:09 PM
fungi tunic seems to still not be fixed

Ele
02-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Is there a way to change a file type somewhere and get the guild tags to go back below peoples name? I'm OCD and I literally may not be able to play if I cannot. May sound silly to some but its serious to me.

/showname 1 (2 3 4 0)

Sorry brews, this command is not classic, bug report submitted !

Ele
02-17-2013, 12:10 PM
fungi tunic seems to still not be fixed

He has to patch again bro, give it some time.

Mikeblue
02-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Yes, my Fungi is still Snaring my movement speed, please please help.

Mikeblue
02-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Ahh fixed, needs update, i can wait till then, thanks. i must read the whole forum next time lol sorry.

nilbog
02-17-2013, 12:16 PM
We're waiting to see if anything else is reported broken before repatching.

DeathByCactus
02-17-2013, 12:19 PM
So does this mean Rogues are no longer welcome at Fungi camp? Since I assume Fungi is now pick pocketable. Dang, I just liquidated my Rogue last night.

Ravager
02-17-2013, 12:19 PM

I would actually be interested to see what the ruling is when a rogue who is not part of the king group pp's their king. A year ago I petitioned when a rogue not in my group pp'd the gems off my group's bugs while we were engaged with them and Amelinda said it was alright. 80k pp would be quite steal.

shwally
02-17-2013, 12:33 PM
If you're and officer in your guild and do /getguildmotd it clears whatever message that was on it.

Byrjun
02-17-2013, 12:35 PM
I've crashed every single time I've zoned since this patch. Once I zone, nothing ever loads, I have to right click and close the window and reload the game for every single zone.

DeathByCactus
02-17-2013, 12:44 PM
I would actually be interested to see what the ruling is when a rogue who is not part of the king group pp's their king. A year ago I petitioned when a rogue not in my group pp'd the gems off my group's bugs while we were engaged with them and Amelinda said it was alright. 80k pp would be quite steal.

The only solution I see is the legal training and EXP killing of any rogues in the area.

EDIT:

ALSO

Where are the spell file updates?

Kimmie
02-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Nilbog: Wurmslayer no longer fits in the secondary or ranged slots. (PvE only at this time. Changes for PvP with epics.) [/LIST]

sad times for Dinosaur....
and where do the wurmslayers that were in said slots go to....? Because mine sure is disappeared :(

Mikeblue
02-17-2013, 01:02 PM
Hrm, i cant seem to give my necro pet any weapons to hold....

Ele
02-17-2013, 01:05 PM
The only solution I see is the legal training and EXP killing of any rogues in the area.

EDIT:

ALSO

Where are the spell file updates?

First post

This patch contains new files. Please obtain the latest EQChanges V26 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv26.zip) from the setup guide,

Mikeblue
02-17-2013, 01:05 PM
figured the problem out.
the pet was still agroed on a mob that attacked me earlier that i had FD'd to get away...

Treats
02-17-2013, 01:09 PM
and where do the wurmslayers that were in said slots go to....? Because mine sure is disappeared :(

Try relogging, should show up then.

Kutsumo
02-17-2013, 01:09 PM

Yep, my wurmslayer in range slot disappeared. - relogging did not fix it.

Treats
02-17-2013, 01:16 PM

There should be a level cap on mobs that you can pickpocket.

I think it is Level 45 or (Your level - 5).

You shouldn't be able to pickpocket King since he is 57.

You also should not be able to Pick Pocket worn or wielded items, not sure if King wears it though :P

Calabee
02-17-2013, 01:23 PM

You also should not be able to Pick Pocket worn or wielded items, not sure if King wears it though :P

there's no lvl cap, saw a lvl 12 rog pick pocket parchment from a lvl 45 gm

Treats
02-17-2013, 01:27 PM
2.16. Is there a level cap for pickpocketing creatures?

Yes. The cap is either level 45 or your (own level - 5), whichever is higher. So, until level 50 you will only be able to pickpocket mobs that are level 1-45, but starting at level 51 you can pick higher mobs (46) too, until at level 60 where you are able to pick mobs that are up to level 55.

http://teir-dal.tripod.com/id47.html

Ele
02-17-2013, 01:34 PM
http://teir-dal.tripod.com/id47.html

Ele
02-17-2013, 01:35 PM
there's no lvl cap, saw a lvl 12 rog pick pocket parchment from a lvl 45 gm

time for emergency patch

Tumdumm
02-17-2013, 01:56 PM
fd was nearly useless before patch

predicting deleting it from my spellbook after patch

Mikeblue
02-17-2013, 02:00 PM
lol. are you shutting off attack before you FD?

Thulack
02-17-2013, 02:02 PM
All zone loading writing is gone now? I get no Entering (zone) zoning anywhere now.

Tumdumm
02-17-2013, 02:08 PM
lol. are you shutting off attack before you FD?

yes, but they remember you and come back when you get up even as long as 15 minutes after fd (before patch without using hide first)

Ele
02-17-2013, 02:13 PM
All zone loading writing is gone now? I get no Entering (zone) zoning anywhere now.

Not classic. You have to wait to load to find out that druid dropped you in Toxx.

Thulack
02-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Not classic. You have to wait to load to find out that druid dropped you in Toxx.

Thats fine if it is didnt remember that but its not listed in patch. Only thing listed in patch about loading titles was that the Mines of Gloomsdeep text got removed and changed to loading (hometown)... making me think that removal of the whole text while it might not be classic was a error.

Extunarian
02-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Thats fine if it is didnt remember that but its not listed in patch. Only thing listed in patch about loading titles was that the Mines of Gloomsdeep text got removed and changed to loading (hometown)... making me think that removal of the whole text while it might not be classic was a error.

Code

[B]Kanras: (Secrets) Removed 'Entering Mines of Gloomingdeep' text for new character and 'Entering xxxxx' text upon zoning.

Mikeblue
02-17-2013, 02:39 PM
yes, but they remember you and come back when you get up even as long as 15 minutes after fd (before patch without using hide first)

Yeah, i understand that mob threat memory has been increased, but now it is where it is supposeed to be at, and it will cause problems but FD is still a usefull tool and still has a chance for mem wipe, just FD more :D

Leftoverture
02-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Cool now maybe I can split mobs given 10-15 tries

Also still no raster fix? Been broken for over 3 months and now that you've put epics in it's pretty necessary

nilbog
02-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Also still no raster fix? Been broken for over 3 months and now that you've put epics in it's pretty necessary

Should have been fixed. Let me know if its not.

Tumdumm
02-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Cool now maybe I can split mobs given 10-15 tries

hehe til some level 5 mob that aggroed you too casts some level 1 nuke that you resist and it makes you stand back up hehehhe

its ok tho we'll just fd again not like we got nerds to slay

supres
02-17-2013, 03:29 PM
i just tried pulling the butcherblock dock dwarves and its telling me i cannot see the target, when im literally standing next to them.....im kos and they dont even attack...

Thulack
02-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Yes as i said the only change with zone loading name changing was from when you make a new character. There was no where listed that they were removing all Zoning text. If they ment on removing all zoning text then that Update Kanaras did was pointless.

Sorry post was suppose to include quote from Extrur up there.

nilbog
02-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Kanras: (Secrets) Removed 'Entering Mines of Gloomingdeep' text for new character and 'Entering xxxxx' text upon zoning.

Is this not working? It should eliminate the 'Entering Zonename' when you zone.

Seltius
02-17-2013, 03:43 PM
I dont remember mobs ever seeing through FD if you resisted spells. Anyone remember something I dont?

But then again my monk didnt become my main until about a week after DAoC came out and our monks all went to check that game out. So maybe it was changed sometime in release of Velious.

Thulack
02-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Is this not working? It should eliminate the 'Entering Zonename' when you zone.

ah my bad i missed the word "and" i thought i was just corrected from entering gloomsdeep to Entering (actual zone). Gotta stop wake n baking :)

Somekid123
02-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Nilbog, you can no longer see what zone you are entering when zoning, fixed as intened.

-Love Andain

CodyF86
02-17-2013, 03:55 PM
I can confirm raster is fine. He died late last night just fine for monk. :)

Giovanni
02-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Exp bonus is broken on red.

Kimmie
02-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Yep, my wurmslayer in range slot disappeared. - relogging did not fix it.

Killing yourself apparently does the trick.

nilbog
02-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Killing yourself apparently does the trick.

Correct. Tested in game.

Purplefluffybunny
02-17-2013, 04:37 PM
I've noted, on red, that some items are now selling to vendors at lower prices as-well-as dropping less often, post patch. I did not spot said changes in the patch notes.

I am also noticing exp being slower on red post patch.

EDIT: Details on first issue. Large High Quality Ore dropping of goblins in sol a. 1) dropped as the only ore type exclusively (grind for 48hrs) pre patch 2) Sold for 49pp @ Nerriak Armory. Post patch, drops less often and sells for just 16pp.

Shiv
02-17-2013, 05:20 PM
I know on live when you FD, and invis/hide when you got up, you would not regain agro from the FD mobs.

This is why the pre-nerfed circlet of shadows was so valuable. Also if you resist a spell, that should not break your FD.

Duckforceone
02-17-2013, 05:24 PM
I've noted, on red, that some items are now selling to vendors at lower prices as-well-as dropping less often, post patch. I did not spot said changes in the patch notes.

I am also noticing exp being slower on red post patch.

EDIT: Details on first issue. Large High Quality Ore dropping of goblins in sol a. 1) dropped as the only ore type exclusively (grind for 48hrs) pre patch 2) Sold for 49pp @ Nerriak Armory. Post patch, drops less often and sells for just 16pp.

have you checked your faction? they did more around alot of faction on vendors...

Purplefluffybunny
02-17-2013, 05:28 PM
have you checked your faction? they did more around alot of faction on vendors...

I will try another vendor with a higher faction value. Regardless, the large high quality ore is dropping a lot less now. Exp also seems less on red post patch.

Sinlore
02-17-2013, 05:29 PM
I know on live when you FD, and invis/hide when you got up, you would not regain agro from the FD mobs.

This is why the pre-nerfed circlet of shadows was so valuable. Also if you resist a spell, that should not break your FD.

This

psyops
02-17-2013, 05:30 PM
On red at least, whatever you guys did, now the only merchant in East Cabalis who sold water flasks no longer does.

Klok Sweetzie in East Cabalis (near the bank) should sell water flasks.. in fact you cant do certain tradeskills now because no water flasks.

Hailto
02-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Can anyone else confirm that Vert UI does not work with the latest patch?

ardikus
02-17-2013, 06:07 PM

Need some proof to get this nerf reverted

Ele
02-17-2013, 06:07 PM
awesome patch, would download again A+

Glasken
02-17-2013, 06:25 PM

Glasken
02-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Forgive my noobitude and lack of IT skills but can someone clarify/translate :

Updated Banshee Aura: buffdurationformula 7 -> 9, buffduration 30 -> 90, effect_base_value1 -8 -> -6, max1 0 -> 12, formula1 100 -> 110

please?

I guess first part means buff lasts much longer, which is nice, but what else? Thanks :)

Buff's base damage is now 6, scales up via formula to a max of 12. Duration tripled.

Sunnyvale
02-17-2013, 06:54 PM
For the people complaining about losing Wurmslayer in their ranged. Equip a different item in your range slot then relog, it should be on your cursor upon logging back in.

Worked for me with my Ragebringer!

FeelunGuud
02-17-2013, 07:33 PM
I extracted all these files and unblocked them but I'm still getting an error saying my spell files are out of date. Whats going on?

Austrianna
02-17-2013, 07:45 PM

I played a necro with a pre nerf circlet for my entire live career and it never worked like this as far back as I can remember. Necro was my first main.

topgun1027
02-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Hi, a few have asked already. The EQ Launcher won't auto update for me for some reason.. so where do I extract these files? I don't want to toss them in the sony/everquest folder and over write files.

Can someone explain exactly please? Thanks.

EDIT question answered forum link to anyone else searching.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=98655

pharmakos
02-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Nilbog: Rharzar's pathing has been modified. Formerly terrorizing the hill giant area, he now paths south near the sphinx area.

thank youuuuuuu

Chokan
02-17-2013, 08:19 PM
The Sky broke for me, now it is black and dark during the day. Anyone know how to fix?

FeelunGuud
02-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Topgun, did you do anything special besides whats in that post because it isnt working for me for some reason. I've tried it a few times but everytime I get the same error. Am I supposed to patch using eq emulator or something? And whenever I log out and log back in the old files are back in my project 1999 folder.

Austrianna
02-17-2013, 08:29 PM
I really don't know what timeline the server is following since live would have long since had velious but here are some results I found digging through various search terms regarding circlets and feign death. It's hard to find stuff from the early 2000s. I wish google hadn't turned into the useless pile of advertising crap it is now.

http://www.necrotalk.com/showthread.php?t=799

03-01-2004, 06:00 PM #5
daisydeadpetels

my favorite item: pre-nerf circlet of shadow, it's an instant clicky gather shadows

Got aggro? Simply feign death, then stand and click on your invis, and walk away from the mob who has no idea that you're still there.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=26038

the lowdown
QuoteReply
# May 24 2004 at 7:40 PM Rating: Decent
fasterfind
101 posts
Doesn't drop anymore. Worth 200K easy. When invis, that means you're untargetable. I also heard (unverified) that if you're feign death and a mob is standing over you, you can cast invis before the mob notices you getting up.

-----------------

Jun 22 2004 at 3:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Zephur
Scholar
56 posts
You clearly don't get it. If you have to FD off a NPC and it camps on top of you, you can stand and click this invis before it has time to get aggro.

If you don't have one, you'll never understand how good it is to have. Totally worth 100K or more.

This one seems to indicate that in 2001 before the CoS drop nerf, you were able to stand and invis after FD. The SK mentions he knows he can at least get harmshield off after FD if his circlet ends up with a cast time.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1441

Jul 02 2001 at 10:49 AM Rating: Decent
Reegor
330 posts
If VI got their act togather and had a feature so that they could nerf items that no longer drop, like this, on certain servers only, then we would be fine. This nerf (and soon to be re-nerf) took place because they added new code for pvp so as soon as someone became invisable, everyone targeting them would lose their targets. The insta-cast on the circlet makes it so that people can spam a hotkey and get from place to place while being invulnerable to player attacks. Yes, once again, we all get screwed because of a PvP exploit. I would be very suprised if they nerfed the circlet of shadow down to 5 seconds like the new one. I more expect that it will be a bit better than the circlet of shadows. If it is less than a second, I will be satisfied because then I can PROBABLY refresh invis before aggro. (I know I can always get harm shield up before aggro if i am feigned right next to a kos mob) But, they won't do that either, methinks. I am expecting 3 or 4 seconds. My advice, sell the circlet you have before they nerf it. If I spent long enough in EC, I could find some sap to buy it from me for 20k most likely. At least, the price checks have been in that range. Then you will have 20k, they will nerf the circlet down and you can buy another one for 2k and you will be happy in knowing that you got something out of it.

Oh and I found an archived thread via google from THIS forum that seems to indicate it ALWAYS worked where you could stand and invis after FD with no change to the /con if you're fast.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-26385.html

Various posts:

"See now theres this thing, ya all seem to think the coolest part of this is being able to invis while something is standing over you right after standing up from feign and it not getting agro...yer missing the BEST part. The invis is FASTER then that, if you time it JUST right (hitting stand and invis buttons at ALMOST the exact same time...) and said mob doesnt see invis....it will never register you stood up at all until invis breaks. you go from conning indif to conning indif so fast it thinks yer still feigned. lets say the mob is a roamer, prior to the feign death changes it would never have forgotten about you no matter how long you stayed feigned. if you stood up and cast a normal invis, even if its not near you, it will damn sure remember you and come running soon as its near ya, but if you use a prenerf CoS, it will think yer still feigned as long as the invis holds up...very handy for making quick getaways prior to the feign death changes....not so much anymore"

I don't know which FD changes he was referring to as by 2004 I was no longer playing, however I do know in Kunark era we should be able to do this without any issues. Not sure what the problem is, I'd imagine it has something to do with latency (or lack thereof) as it works on threatening mobs with their slight aggro delay but not Scowls. If there is any way to address this it should definitely be looked at as it really is the entire reason CoS was such a sought after and class defining item for both necros and SKs.

-------------------

Just chimeing in- as this is indeed true, you also could recast prenerf cos while running thru mobs with no agro etc etc- stand->insta invs = the awsome

-------------------

The aggro checks after standing will be almost instantly. The mechanic is not there for this to work. Playing an SK on live, I know how this should work. This and sneak pulling need to be worked on.

---------------------

The CoS (even prenerf) was 'nerfed' to a .1 second cast. It still worked though, then, AND now on Live servers. Which I'm sorry, your server doesn't run better than Live servers, not even close.

I could out pull any one on my raids, mobs that needed split we always used me on my SK to split cause no one could touch me. DC mob, run away, Feign, wait til reset stand, and pull 1 out of an infinite number of KoS mobs, OR, tag, run, snare, Feign, stand and insta invis, wait til mobs moved, tag and pull. Tons of ways to do it, but the insta and .1 cast on the CoS made no difference to this mechanic.

---------------------

The CoS (even prenerf) was 'nerfed' to a .1 second cast. It still worked though, then, AND now on Live servers. Which I'm sorry, your server doesn't run better than Live servers, not even close.
I know live servers have better funding. You do the math.

The mechanic is not there to support this in the server code. It has nothing to do with latency, server performance, etc.

There needs to be a slight delay from the time you stand up, until there is an aggro check performed or the mobs sucessively aggro, something. Messing with how mobs aggro can affect so many things, so making changes is very tricky.

I know proximity here will aggro mobs faster than on live. I think that is where the key is. Its almost as if you need to pass 2 checks, about 1 sec apart, before the mob will aggro. If that is the case, that time interval needs determined.

------------------------

Just wanted to further confirm the circlet should be allowing non-aggro invis clicks immediately upon standing from FD. Chain clicking while running should also result in no aggro. Unfortunately I'm not sure what the trick was on live for this to be implemented :( I'll see if I can find anything.

---------------------

Just wanted to further confirm the circlet should be allowing non-aggro invis clicks immediately upon standing from FD. Chain clicking while running should also result in no aggro. Unfortunately I'm not sure what the trick was on live for this to be implemented :( I'll see if I can find anything.
The server is not programmed to support CoS working like it did on live.

There is no trick. It just worked. I know how it should work.

I have a fix almost finished. I figured how why live worked the way it does. I have some data to take, and some timing to figure out. But I almost have the CoS behavior totally replicated from how it used to work.

Lucky for me, I have a Pre-Nerf CoS on live. So I have one to test with.

--------------------

Ele
02-17-2013, 08:59 PM
I really don't know what timeline the server is following since live would have long since had velious but here are some results I found digging through various search terms regarding circlets and feign death. It's hard to find stuff from the early 2000s. I wish google hadn't turned into the useless pile of advertising crap it is now.

This one seems to indicate that in 2001 before the CoS drop nerf, you were able to stand and invis after FD. The SK mentions he knows he can at least get harmshield off after FD if his circlet ends up with a cast time.

Oh and I found an archived thread via google from THIS forum that seems to indicate it ALWAYS worked where you could stand and invis after FD with no change to the /con if you're fast.

The timeline for this server is skewed at the moment since Velious is being hand made and not just an import of the PEQ database. You also have to think of P99 as a beta test. We have to get the timeline and patches correct for a properly-implemented timeline-correct server in a few years. If something changed in a patch (December 2001) Luclin or later, you can count on it not occurring here (baring technical limitations).

Austrianna
02-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Exactly. FD wasn't connected to anything else. You lost agro randomly on mobs as soon as you feigned. Everyone who played a monk knows this. Sometimes you'd wipe the ones you wanted, sometimes the opposite. Every time you feigned was a roll of the dice, no sneak, no hide, no invis effected FD or agro unless the mobs were on different factions.

True!! I remember waiting for the spell gem to refresh before standing and invising so that you could quickly FD again if it didn't work the first time.

Mobs that reset back to their spawn point would forget you, but roaming mobs would be a roll of the dice

Ozst
02-17-2013, 10:32 PM
as a monk during classic times, even resisted spells broke FD. and i know sneak/hide didnt help at all for breaking aggro. hence every monk /q'ing during raids when a bad pull was done and roamers were aggrod. a monks pulling ability used to seperate the men from the boys, hopefully we'll see less crappy monks now?

SamwiseRed
02-18-2013, 01:49 AM
think red xp bonus got nerfed.

nilbog
02-18-2013, 02:32 AM

The pickpocket level cap should already be in place and working.

Treats
02-18-2013, 04:43 AM
Rogues welcome at King once again!

aborted
02-18-2013, 04:53 AM
The xp on red, seems a bit off. Maybe i am wrong, just seems like i was getting more xp per kill yesturday.

Tarigin
02-18-2013, 06:05 AM
Thanks for making Monks autoattack class!

isoka
02-18-2013, 06:57 AM
The Sky broke for me, now it is black and dark during the day. Anyone know how to fix?

Try to go in your options window, display tab.
To the right there is a field named sky options. Change it to single layer or other.

Nogdar
02-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Buff's base damage is now 6, scales up via formula to a max of 12. Duration tripled.

Thank you sir

Kmartkid
02-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Fungi still seems to be snared

Purplefluffybunny
02-18-2013, 09:57 AM
The xp on red, seems a bit off. Maybe i am wrong, just seems like i was getting more xp per kill yesturday.

:mad:

Can't the devs just look at the previous build to find the value? (I ask that as in game that was what was said to be 'unknown' by nilbog).

Norok
02-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Sundawg: Raptors, Fish, and Gators in the Timorous Deep are no longer considered animals.

I do not understand this. Raptors have always been animals in TD. Is this an error or a purposeful nerf to a classic known druid camp in some way?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3948
Animal

http://thedruidsgrove.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=81
Timourous Deep:
Vicious Raptor (44-48, 4.5k HP) [Charmable]

Not to mention several modern P99 guides that have made this camp an integral part of druid charm kiting tactics.

What gives? :confused:

SamwiseRed
02-18-2013, 10:42 AM
originally they werent animals according to some posts. nothing about charming them till luclin ish.

You are useless, cause brad mquad's word is the law.

Shit not making any sense? Why does your class exists? Well, here's the answer for you:

SHIT'S CLASSIC

latest post about charming them on the allah post you linked is 2004

that guide you linked about druid charms in from 2010

Quiksilver
02-18-2013, 11:28 AM

Clickable by anyone or by WAR/SHD only?

EDIT: Just read the bugs forum. It's usable by anyone from inventory O.o

Holy shit balls.

ammut
02-18-2013, 02:36 PM
I played a necro with a pre nerf circlet for my entire live career and it never worked like this as far back as I can remember. Necro was my first main.

Wrong, you did NOT get aggro unfaigning and clicking CoS just after. At least that was the case between kunark release and PoP when i quit.

Aprisle
02-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Ok I don't give a shit about the whole Nihilum Azrael troll each other bullshit but why the fuck would you guys do this?

Raptors, Fish, and Gators in the Timorous Deep are no longer considered animals.

Aren't raptors, fish and gators animals?

SamwiseRed
02-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Ok I don't give a shit about the whole Nihilum Azrael troll each other bullshit but why the fuck would you guys do this?

Raptors, Fish, and Gators in the Timorous Deep are no longer considered animals.

Aren't raptors, fish and gators animals?

dont look at it in terms of real world. technically all humanoids are animals as well as scarabs, spiders, beetles, fuck everything that fucking moves pretty much an animal so you can see verant had to draw the line somewhere or druids would have been chanters with heals.

snakes, frogs, lizards, bees, wasps, i could go on. all animals.

Austrianna
02-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Wrong, you did NOT get aggro unfaigning and clicking CoS just after. At least that was the case between kunark release and PoP when i quit.

That's what I mean. On live I never had a problem standing and using circlet after being feigned. I was always able to go along my merry way without the mob going after me.

OMGWTF420
02-19-2013, 01:19 PM

nope, fungus still cant be pickpocketed because they are non-humanoid.

or they shouldnt be anyways, i thought this was addressed when they nerfed pickpocket due to all the tears

nilbog
02-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Fungus king should be too high level to pickpocket based on level cap for pickpocket.

SamwiseRed
02-19-2013, 01:35 PM
nilbog,

just wondering if the xp on red can be addressed or at least confirmed it was nerfed. just lookin for any kind of feedback whether it is intentional or permanent. I hope if the xp bonus is taken away for a more classic server then you will consider removing xp loss upon pvp death because it is not classic. without the xp bonus, the zerg guilds of red could literally delevel everyone on the server if they chose too. thanks.

Victorio
02-22-2013, 07:33 PM
What does:
mean?

Sundawg
02-23-2013, 11:41 AM
What does:
mean?

It means they will no longer help each other in a fight.

Victorio
02-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Well I'm hunting in The Overthere right now and they most certainly are helping each other in fights. (If these are the succulents you are talking about.) In fact their aggro range for helping each other is quite large.

LetTheWookieWin
02-24-2013, 11:36 AM
I ran through TT several times since the last two patches and instead of some of the frogs seeing through invisibility, ALL the frogs see through invisibility without exception.

I recall doing the cycle on live with a druid of similar level during classic and the adjustment seems to be too far to the right of difficult from it's previous level. Not sure if it was intended for the change to be that extreme or not?

Shadin
02-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Comment about the Circlet - I think people are confusing losing agro with not re-agroing due to not seeing invis. I played an SK in Live, the Circlet didn't prevent a mob from remembering you, but it WOULD prevent that mob from agroing again, even if you stood and clicked it right in front of them, as long as the feign worked and that mob did not see invis. Mobs had a greater chance of forgetting if you let them path back, but that wasn't necessary - just a roll of the dice.

So let's say you're blundering through l33t_dungeon_01 and turn corner to face a mob that agros. You feign, but now you're right at his spawn. As long as he doesn't see invis, and your feign worked, you can stand and invis without getting agro again.

Slave
02-25-2013, 02:33 AM
WOW WOULDN'T IT BE AMAZING IF YOU PATCHED THE RAID FIXES LIKE YOU SAID YOU'D DO LIKE SIX MONTHS AGO?!

Slave
02-25-2013, 02:39 AM
WOW WOULDN'T IT BE AMAZING IF YOU PATCHED THE RAID FIXES LIKE YOU SAID YOU'D DO LIKE SIX MONTHS AGO?!

Because we have been waiting literally six months for them.

Devlin666
02-28-2013, 03:54 PM
Can we get the download link to open so I can update my files please !! I do not use the launcher. When I ckick on V26 it just states " Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server!! So please allow it to be opened or saved !!!

Thanks !! :D

Savok
02-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Can we get the download link to open so I can update my files please !! I do not use the launcher. When I ckick on V26 it just states " Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server!! So please allow it to be opened or saved !!!

Thanks !! :D

It was replaced with V27 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv27.zip) the following day.

Devlin666
03-02-2013, 03:39 PM
So ya saying V27 should include everything in V26 ??? I thought V27 was optional while V26 was required ?? :confused:

Savok
03-03-2013, 01:57 AM
Each new file replaces the previous zip, the new one contains everything needed to patch in to the game and is not optional, ever.

Thulack
03-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Each new file replaces the previous zip, the new one contains everything needed to patch in to the game and is not optional, ever.

It doesnt help when the patch is called optional in the first sentence of the post.

KotBK
03-15-2013, 12:16 PM
I was curious why the proc on the Veridix Shortblade was changed? This doesn't appear to be classic as it was accurate being the particular spell it was prior. I apologize if this has been answered already, just doesn't seem to be a legitimate change especially for anyone who has obtained the sword. (I don't have it)

Ele
03-15-2013, 12:54 PM
I was curious why the proc on the Veridix Shortblade was changed? This doesn't appear to be classic as it was accurate being the particular spell it was prior. I apologize if this has been answered already, just doesn't seem to be a legitimate change especially for anyone who has obtained the sword. (I don't have it)

It is actually force shock.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=90327&highlight=Force+Shock

Won't be changed back in our server's timeline.

KotBK
03-16-2013, 01:43 PM
All i went by was the actual everquest sites and none of them had anything other than static strike, which is why i assume it was programmed in that way initially with no other evidence of a change or a patch note amongst other similar sites. What makes that particular site or image more accurate than the others?

Treats
03-16-2013, 06:06 PM
All i went by was the actual everquest sites and none of them had anything other than static strike, which is why i assume it was programmed in that way initially with no other evidence of a change or a patch note amongst other similar sites. What makes that particular site or image more accurate than the others?

I don't know how else to explain this to you but the Static Strike spell is not even listed in the Velious spdat.

It was impossible for it to be the right proc.

quido
04-01-2013, 07:54 PM
yeah succulents confirmed still social

Pringles
04-07-2013, 12:40 AM
Can someone explain the seb see invis change? Havent been there much since patch, but when I was last there it seemed like 100% of everything saw invis. Was this strickly to stop the invis pulls or is this the way it was on live?

Aviann
04-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Can someone explain the seb see invis change? Havent been there much since patch, but when I was last there it seemed like 100% of everything saw invis. Was this strickly to stop the invis pulls or is this the way it was on live?

Its the way it was on live. Beforehand, it was rare to find a see invis, especially beyond the wizard frog threshold. Now, it is pretty accurate. Just weaving out shitty rogues otherwise.

Erg
04-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Hi, I'm a brand new player trying to get this up and running on my computer. The P99 guide as well as this topic both tell me to download the EQ Launcher from "http://www.moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip" however, that link does not work for me, it times out. Is there any way I can get that file, or should I try again later on?

Edit: forgot to say thanks. I'm exciting to play!

Double edit: forget I said anything, the file just worked for me. Seems I spoke too soon. I don't see a delete button for this post, unfortunately.

Pringles
04-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Its the way it was on live. Beforehand, it was rare to find a see invis, especially beyond the wizard frog threshold. Now, it is pretty accurate. Just weaving out shitty rogues otherwise.

OK cool - I must have had some bad luck, every mob I conned near the entrance saw invis last time I was there. I may have to go back and play some more. Thanks.

Aviann
04-08-2013, 12:01 AM
OK cool - I must have had some bad luck, every mob I conned near the entrance saw invis last time I was there. I may have to go back and play some more. Thanks.

May you go with the power of sneak, sir.

sleepr66
06-23-2013, 05:21 PM
IS THIS THE LATEST PATCH? ANOTHER BROKEN LINK "V26".
just trying to find what patch I should get to play the game and they are all broken. Little help finding the correct/working patch. And no, it is not in the "getting started" section.

Ambrotos
06-23-2013, 05:25 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92360

I used that to update my spell files.