PDA

View Full Version : Guild Tag!

Rhambuk
02-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Beyond pumped that its finally after your name. Staring at my guildtag under my name was ruining my immersion

Duckforceone
02-17-2013, 10:07 AM
now having a wall of text showing sideways, with long firstname, long surname, and long title, plus long guildname...

none too happy about this...

eqmaze
02-17-2013, 11:03 AM
now having a wall of text showing sideways, with long firstname, long surname, and long title, plus long guildname...

see necrious lol

SamwiseRed
02-17-2013, 11:09 AM

http://i.imgur.com/0MDiy.jpg

Rhambuk
02-17-2013, 11:30 AM
lol

For those that have issues reading small text, /show 1-4 still work

Ele
02-17-2013, 12:05 PM
/showname 1 forever

Byrjun
02-17-2013, 12:16 PM
People need to start understanding that just because it's classic doesn't mean it's better.

Freakish
02-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Of course it doesn't. I personally hate a lot of what the patch brought and I hope some of the non-classic features are removed. Like fungis now snaring you when worn.

DeathByCactus
02-17-2013, 12:20 PM
People need to start understanding that just because it's classic doesn't mean it's better.

Word. Bye bye guild tags. Such a stupid change.

fullmetalcoxman
02-17-2013, 12:32 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Ele
02-17-2013, 12:34 PM
here to play classic, not classic remix

fullmetalcoxman
02-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Bring back spell book meditation and lock the user interfaces to something more classic please.

Kevynne
02-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Bring back spell book meditation and lock the user interfaces to something more classic please.

NO.

Ele
02-17-2013, 12:39 PM

320x240 viewing window ! and buffs take up pixels !

fullmetalcoxman
02-17-2013, 12:43 PM
After all....

Rhambuk
02-17-2013, 12:44 PM
320x240 viewing window ! and buffs take up pixels !

Its great when you play in 3rd person too, i cant tell you how hard i would rage trying to right click the smallest part of the corner of that window to try and loot and just self inspect, cons etc

formallydickman
02-17-2013, 12:46 PM

bluejam
02-17-2013, 01:22 PM
/showname 1 forever

Davardo
02-17-2013, 01:22 PM
On the subject of name tags, what was EQ Classics font? Mine is currently on Arial and I'd like it to reflect the old school look.

CodyF86
02-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Can we at least get a space between the end of our last name and beggining of guild tag lol?

Kimmie
02-17-2013, 01:47 PM
There's wearing your guild tag loud 'n proud and then there's this...
/shudder
http://oi49.tinypic.com/2r5687b.jpg

Poliwrath
02-17-2013, 01:48 PM
Kimmie can you tell me how you got those textures look a lot better then mine lol

Davardo
Can we at least get a space between the end of our last name and beggining of guild tag lol?

Thats exactly how they fixed it, by taking out the space. Thats what the main page says.

DeathByCactus
I would pay to hear the reasoning behind what idiot thought this was a good idea in live lol.

Kimmie
02-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Kimmie can you tell me how you got those textures look a lot better then mine lol

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2482&highlight=velious+textures

eqmaze
02-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Ban any connection speed beyond 56k
Down with Velious
Viva Classic retrofits!

Poliwrath
02-17-2013, 02:47 PM
The more classic the better

Aroith
02-17-2013, 03:49 PM
That shiz is not classic. Well I mean not classic for project1999! I want the p99 classic guild tag under name!

Poliwrath
02-17-2013, 03:59 PM
da fuq u talking about

Danth
02-17-2013, 04:04 PM
"Ban any connection speed beyond 56k"

Not classic. I had cable in '99.

Guildnames are a wash. Shorter names look better on one line, long names really don't.

Danth

Poliwrath
02-17-2013, 04:07 PM
yeah this helped me remember why long surnames were considered obnoxious on live haha

manwithaplan11
02-17-2013, 05:33 PM
This is a ridiculous change :( So so ugly.

So here's my question - when was this changed to having guild tag underneath name?

Grimmly Fireforge
02-17-2013, 05:35 PM

So here's my question - when was this changed to having guild tag underneath name?

Wasn't changed to undernearth until post-Luclin. Sorry bros.

Deanob
02-17-2013, 05:38 PM
I just dont see the logic in changes like these.

You've had it non classic for 4 years now, why change it all of the sudden.

Serves no purpose, in fact its counter productive at this point.

Tippett
02-17-2013, 05:43 PM
it wasnt changed because they couldnt change it before or werent aware of it

the goal of this project is a classic as possible server regardless if Deanob likes classic features or not

Tenlaar
02-17-2013, 05:53 PM
You really call guild tags being on the same line as names a "feature?" It's ugly and annoying.

Bill Tetley
02-17-2013, 05:55 PM
wondering if there is a flood of petitions for surname removal now heh

Ele
02-17-2013, 05:57 PM
I just dont see the logic in changes like these.

You've had it non classic for 4 years now, why change it all of the sudden.

Serves no purpose, in fact its counter productive at this point.

For the truly classic server in a few years man. This is just the beta.

Ouzin
02-17-2013, 06:22 PM
I love me some real classic. Having the tag under my name was seriously killing my classic feels.

Verant/SOE made a lot of improvements to the game over the years in the way of UI/mechanics/bug fixes. I find is beyond silly that here the game is basically downgraded and it's called hailed as awesome.

Tippett
02-17-2013, 06:24 PM
^
wut

khanable
02-17-2013, 06:37 PM
For the truly classic server in a few years man. This is just the beta.

Yep

They way I see it - and have always seen it - we're all involved in a very large and long public beta test. Once the server is deemed to be as closed to classic as humanly possible they'll release a new server and stick to the timeline.

senna
02-17-2013, 06:48 PM
"its classic"

yet we are all using luclin/Vert ui and killing pretty much any visual immersion in the game anyways

Ele
02-17-2013, 06:53 PM
"its classic"

yet we are all using luclin/Vert ui and killing pretty much any visual immersion in the game anyways

bro just give it time and we'll be back to a 320x240 pixel box with only 6 hotkeys at a time.

Tippett
02-17-2013, 07:03 PM
its because they havent figured out how to get the classic ui working yet

not due to lack of want

Sirken
02-17-2013, 08:31 PM
people need to start understanding this server is a recreation of classic, with the entire goal being getting it as close to classic as possible.

Word. Bye bye guild tags. Such a stupid change.
personally i agree with you. i felt dropping the guild name under the player was one of the better changes made to EQ. that said, this server is a recreation of classic, with the entire goal being getting it as close to classic as possible.

as soon as its possible, you can rest assured it will be added. i for one cant wait to see the QQ that follows as it would most likely disable custom UIs as well as the godawful luclin models that some players use.

already addressed in patch notes, fix is incoming

was changed near end of velious or luclin. on live my -Fated- tag was next to my playername. but i remember my -Macabre- tag was under it. and we started -Macabre- end of Vel / early Luclin

Taresh
02-17-2013, 08:54 PM
The problem with classic ui is that it locks you into 800x600, no matter what. Unless everyone has their old CRT locked away, something has to be done to give it widescreen functionality.

Taresh
02-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Whether that's as simple as expanding the viewport or having to completely redo the ui textures is beyond me.

purist 5.2
02-17-2013, 10:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uMvPxGE.jpg

Gnomebert
02-18-2013, 01:06 AM
Still waiting for my 80% daily downtime before this shits classic, also true classic server wouldnt have been public btw, lock server to non admins for pro classic for life, only real place to go from tag placement imo.

Kagatob
02-18-2013, 01:31 AM
Sirken has spoken. :)

Byrjun
02-18-2013, 01:35 AM
The "but it's classic!" argument is immediately out the window considering that Kunark didn't last for 3 years in classic either.

And Secrets already said over a year ago that he could force the old UI, so that's not it either.

Kagatob
02-18-2013, 01:40 AM
The "but it's classic!" argument is immediately out the window considering that Kunark didn't last for 3 years in classic either..
I don't think you understand the significance of the fact that this is a beta server. After beta the new server will have Kunark/Velius released at approx the lengths of time that they were released in 1999/2000.

And Secrets already said over a year ago that he could force the old UI, so that's not it either.

Yes you can force it in the software, then 99-100% of the server wouldn't be able to play any more because their monitors don't work at that low a resolution. It's a technical problem that they are still trying to solve, nowhere did any of the development team say that they were going to stop trying to find a way to make classic UI work.

Taresh
02-18-2013, 01:42 AM
can force software to run 800x600 classic ui on eqmac just fine, it just runs in a tiny ass window

Hailto
02-18-2013, 01:55 AM
It looks awful and does nothing to affect game play, i don't understand why people are supporting this. I mean i understand if you think it looks better i guess, thats personal opinion but just blindly saying "its classic!" when it makes the game less enjoyable is dumb.

Tippett
02-18-2013, 02:02 AM
shits classic dog on a classic eq server so stfu and gtfo you sob

Taresh
02-18-2013, 02:11 AM
It looks awful and does nothing to affect game play

if it doesnt affect gameplay why do you care about it so damn much

Hailto
02-18-2013, 02:11 AM
^ mad and dumb, was meant for tippet but applies here to both

Also because it doesn't affect gameplay doesn't mean its not annoying and an eyesore.

Taresh
02-18-2013, 02:15 AM
Compass/map/target ring complainers had way more ground to stand on than this shit.

Tippett
02-18-2013, 02:16 AM
im mad thats why im complaining about someone moving words around on my preferred elf simulation

Hailto
02-18-2013, 02:18 AM
But you do not deny allegations of being dumb.

Some common sense needs to be applied when making these changes, thats all im saying. I get the vision of the server, i just don't agree with it sometimes.

Kagatob
02-18-2013, 02:37 AM
Some common sense needs to be applied when making these changes, thats all im saying. I get the vision of the server, i just don't agree with it sometimes.

We know you don't agree. The point is that you are making a stink as if you think your opinion counts.

Guess what, it doesn't. The GM's/Development team have said time and time again that there isn't any line to draw between what's "good classic" and "bad classic" because they are going for 100% classic regardless of how anyone feels.

The thread itself serves some purpose because of the missing space between the surname and guild tag, however your posts on the subject do not.

This isn't meant as a flame, I'm simply pointing out facts, they don't care, it's their vision, not yours. They are simply nice enough to allow you to partake in it.

Rekrul
02-18-2013, 02:41 AM
So this is just beta and all our chars are going to be deleted? When is this supposed to happen?

Hailto
02-18-2013, 02:44 AM
We know you don't agree. The point is that you are making a stink as if you think your opinion counts.

Guess what, it doesn't. The GM's/Development team have said time and time again that there isn't any line to draw between what's "good classic" and "bad classic" because they are going for 100% classic regardless of how anyone feels.

The thread itself serves some purpose because of the missing space between the surname and guild tag, however your posts on the subject do not.

This isn't meant as a flame, I'm simply pointing out facts, they don't care, it's their vision, not yours. They are simply nice enough to allow you to partake in it.

Im simply posting my opinion, I don't believe, nor expect the GMs to reverse a decision based on my dislike of it. Deal with it.

Kagatob
02-18-2013, 02:44 AM
So this is just beta and all our chars are going to be deleted? When is this supposed to happen?

Server might be reset, it might not.

For all we know they will keep the beta server for the sake of the community that it built and do a grand opening on an entirely separate server.

As far as I know nothing has been mentioned on the subject yet.

Kagatob
02-18-2013, 02:45 AM
Im simply posting my opinion, I believe, nor expect the GMs to reverse a decision based on my dislike of it. Deal with it.

Save your tireless bitching and moaning for RnF that's all I'm saying.

Hailto
02-18-2013, 02:46 AM
Unhappiness detected.

Taresh
02-18-2013, 02:46 AM
i would LOVE for kagatob to link some sources

Kagatob
02-18-2013, 02:49 AM

I'll save you the trouble, just look at... oh... any post Sirken made ever.

Hailto
02-18-2013, 02:54 AM
To my knowledge no one has ever said this server is a beta, don't know where you're pulling this from. I would like to see some proof as well.

Rekrul
02-18-2013, 02:59 AM

For all we know they will keep the beta server for the sake of the community that it built and do a grand opening on an entirely separate server.

Ohh, ty for the info. I don't really care about anything since I never played everquest to begin with, only a different emu that was 100% custom for a short while. I really came here to see why everyone laments the old school eq. I acknowledge that the tears for their lost gaming experience and nostalgia are totally justified. As a pathetic newb getting lost 24/7 I find this game incredible.

The only thing I could say is that I suppose I don't like what i've seen of the original ui or the idea of looking at the spell book to meditate, but obviously I've never tried it, so my I'll have to hold my judgement.

Taresh
02-18-2013, 03:13 AM
Don't listen to him, he's talking out of his ass.

Rekrul
02-18-2013, 03:33 AM
Okay, ill wait for the source of his info

Dirtnap
02-18-2013, 09:21 AM
The beta for this server happened 4 years ago. This is a live/launched server.

I can believe that they would restart, or launch a new server later on. Utilizing all of the fixes they have introduced by the end of Velious.

Kungpow
02-18-2013, 10:45 AM
I would look forward to a server restart at the end of the velious stage :)

Rhambuk
02-18-2013, 10:47 AM
1 question, Why do all of you people that hate the classic experience play on a classic server. there are loads of other servers where your tag shows under name, if its that big of a deal go there. you obviously dont care about the classic experience, so the devs/guides arent going to care about how annoyed you are with players long names.

Ele
02-18-2013, 10:59 AM

To my knowledge no one has ever said this server is a beta, don't know where you're pulling this from. I would like to see some proof as well.

Okay, ill wait for the source of his info

The beta for this server happened 4 years ago. This is a live/launched server.

I can believe that they would restart, or launch a new server later on. Utilizing all of the fixes they have introduced by the end of Velious.

I would look forward to a server restart at the end of the velious stage :)

Chill out guys.

Rogean has specifically stated that this server is not being reset.

So when will we get a fresh server reset , everyone back to level 1.

Never.

maximum
02-18-2013, 12:05 PM
The spacing issue with name tags was patched, but not fixed all the way: AFK and LFG are still showing up in the wrong place.

SCB
02-18-2013, 12:23 PM
1 question, Why do all of you people that hate the classic experience play on a classic server. there are loads of other servers where your tag shows under name, if its that big of a deal go there. you obviously dont care about the classic experience, so the devs/guides arent going to care about how annoyed you are with players long names.

While I don't necessarily care about the tag move (I'll just disable them when I get home from work), I think this entire line of argumentation is flawed in the extreme.

People come to this server to play the Classic timeline. Sure there may be some exceptions (you? possibly others?) who want to play on their old PC from '99 with a 14.4k modem and whatnot just to get "those feels" back, but I would wager that the majority wants the Release-Velious gameplay experience. Changes made to the game that do not affect that gameplay experience and were improvements such as UI customization/graphics improvements do nothing for those people but enrich the gameplay experience that they are looking for.

You are being obstinate, if not outright stupid, if you can't at least accept that line of reasoning as legitimate, whether or not the devs/gms aree with it.

Edit: Note Sirken's response - that is a much more legitimizing response than "classic dogg/ get over it nub"

Hailto
02-18-2013, 12:44 PM

Yes, because we think a nameplate change is ugly, we "obviously don't care about the classic experience". Flawless logic.

Rhambuk
02-18-2013, 12:47 PM
While I don't necessarily care about the tag move (I'll just disable them when I get home from work), I think this entire line of argumentation is flawed in the extreme.

People come to this server to play the Classic timeline. Sure there may be some exceptions (you? possibly others?) who want to play on their old PC from '99 with a 14.4k modem and whatnot just to get "those feels" back, but I would wager that the majority wants the Release-Velious gameplay experience. Changes made to the game that do not affect that gameplay experience and were improvements such as UI customization/graphics improvements do nothing for those people but enrich the gameplay experience that they are looking for.

You are being obstinate, if not outright stupid, if you can't at least accept that line of reasoning as legitimate, whether or not the devs/gms aree with it.

Edit: Note Sirken's response - that is a much more legitimizing response than "classic dogg/ get over it nub"

I think "classic dawg" is the only response that matters. because this server is supposed to be as classic as possible, we knew the changes were coming and more still, cant wait for my fullscreen ui. and when people cry im going to say "classic dawg"
if you don't like it dont play it.

SCB
02-18-2013, 12:48 PM
I think "classic dawg" is the only response that matters. because this server is supposed to be as classic as possible, we knew the changes were coming and more still, cant wait for my fullscreen ui. and when people cry im going to say "classic dawg"
if you don't like it dont play it.

Enjoy being "That Guy".

Rhambuk
02-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Enjoy being "That Guy".

At least weve reached and understanding, you dont like me. and i dont care.

work for you?

Droog007
02-18-2013, 01:03 PM
At some point during Velious, was spellbook meditation not completely done away with? Maybe for lvl 35+, at least?

I'd like to know just how bad the UI was at the point when we stop progressing through classic timeline.

And come to think of it - Could the post-Velious "custom content" that has been mentioned possibly include changes like adding back custom UI's?

I might be able to QQ less if there is light at the end of the classic tunnel.

I love classic content... classic interfaces notsomuch. Go ahead and hate.

nilbog
02-18-2013, 01:06 PM
At some point during Velious, was spellbook meditation not completely done away with? Maybe for lvl 35+, at least?

https://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=396970&postcount=36

Droog007
02-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Pre-35 spellbook meditating was removed altogether on 03/19/2002.

I forget what our drop-dead date is for classic patch progression... Any comment on post-Velious "custom content" in terms of UI changes?

purist 5.2
02-18-2013, 04:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yjeisw7.jpgp