PDA

View Full Version : Slaughtering in Unholy Velious

Splorf22
02-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Unholy being live in this case.

HP totals of some zones: Load up eqlive, turn on logs. Slaughter every npc in westwastes, tov, pog, necropolis. Slaughter the zone several times to get the most accurate information. (There is not a showeq spawnlog for Velious of which I'm aware.) Submit the logs.

Looking to get this done. It's real simple: kill shit with /log on. Try not to get the killing blow with some huge spell/skill which would distort the log's estimate of the hp. Profit.

I'd like to either borrow someone's live account or preferably hang out with a few other people. Because lets face it, EQ is a multiplayer game and just more fun that way!

Itap
02-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Someone say Velious?

Freakish
02-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Velious is coming out?

Glasken
02-21-2013, 04:30 PM
*sniff sniff*

I smell Velious.

Splorf22
02-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Maybe if you people would actually be interested in getting stuff done rather than Beavis still 'heheh velious hehe' snorting . . .

Swish
02-21-2013, 04:50 PM
http://i.minus.com/iv21pG9Ku9qa6.gif

Alarti0001
02-21-2013, 05:25 PM
http://i.minus.com/iv21pG9Ku9qa6.gif

This thread is defined as a testing thread. Not a velious thread... take your Velious hatred to the proper channels !!!

Swish
02-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Nah, it may look like a testing thread but its actually a "hurry up Rogean, Velious noew!!" thread... there's quite a difference, look at the first 3 replies - they saw it for what it was.

nilbog
02-21-2013, 05:36 PM
A p99 hero has submitted logs for westwastes. This should be sufficient for that zone.

Plane of Growth
Temple of Veeshan
Plane of Mischief

^ Those would be considered high priority.

or preferably hang out with a few other people.

Unfortunately for this test, it's easier on the logs for a single individual to kill targets. Gives clear results. And, as noted above, not to finish the npc with a gigantic spell or finishing move. Within the logs, it will also contain aggro and death messages, which are very helpful.

Any logs that you wish to submit may be sent to testing.p99@gmail.com.

Thanks folks!

Enygma
02-21-2013, 05:39 PM
I will log on live and work on it now! THANKS NILBOG!! <3 - do you want us to PM you this info in a thread or ? can you PM me with somewhere to email the attached file?

I will start with PoG. - if im continually getting finishing blows at 10% ... is the data useless? should i wait to get another character in there if possible?

<3

Sworen Owns
60 Warlord - The Mystical Order

Thulack
02-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Whats point in doing this in PoM? are we not getting the original PoM here? If so whats point in using live as a baseline for anything? Some of the mobs might be the same but wasnt there a whole new set of mobs put in when it was revamped? I also want to say ToV has had work done too.

feanan
02-21-2013, 07:07 PM
I can't believe the mob information is anywhere near what it was back when velious was actually released, but what do I know.

I'd think the best/closest place to get this info would be on eqmac.

Tasslehofp99
02-21-2013, 07:23 PM
hehe people probably slow to get things logged/tested because one guild has monopolized kunark since its been out for the most part,majority of the server has yet to even play kunark.

nilbog
02-21-2013, 07:30 PM
I will log on live and work on it now! THANKS NILBOG!! <3 - do you want us to PM you this info in a thread or ? can you PM me with somewhere to email the attached file?

I will start with PoG.

<3

Sworen

My last post included an email address :P Please send it there. testing.p99@gmail.com

Whats point in doing this in PoM? are we not getting the original PoM here? If so whats point in using live as a baseline for anything? Some of the mobs might be the same but wasnt there a whole new set of mobs put in when it was revamped? I also want to say ToV has had work done too.

So many questions. Because some of the mobs are the same is the answer. I will use what I can, and the rest I obviously won't. If you have a better idea, I'm open to hear it.

I can't believe the mob information is anywhere near what it was back when velious was actually released, but what do I know.

I'd think the best/closest place to get this info would be on eqmac.

The npcs in Kunark and Velious were generally left alone. When looking for this type of generic information, it's fine. EQmac is an obvious better choice, but people aren't going to have level 90s to quickly run through zones and submit logs.

Regardless, live or eqmac has data we can certainly use. Aggro messages, death messages, faction etc.

Zapatos
02-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Assuming one had access to toons on eqmac and could make it to PoM, what should they do there to help rebuild the original zone? (roflstomp killing would be a quick way to wreck your critter faction and cut off easy access through the zone)

Enygma
02-21-2013, 08:50 PM
will do nilbog!! Just curious about the finishing blows - im getting a lot of them on the 90 war im using... is this data useless to you? should i try and get a pet class to do this without getting finishing blows?

EDIT: using merc to finish off last 10% - is data worthless still.

Thanks,

Sworen Owns

Splorf22
02-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Sworen my understanding is that the calculator simply adds up all the damage done to the mob and uses that as a HP estimate. So if the last blow is an 8k critical hit, the remaining HP of the mob could be anywhere between 0-8k. For a mob with 15k hp, this is a problem, because the parser will say oh, it has 20k hp (when it really had 3k remaining before it was vaporized by your 8k critical). In this example the parser could estimate anywhere from 15 to 23k for the HP total. Therefore the key is the damage of the last swing which should be as low as possible. Kick them to death!

Enygma
02-21-2013, 10:09 PM
Sworen my understanding is that the calculator simply adds up all the damage done to the mob and uses that as a HP estimate. So if the last blow is an 8k critical hit, the remaining HP of the mob could be anywhere between 0-8k. For a mob with 15k hp, this is a problem, because the parser will say oh, it has 20k hp (when it really had 3k remaining before it was vaporized by your 8k critical). In this example the parser could estimate anywhere from 15 to 23k for the HP total. Therefore the key is the damage of the last swing which should be as low as possible. Kick them to death!

sooo the data is useles because im finishing blows for 50k :(

Splorf22
02-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Maybe your merc has a more reasonable max hit?

Enygma
02-22-2013, 12:32 AM
using shaman now - just realized the merc was hitting for spell damage for 10k as well :( ugh!!

Sworen Owns

Erazmus
02-22-2013, 12:57 AM
I have an 86 mage on live. I could use various level pets and do something like this.

Enygma
02-22-2013, 01:51 AM
just finished farming all the mobs in TOV - named were missing as they are still killed on live - WTF!

But I think Nilbog can get the stats for named from various posts as it was tracked whereas the trash mobs weren't so much.

Email sent to nilbog I have asked if he requires more data to post or send me an email to update this thread - Zones outstanding:

Plane of Mischief
Plane of Growth

Sworen Owns

Treats
02-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Assuming one had access to toons on eqmac and could make it to PoM, what should they do there to help rebuild the original zone? (roflstomp killing would be a quick way to wreck your critter faction and cut off easy access through the zone)

There are only a few things that should give faction hits in PoM.

(Not totally positive, it has been a long time)

Sphinx guy in the garden that gives the Words of Wealth?
Litharian?
Sniffles or Stomples? (For sure)

Alarti0001
02-22-2013, 10:01 AM
just finished farming all the mobs in TOV - named were missing as they are still killed on live - WTF!

But I think Nilbog can get the stats for named from various posts as it was tracked whereas the trash mobs weren't so much.

Email sent to nilbog I have asked if he requires more data to post or send me an email to update this thread - Zones outstanding:

Plane of Mischief
Plane of Growth

Sworen Owns

I find the NToV names up often... and slaughter them often. Ill check on them soon. Dagarn is usually camped though because he drops a high dmg bow for twink rangers lol

xious
02-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Aw man, I didn't read the whole thing and went slaughtering all of Kael for giggles. That'll teach me.

Enygma
02-22-2013, 03:39 PM
EDIT: TOV, Mischief and Growth done.

Waiting to hear back from nilbog to see if the data sent is adequate.

Sworen Owns

Enygma
02-23-2013, 01:02 AM
bump for completeness.

Sworen Owns

Obito
02-23-2013, 01:12 AM
Mad respect to everyone putting in the time to do this, I don't have an account, or the time to put into this, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone giving hours of their time to taking us one step closer to Velious.
/runonsentence

Enygma
02-25-2013, 05:54 PM
bump still waiting reply.

Enygma
03-01-2013, 03:03 AM
bump still waiting on updates!

Swish
03-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Send nilbog a PM :p

Thulack
03-01-2013, 12:16 PM
I find the NToV names up often... and slaughter them often. Ill check on them soon. Dagarn is usually camped though because he drops a high dmg bow for twink rangers lol

Moreso the 17 delay on the bow makes it the fastest bow in the game and ALL rangers want it for Headshotting.

EchoedTruth
03-01-2013, 12:18 PM
I wonder if my 72 sk with 15k hp could solo ToV... hmmmmmmmm

Arcinsane
03-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Prolly need higher level for ToV =P Like a 90+, was having some difficulty as a 85 bard with 26k hp...Then again it was a bard.

cyryllis
03-01-2013, 01:38 PM
can solo all of ntov, but thats on my 88 rogue with 45k hp. sontalak is still near impossible for me to solo though outside

Enygma
03-12-2013, 11:58 PM
bump still waiting reply.

Swish
03-13-2013, 08:08 AM

Enygma
03-13-2013, 10:31 PM

have... they don't reply.