PDA

View Full Version : An END to Raid Camping

Nomura
06-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Im sure I'll get flamed for this, because it's the internet and all that jazz. Even with all my spare time at work today, I cant be bothered to sift through all 23 pages of text, when the solution so ridiculously simple. I did see it mentioned once or twice though, seemingly ignored. There doesnt need to be lots of rules and paperwork and all these schedules. So here it is, your solution.

STOP CAMPING, just STOP IT, and it ends, its really that easy. ;)

'But then some other guild will just come in camp'

To that I say, this has become such a big issue, any guild who decides to recreate this mess, should be disbanded and have everyone banned ;P

Anri D'Vierren,
Teir'Dal Enchanter

Dersk
06-17-2010, 12:23 AM
This is so much better than the 23 pages of suggestions.

I'm impressed.

I suggest using this methodology to stop crime and war. You have my prayers.

Uaellaen
06-17-2010, 12:25 AM
OP is right, it is that simple ...

rioisk
06-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Dedication = gear, that's how eq1 works

Uaellaen
06-17-2010, 12:42 AM
I have every planar item i want, and i camped raid mobs for exactly 0 days 0 hours 0 minutes and 0 seconds.

Nedala
06-18-2010, 04:39 AM
Camping raid targets = too lame to get them the normal way ;)

Alawen Everywhere
06-18-2010, 05:09 AM
That's a brilliant idea, I wish someone had thought of it before.

astarothel
06-18-2010, 05:17 AM
I foresee 20 pages of uselessness followed by an inevitable relocation to RnF.

Kuldiin
06-18-2010, 05:58 AM
Instance everything. Once in a guild everything is instanced.

Used to get sick of seeing a mage camping guards in FP, fuckoff. This is my nostalgia not yours!

Instancing would mean I could camp those guards without competition.

Omnimorph
06-18-2010, 07:42 AM
Instance everything. Once in a guild everything is instanced.

Used to get sick of seeing a mage camping guards in FP, fuckoff. This is my nostalgia not yours!

Instancing would mean I could camp those guards without competition.

Funnily enough i don't think a single person would be interested in this. The only reason someone wants phat_lewtz01 from a god is because other guy doesn't have it!

Instancing would solve the drama, but the game would lose a lot more.

I do agree the camping should end.

nicemace
06-18-2010, 07:51 AM
i actually like camping, im much more productive in my day to day life if im not sittin infront of my computer all day :P

cleaned the shit out of the drains in the bathroom sink the other day, that shit was harsh but needed to be done.

Aadill
06-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Yuck! When I moved into my current place I had to clean the drains and booyyyyyyyy howdy I didn't need the bucket under the sink to catch any spillage from the sink, I needed it for me! That was the most foul smelling gunk ever.

Apparently the previous tenants never ever cleaned the drain :(

Phallax
06-18-2010, 10:14 AM
As much as we dont want GM intervention, this is needed, and not exactly GM intervention but them enforcing the rules

6. AFK camping is not respected and is frowned upon, if caught afk camping you will be booted to the character select screen.

Majority of raid target campers AFK and this is frowned upon. Lets get active GMs and start char select booting people!

(Posting in all 100 posts about camping!)