PDA

View Full Version : Updating your patches w/o EQ launcher (using a mac)

sdp00888
02-20-2013, 12:20 AM
So I suck with computers and have no idea how to update the new patch so I can play p99. So I downloaded the patch data from this website and I've copied and pasted it in the p99 folder, but its still saying I haven't updated it.. Not sure what to do here, and some help would be appreciated.

Obito
02-20-2013, 12:33 AM
I just did this myself,

Download the patch file. Open the file and ready the documents for copying.

Next go to your "Project 1999" app and right click, and click "show package contents"

Go to, Drive C, Program Files, and open the Sony Folder. Copy the patch files into your "sony" folder. Replace any existing files.

That's It. Close the windows and launch your "project 1999" app.

Zereh
02-20-2013, 12:39 AM
For whatever reason just copying in new files does not overwrite old ones (and the newer ones get renamed by your OS). So you have to manually remove / rename existing files and then copy the new ones in.

Obito
02-20-2013, 12:41 AM
For whatever reason just copying in new files does not overwrite old ones (and the newer ones get renamed by your OS). So you have to manually remove / rename existing files and then copy the new ones in.

Strange, Doesn't happen to me. I'm on 10.6.8. I just copied and replaced.

oddibemcd
02-20-2013, 01:00 AM
I just did this myself,

Download the patch file. Open the file and ready the documents for copying.

Next go to your "Project 1999" app and right click, and click "show package contents"

Go to, Drive C, Program Files, and open the Sony Folder. Copy the patch files into your "sony" folder. Replace any existing files.

That's It. Close the windows and launch your "project 1999" app.

Nailed it. Unzip in whatever you want, navigate just like he said and drag and drop

Overwrite/replace everything. Open your resources folder and move the document instead of just dragging the folder.

Any of you mac users find the game to be much darker on a mac than on a PC? Wondering if anyone found a fix for that.

khanable
02-20-2013, 02:33 AM
Nailed it. Unzip in whatever you want, navigate just like he said and drag and drop

Overwrite/replace everything. Open your resources folder and move the document instead of just dragging the folder.

Any of you mac users find the game to be much darker on a mac than on a PC? Wondering if anyone found a fix for that.

In the wineskin settings you can adjust the gamma

Striiker
02-20-2013, 03:02 AM
I run EQ in Parallels 8 on my Mac. To adjust gamma I use a program called Handy Gamma. It's free and works like a charm! This runs in the Mac OS, not in my Windows VM.

http://www.nanomoai.com/mac-projects/handy-gamma/