PDA

View Full Version : iksar necro banking and vendoring in classic zones

superpov
02-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Really don't like leveling in kunark for the most part.

What can an iksar necro do for :

1. banking

2. vendors (shady swashbuckler ?)

3. necromancer spells

i <3 antonica

Boilon
02-17-2013, 06:34 PM
theres a dark elf merchant in west freeport you can use to sell. This guy sells poisons at the hidden wall by the newbie yard.

You can use the wall trick to use the banker in north freeport if you invis in to the bank and pan out your camera view and click the banker.

Not sure about spells, might be boned unless you buy it on a mule and transfer.

khanable
02-17-2013, 06:35 PM
At first, nothing

You're KOS to every town/banker

Shady should work. Bubar is a no-go. Vendors in EK should work, too.

You can raise NFP faction fairly easily to the point where you can get to the bank without getting ganked, but banker will still be KOS (use the 'ol reach around trick to bank).

Spells.. no clue. Likely have to have an alt buy them up for you or go back to Cab.

Ephirith
02-17-2013, 07:33 PM
It is easy to bank in Neriak as an iksar. They went through and switched factions around a few months ago actually, but I think you can still do it: turn in a few stacks of red wine and you can walk around the majority of Neriak without worry. Dark Bargainers (Which is the banker's faction) will cap way before Dreadguard Outer (guards in Nekutlos, Foreign Quarter, and Commons), at which point you can just invis into the bank, or keep turning in wine until the guards like you.

I have NEVER been attacked on my iksar in Neriak after doing red wine. Then again, I never wandered into the caster's guild.

Tseng
02-17-2013, 07:47 PM
When you get call of bones (34), you can move around/sell/bank freely with generally neutral faction in any evil city (Neriak, Grobb, Oggok, OT outpost). I was able to kill Oggok guards, sell to the vendors and bank with the banker throughout.

Galacticus
02-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Some banks like oggok or high keep I just run right up to the banker invis and fd. You can bank while fd. Then when your done just run out and fd again then gate or invis up.

Won't work in heavily guarded banks like north Freeport as well. The higher your level the easier it gets.

Buellen
02-17-2013, 09:44 PM
chello

1) turn in cloth shirts <reg not small/larg> to shield merchant that wanders east commmons between 2nd inn and last inn before west commons. you will need to turn in roughly 300 shirst as iksar sk/necro to become dubious to the NFP guards.

this is easy to do as thier is merchant at inn between orc camps that sell the cloth shirts and the shield merchant will be dubious and still can do that quest that gives the factions. THIS WILL MAKE YOU KOS TO FREEPORT MELITIA.

2) For NFP banking Travel to qeynos run through sewers to qeynos docks and find the BRANDY Quest guys you can invis <spell /potion> in to him and stand by him and not get agro. turn in 4 backpacs of brandy . Viola all merchants in freeprot will like you INCLUDING BANKERS.

fishingme
02-18-2013, 12:21 AM
what i would do in your case (i recently leveled a ikky necro) if you can't buy all your spells to 34, you should make a mule char and just do transfers. Attempt to get a few levels in at an orc camp in ec (vital as all hell unless you enjoy spending 100pp just for food and another 100pp for water). Once you have done a few orc groups you're set when you get call of bones(skelly illusion, your HP to mana spell.) skelly illusion is auto dubious to guards/merchants, but indifferent to the bankers. On my necro I sat in EC for a few hours just having my pet auto attack all the orcs at orc 2 and raised my faction up high enough to use EC merchants for food/water.

Aroith
02-18-2013, 01:35 AM
All the druid vendors at the druid rings sell to everyone.

Kagatob
02-18-2013, 01:57 AM
It is easy to bank in Neriak as an iksar. They went through and switched factions around a few months ago actually, but I think you can still do it: turn in a few stacks of red wine and you can walk around the majority of Neriak without worry. Dark Bargainers (Which is the banker's faction) will cap way before Dreadguard Outer (guards in Nekutlos, Foreign Quarter, and Commons), at which point you can just invis into the bank, or keep turning in wine until the guards like you.

I have NEVER been attacked on my iksar in Neriak after doing red wine. Then again, I never wandered into the caster's guild.

It says you need indifferent to complete the hand in. Can you do this while FD and get credit/faction for it?

Ephirith
02-18-2013, 02:10 AM
It says you need indifferent to complete the hand in. Can you do this while FD and get credit/faction for it?

As of march 2012, the mob conned apprehensively to both an iksar shaman and an iksar shadow knight, and I was able to hand in the wine.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68987&highlight=iksar+neriak+wine

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35207&highlight=iksar+neriak+wine

At some point, I don't remember when, they adjusted various iksar factions including Neriak.

Before the adjustment, a fresh iksar would con dubiously to Dreadguard Outer guards. Afterwards I think it was threateningly.

I'm willing to bet it still works even without FD. Don't recall whether it works with FD or not, because I didn't even have to feign to hand it in on my SK.

If you really want to stroll around in Neriak and nothing else works, you can always get someone to charm him for you.

Kagatob
02-18-2013, 02:40 AM
^ Thank you, now I know that I have options in that regard.

I should probably have elaborated as to why I wanted to know about FD though, I was curious about other faction quests such as bone chips and handing them in while FD for faction as other methods would not be viable since quest NPC's are standing right next to guards/other KoS factions ETC.

Cyrex
03-14-2013, 03:50 PM

This guy is totally right. Confirmed it is still working. You do not need to be indifferent to Dark Bargainers to do this quest. I started off apprehensive and was maxed out to warmly in no time.

I just ran my Iksar nero to Neriak and used invisibility to get to the library. I brought about 30 stacks of red wine with me. However, there are several places to buy red wine in neriak, just watch out for roaming guards. Also, you only need to give him 1 bottle per quest turn in. I was giving him 4 bottles until i figured out i was wasting red wine.

Malone88
03-14-2013, 03:59 PM
All the druid vendors at the druid rings sell to everyone.
Not all of them are safe though. Found out the hard way when I ported into WC. :mad:

SupaflyIRL
03-14-2013, 04:38 PM
don't leave kunark until you've outgrown kurn's imo

webrunner5
03-14-2013, 05:13 PM
There is a Reason EQ Devs gave evil races FD. Use it.

Swish
03-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Hello,

FD near the banker,

Right-Click on the banker.

Once more...

Felwithe/North Freeport... line up at the wall where the bankers can't see you, scroll back on the mousewheel and bank from behind the wall. If you look at page 2 of the forum you'll see a screenshot of my iksar necro in Felwithe. The other wall is the first one you would hit as you walk into the North Freepot bank.

If they can't see you (but you're in range to bank), they can't kill you.

Roth
03-15-2013, 12:56 PM
I almost always play iksars and i level them in the old world and even travel around a whole lot, and the answer is that it's much easier than youd first expect. First thing is banking: theres 2 tricks to this. First is, just find something from a merchant that you can sell for like 9p and buy for 10p. or 4.6p sell for 4.3p etc. You can use this trick to make the merchant exchange your copper silver and gold for plat. It's really simple and I found this is a good substitute to banking. As far as ACTUAL banking, theres a bank under queynos that you can use as an iksar necro that isnt hard to get into. In this little area you can also buy spells trian and buy basic necessities.

Vendering is a lot easier. Gypsy camps will always sell to you. However, most poison merchants or anything not on a faction will also work. Oasis is a good camp to use nearby to freeport. Also a gypsy camp in lavastorm is a great vender point as well. Using gems is the best way to use the money trick I said above since they usually have low profit margins.

Lastly, you should just buy spells before you need them. For example, at leevl 16 buy your spells for level 16 and level 20, then you don't have to go back to cabilis till level 24. I found this to be pretty effective and unless you're leveling really fast it wasn't much of a problem.

edit: I forgot to mention, theres a poison merchant right in the tunnel to nfp as soon as you zone into fp. Since the shady swashbuckler gives bad deals this is a pretty close alternative, but there's probably some neutral venders in east commons that I'm forgetting.

double edit: I guess mainly the point im trying to drive home is that if you take your iksar to antonica or faydwer or whatever and just play naturally, it will work itself out on its own. If you don't have actual experience as an iksar, the basic assumption would be that it's difficult to do anything in the old world. This isn't the case, especially as a necro, because they have so many tools like invis, bind, gate, fd, etc to make travelling around fairly easy. Overall, I would say an iksar necro is much easier to play in the old world than something like a wood elf ranger by far just because the utility outweighs the racial restrictions.

Swish
03-17-2013, 12:25 AM
Yep some good tips - don't forget the druid vendors in WC/Steamfont/Butcher/Lavastorm/etc will also sell to lizards - very handy on Faydwer and not too far to run usually (Steamfont from Lfay/MM, BB from Unrest) :)

Clark
03-17-2013, 12:53 AM
theres a dark elf merchant in west freeport you can use to sell. This guy sells poisons at the hidden wall by the newbie yard.

You can use the wall trick to use the banker in north freeport if you invis in to the bank and pan out your camera view and click the banker.

+1

webrunner5
03-17-2013, 08:47 AM
You can buy Necro spells in the EFP Sewers. Even train there.

applesauce25r624
09-19-2013, 02:44 PM
confirmed - new iksar necro - cannot purchase necro spells from the vendor in the EFP tunnels

agnostic bard can

indiscriminate_hater
09-19-2013, 02:46 PM
bristlebane bard also can ;)

crkhobbit
09-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Necro thread necro.

<Xhibit.jpg>

Estu
09-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Side note for anyone interested: an Iksar necro is able to vendor and train in the Qeynos catacombs with no faction work. I think maybe there's a banker in that zone too, though I didn't do a lot of exploring.

crkhobbit
09-20-2013, 12:00 PM
There is a bank. When you come in that area, cleric trainers are straight ahead, necro trainers are in the section to the right. The left section has, I think, SK trainers, and a beggar looking dude that is a banker.

WTB banker in Freeport Underground for convenience.

Clark
09-21-2013, 06:01 AM