PDA

View Full Version : Lowbie (15-30) Druid gear advice

Veranish
02-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Hey guys, I'm basically naked cept for some rawhide, and using a Jaggedpine crook still.
I've got ~300 plat to spend, and am wondering whats the best bang for the buck in that range.

I'm soloing out in East Karana, but everything is resisting if I charm kite, and I'm oom at 50% of a white's health if I snare/dot kite.
Thanks for suggestions in advance!
Edit: it may help to say I'm a 15 half elf druid.

SamwiseRed
02-19-2013, 06:25 PM
go do testament of vanear while you are near highpass. other than that id just save it.

Estu
02-20-2013, 10:13 AM
You don't need gear if you're soloing a druid unless you're quad kiting (though charming is faster anyway, so no need to quad kite unless you're lazy =p). If things are resisting your charm that means you're targeting mobs that are too high level. You should always try to charm low dark blue cons (i.e. as close as possible to light blue without being light blue). If you try that a bunch of times and they keep breaking charm early or resisting, you either found a mob with a high magic resist or you should try light blue cons instead. I had great success with low dark blue cons but it was a while ago in server-time and there may have been nerfs since then (though I did not hear of any).

Anyway, the answer to the actual Q would be to save the money like Samwise said, my reason being that gear is not important for you at the moment.

SamwiseRed
02-20-2013, 11:11 AM
yup and that 300pp wont last long, druid spells get expensive. all dem ports!

Veranish
02-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Hm okay, that would make sense. Yeah I suppose I am targeting whites and occasionally yellows. Every third or fourth Griffawn seems to stay charmed for quite a while at yellow, but most everything breaks in eight second or so.

Guess I just need to slow my roll and not try to take out such high level things alone : P
Thanks for the advice, both of you!

SamwiseRed
02-20-2013, 11:17 AM
only charm blue and lb. druid charm is (supposedly) only based on level range from druid. you notice a huge difference on charm duration (and resists) on a blue mob vs a white or yellow mob.

Estu
02-21-2013, 10:36 AM
Yeah, you definintely need to be charming low dark blues. You can KILL whites and yellows, but the charmed mob you're using has to be lower level if you want to do it effectively.

Briscoe
02-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Hm okay, that would make sense. Yeah I suppose I am targeting whites and occasionally yellows. Every third or fourth Griffawn seems to stay charmed for quite a while at yellow, but most everything breaks in eight second or so.

Guess I just need to slow my roll and not try to take out such high level things alone : P
Thanks for the advice, both of you!

When I first started charming in East Karana, I was able to charm a white con griffawn and have it attack a yellow con griffawn, and do the usual invis at low health and then kill both for full exp routine. I got a full yellow of exp for this, but my confidence was also falsely inflated. I wasted a lot of time after this trying to charm higher level mobs because I got lucky early on and thought it would be that easy to charm even cons every time. So don't fall into that trap!